What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

They had a special  council.  Mueller.

They have acting special council schiff.  So let him act.

If the house held an actual  house vote they might not have never started impeachment.

Lotsa new stuff.
Mueller has nothing to do with the impeachment trial. Schiff is not “acting special counsel” because that’s not a thing. 
And from where I’m sitting the house has not never started impeachment. 

"Health insurance, rip-off lying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes, run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses!"

- Bernie Sanders in Dubuque, Iowa on Jan 7, 2020
Santayana goodbye! Bernie started the fire, it was always berning since the world was turning....

As we sit here on the eve of what is all but a fait accompli regarding shutting down a “trial” that never actually started, I’m reminded of all the doomsday prophecies that were offered up as soon as Trump shocked the world in November 2016.  

Most of those predictions can be effectively reduced to some version of a coming storm of authoritarianism.  As someone who has studied political science, philosophy and law, I dismissed these fears as fantastical;  America is the foundational modern western democratic model that has always served as a lighthouse to both established and aspiring democracies, in whatever form.  For all of her geo-political faults and missteps, America as a domestic enterprise has always been the gold standard, especially when one considers the size of the population the system governs. 

But those fantastical predictions I dismissed are now very real.  Trump has effectively neutered one of the co-equal branches of government in the American Presidential system and reduced its masters to loyal lords in his new Kingdom.  The rule of law has been cast aside in favour of the cultivation and maintenance of power.  

If you told me back in November 2016 what would be happening tomorrow I would have laughed and suggested you need to lay off the Michael Moore documentaries.  

When the senate votes tomorrow to flush this “trial” down the drain, America will find itself charting a new course.  A course that will only embolden corruption and diminish the rule of law more and more.  

crazy, crazy times.   

As we sit here on the eve of what is all but a fait accompli regarding shutting down a “trial” that never actually started, I’m reminded of all the doomsday prophecies that were offered up as soon as Trump shocked the world in November 2016.  

Most of those predictions can be effectively reduced to some version of a coming storm of authoritarianism.  As someone who has studied political science, philosophy and law, I dismissed these fears as fantastical;  America is the foundational modern western democratic model that has always served as a lighthouse to both established and aspiring democracies, in whatever form.  For all of her geo-political faults and missteps, America as a domestic enterprise has always been the gold standard, especially when one considers the size of the population the system governs. 

But those fantastical predictions I dismissed are now very real.  Trump has effectively neutered one of the co-equal branches of government in the American Presidential system and reduced its masters to loyal lords in his new Kingdom.  The rule of law has been cast aside in favour of the cultivation and maintenance of power.  

If you told me back in November 2016 what would be happening tomorrow I would have laughed and suggested you need to lay off the Michael Moore documentaries.  

When the senate votes tomorrow to flush this “trial” down the drain, America will find itself charting a new course.  A course that will only embolden corruption and diminish the rule of law more and more.  

crazy, crazy times.   
Good post, totally agree except for the “didn’t know in 2016” part. It’s always been apparent to me that this was a last gasp power grab, otherwise how could anyone reasonable support Trump? He was a convenient tool with built in brand recognition and appeal to...those people. Now authoritarian white minority rule will become entrenched. They have the courts, add voter suppression and state propaganda and, well, things are grim. We’ve learned what this country is about.

"Health insurance, rip-off lying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes, run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses!"

- Bernie Sanders in Dubuque, Iowa on Jan 7, 2020
Or the New Radicals...

I thought this was Nicki at the beginning of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but I was wrong. 

I’d like to be, unfortunately I’ve run some preliminary numbers and I’m getting hosed again.  These “tax cuts” have kicked my ###.  
I was talking about my body. I'm totally tight and rewarding but at a price to my joints. Too much zumba. Might have to go back to law school. Judging by Trump's representation it's pretty easy. 

Also the "tax cuts" killed me too. :(

Dems would be smart to make "anarchy" a buzz word going forward.  The Republicans are anarchists.  The Senate has bowed to Trump and they believe he is above the law.  Without the rule of law it will be anarchy.

How do you tell working class people not to lie, cheat and steal when the Republicans in Senate will not even admit Trump did anything wrong let alone impeachable.  They could say what Trump did was inappropriate but not impeachable.  We will use our oversight to make sure he doesn't make that mistake again.   These Senators are not starving.  They hold their money and power so dear that they can't even admit just a hint of wrongdoing.  They can't risk it.  They will lie, cheat and steal to keep theirs.  Your integrity should not be for sale.  Theirs?  We are talking big money and power here people.  Plus they where suits.  For some reason that makes it palatable.  Do as they say not as they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread