What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Jim Jordan destroyed the D's.

This sham is exactly why we can never let one party have full control of the house, senate and presidency in the USA circa 2019.

Jim Jordan destroyed the D's.

This sham is exactly why we can never let one party have full control of the house, senate and presidency in the USA circa 2019.
Funny how people can see things differently.  I thought Schiff slayed and Jordan did his typical dance of vagueness and misdirection and only spoke in specifics about things irrelevant to the proceeding.  To each their own.

If you ask someone for something, and their answer is not "yes" or "no" or "maybe" but "I'd like you to do us a favor, though," that means they will give you what you are asking for (or at least are more inclined to give it to you) if you do them the favor. Every human being on earth would interpret it that way. 

If you claim otherwise you aren't being honest. I don't know if you're not being honest with us, or you're not being honest with yourself. But either way you're not being honest.
what did Trump say he'd give ?

he didn't - and in fact, he said he was NOT going to do QPQ and the President of Ukraine said there was never pressure at all

can you be honest with that ?

It's absolutely true.

On July 24th the aid was put on hold. 

On July 25th he asked for a favor. 

Aid was released beginning in September.  

So whether you agree that the release of the aid was conditioned on the favor, he asked for the favor before he released the aid. 

As for the question of quid pro quo, the sequence and timing of events strongly implies that timing - aid is approved, meeting with zelensky is scheduled, aid is put on hold prior to the meeting, trump asks for investigation of Biden, zelensky schedules press conference announcing investigation of Biden, whistleblower report is released, , trump for the first time says the words "no quid pro quo", Trump reiterates that he wants the announcement of the investigation, trump orders release of aid, and then the press conference is canceled.  I asked you for your explanation of those events in the other thread but you didn't answer.  

Trump also had the ability to release documents or allow witnesses to testify in his defense.  Unlike a regular court room, witnesses cannot take the fifth and refuse to answer questions in this congressional inquiry.  They are advised that refusal to answer questions may imply guilt and that Congress is allowed to infer it.  Trump knew this, and he still asked people with direct knowledge of the situation to violate subpoenas and refuse to provide documents. Since Congress is allowed to infer guilt from this, it's also clear that he would prefer the implication of guilt than allowing the testimony and documents he blocked, even when it led to his impeachment.  

Specifically, sondland said there was a quid pro quo. He later said that trump didn't directly speak to him, but the president blocked witnesses from testifying who could have shown that there wasn't (or was) a quid pro quo. 

Since that testimony would clearly have aided trump if he didn't ask for a quid pro quo, Congress is allowed to infer that he didn't allow the testimony because he didn't think it would aid him.  

So it's also true that the evidence shows that there was a quid pro quo. 

Aid is ALWAYS put on hold - did you not know that ?

You are GUESSING that the sequence of events was structured and planned, they could very well have fallen that way regardless AND there was never an investigation was there? Implies, guessing, assumptions .... none of that is impeachable offenses and in fact, none of them are even OFFENSES

All these self-righteous speeches are a colossal waste of time (and money spent preparing them).

The only thing that matters is the evidence.

You are GUESSING that the sequence of events was structured and planned, they could very well have fallen that way regardless AND there was never an investigation was there? Implies, guessing, assumptions .... none of that is impeachable offenses and in fact, none of them are even OFFENSES
Right.  That's why i started the other thread. I find ther evidence compelling, and I'll happily explain at each point what i think happened like i did in the post you quoted.  But I understand that other people feel differently, including you.  I would love to understand what you think happened.  

I'm just asking you to tell me what you believe happened.  Feel free to assume the best case for trump.  For example it sounds like you believe that aid got held up procedurally, nothing to do with trump, right before the July 25th call. Is that correct?  

They think they do. Or they think they think they do.
Or they don't. They only wanted the name of the whistleblower so they could attack his or her credibility, so It's entirely possible that they've just picked someone that they can attack to dare the Democrats/whistleblower to deny it.  

Also, just to be clear, when you say "there was never an investigation", what do you think the impeachment inquiry was?   The Republicans had an opportunity to call fact witnesses, but they chose to call Schiff and the whistleblower instead of Trump or his aides, and trump ordered his people not to appear or provide documents. 

Even if you believe that trump had the right to exert executive privilege across the board, he wasn't required to. He chose to.  

You don't get to cry foul that there wasn't an investigation when they're investigating you and you refuse to cooperate. 

Probably Collin Peterson of Minnesota.  He voted against the inquiry and has been opposed to impeachment the whole way.  

Trump carried his district (western and northwestern Minnesota, mostly rural) in 2016 by at least 20 points.
He also crafted some legislation with Steve King...lol.  That should tell you a lot.

How does this country move on after Trump be it next year or in 5?  The partisan-ism has grown so thick and dense I really don’t see how the 2 sides come back to the middle and work together.  I’m far more concerned about this then what ever Trump does while in office.  

How does this country move on after Trump be it next year or in 5?  The partisan-ism has grown so thick and dense I really don’t see how the 2 sides come back to the middle and work together.  I’m far more concerned about this then what ever Trump does while in office.  
When the public votes more Independents into office. 

Remove their power and they will fall in line.

I think we've given too much voice, publicity and newsprint space to the vocal and extreme minority groups on both sides who have been pushing both sides away from the middle.

We need to cut those groups out like a cancerous growth - because that is what they are.  Only then can the healing begin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread