What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (1 Viewer)

I was going to write this earlier but Busquets can still read the game and pass fantastic - but he's slow as **** after never being really fast.
Yep. He was never fast but his speed has really declined. One of the key factors holding Barcelona back against quality sides in the European competitions.

Depending on the whistle :scared:

But yeah, it was fully intentional, you don't boot the ball like that at that spot of the field if you didn't mean it. De Jong dove, but Bruno meant to.

The draw for the round of 16 of the 2022-23 UEFA Europa League will be made at 11 a.m. GMT / 6 a.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 24.

The eight Europa League group stage winners will be seeded and will play the second leg at home.

SEEDED TEAMS
Arsenal (ENG)
Fenerbahce (TUR)
Ferencvaros (HUN)
Feyenoord (NED)
SC Freiburg (GER)
Real Sociedad (ESP)
Real Betis (ESP)
Union Saint-Gilloise (BEL)

UNSEEDED TEAMS
Manchester United
Sevilla
Leverkusen
Lisbon
Juventus
Roma
Union Berlin
Stade Rennais 2-2 Shakhtar going to extra time

Clubs from the same country cannot be drawn against each other. (United can't draw Arsenal)
Ties will be played on March 9 and 16.

The draw for the round of 16 of the 2022-23 UEFA Europa League will be made at 11 a.m. GMT / 6 a.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 24.

The eight Europa League group stage winners will be seeded and will play the second leg at home.

SEEDED TEAMS
Arsenal (ENG)
Fenerbahce (TUR)
Ferencvaros (HUN)
Feyenoord (NED)
SC Freiburg (GER)
Real Sociedad (ESP)
Real Betis (ESP)
Union Saint-Gilloise (BEL)

UNSEEDED TEAMS
Manchester United
Sevilla
Leverkusen
Lisbon
Juventus
Roma
Union Berlin
Stade Rennais 2-2 Shakhtar going to extra time

Clubs from the same country cannot be drawn against each other. (United can't draw Arsenal)
Ties will be played on March 9 and 16.

Forza Roma!

• FC Union Saint-Gilloise v Union Berlin
  • Sevilla v Fenerbahce
  • Juventus v SC Freiburg
  • Bayer Leverkusen v Ferencvaros
  • Sporting Clube De Portugal v Arsenal
  • Manchester United v Real Betis
  • Roma v Real Sociedad
  • Shakhatar Donetsk v Feyenoord

Last edited:

• Sevilla v Fenerbahce
  • Juventus v SC Freiburg
  • Roma v Real Sociedad
Some good ties in this list.

• Sevilla v Fenerbahce
  • Juventus v SC Freiburg
  • Roma v Real Sociedad
Some good ties in this list.

All in on Shakhtar.

Union seem very live to make at least the quarters. If you'd told nine years ago me that when I was stood on their Gegengerade watching them lose to Paderborn, not long after the fans had rebuilt the ground, I'd have immediately demanded some of the drugs you were on

Enormous 90 minutes for us that, beating a dangerous Watford outfit after we lost the last two, coupled with Boro losing gives us a seven point lead back, still with a game in hand

Wow... Shaktar is roughly as good as an MLS/Championship side. Getting to the quarters is really cool -- hadn't paid any attention at all until I saw the chatter upthread.

You can still get them at 100-1.

Not hyperbole - that may be the greatest combined two free kicks goals in ET ever. That’s ridiculous.

• Thiago Almada (90'+3', 90'+9')

ETA - I’m an idiot (and drinking) - first goal wasn’t a free kick but still two ridiculous strikes

Last edited:
Not hyperbole - that may be the greatest combined two free kicks goals in ET ever. That’s ridiculous.

ETA - I’m an idiot (and drinking) - first goal wasn’t a free kick but still two ridiculous strikes
have to say I have to thank the new AppleTV deal because I watched all this live. The freekick was nice and it was last kick of game but the first goal was :chefkiss:

But I also need to give a shout out to MLS for such a garbage 360 product that I felt forced to just watch one game as the reason I was watching this one.

have to say I have to thank the new AppleTV deal because I watched all this live. The freekick was nice and it was last kick of game but the first goal was :chefkiss:

But I also need to give a shout out to MLS for such a garbage 360 product that I felt forced to just watch one game as the reason I was watching this one.

Watching it now - I’d be fine with this studio style if they would show a match at the same time and then cut in for goals and other plays.

ETA - to be clear - those screens behind them and then moving to different cameras is HORRIBLE

:lmao:

Haven’t seen that in a while. Austin defender passed it back to a STL player to put him in on goal - either he just didn’t see him or thought he was a teammate.

Wow - STL takes a lead in Austin with a great goal. I think that may have been against the same defender. If it is, that poor kid is going to have nightmares.

Users who are viewing this thread