What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Man, you're just going for it all. 

Taxes!  University!  Trump Foundation!  Orang man Bad! 
You do t think he ripped people off with the trump uni scam?  

for real?

serious question: would you trust a guy who took your tuition money for a fake university?   How is that not relevant?

My bad. I thought you were a trump guy. 
Hey man, I love you.  I get this a lot. I siad a few posts ago that Biil Maher was my favorite Democrat. The problem with the Dems is they are not critical of themselves, especially in this forum. Bill is.  Let's get real. What's next?

Sorry. Post not clear.  I’m a #### typer.  

my point was that if trump was really withholding aid to fight corruption in Ukraine, and not creating a faux narrative against Biden, why has nothing happened since this summer?

maybe I missed it, but I haven’t heard Trump say anything about fighting or defeating Ukrainian corruption.  Before or after the whistle blew, really.  

If you think Trump was advancing Legit US interests there, by withholding half a bil In support aid for an ally fighting a war with Russia, what changed?  Why hasn’t he said anything about it and how important it is?  I mean, he withheld half a billion dollars.  Surely this is something that must be an ongoing and evolving foreign policy issue?  No?
Doesnt matter. But as far as Ukraine aid and sanctions against Russia what Trump has done far exceeds Obama. That's just a fact despite this Biden thing.  The half billion and weapons you are talking about were released to them. But Russia! 

Relavent to impeachment?  
Not strictly on the facts.  He’s SE’s d there too btw. 

but as a citizen and voter, knowing he is a grifter’s grifter, how could you ever give that guy the benefit of the doubt?

the facts are already overwhelming.  John Grisham couldn’t spin a narrative that exonerates Trump on the Ukraine ####. 

Politics aside.   Trump is dead in the water on the Ukraine ####.  If you are okay with it, and justify it politically, then fine.  But own that.  Don’t embarrass yourself by saying he didn’t do it.  We all know he did it.  

It is liberating to say you know he did it but  Liz Warren as prez is worse than stumping for this lying narcissist.  

I get that.  I just wish people would own it.  

Not strictly on the facts.  He’s SE’s d there too btw. 

but as a citizen and voter, knowing he is a grifter’s grifter, how could you ever give that guy the benefit of the doubt?

the facts are already overwhelming.  John Grisham couldn’t spin a narrative that exonerates Trump on the Ukraine ####. 

Politics aside.   Trump is dead in the water on the Ukraine ####.  If you are okay with it, and justify it politically, then fine.  But own that.  Don’t embarrass yourself by saying he didn’t do it.  We all know he did it.  

It is liberating to say you know he did it but  Liz Warren as prez is worse than stumping for this lying narcissist.  

I get that.  I just wish people would own it.  
So if people would just say Trump is worse than Warren then you could sleep well in Canada tonight?  No. Healthcare for all would bankrupt the US. 

Hey man, I love you.  I get this a lot. I siad a few posts ago that Biil Maher was my favorite Democrat. The problem with the Dems is they are not critical of themselves, especially in this forum. Bill is.  Let's get real. What's next?
I know you won’t believe this, but I am conservative.  As conservative as a Canadian can be, really.  I get taxed a #### ton.  And I think government is inherently wasteful.  

But I believe there is a baseline for what our leaders should be.  

I know you won’t believe this, but I am conservative.  As conservative as a Canadian can be, really.  I get taxed a #### ton.  And I think government is inherently wasteful.  

But I believe there is a baseline for what our leaders should be.  
Ah yes, the morality argument. I get it. Let me point out that 3 or 4 of the 10 commandments arent even illegal. And our government spending is much worse. But at least if we are talking about the issues now we aren't waisting time on the faux impeachment thing. 

Ah yes, the morality argument. I get it. Let me point out that 3 or 4 of the 10 commandments arent even illegal. And our government spending is much worse. But at least if we are talking about the issues now we aren't waisting time on the faux impeachment thing. 
I just couldn’t support a guy who put his own political interests above my country’s.  

even if I agreed with his  policies.  It’s thug bull####.  

HFS.  I'm watching reruns and Pelosi was on Maher last week. 

Shes a mess.  She actually believed Repub Senators were going to jump on board with her. 

Bill said it was Charlie Brown and the football. 

Pelosi is Charlie Brown and she missed the football and fell on her back. Again. 

Wow. 

What harm, specifically,  has come from this?  
I know what you’re saying.  Where is the tangible harm? Look at the Dow!

This guy is a snake oil salesman.  Always has been.  The “harm” is the erosion of American idealism and , as Tim would say, American exceptionalism.  

i know that sounds like puffery, but it is a real thing.  The world is not a better place with an American leader like Trump.  

We’ll survive, and America will still be the greatest country on earth.  But Trump makes it less so.  Fundamentally.  

I know what you’re saying.  Where is the tangible harm? Look at the Dow!

This guy is a snake oil salesman.  Always has been.  The “harm” is the erosion of American idealism and , as Tim would say, American exceptionalism.  

i know that sounds like puffery, but it is a real thing.  The world is not a better place with an American leader like Trump.  

We’ll survive, and America will still be the greatest country on earth.  But Trump makes it less so.  Fundamentally.  
Link to your claim?  TIA. Unless this is just your opinion. 

ETA: I was hoping for some specific examples,  like I said. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Shes a mess.  She actually believed Repub Senators were going to jump on board with her. 

Pelosi is Charlie Brown and she missed the football and fell on her back. Again. 

Wow. 
Yang on in the same episode.  Talking common sense. Wow, what could have been.  

What harm, specifically,  has come from this?  

At least 13 Ukrainian soldiers were killed while President Donald Trump's administration was withholding military aid from the country from mid-July to mid-September.

The men, aged from 20 to 45, are among at least 78 Ukrainian soldiers killed in action up to mid-September this year in the east of the country, according to various local media and Ukrainian government reports.

It is impossible to say whether timely delivery of American aid would have helped any individual soldier. But their deaths are a potent reminder that while the Trump administration was wrangling over military assistance, Kiev was—and remains—locked in a deadly struggle with its Russian-backed separatist adversaries.

Link

At least 13 Ukrainian soldiers were killed while President Donald Trump's administration was withholding military aid from the country from mid-July to mid-September.

The men, aged from 20 to 45, are among at least 78 Ukrainian soldiers killed in action up to mid-September this year in the east of the country, according to various local media and Ukrainian government reports.

It is impossible to say whether timely delivery of American aid would have helped any individual soldier. But their deaths are a potent reminder that while the Trump administration was wrangling over military assistance, Kiev was—and remains—locked in a deadly struggle with its Russian-backed separatist adversaries.

Link

The New York Times editorial board reported last March, “The Obama administration estimated that over its two terms drone strikes had killed between 64 and 116 civilians in 542 airstrikes outside the major war zones.” Other experts calculated the civilian death toll closer to 324.

The New York Times editorial board reported last March, “The Obama administration estimated that over its two terms drone strikes had killed between 64 and 116 civilians in 542 airstrikes outside the major war zones.” Other experts calculated the civilian death toll closer to 324.
President Donald Trump, on March 6, 2019, signed an executive order revoking the requirement that U.S. intelligence officials publicly report the number of civilians killed in Counter-Terrorism missions in Areas Outside of Active Hostilities. It's worth noting, however, civilian casualties by global US operations are still reported and made public, persaunt to Section 1057of the National Defense Authorisation Act of 2018.[23] The Trump administration had previously ignored a May 2018 deadline for an annual accounting of civilian and enemy casualties required under Executive Order 13732[24] signed in 2016 by Barack Obama.[25][26]

dont know why you posted those Obama stats. I responded to “what harm has the president caused” by reminding that there is a war going on in Ukraine and people are dying, and they are a strategic ally.

Ill add that I don’t doubt the numbers here or anything, and I think we should have a conversation about powers granted the president after 9-11. 
Ive also never served in the military and hope to leave that to the experts, and would hope that our experts are held accountable when necessary. 

Yet here you are arguing trying to defend the side that's going to lose the trial. Weird.  I'd take a break and relax that ulser, play video games or something but, that's just me. 
Because I dont believe in wins and losses. I believe in right and wrong. If more people did then we wouldn't be the divided nation that we are. 

We’ll survive, and America will still be the greatest country on earth. 
This is an assumption in your part and I disagree with you. In fact, our position has already degraded with China rising to take that mantle and, for pessimists like me, even our survival as a democracy is in jeopardy. I don’t think we can overestimate the fundamental damage being done. And to be clear, I blame the GOP as much as Trump. He is the petulant teenager: they are the adults that are enabling him.

I’m beginning to wonder if a single Republican will vote for witnesses. Perhaps none now? 
It was a bonafide, 10000000% guarantee that they wouldn't be doing this.  You MIGHT get Collins to flip the switch now, but none of the others were ever going to.  Observe actions and ignore the words Tim.  It will better serve you moving forward.

Wow. 
The wow is that you completely misunderstood both Pelosi and Maher. Pelosi stated what she thinks should happen and of course she’s right. But she knows what will happen. Maher is a cynic but he knows the impeachment result, not necessarily the acquittal but no witnesses, is going to lead to Trump’s demise. Oh and please don’t post that dumb “link to your claim” line again; it’s tired. This whole post is my ####### opinion. 

It was a bonafide, 10000000% guarantee that they wouldn't be doing this.  You MIGHT get Collins to flip the switch now, but none of the others were ever going to.  Observe actions and ignore the words Tim.  It will better serve you moving forward.
If you read my posts I predicted this from the start. I knew they could never allow Bolton in particular to testify. But I did figure they’d allow a few like Collins and Romney to go the other way for show. Doesn’t look like it now. 

But I also stand by what I wrote last night: once they vote down witnesses it’s all anybody is ever going to remember about this impeachment trial. And it’s going to haunt Trump for the rest of his life: he was impeached, the system was rigged, he got away with it.

Trump = OJ 

So despite the outcome being predictable, there are some fascinating questions we have yet to find out the answers to (though we will start to know in a few hours): 

1. How much with the defense team attack the Bidens? Many Republican Senators have said they really don’t want this (even Lindsay Graham.) But it’s apparent that Trump does. 

2. If they go after the Bidens, how will that affect Biden’s chances in the nomination? In the general, if he is the nominee?

3. How will Dershowitz’s “The President can do anything so long as there’s no written law against it” argument fly with the public? 

President Donald Trump, on March 6, 2019, signed an executive order revoking the requirement that U.S. intelligence officials publicly report the number of civilians killed in Counter-Terrorism missions in Areas Outside of Active Hostilities. It's worth noting, however, civilian casualties by global US operations are still reported and made public, persaunt to Section 1057of the National Defense Authorisation Act of 2018.[23] The Trump administration had previously ignored a May 2018 deadline for an annual accounting of civilian and enemy casualties required under Executive Order 13732[24] signed in 2016 by Barack Obama.[25][26]

dont know why you posted those Obama stats. I responded to “what harm has the president caused” by reminding that there is a war going on in Ukraine and people are dying, and they are a strategic ally.

Ill add that I don’t doubt the numbers here or anything, and I think we should have a conversation about powers granted the president after 9-11. 
Ive also never served in the military and hope to leave that to the experts, and would hope that our experts are held accountable when necessary. 
If the justification for impeachment is because a few people died then we should impeach every president and congressman that ever held office.

If you read my posts I predicted this from the start. I knew they could never allow Bolton in particular to testify. But I did figure they’d allow a few like Collins and Romney to go the other way for show. Doesn’t look like it now. 

But I also stand by what I wrote last night: once they vote down witnesses it’s all anybody is ever going to remember about this impeachment trial. And it’s going to haunt Trump for the rest of his life: he was impeached, the system was rigged, he got away with it.

Trump = OJ 
This may be true.  I think the only time he'll ever think about it is when he's out in the media (we know he'll never take a back seat to any President ever again) and people bring it up.  He'll lash out every time.  In his mind he'll know that he got away with it and he'll be proud of that fact.  I wouldn't be shocked if he actually confesses such things in an interview after he's out of office honestly.  History does a good job of melting away the emotion.  When all this is done and history reflects, it will show the clear path our politicians have put us on.  First, it was ok that a politician could lie under oath.  Now it's ok for a politician to abuse his/her power/office.  Those are the precedents that will have been set by the end of this fiasco.  We are clearly on the wrong track and it appears only the electorate cares to do the right thing.

If the justification for impeachment is because a few people died then we should impeach every president and congressman that ever held office.
There's also the whole "abuse of power by withholding aid that was already released by Congress in order to get dirt on a political opponent" justification, too.

This may be true.  I think the only time he'll ever think about it is when he's out in the media (we know he'll never take a back seat to any President ever again) and people bring it up.  He'll lash out every time.  In his mind he'll know that he got away with it and he'll be proud of that fact.  I wouldn't be shocked if he actually confesses such things in an interview after he's out of office honestly.  History does a good job of melting away the emotion.  When all this is done and history reflects, it will show the clear path our politicians have put us on.  First, it was ok that a politician could lie under oath.  Now it's ok for a politician to abuse his/her power/office.  Those are the precedents that will have been set by the end of this fiasco.  We are clearly on the wrong track and it appears only the electorate cares to do the right thing.
That remains to be seen.  I'm not convinced.

That remains to be seen.  I'm not convinced.
good point....the popular vote and turnout in November will tell us what we need to know for sure.  When I made that comment, I was thinking primarily of the 2018 midterms and the demographics we observed there.  If that continues I will be convinced.

Trump = OJ 
Time will tell, of course, but I have a hunch (and a hope) that the closing 20 minutes or so of Schiff’s speech on night two will be remembered. 

It isnt faux...the man was impeached and for the actions he did.

So despite the outcome being predictable, there are some fascinating questions we have yet to find out the answers to (though we will start to know in a few hours): 

1. How much with the defense team attack the Bidens? Many Republican Senators have said they really don’t want this (even Lindsay Graham.) But it’s apparent that Trump does. 

2. If they go after the Bidens, how will that affect Biden’s chances in the nomination? In the general, if he is the nominee?

3. How will Dershowitz’s “The President can do anything so long as there’s no written law against it” argument fly with the public? 
Not sure about about Graham not wanting them to attack the Bidens...I am hearing this morning he wants them to go after the Bidens. The defense is going to have credibility issues as they had some monster lies in their opening statements. Why did they say that Republicans were not allowed in the Skiff? Anybody  smarter than a doorknob knows that’s not true. And if they attack the Bidens without credible sources that will only strengthen support for Biden. They better not go after Vindman, Taylor, Yavanovich, either. Nothing turned me off more to Trump than his attack on Mueller.

good point....the popular vote and turnout in November will tell us what we need to know for sure.  When I made that comment, I was thinking primarily of the 2018 midterms and the demographics we observed there.  If that continues I will be convinced.
You know I’m pretty confident that Trump and the Republicans will be punished for this in November. But if it doesn’t happen, if Trump gets re-elected, that doesn’t really matter either. In the end he’ll still be a pariah. 

Trumpism (corrupt white populism) is a passing phase. Demographics are dooming this current Republican Party. Trump represents a last defiant gasp, and it may last the next 5 years- I doubt it but it may. Beyond that it’s done. The main conflict in this country in years to come will be between centrist Democrats and progressive Democrats, with the winner in charge. The Republican Party will be regional and impotent in terms of national politics. 

Rania Khalek @RaniaKhalek

This exceptionalism is unbelievably delusional. America locks up more people than any other country, tend of thousands die every year due to lack of health insurance, billionaires own our politicians & media and we prop up dictators all over the place. What is this guy smoking?

The US snatches babies from their parents and puts them in cages. You think people around the world see that as inspiration for freedom and the rule of law? Lol

Do politicians like Schiff actually believe the nonsense they spew?

Lol according to what is being reported now not only have the Republicans decided against no witnesses and no evidence, but they’re leaning towards having the the final debate (regarding voting on the articles) behind closed doors. So that they can simply vote to acquit without having to offer any public justification of said vote. 

Rania Khalek @RaniaKhalek

This exceptionalism is unbelievably delusional. America locks up more people than any other country, tend of thousands die every year due to lack of health insurance, billionaires own our politicians & media and we prop up dictators all over the place. What is this guy smoking?

The US snatches babies from their parents and puts them in cages. You think people around the world see that as inspiration for freedom and the rule of law? Lol

Do politicians like Schiff actually believe the nonsense they spew?
  I think so yes. I certainly do. 

One of the features of people who use compromising material is that they are comfortable with others having compromising material on them. This is the second time Trump has been taped while criming. It already happened with Cohen. Who knows what Giuliani, Parnas and Fruman have on this. It's in the hands of the SDNY, who also handled the Cohen case.

Audio tape emerges from back in April of 2018 of Trump , Parnas, and others discussing removing the Ambassador of Ukraine. The issue is not so much the about vulgarity, or Trump saying “take her out”. It is the insistence that Trump says he doesn’t know Parnas. Darn it it has to be hard to support this pathological liar. How do you guys do that?

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/listen-abc-news-releases-audio-from-reported-trump-dinner-talking-yovanovitch-with-parnas-fruman/
Also - why is he telling Lev Parnas to fire an ambassador?

We need to be asking ourselves what we can be doing better to convince more voters that the president is not fit for re-election because right now we're not getting through to enough of them.

House managers deliver carts full of documents (28,000) to the Senate trial just before White House lawyers defend the the President. Making the point we have documents to prove our case,  where are yours?

You may call it bad faith but it's still not obstruction.  Going to the courts to settle your matter is literally the opposite of obstruction.

That's why we have the courts. 
Not in this case. Congressional subpoenas are valid and enforceable on their face.  Refusing to abide by them without even citing a legal reason is obstruction of Congress. 

Users who are viewing this thread