What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$20,000 Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
I have all the technical stuff working and now need to crank out the web pages for the rules, player lists, etc. This should all be LIVE later tonight (best guess 8pm PT).Rules tweaks:Roster will have 1 more RB (5 total) and 1 more WR (7 total). Salary Cap will be $300 which should allow everyone to have a few studs or be very strong with a good bench. Prizes will go deeper.Top 200 will compete over the last four weeks to add to the excitement.Let the chaos begin.....soon.

So you added spots and money to help the shukes. Catching the steals is what made the contest so much fun.

I have all the technical stuff working and now need to crank out the web pages for the rules, player lists, etc. This should all be LIVE later tonight (best guess 8pm PT).
Uh-oh.You've set a deadline. Counting down to the first"Where's the #### 20K contest!!!!" post now in 3 hours, 49 minutes

I have decided to drop the salary cap to $250. That should add a lot more skill to this. At $300, it was too easy.

I highly suggest an email that releases the scores each week so the damn site doesn't crash every Tuesday like it did last year.Your Welcome.

no comments? Unlike other contests that do not set realistic cap values, I think you guys will find this one to be quite challenging.

Not eligible to win any prizes......again. :wall:
I am going to reiterate our procedure here. Make of it what you will.1. At the end of the contest, we determine the results.2. We send a note to the email address on file that won the prize.3. We ask them to fax back that they live in an eligible state and where they want the money sent to (must be an eligible state). 4. Upon receipt of this info, Joe cuts a check and mails it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to reiterate our procedure here. Make of it what you will.1. At the end of the contest, we determine the results.2. We send a note to the email address on file that won the prize.3. We ask them to fax back that they live in an eligible state and where they want the money sent to (must be an elgible state). 4. Upon receipt of this info, Joe cuts a check and mails it.
That is Gold!! :rotflmao:

Clarification please...Dante Hall... if he scores on special teams does that count for him and the Kansas City ST... or just the ST??Thanks

It says 15,000 I thought it was 20k
$15,000 first prize. $20K in total prizes. Everybody #####ed last year with just the top prize so we added prizes for the people that were close.

Not eligible to win any prizes......again.  :wall:
I am going to reiterate our procedure here. Make of it what you will.1. At the end of the contest, we determine the results.2. We send a note to the email address on file that won the prize.3. We ask them to fax back that they live in an eligible state and where they want the money sent to (must be an eligible state). 4. Upon receipt of this info, Joe cuts a check and mails it.
Uhhh, assuming I don't win, would you mind copying me when you send that email out??? :ph34r:

Clarification please...Dante Hall... if he scores on special teams does that count for him and the Kansas City ST... or just the ST??Thanks
just for special teams. players score according to the players scoring only (rushing, receiving, passing)

I am going to reiterate our procedure here. Make of it what you will.

1. At the end of the contest, we determine the results.

2. We send a note to the email address on file that won the prize.

3. We ask them to fax back that they live in an eligible state and where they want the money sent to (must be an elgible state).

4. Upon receipt of this info, Joe cuts a check and mails it.
Thanks Dodds. :thumbup: It just gets a bit frustrating seeing the same eligibility rules on all the fantasy football sites i.e. Australian residents aren't eligible. I know our laws are pretty relaxed down here when it comes to gambling so I don't understand why we aren't eligible. Anyway I'll sign up and play for fun and if I fluke something I'll try and get an eligible person to pass on the winnings. :thumbup:

First submition equaled... too much
the $250 cap is murder. You get 1 great player, a few good players and a lot of marginal players.
I swear that I just submitted a $251 lineup. Do you have the limit kicking out at $250?
It is suppose to. Let me know if you catch a glitch.
Maybe I've had one too many beers, but I have ----SPOILER ALERT-------21 at QB143 at RB68 at WR7 at TE5 at K7 at DDoesn't that equal $251?

the $250 cap is murder. You get 1 great player, a few good players and a lot of marginal players.
I swear that I just submitted a $251 lineup. Do you have the limit kicking out at $250?
Maybe I've had one too many beers, but I have ----SPOILER ALERT-------21 at QB143 at RB68 at WR7 at TE5 at K7 at DDoesn't that equal $251?
It is possible that I recorded one of the values wrong on the salary page. Please PM your team and let me see if I can figure out what is wrong. I won't send it to anyone else.

It is possible that I recorded one of the values wrong on the salary page. Please PM your team and let me see if I can figure out what is wrong. I won't send it to anyone else.
Just PM'd you the winning entry. :D

btw - how many subscribers do you guys have?This is a nice chunk of change to give out considering the relatively low subscription rate. :thumbup:

Not eligible to win any prizes......again.  :wall:
GB you :D

GB you :D
The first time I read Dodds post it went straight over my head. :D GDB having 1 hours sleep. :wall:

DDWhats up with the florida thing? Every year I dont join because I can not win prizes due to the fact I live in Florida! What gives? Please explain this to me? I am in the WCOFF and am playing for much bigger money and prizes than you guys can afford to give, and I am 100% eligable for prize collection. Do you , Joe and your lawyers NOT like people from FL. ? :confused: Thanks Paul

Thanks Dodds, for spending time and answering questions.last one, Can i submit one in a few days and then re-submit my changes sept 5th?
yes. It will remember what you put in. You can then tweak it right up to the deadline.

just added mine up Dodds... and I came in at $255 but the page said... "added successfully."
We have put some javascript controls in, but some browsers can bypass these limits. It is everybody's responsibility to make sure their team is 250 or less by September 5th.David

DDWhats up with the florida thing? Every year I dont join because I can not win prizes due to the fact I live in Florida! What gives? Please explain this to me? I am in the WCOFF and am playing for much bigger money and prizes than you guys can afford to give, and I am 100% eligable for prize collection. Do you , Joe and your lawyers NOT like people from FL. ? :confused: Thanks Paul
Here is what ESPN has.IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF ARIZONA, CONNECTICUT, FLORIDA, LOUISIANA, MONTANA OR VERMONT, YOU ARE PERMITTED TO PURCHASE AND BE A PARTICIPANT IN THE GAME, BUT NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN ANY OF THE PROMOTIONAL PRIZES.Our lawyer handed us the list of states that were eligible and we are sticking to that. I can not comment on why it is ok with WCOFF.

Users who are viewing this thread