What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (12 Viewers)

So Collins and Murkowski get the up votes, Lamar falls on his sword. The rest of the GOP senators tuck away their gelatinous backbones in a fanny pack, marching off to their next term like the spineless amoebas they are. Will someone ban me already. I’ve had enough. 

Keen analysis of McConnell's machinations: putting the focus and "blame" on Senator Alexander might lighten the kneejerk reaction to other Senators, namely Gardner and Tillis.

Will there be one Democrat who can admit this is no where close to impeachable or will 100 percent of them toe the Democrat line and all fall into lockstep?  

Last edited by a moderator:
You basically just described the Democrats in 2015-2016.

Bot armies attempting to control social media: see Correct the Record

Funding through back channels: see Clinton Foundation, Joe/Hunter Biden, pedophile recently arrested who illegally funded Clinton, others

Stole and shared all kinds of intel: see FusionGPS, Steele (and his, get this, Russian sources), the FBI and their illegal FISAs (according to IG and DOJ),  and the media who leaked the unverified piss dossier and illegal surveillance of a political opponent

And cracked voting machines: see GA, MI, PA, and maybe VA (can't remember the last one)

Hopefully sooner than later you guys wake up and realize that everything you accuse Trump of doing is just projection and cover up by the guilty parties.
Wow...how many ways can you prove his point about bots and propaganda in one post?  I mean seriously?

I didn’t realize that a) there is no provision for Roberts to cast tie breaking votes and b) a 50/50 vote fails because it didn’t get a majority. So Murkowski’s Hamlet act is ultimately irrelevant. 

I agree that Alexander is serving as a deflector shield for Gardner, Tillis and McSally

I didn’t realize that a) there is no provision for Roberts to cast tie breaking votes and b) a 50/50 vote fails because it didn’t get a majority. So Murkowski’s Hamlet act is ultimately irrelevant. 
This is thought to be true but not everyone agrees. 

I am incredibly proud of the work Adam Schiff and the House staff have done preparing for and arguing the impeachment trial. I find it vitally important for Democrats to fight for what is just and right, even against insurmountable odds.

They fought with passion and virtue, and my head will be held high, regardless of the ultimate outcome.

Tomorrow, Republicans will go on record with a vote about whether or not they want to hear more about corruption in the White House.

Take note of what your senators do, and vote accordingly when their terms mature. Do not take this lightly - our Democracy is at stake.

The world is watching. Our children are watching. How will you be remembered in this time of crises?

I know, but I can’t imagine Roberts injecting himself into the debate this way. Him sitting out the vote aligns perfectly with his desire not to make waves in this trial
Him sitting out the vote is in line with his tack as a non-activist judge that gives wide berth to precedent and Congressional primacy over the judiciary, likely even adopting their prudential rules for sitting justices during impeachment hearings. 

I, for one, did not consider this to rise to the level of impeachment, but it turned out to quite be so, and a new precedent was set at trial that is just utterly foul legally. My two cents. 

Does anyone remember that ‘90s movie “In the Company of Men”? The GOP’s actions over the last week remind me of Aaron Eckhart’s big reveal in the final scene. Everything that’s happened up to that point has telegraphed his moral depravity, but it still manages to be shocking to see it fully exposed 

Him sitting out the vote is in line with his tack as a non-activist judge that gives wide berth to precedent and Congressional primacy over the judiciary, likely even adopting their prudential rules for sitting justices during impeachment hearings. 
And many of us who want witnesses would not blame Roberts for not doing it. It’s not his job to save the Senate from themselves. 

Fair enough. Honestly, there’s a lot to get outraged over right now, so I’m not going to waste my mental energy on a procedural question that is murky at best and won’t affect the ultimate outcome.

What changed your mind?
The leveraging of state power mandated or given by another branch of government to the President and subsequently used for his personal gain might put the country in a very compromised position regarding foreign policy.

Basically, that the quid pro quo, despite what Dershowitz said, was indeed a private and not public interest.

Simple as that. 

Is anyone really surprised? It’s really no different then with the Clinton impeachment proceedings. With limited exceptions, parties will vote along party lines regardless of the evidence that is presented. 

The reaction is only starting to come in. I think Republicans have NO idea about the tsunami of bad opinion that’s about to hit then and last all through the election. 

One thing I didn’t consider- this may really help Bernie Sanders. Not because of the whole fake Biden charisma thing, but because when voters are angry they choose the most partisan candidate and in this case this probably Bernie. 

And if it is Bernie maybe he’ll win anyhow because I honestly think Democrats are going to win nearly everything in November:

The reaction is only starting to come in. I think Republicans have NO idea about the tsunami of bad opinion that’s about to hit then and last all through the election. 

One thing I didn’t consider- this may really help Bernie Sanders. Not because of the whole fake Biden charisma thing, but because when voters are angry they choose the most partisan candidate and in this case this probably Bernie. 

And if it is Bernie maybe he’ll win anyhow because I honestly think Democrats are going to win nearly everything in November:
If this were a year ago, the Republicans would take very little hit from this. It isn’t a year ago. 

If what’s going to happen happens, the Senate is in play.  Which is crazy. 

So you think there is no public interest in exposing and eliminating corruption? 

Specifically, Joe Biden withholding a billion dollars in aid to interfere with prosecution of a corrupt company (bipartisan agreed) that was paying his son millions of dollars?

Bribery, quid pro quo, foreign interference were all present.

Do you think Americans would have zero interest in that?
Your second paragraph is just false. Just flat out false. There was no interference with any prosecution of anything.  It didn’t happen. It’s a blatant lie. There is no evidence whatsoever that it did. Congress agreed with him. The whole world agreed with him. That prosecutor was the corruption. He buried the case. Which is why he was being targeted for removal by Congress, the White House, and the international community. 

I really want to believe Tim is right. In normal times I would completely agree with his thoughts on the coming 'tsunami'.

These are not normal times. Precedent will be set. As long as the President has Senate majority,  that party can do virtually anything as long as POTUS "believes" it's in the "best interest of the nation." 

We'll have had four years of Trumpism wherein bad actors the world over will have vastly improved their election tampering techniques. Four years with a Senate that sat on their dead, besuited ###es and did LITERALLY NOTHING to enhance the security of our already ridiculously vulnerable election process. To expect anything other than widespread malfeasance in November beggars belief IMO. The GOP has carte blanche to do WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT.

I believe we are wholly and totally ####ed.

As an aside, I appreciate @Bozeman Bruiser and his thoughtful posts tonight.  He is obviously a patriot who believes in doing the right thing, even if I categorically disagree with pretty much everything he posts. It's too bad good people are getting duped. 

Maybe we'll all get lucky and in reality we anti-Trumpers are the ones being duped. Fingers crossed. 

The good news in all of this is while we knew the Senate was 53 spines short of a full set, it falls to the American people to do what they refuse to do. Par for the course, I suppose, if you want something done right, do it yourself. That being said, this makes voting at the national level considerably easier for this independent voter.

I don’t have a major issue with Alexander’s statement because he admitted Trump’s wrongdoing. That’s more than we’ll see from the vast majority of Republicans. 

I disagree with his opinion about it rising to the level of impeachment and a few other details but I never expected Trump to be thrown out in the first place.

Will there be one Democrat who can admit this is no where close to impeachable or will 100 percent of them toe the Democrat line and all fall into lockstep?  
Your question assumes the Democrats don’t believe it was impeachable and are lying for political purposes.  You’re wrong on this. 

Users who are viewing this thread