What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I'll be on @seanhannity 2nite @FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that's why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.

Just to make it more readable.

Huckabee :lmao:

Third term? 
The two term limit has the same force as the emoluments and appropriations clauses you were emoji-laughing about earlier.
“ Laughing (1) John Blutarsky Just now“

Exactly my point, Trumpguy who objects to idea that Trump supporters don’t care about unconstitutional behavior laughs at proposed future instances of unconstitutional conduct.

So you seriously believe that Trump or any elected official will make sure to change things to allow more than 2 terms as President? Wow
He's already done about 1000 things I wouldn't have seriously believed any elected official would do, and this isn't some fly-by-night conspiracy theorist saying it, it's a (supposedly) respected nationally known member of the GOP. 

I'll be on @seanhannity 2nite @FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that's why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.

Just to make it more readable.

Huckabee :lmao:
Hey, the 22nd Amendment only says "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once." All Huckabee has to do is propose a way to keep him in office that can be accomplished without a third election being held and he can be President for life. 

Yep, I think the talk of a third term is trolling. Everyone knows it isn’t going to happen. Yet, we have a moderator bringing it up. 
I'm not concerned about trolling. I was asking if any action taken to "create" a third term for Trump would be over the line? Why?

I gotta agree with @John Blutarsky for once: fears of a third term are, frankly paranoid. 
I’d say my 20 on the bar would be on him not trying it. He’ll be super old at that point, for one thing. Having said that, I think we’ve just gotten through discussing at least 4 instances of impeachable behavior, all of which has been endorsed and protected by the Senate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, beyond the whole constitutional thing- I don’t even think Trump wants a 2nd term, much less a third one. He wants to win re-election sure but beyond that goal I suspect he has no thoughts beyond that, and I don’t think he enjoys the job all that much. 

The press statement from the White House makes no mention of a Senate trial. That and McConnell’s statement indicate whitewash. The Republicans need to be careful here or they risk losing their majority in the Senate. 

I simply don’t understand why the Democrats would go along with the Republicans on limiting witnesses in the Senate. Supposedly they’re scared of having Hunter Biden be forced to testify. Why?? That’s only going to make the Republicans look more ridiculous. 

The Democrats should insist on witnesses, insist on a full blown trial, demand Bolton, Pompeo, Giuliani and Mulvaney, and if Republicans balk shout “cover up!” as loud as they can and keep shouting cover up and whitewash all the way to the election. This is so easy, why don’t they get it? Beyond frustrating to me. 

I simply don’t understand why the Democrats would go along with the Republicans on limiting witnesses in the Senate. Supposedly they’re scared of having Hunter Biden be forced to testify. Why?? That’s only going to make the Republicans look more ridiculous. 

The Democrats should insist on witnesses, insist on a full blown trial, demand Bolton, Pompeo, Giuliani and Mulvaney, and if Republicans balk shout “cover up!” as loud as they can and keep shouting cover up and whitewash all the way to the election. This is so easy, why don’t they get it? Beyond frustrating to me. 
If there are witnesses, and the GOP is in control of proceedings, it's going to be a train wreck.  

In light of what we're being told, I think Obama should call his friend Angela Merkel and ask her for a favor - to go on TV and announce that Germany is launching an investigation into Deutsche Bank and potential illegal activity between that company and Trump Org. For the sake of rooting out corruption and all. 

You've failed to answer my question. 

Have a great day.
I did answer it. There will be no action by any party. It’s a fictional hypothetical question. If you want more clarification in this nonsense...if any party tries to change the 22nd amendment it will not work and be considered over the line.

Seems like an acknowledgement of defeat. Why drag it out and let the loss linger? Nancy resisted this for a long time. This could be her way of saying I told you so to the progressives who pushed her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, beyond the whole constitutional thing- I don’t even think Trump wants a 2nd term, much less a third one. He wants to win re-election sure but beyond that goal I suspect he has no thoughts beyond that, and I don’t think he enjoys the job all that much. 
Agreed. I think he only ran in the first place to spite Obama who mocked him years earlier. I think he has no interest in governing; he just wants to do and say whatever makes his base happy and whatever annoys anyone who doesn’t love him  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
For the record, I think having folks testify who thus far have avoided testifying, in defiance of law, is a good thing.

But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that a trial with many participants will clearly be good for democrats.  The only factor that gives me hope is that the chief justice presides over the trial, and not the majority leader.

I think it’s important to impeach Trump while he’s still in office,  not several years after his third term had already expired.

To litigate each asserted privilege, one by one as they are newly invented, to the Supreme Court would literally take years.
When Trump runs for this third term, the Democrats need to nominate Obama. At least we will have great theater while the world burns. 

Not worth starting a new topic for, but I'm interested to hear people's guesses as to which party sees more defections from the party consensus in the coming House and Senate votes.

Which will be greater..

the number of Dems who vote NO to impeach (House) and NO to convict (Senate)

- or -

the number of Reps who vote YES to impeach (House) and YES to convict (Senate)

?

In light of what we're being told, I think Obama should call his friend Angela Merkel and ask her for a favor - to go on TV and announce that Germany is launching an investigation into Deutsche Bank and potential illegal activity between that company and Trump Org. For the sake of rooting out corruption and all. 
Exactly.  I really wish Trump defenders would sincerely ponder this premise.  Are they really willing to say they'd be ok with this behavior?

Not worth starting a new topic for, but I'm interested to hear people's guesses as to which party sees more defections from the party consensus in the coming House and Senate votes.

Which will be greater..

the number of Dems who vote NO to impeach (House) and NO to convict (Senate)

- or -

the number of Reps who vote YES to impeach (House) and YES to convict (Senate)

?
Is this a real question? No republicans are voting yes. Some democrats already have voted no

Third term? 
Huckabee (lol @ auto correct switching to huckster) said he was chosen to head up Trump’s 2024 re-election campaign. Given that Trump has tweeted multiple times about remaining President well beyond 2 terms I wouldn’t be shocked if he is being truthful

No, I even said "Whether you believe Trump deserved the scrutiny or not," meaning that it's not about if he deserved it. Merely pointing out that the list provided doesn't dispute the original comment made. Hard to deny that, even if he deserves it, the talk of impeachment was almost immediate, unlike with Obama.
I would argue that with Obama, it was worse. From before his election, his opponents perpetuated the falsity that he wasn't even born in this country and therefore should be disqualified from running, a claim that continued throughout his first term. Among those who pushed this the hardest was our current president. So even if there wasn't serious talk about impeaching Obama from Day One, there was the belief that he was unqualified, from even before he took office.

The press statement from the White House makes no mention of a Senate trial. That and McConnell’s statement indicate whitewash. The Republicans need to be careful here or they risk losing their majority in the Senate. 
Until the voters turn on them at all...they seem to be doing it because they can get away with it...not only without consequence, but it seems to fuel some of their base to support them even more.

:lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread