What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

why can't Bolton sit down with, say, 60 Minutes for a nice, long, tell-all interview?
He wants to seem like he has no choice to save face with the GOP base. First it was that he was gonna wait for the lawsuit to be settled now it’s waiting for the Senate to subpoena him. I do think he wants to tell his story and damage Trump. I wouldn’t be surprised if in the days leading up to the witness vote he drops some clues of what new information he might offer.

Serious question:   Do you think there is any, even one, Trump supporter in the entire country that cares if Trump is guilty of what he is being impeached for?
Of course there are. Not going to be a big number but I would imagine some. 

There aren’t enough Trump supporters in this country to elect him. For that he’s going to need independents and former Obama supporters in the battleground states to vote for him again. 

Wouldn’t it take just one patriotic mole to release implicating material from the WH to the Senate (or the world)? With the size of our bloated government, there must be at least one person willing to fall on his sword. I bet that’ll be in the next episode before the season finale. 
This already happened. It’s what the whistleblower’s report was.

And the best part is that it won't be under oath so he can say whatever the hell he wants.
True.  But it's no coincidence that most blue voters are from places like New York City, Los Angeles, etc.  That's where the high paying jobs are. Where the money is. He could fabricate his story to make Trump seem less-horrible, but what target audience is he shooting for?  Sure, he's not under oath and can say whatever he wants, but if he really wants to get rich, tell the truth and open sales to the people who are going to spend the money to read the true story.   Donald Jr needed major help from the RNC to make it seem like anyone bought his book.

True.  But it's no coincidence that most blue voters are from places like New York City, Los Angeles, etc.  That's where the high paying jobs are. Where the money is. He could fabricate his story to make Trump seem less-horrible, but what target audience is he shooting for?  Sure, he's not under oath and can say whatever he wants, but if he really wants to get rich, tell the truth and open sales to the people who are going to spend the money to read the true story.   Donald Jr needed major help from the RNC to make it seem like anyone bought his book.
Or he could tell the truth or make it even sound worse for the President.   Without having to testify under oath he is free to do whatever he wants, whether it is to sell books, get revenge, settle a score, etc.   

The GOP is morally bankrupt.  Without question.

Been that way for decades. Trump isn't the root problem, he's just a very malignant symptom.
For the most part I agree but even though some may not agree with their policy former Senators McCain,  Flake, and Senator Romney and former Governor Kasich seem sincere to me but they are outcast for the most part by current Republicans 

Current Line: 

How Many Senate Republicans Vote To Remove Trump From Office?

UNDER 1.5 -300
OVER 1.5 +200

Looks like Vegas is expecting zero or one Republican to cross the aisle here. 

Removal from office is currently -4000... Bet $400 to win 10. 

Current Line: 

UNDER 1.5 -300
OVER 1.5 +200

I wouldn't be surprised if Mconnell allows a few vulnerable senators to vote for removal. Even if 6 or 7 vote that way, it won't even be close to removing Trump from office. 

Current Line: 

UNDER 1.5 -300
OVER 1.5 +200

And completely expected - at least by me. I'm just glad to get all those Republican Senators on record, especially those in tight races. Let their constituents decide if they're happy with the way their Senators acted and let history judge them accordingly.

He wants to seem like he has no choice to save face with the GOP base. First it was that he was gonna wait for the lawsuit to be settled now it’s waiting for the Senate to subpoena him. I do think he wants to tell his story and damage Trump. I wouldn’t be surprised if in the days leading up to the witness vote he drops some clues of what new information he might offer.
Unsure. But he's crazy hawkish and would never appeal to the other side. He'll have to decide to kill his political future with the current iteration of the Republican party or hope the next iteration forgives him for dealing out testimony that undercuts the trump Presidency.

What’s this statement Schiff is referencing about “Ukraine throwing it back in our face”?  Supposedly something along the lines of “you mean like the investigations into Biden and Burisma you want”

For the most part I agree but even though some may not agree with their policy former Senators McCain,  Flake, and Senator Romney and former Governor Kasich seem sincere to me but they are outcast for the most part by current Republicans 
Not as outcast as they would be if they actually followed a moral compass, rather than talking about it

I remember when the Trump supporters in here were pushing the hearsay excuse 
The transition from "the call was perfect" to "that thing he did isn't impeachable" has been mesmerising to watch.  One has to appreciate the rug being pulled out from apologists/supporters feet by their own at every turn.

The transition from "the call was perfect" to "that thing he did isn't impeachable" has been mesmerising to watch.  One has to appreciate the rug being pulled out from apologists/supporters feet by their own at every turn.
It is curious to see how they contradict themselves almost within the same sentence in an effort to deflect this back somehow, and constantly failing in that effort.

I wonder if they'll just dispense with shucking and jiving other excuses and jump straight to "whatever he did was o.k./not a big deal" for all future Trump improprieties from now on. Save us all some time. If we're going to have grotesque corruption and crime at the highest levels of government, let's at least make it efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schiff: “Trump said, before I give the Ukraine my money...except it’s not his money. It’s the American taxpayers money.” 

Schiff is doing excellent. Now he’s going over Trump’s various explanations and exposing them as lies. 

What's happening right now is suppressing evidence. Just on the point, there isn't a trial in history anywhere in the US or common or civil law systems (UK, France etc, not just the US) where 'new evidence' is excluded because its "new". Doesn't exist, it's not a thing, not even in the very limited history of impeachment (19 impeachment trials in US history).
They’re not suppressing evidence.  They voted to keep their rules and to vote on witnesses after hearing the House’s case and the defense.

The House ran their own partisan show and then barges in the Senate demanding their way once again.

They’re not suppressing evidence.  They voted to keep their rules and to vote on witnesses after hearing the House’s case and the defense.

The House ran their own partisan show and then barges in the Senate demanding their way once again.
This argument will not fly with the public. Bolton knows what happened. Why are they keeping Bolton from testifying? Your answer won’t satisfy anyone. 

I wonder if they'll just dispense with shucking and jiving other excuses and jump straight to "whatever he did was o.k./not a big deal" for all future Trump improprieties from now on. Save us all some time. If we're going to have grotesque corruption and crime at the highest levels of government, let's at least make it efficient.
This is the best card they have left.  In any other time in our history, it would give everyone pause.  Today?  Full steam ahead baby!!! :drive:  

Users who are viewing this thread