What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (13 Viewers)

I suppose we couldn’t just have one manager from each side provide the closing arguments. They’re repeating the case they have repeated a out  a dozen time already. We still get to hear from every senator and have them repeat the case for/against.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s worse than that. Impeachment of Trump was based on things he undoubtedly did. What Ernst is showing here is that the GOP will rally around false charges to persecute political rivals, and that they will validate Trump’s meddling to begin with by amplifying the lies he tried to get Ukraine to fall in line with. 

The GOP is reckless and authoritarian, and at the core big fat liars.
But to be fair, we've known that for over 20 years.

So knowing that Trump gets let off the hook on Wednesday, what's his next play on Thursday?  Last time (Mueller report, next day was Ukraine call).  Anyone been watching Fox News lately, is there a new conspiracy theory for him to jump to?

The best punishment we could all give him is to just stop talking about him.

True to an extent. But over the course of the nation's history, regardless of party nomenclature of the times, it's been a right wing thing. The American right wing has obstructed the advance of progress and justice for the duration of our history.
Oh cmon.

The "Right Wing" has created the most powerful economic force on the planet and has brought stability to the world while bringing a quality of life no other country our size enjoys...so there's that.

Oh cmon.

The "Right Wing" has created the most powerful economic force on the planet and has brought stability to the world...so there's that.
Globalization brought stability to the world, and the current "right wing" is looking to undo that.

while bringing a quality of life no other country our size enjoys
Nice qualifier.  The list of countries with 150m - 600m inhabitants is quite small.  Only 2 have been independent for over 100 years.

United States, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, Nigeria, Bangladesh

you truly believe Republicans want to destabilize the world?   That's your take?
Do you think that breaking up the EU, ripping up treaties, talking crap about allies, and pandering to dictators are leading to more stability in the world?  That's your take?

I think Trump is being selfish, and Republicans can't bend over fast enough to support him if it means they get to keep their jobs.  I don't think they give two hoots about global stability any more.  Convince me otherwise.

Oh cmon.

The "Right Wing" has created the most powerful economic force on the planet and has brought stability to the world while bringing a quality of life no other country our size enjoys...so there's that.
You...do realize how many average citizens are suffering in this utopia right? 

you truly believe Republicans want to destabilize the world?   That's your take?
I don't believe Republicans want to destabilize the world. However, I do think they are ignorant enough to not recognize what mechanisms provide stabilization and are selfish enough to want those mechanisms restrained in order to make a quick buck.  I think Republicans will bite the hand that feeds them.

I wonder if any of these GOP Senators are sitting there and feeling any shame.
I think they've shown they know no shame, but you can bet they're praying that Trump and Barr are successful in making sure Bolton's book never sees the light of day and he is warned that his information is classified information and if he grants interviews, he'll be jailed. Sound extreme? Almost like a country with a dictator?  Just watch

That's the first time I've seen someone misspell "cheaters" that badly. No matter, Trump's actions will come back to bite him eventually.
The Patriots, Astros, and Red Sox didn't have to give back their trophies.  Cheaters win sometimes, maybe more nowadays than they used to.

I think they've shown they know no shame, but you can bet they're praying that Trump and Barr are successful in making sure Bolton's book never sees the light of day and he is warned that his information is classified information and if he grants interviews, he'll be jailed. Sound extreme? Almost like a country with a dictator?  Just watch
I think squelching what's in Bolton's book is already in progress. Under the ostensible grounds that there is information vital to the country's security in there. This is Bolton's, what, fourth book? Like he doesn't know what he can and cannot say.

Adam Schiff:

If Trump isn't removed he "could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and leave Jared Kushner to run the country, delegating to him the decision whether they go to war." 

Bwahahaha  :lmao: Haaaahaaa :lmao:

Adam Schiff:

If Trump isn't removed he "could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and leave Jared Kushner to run the country, delegating to him the decision whether they go to war." 

The first hypo is literally from Dershowitz’s book. 
Nice

McCarthy was a Republican also. It very much is a GOP thing. 
Who was McCarthy politically targeting?  Who was in office during this?  How did that president feel about the situation. 

Looking back, Eisenhower dealt with so much during his 8 years. Crazy when you compare it to today’s difficulties. 

Adam Schiff:

That's not a straw man. Dershowitz argues that those things are not impeachable offenses because they are not criminal acts.

The Patriots, Astros, and Red Sox didn't have to give back their trophies.  Cheaters win sometimes, maybe more nowadays than they used to.
Interestingly enough Trump's lawyers brought up these cheating teams to compare them to D's cheating impeachment process rules.  I guess ignoring Schiff calling Trump an election cheater.  Maybe cheaters don't always win after all... sigh.

Senator Joe Manchin is offering a censure resolution to be voted on.

This is a challenge for those Republicans, like Alexander and Rubio, who have said that Trump's behavior was inappropriate but that impeachment is too high a punishment. Now let's see if they mean it.

I can't imagine that McConnell wants this to go to the floor. He will do everything he can to avoid a vote on a censure that would force the moderate Republicans to publicly repudiate Trump in any way.

Senator Joe Manchin is offering a censure resolution to be voted on.

This is a challenge for those Republicans, like Alexander and Rubio, who have said that Trump's behavior was inappropriate but that impeachment is too high a punishment. Now let's see if they mean it.
The new goalpost will be "Well, it's bad but it's not censurable..."

Users who are viewing this thread