What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (13 Viewers)

McConnell hotlined this.

Not a single Senator, including Republicans, opposed it.

Wow.

Senate Cloakroom‏ @SenateCloakroom 16m16 minutes ago

Adopted by Unanimous Consent: S.Res.325 - Transmission of Whistleblower Complaint: Expressing the sense of the Senate that the whistleblower complaint received on 8/12/19, by the IG of the Intelligence Community should be transmitted immediately to Intelligence Committee
Nonbinding resolution - just good optics for everyone who is now officially on the side of getting all the facts out.

This whistleblower has done what no one else has been able to do up to now. Gotta be front runner for Time's person of the year if anything significant comes of it.
So...at this point all we have is an allegation and no evidence. Maybe we should wait for the facts to come out. Has anyone heard from the Ukrainian President to confirm any of this?

If true, it is unacceptable and he should be impeached. 
Just to clarify, because this may become an issue later: if WHAT is true? Asking Ukraine to investigate Biden? Or is it only unacceptable if there is a clearly stated quid pro quo?

So...at this point all we have is an allegation and no evidence. Maybe we should wait for the facts to come out. Has anyone heard from the Ukrainian President to confirm any of this?
Trump has already admitted requesting investigation of the Bidens.  That’s evidence.

There is a lot that is unclear still. One of my main questions is: will they continue to investigate the crimes described in the Mueller Report? Will Don McGann be called to testify?

There is a lot that is unclear still. One of my main questions is: will they continue to investigate the crimes described in the Mueller Report? Will Don McGann be called to testify?
Honestly, there is room for multiple articles of impeachment.  Once you break the seal, might as well throw the kitchen sink at him.  Conspiracy w/ Russia, obstruction of justice WRT Mueller, emoluments clause violations, the Ukraine business, campaign finance violations, lack of candor, and making America less great.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Democrats are serious about this they need to grow a pair and fight as vicious as possible.   The reason why people Corey whomp whomp was so smug and arrogant in his testimony was because he figured that the Democrats would just talk a game and not do anything.   Or if they do anything it will be in the gentleman way like this is 2012 or some ####.   

I've only read the described resolution via that twitter message, but I’d have to assume if it was mostly for show they Senate Dems would have actually opposed it rather than signing on?

:cry: Poor baby.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

Such an important day at the United Nations, so much work and so much success, and the Democrats purposely had to ruin and demean it with more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage. So bad for our Country! 
So much success ...mocking a teenager.   :no:   

Link to actual quote from Trump?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-admits-asking-ukraine-to-investigate-bidens-son

Trump Admits Asking Ukraine to Investigate Biden’s Son

President Donald Trump admitted on Monday morning that he told Ukraine’s president that the U.S. would withhold $250 million in military aid for Ukraine because of “corruption”—an apparent reference to efforts to dig up dirt on the role Joe Biden and his son Hunter are alleged to have played in Ukraine several years back. 

“Well, you’re going to see because what we are doing is we want honesty and I think with the new president you’re going to see much more honesty in the Ukraine and that’s what we’re looking for,” Trump told reporters in New York City. “We want to make sure that country is honest. It’s very important to talk about corruption. If you don’t talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?”

Trump’s admission is a massive upping of the stakes of a deeply controversial saga surrounding his presidency.

In the past week, news reports have revealed that in a recent phone call, Trump pressed the new Ukrainian leader, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate whether Joe Biden intervened on his son’s behalf to fire a prosecutor who was allegedly being harmful to his business interests. News reports have shown that Biden did not play such a role. 

Trump, nevertheless, has insisted that there is more to the story. And, behind the scenes, he and his top adviser, Rudy Giuliani, have encouraged the new Ukraine leadership to keep digging into the allegation. Questions have surrounded whether the president sat for months on the security aid—which has been given annually since the Russian invasion of Crimea—in order to compel Zelensky to act.

On Monday, Trump admitted he had done just that. Earlier in the day, Giuliani had said he could not be “100 percent” certain that Trump didn’t threaten to cut off military aid.

Honestly, there is room for multiple articles of impeachment.  Once you break the seal, might as well throw the kitchen sink at him.  Conspiracy w/ Russia, obstruction of justice WRT Mueller, emoluments clause violations, the Ukraine business, campaign finance violations, lack of candor, and making America less great.
I agree but the problem is all of those issues could take forever to adjudicate.

Link to actual quote from Trump?
“The conversation I had was largely congratulatory, was largely corruption, all of the corruption taking place, was largely the fact that we don’t want our people like Vice President Biden and his son [contributing] to the corruption already in Ukraine,”
Is your point that this isn’t a quote directly asking for an investigation? That it’s only implied?

If it later comes out that he directly asked, will that be enough for you to support impeachment?

Just to clarify, because this may become an issue later: if WHAT is true? Asking Ukraine to investigate Biden? Or is it only unacceptable if there is a clearly stated quid pro quo?
The quid pro quo. 

I'd have to see the actual complaint to form an opinion on the rest. Was Trump looking for things that happened in the past or was he seeking to get them to spy on Biden. Admittedly, I haven't followed this 100% 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-admits-asking-ukraine-to-investigate-bidens-son

Trump Admits Asking Ukraine to Investigate Biden’s Son

President Donald Trump admitted on Monday morning that he told Ukraine’s president that the U.S. would withhold $250 million in military aid for Ukraine because of “corruption”—an apparent reference to efforts to dig up dirt on the role Joe Biden and his son Hunter are alleged to have played in Ukraine several years back. 

“Well, you’re going to see because what we are doing is we want honesty and I think with the new president you’re going to see much more honesty in the Ukraine and that’s what we’re looking for,” Trump told reporters in New York City. “We want to make sure that country is honest. It’s very important to talk about corruption. If you don’t talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?”

Trump’s admission is a massive upping of the stakes of a deeply controversial saga surrounding his presidency.

In the past week, news reports have revealed that in a recent phone call, Trump pressed the new Ukrainian leader, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate whether Joe Biden intervened on his son’s behalf to fire a prosecutor who was allegedly being harmful to his business interests. News reports have shown that Biden did not play such a role. 

Trump, nevertheless, has insisted that there is more to the story. And, behind the scenes, he and his top adviser, Rudy Giuliani, have encouraged the new Ukraine leadership to keep digging into the allegation. Questions have surrounded whether the president sat for months on the security aid—which has been given annually since the Russian invasion of Crimea—in order to compel Zelensky to act.

On Monday, Trump admitted he had done just that. Earlier in the day, Giuliani had said he could not be “100 percent” certain that Trump didn’t threaten to cut off military aid.
That isn't a Trump quote.  Try again

I think there needs to be clear evidence of a quid pro quo or this is going to backfire tremendously.

The quid pro quo. 

I'd have to see the actual complaint to form an opinion on the rest. Was Trump looking for things that happened in the past or was he seeking to get them to spy on Biden. Admittedly, I haven't followed this 100% 
OK thanks.

I am almost 100% positive there's not going to be a clear cut quid pro quo. Many of us, however, think that simply asking the Ukraine President for an investigation of Joe Biden is an impeachable offense, in part because every time the President speaks to a foreign country with a request there is implied pressure. Would you agree with this argument?

Is there a breakdown somewhere that explains this process. What's the difference between an impeachment inquiry and impeachment itself? Next steps? Etc. 

Something that an uneducated person that didn't take political science in college would help. 

How is this different from what Clinton went through. I'm too young to remember Nixon proceedings. 

OK thanks.

I am almost 100% positive there's not going to be a clear cut quid pro quo. Many of us, however, think that simply asking the Ukraine President for an investigation of Joe Biden is an impeachable offense, in part because every time the President speaks to a foreign country with a request there is implied pressure. Would you agree with this argument?
Well isn't the bigger issue that he may have threatened to hold back support to the Ukraine if he didn't get the investigation on Biden moving?

I think there needs to be clear evidence of a quid pro quo or this is going to backfire tremendously.
Again, I doubt there will be.

If you listened to Michael Cohen's testimony, he said that Trump doesn't make threats or promises in clear cut fashion. He implies, he hints, he makes you understand what he wants, but in such a way that he can't get in trouble. Think of the old mobster line, "that's a nice business you got, wouldn't want anything to happen to it." Even that is probably more direct that Trump will ever be.

I agree but the problem is all of those issues could take forever to adjudicate.
other problem is many are convinced russiagate is a complete hoax, and this Ukrainian One stuff is so new that Trump and his GOP enablers have not had a chance to gaslight the public yet 

OK thanks.

Did he ask for an investigation of Biden or ask about what they discovered in the past? 

Is there a breakdown somewhere that explains this process. What's the difference between an impeachment inquiry and impeachment itself? Next steps? Etc. 

Something that an uneducated person that didn't take political science in college would help. 

How is this different from what Clinton went through. I'm too young to remember Nixon proceedings. 
Impeachment itself involves writing up articles of impeachment and voting on them. Prior to that, there is public testimony, like the Watergate hearings. That is what is coming next- supposedly. I say supposedly because if the White House continues to refuse to cooperate with subpoenas, then we're looking at more court battles. The idea, however, is that an official impeachment inquiry has added weight with the court and that any disputes will be adjudicated much more quickly- and also that, based on all precedent, the White House is going to lose every challenge they make.

I don't need an explicit quid pro quo.  Just the bolded is enough.  (Any such request would have an implied quid pro quo attached whether it's said out loud or not, and it's a flagrant abuse of the office).

Users who are viewing this thread