What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

The most difficult part of this is the use of all these names. This testimony is devastating if you are willing to listen to it, but the problem will be the people who aren't willing to listen.  That used to be the function of the media, but right wing media outlets are asking who the whistleblower is. I don't think you can expect the bubble to get popped. 

The Democrats badly need sound bites from this.

Good summary so far -

Ann Couter@AnnCoulter Okay, fine, I backslid and listened to a few minutes, but now I have the whole picture:  It's a policy disagreement, featuring self-important bureaucrats telling us that their views are better than THE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.

https://twitter.com/anncoulter/status/1194647800908304385?s=21
Better summary:

Non-partisan, decorated lifetime government officials don't think assistance should be withheld for political gain. 

Bill Taylor:

"During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had… Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security money would not come until President Zelensky committed to pursue the Burisma investigation."
I hope Morrison and Sondland confirm that or it is just hearsay

Got any proof of this?
Schiff and the whole crew know the whistleblower. Incredible he would try to lie about this. He is a serial liar though.

Rep. Adam Schiff, chair of the House intelligence committee, wrongly implied that his committee had no contact with the whistleblower before receiving the complaint. Schiff claimed, “We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower,” when the whistleblower had in fact reached out to a committee aide before filing a complaint.
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/schiff-wrong-on-whistleblower-contact/

Last edited by a moderator:
The most difficult part of this is the use of all these names. This testimony is devastating if you are willing to listen to it, but the problem will be the people who aren't willing to listen.  That used to be the function of the media, but right wing media outlets are asking who the whistleblower is. I don't think you can expect the bubble to get popped. 

The Democrats badly need sound bites from this.
I could see many of these sound bites used in campaign ads against trump's senators needing reelection in 2020..  

:(

Bill Taylor was told explicitly that the President "cared more" about investigating conspiracy theories than protecting our ally Ukraine (aka protecting our national security).

Democrats are playing this perfectly.

There could not have been a more credible narrator to frame this whole plot than Bill Taylor. It has the feel of being read an audiobook 

Bill Taylor:

"The odd push to make President Zelenskyy publicly commit to investigations of Burisma and alleged interference in the 2016 election showed how the official foreign policy of the United States was undercut by the irregular efforts led by Mr. Giuliani."

It seems like the posts here over the last 2 pages are dominated by discussion of the whistleblower’s identity, and whether Schiff knows, while almost ignoring the gentleman who is speaking and his absolutely devastating testimony. 

Widbil83 said:

Schiff and the whole crew know the whistleblower.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/schiff-wrong-on-whistleblower-contact/

Your link does not state that Schiff knows the identity of the whistleblower.

It only states that the whistleblower had contact with his committee.

Those two things are not the same.

It seems like the posts here over the last 2 pages are dominated by discussion of the whistleblower’s identity, and whether Schiff knows, while almost ignoring the gentleman who is speaking and his absolutely devastating testimony. 
The witnesses were just reading prepared statements, which is fairly boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whistleblower could be Hillary Clinton and it wouldn't matter.  His/her charges have been strongly validated by multiple people.

Natasha Bertrand
@NatashaBertrand
·
12m
Via pooler @michaelcrowley
: Asked whether Trump is watching impeachment hearing, Stephanie Grisham said: “He's in the Oval in meetings. Not watching. He's working." But no Marine standing guard outside West wing, as is customary when POTUS is in the Oval, @dmartosko noted.

Thus proving my point about how devastating it would be if the Republicans can prove Schiff was lying. It would become the story. And yes it would be very unfortunate if it overrode facts but that's the sad way the world works. 

Kyle Cheney@kyledcheney

Mid-hearing impeachment inquiry officials announce two new closed depositions.

Friday: David Holmes

Saturday: Mark Sandy, an OMB official who refused to appear last week.

Another perfect phone call.

William Taylor details NEW info from a July 26 event: One of Taylor's staffers heard Gordon Sondland on the phone with Trump, "asking Ambassador Sondland about 'the investigations.' Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward."

See here: https://twitter.com/HayesBrown/status/1194654015365304320?s=20
Maybe Sondland's memory will get jogged again.

And this is also the direct link to Trump.

Kyle Cheney@kyledcheney

Mid-hearing impeachment inquiry officials announce two new closed depositions.

Friday: David Holmes

Saturday: Mark Sandy, an OMB official who refused to appear last week.
A bit curious if Holmes is the staffer that Taylor testified about hearing the phone call between Trump and Sondland.

Thus proving my point about how devastating it would be if the Republicans can prove Schiff was lying. It would become the story. And yes it would be very unfortunate if it overrode facts but that's the sad way the world works. 
No I think it proves the point that people are trying to distract. I don’t think they will succeed. My guess is that around the country, people watching are not thinking at all about the whistleblower, nor will they from this morning on. It’s become a dead issue as of this public testimony. 

This is probably because most of the people in here are already well-versed on the topic and these upstanding, lifetime government officials have confirmed everything we already knew. Not much to discuss. In the parlance of red hats, one could even say "these guys are owning the traitors."

GOLDMAN:

"Have you ever seen another example of foreign aid conditioned on the personal or political interests of the president of the United States?"

TAYLOR:

"No, Mr. Goldman, I've not."

GOLDMAN:

"Is pressuring Ukraine to conduct what I believe you've called political investigations a part of U.S. foreign policy to promote the rule of law in Ukraine and around the world?"

KENT:

"It is not."

Eh, it's more like why the Julio Jones thread isn't as popular as the threads of fringe fantasy players. There's nothing to debate. These two gentleman have just confirmed things we all knew. Not sure there's much to talk about.

If the QPQ was based solely on the WH meeting and nothing to do with withholding aid, would this be going on?

BILL TAYLOR:

"It's one thing to try to leverage a meeting in the WH, it's another thing, I thought, to leverage security assistance, security assistance to a country at war ... It was much more alarming. The WH meeting was one thing. The security assistance was much more alarming."

:devil:

GOLDMAN:

"Did you take notes related to most of the conversations, if not all of them, that you recited in your opening statement?"

TAYLOR:

"All of them, Mr. Goldman."

Users who are viewing this thread