What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (4 Viewers)

Don't step out of this house if that's the clothes you're gonna wear
I'll kick you out of my home if you don't cut that hair
Your mom busted in and said, what's that noise?
Aw, mom you're just jealous it's the BEASTIE BOYS

You gotta fight for your right to party

Oops, I posted in the movie draft thread. I hope that doesn’t mean I can’t post in this draft thread any more. 

Codeine brain: was that too many negatives?  Not enough?

"Right about now, N.W.A. court is in full effect
Judge Dre presiding
In the case of N.W.A. vs. the Police Department
Prosecuting attorneys are: MC Ren, Ice Cube
And Eazy mothereffin' E"

"Order, order, order
Ice Cube, take the mothereffin' stand
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
And nothin' but the truth so help your black ###?"

"You gosh darn right!"

"Well, won't you tell everybody what the #### you gotta say?"

LOTS OF CODEINE!!

I rode my bike to the pub tonight. Then drank there from 3:30-10:30 and Mrs. NV came and picked me up because she was going to sleep and didn't trust me to get home safely via bike.

I happily took the ride but I was very willing to crash my bike on the way home and call for a ride anyway :shrug:
Bike accidents can wind up really causing some damage. Glad she came and picked you up. 

I rode my bike to the pub tonight. Then drank there from 3:30-10:30 and Mrs. NV came and picked me up because she was going to sleep and didn't trust me to get home safely via bike.

I happily took the ride but I was very willing to crash my bike on the way home and call for a ride anyway :shrug:
Can't wait until I can go to the pub again

this was at least a once a week occurrence with several middle-aged guys at the Slovak Club and the Polish Club.  And they both were very family oriented.  Always great home-cooked food cheap beer/booze, pull tickets and a bookie.  

And they were smack in the middle of the neighborhood (not my neighborhood ...my friends neighborhood)

Bike accidents can wind up really causing some damage. Glad she came and picked you up. 
The pub is straight downhill from my house. About 15 minutes. I usually hit the trails, rather than main streets, so 17-18 minutes.

I imagine being uphill and drunk it's about 25 minutes on the way home. I have no intention of actually finding out though :lol:

Cause any time is [redacted] time/U.S.A.

Response:

Here I see you trying to go and leave it all behind
Hey, you know it's wrong to fall

We're in it for the money, we're in it for the money
We're in it for the money

Got my mind made up, I got my finger on the button, going way home
Got the sound turned down, got a feeling in my pocket, going way home

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember pubs
I made a political forum post today but... what happened in Ontario/Canada wasn't exactly rocket science. Everyone should be back to pubs now. Early tests (on demand, symptoms or not) -> contact tracing -> listen to your government when they say socially distance/wear a mask -> wear a ####### mask.... = pubs!

I know preaching to choir in this draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know preaching to choir in this draft.
Very much, but the ingredient of leadership telling people to wear a mask was not existent for the first parts of the virus here. There was debate about it. For what reasons those might be, I'll leave to the political imagination. Away from the political to the personal. So, I had to pick up a prescription at the doctor's office (they can't call in a DEA-controlled script) and this guy just holds the only entrance door i could go through open and says "I'll hold my breath" referring to the fact that he is (illegally) without a mask. Then after I walked by, he made some sort of noise as if to exhale.

What a maroon. He's the reason this spread so badly. Just galling. I had half a mind...

We lost that loser Pitchfork
But for how long?  Now I remember seeing yo' ### in the PSF today.  
:shrug:  I think I mostly know where the line is, and made it 17 years without being banned. Also, I don't think I should have ever been banned and see far worse than what I apparently did (accusing all Trump supporters of believing the same thing) about 50 times a day in the political forum. Just go in there and count the times "lefties" or "leftists" and yes, I'm sure "Trumpers" are all said to believe this or that or the other.

So, yeah, I probably won't get banned again, because I won't engage anymore.

Very much, but the ingredient of leadership telling people to wear a mask was not existent for the first parts of the virus here. There was debate about it. For what reasons those might be, I'll leave to the political imagination. Away from the political to the personal. So, I had to pick up a prescription at the doctor's office (they can't call in a DEA-controlled script) and this guy just holds the only entrance door i could go through open and says "I'll hold my breath" referring to the fact that he is (illegally) without a mask. Then after I walked by, he made some sort of noise as if to exhale.

What a maroon. He's the reason this spread so badly. Just galling. I had half a mind...
Yeah, I'm out on the mask debate, it it political to a fault, as your example here shows.

I think there's a clear correlation between mandatory masks and decline in cases and that's all that matters. 

I tried listening to the 2020 MY draft but kept getting interrupted.  Didn't do my long walk today because we went to Golden Gate Park with my mother-in-law for a short slow trail hike.  Didn't have headphones in until dinner time.

I don't think I have as many contenders as in some years.  Don't know if it's the music or me although almost continuous music drafts have cut into my new release dumpster diving.

Oh baby, I hang on everything you say
I wanna write down every word
But do me a favor when you come through
When I look around, don't wanna see you
I don't take advice from fools
Never listening to you

Oh, making bad decisions
Oh, making bad decisions
Oh, making bad decisions with you

Yeah, I'm out on the mask debate, it it political to a fault, as your example here shows.

I think there's a clear correlation between mandatory masks and decline in cases and that's all that matters. 
I won't debate it in that forum, either. I don't see the good that can come of it. As for here, there are probably silent ones among us not holding the default position of the binary mask/no mask, so I'll leave this as a safe space from the politics, as indicated before. I know I've always appreciated this respite of apolitical writing/thought. My politics are often unpopular among the more creative/music critic circles we dabble in, so I'm often grateful for it. Would hate to turn anyone off. 

Users who are viewing this thread