What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

★☆★ NFL DRAFT Thread. ★☆★ (1 Viewer)

Can we get "NO Spoilers" added to the thread title? Maybe have a second thread clearly labeled "Spoilers Okay" or something?

I'm not trying to cause Game of Thrones levels of confusion here, but there's going to be tons of stuff out there on twitter and it would be nice to keep that stuff out of here, and only discuss speculation and the picks that Goodell has actually read aloud already.

Can we get "NO Spoilers" added to the thread title? Maybe have a second thread clearly labeled "Spoilers Okay" or something?I'm not trying to cause Game of Thrones levels of confusion here, but there's going to be tons of stuff out there on twitter and it would be nice to keep that stuff out of here, and only discuss speculation and the picks that Goodell has actually read aloud already.
:goodposting: I agree we need a thread free of Bermaning.

-QG

@JasonLaCanfora How's this for a shocker: Several execs picking early in round 1 believe OAK will take corner DJ Hayden 3rd overall if they keep the pick

@JasonLaCanfora

OAK made it clear for weeks they're open to trading down and 1 GM told me he thinks OAK will be able to deal down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, leaking info that you might be interested in Hayden completely undermines the entire reason teams want to trade up with you, Oakland...that you're taking the 3rd elite OT. Making me think this isn't from Oakland.

@JasonLaCanfora

But at this point, I've heard enough to where Hayden at 3 wouldn't be out of the question at all. This is going to be a wild draft

Here's my top 10 picks 1. Chiefs Luke Joeckel2. Jaguars Eric Fisher3. Raiders Sharrif Floyd4. Eagles Dion Jordan5. Lions Eric FisherAnd by 10 I mean 5.
:lol:

The Lions are pretty stupid at times... but this shouldn't happen.
Roger Goodell: (to David Caldwell and Martin Mayhew): You present an interesting dilemma.Each of you seemingly have a legitimate claim to Eric Fisher and yet Fisher can only have one rightful owner. Quite the conundrum....We will cut the young Fisher down the middle and give half to each of you.

Martin Mayhew: That is your decision, to ruin the OT? Fine, fine cut the stupid kid in half.

David Caldwell: No. No. Give him to the Lions. I'd rather him belong to another than see him destroyed.

Martin Mayhew: Great we'll take him.

Roger Goodell: Not so fast Mayhew...Only Eric Fisher's true owner would rather give him away than see him come to harm. Jacksonville, Eric Fisher is yours.

@JasonLaCanfora: How's this for a shocker: Several execs picking early in round 1 believe OAK will take corner DJ Hayden 3rd overall if they keep the pick

Here's my top 10 picks 1. Chiefs Luke Joeckel2. Jaguars Eric Fisher3. Raiders Sharrif Floyd4. Eagles Dion Jordan5. Lions Eric FisherAnd by 10 I mean 5.
:lol:

The Lions are pretty stupid at times... but this shouldn't happen.
Roger Goodell: (to David Caldwell and Martin Mayhew): You present an interesting dilemma.Each of you seemingly have a legitimate claim to Eric Fisher and yet Fisher can only have one rightful owner. Quite the conundrum....We will cut the young Fisher down the middle and give half to each of you.

Martin Mayhew: That is your decision, to ruin the OT? Fine, fine cut the stupid kid in half.

David Caldwell: No. No. Give him to the Lions. I'd rather him belong to another than see him destroyed.

Martin Mayhew: Great we'll take him.

Roger Goodell: Not so fast Mayhew...Only Eric Fisher's true owner would rather give him away than see him come to harm. Jacksonville, Eric Fisher is yours.
:golfclap:

Can we get "NO Spoilers" added to the thread title? Maybe have a second thread clearly labeled "Spoilers Okay" or something?I'm not trying to cause Game of Thrones levels of confusion here, but there's going to be tons of stuff out there on twitter and it would be nice to keep that stuff out of here, and only discuss speculation and the picks that Goodell has actually read aloud already.
wat

wat
Where's the confusion? No spoilers in here would be nice, or there will be tons of people who won't be discussing the draft here.

If its the Game of Thrones reference that got you...you'll have to spend more time in the FFA.

Been around these parts longer than most but - take it with a grain of salt, me being a Ravens' fan - I think the team that gets the most "god dammit, they did it again" comments from fans of other teams is Baltimore.

IIRC, Ozzie hasn't traded up since Flacco. I posted in the "Official Ravens" thread that I have an itch he may go after one of those big LTs. As with most of my predictions, I'm probably horribly, embarrassingly wrong. He's got 12 picks (4 of which are compensory and therefore untradeable).

Stays put and I think it's Minter. Trades down and I dunno.

Been around these parts longer than most but - take it with a grain of salt, me being a Ravens' fan - I think the team that gets the most "god dammit, they did it again" comments from fans of other teams is Baltimore.IIRC, Ozzie hasn't traded up since Flacco. I posted in the "Official Ravens" thread that I have an itch he may go after one of those big LTs. As with most of my predictions, I'm probably horribly, embarrassingly wrong. He's got 12 picks (4 of which are compensory and therefore untradeable).Stays put and I think it's Minter. Trades down and I dunno.
I agree with this statement. Ozzie always seems to have studs fall to him (Ray, Ed, Suggs, Ngata, etc).

Here's my top 10 picks1. Chiefs Luke Joeckel2. Jaguars Eric Fisher3. Raiders Sharrif Floyd4. Eagles Dion Jordan5. Lions Eric FisherAnd by 10 I mean 7.Browns trade down to get a 2nd round pick that they ship to the Patriots for Mallett.6. Dolphins Ziggy Anzah7. Cardinals OT Lane Johnson
We've had 2 sport stars before but I think this would make Eric Fisher the first two teams in the same league player. He's going to be pretty happy taking home 2 paychecks.
He'll be one worn out dude, facing JJ Watt, Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, and Clay Matthews twice each.

Been around these parts longer than most but - take it with a grain of salt, me being a Ravens' fan - I think the team that gets the most "god dammit, they did it again" comments from fans of other teams is Baltimore.IIRC, Ozzie hasn't traded up since Flacco. I posted in the "Official Ravens" thread that I have an itch he may go after one of those big LTs. As with most of my predictions, I'm probably horribly, embarrassingly wrong. He's got 12 picks (4 of which are compensory and therefore untradeable).Stays put and I think it's Minter. Trades down and I dunno.
I agree with this statement. Ozzie always seems to have studs fall to him (Ray, Ed, Suggs, Ngata, etc).
Objectively I'd say Steelers and Patriots fit this bill as well.

-QG

Objectively I'd say Steelers and Patriots fit this bill as well.

-QG
Patriots is "I can't believe they robbed Al Davis again." Baltimore is "I can't believe a top 10 player fell to 27 again." Not so sure I buy Pit. JMO

Objectively I'd say Steelers and Patriots fit this bill as well. -QG
Patriots is "I can't believe they robbed Al Davis again." Baltimore is "I can't believe a top 10 player fell to 27 again." Not so sure I buy Pit. JMO
:lmao:Very nice, though I'd give the Stillers more credit. Those guys know how to put a team together. To be honest, I think Ozzie & Co learned a ton from Pittsburgh.

Set my alarm for 2AM so I can watch Oakland pick (hopefully trade down actually). :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Objectively I'd say Steelers and Patriots fit this bill as well. -QG
:lmao:Very nice, though I'd give the Stillers more credit. Those guys know how to put a team together. To be honest, I think Ozzie & Co learned a ton from Pittsburgh.
And of late, I'd say my Bengals have learned from both of them.

-QG

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000163303/article/indianapolis-colts-taking-calls-about-no-24-draft-pick

Indianapolis Colts taking calls about No. 24 draft pick

By Kareem Copeland

Around the League Writer

The phone is ringing in Indianapolis. Several teams have called Colts general manager Ryan Grigson with hopes to trade up to the No. 24 pick, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported.

The Colts could draft any position outside of quarterback, so that allows for a level of flexibility. At the same time, there's quality to be had at No. 24. Aaron Rodgers, Steven Jackson, Ed Reed and Dez Bryant have all been drafted No. 24 overall.

If there isn't an early quarterback run, there could be teams looking to get back into the first round before quarterback-needy organizations come around a second time. A team with a late first-round pick may want to slide up a few spots and dangle a second-rounder knowing the Colts sent theirs to the Miami Dolphins for Vontae Davis. Those are simply two of several possibilities.

This is just one of many moving parts as the draft approaches tonight.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.

Chip Kelly takes Geno Smith at some point tonight to compete with Vick.
Nah, EJ Manuel is more likely than Geno.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50620117/

Chip Kelly: Big hands essential for QBs

While at Oregon, new Eagles coach Chip Kelly stated that he believes big hands are an essential attribute for a quarterback.
"That is the biggest coaching point to finding a quarterback," Kelly said. "How big are his hands, and how well can he control the football? The height of the quarterback is not the important thing. No one playing quarterback throws over the line. They throw trough lanes in the linemen. The important thing is the size of their hands." At 10 5/8 inches, Nick Foles had the biggest hands of any quarterback at the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine.
Which of the top rated QB draft prospects had the largest hands?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/2/22/4018582/nfl-combine-2013-quarterbacks-height-weight-hand-size-measurements

NFL Combine 2013: Quarterbacks height, weight & hand size measurements

fairly interesting later-round prospect as well.

Player School Height Weight Hand Size Matt Barkley USC 6-3 227 10.08 Tyler Bray Tennessee 6-6 232 9.28 Colby Cameron Louisiana Tech 6-2 212 9.08 Zac Dysert Miami of Ohio 6-3 231 9.18 Mike Glennon N.C. State 6-7 225 9.58 Marqueis Gray Minnesota 6-3 240 9.78 Landry Jones Oklahoma 6-4 225 9.18 Collin Klein Kansas State 6-5 226 9.28 E.J. Manuel Florida State 6-5 237 10.38 Ryan Nassib Syracuse 6-2 227 10.18 Sean Renfree Duke 6-3 219 9.08 Matt Scott Arizona 6-2 213 9.08 Geno Smith West Virginia 6-2 218 9.28 Brad Sorensen Southern Utah 6-4 237 9.28 James Vandenberg Iowa 6-3 226 9.68 Tyler Wilson Arkansas 6-2 215 8.68

Sorry if it's already been asked, but where can I watch the draft live without LaCafona, Schefter, Glazer ect.. spoiling the picks before teams make their choices?

NFL.com has a video mock draft on their site that pretty entertaining. At least better than all this stuff that has been rehashed all day. Mayock hosts it, and there's 8 other NFLN people that make each pick. You can watch videos pick by pick.

Users who are viewing this thread