What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2012 Official Philadelphia Eagles Post Mortem Thread *** (3 Viewers)

That would be pretty great. It would all be contingent on nobody wanting him as a starter though. I wouldn't mind dropping Edwards and having Kolb back as the #2 at an appropriate price in the least. Would be funny as hell, really.

That would be pretty great. It would all be contingent on nobody wanting him as a starter though. I wouldn't mind dropping Edwards and having Kolb back as the #2 at an appropriate price in the least. Would be funny as hell, really.
It would really be ridiculous to get a starting CB (no matter how average he is) and a 2nd round pick only to get Kolb back the very next season. In fact it would be pretty awesome.

So FA opens tomorrow at 4....who are we going after? Who SHOULD we be going after?
I think either Tulluch or Fletcher are a must to solidify the LB corps. Fletcher is much older but he adds a much need veteran presence. Tulloch looked very good in Detroit's Wide 9 last season. If we keep it this year, we need players like that at LB. If we get one of those 2, I still think drafting Kuechly would be good but doubt they would go both routes. I'm just hoping they do at least one.

So FA opens tomorrow at 4....who are we going after? Who SHOULD we be going after?
I think either Tulluch or Fletcher are a must to solidify the LB corps. Fletcher is much older but he adds a much need veteran presence. Tulloch looked very good in Detroit's Wide 9 last season. If we keep it this year, we need players like that at LB. If we get one of those 2, I still think drafting Kuechly would be good but doubt they would go both routes. I'm just hoping they do at least one.
Re-sign Evan Mathis. Sign either Tulloch or Fletcher. Draft BPA. Have a happy Eagle fan.

Nothing with safety?
Landry is intriguing but I don't know if they think so. All though he is coming off an injury. That's usually a Joe Banner special. However, I think since he's the top safety in a weak list, he'll get paid. Not much else out there. Unless of course we want Sean considine back, lol.

Nothing with safety?
Landry is intriguing but I don't know if they think so. All though he is coming off an injury. That's usually a Joe Banner special. However, I think since he's the top safety in a weak list, he'll get paid. Not much else out there. Unless of course we want Sean considine back, lol.
Haven't we seen enough of Landry to know that we dont want him? How many pump fakes and run bites must we see him be fooled by?

Nothing with safety?
Haven't we seen enough of Landry to know that we dont want him? How many pump fakes and run bites must we see him be fooled by?
Even so...he has to be better then what we have, right?I just read on Yahoo though that he went all David Boston and may now be to big for FS or SS and may just be a LBer....I'll pass now and hope Jarret can do something with a full off-season

Nothing with safety?
Even so...he has to be better then what we have, right?I just read on Yahoo though that he went all David Boston and may now be to big for FS or SS and may just be a LBer....I'll pass now and hope Jarret can do something with a full off-season
Pass on Landry (pun intended).

Nothing with safety?
Pass on Landry (pun intended).
I agree completely. Was just saying that he's the best available. So not much out there in FA for safety. Looks like we're stuck with what we have.

Someone just sent me an email that said 97.5 said Peyton Manning is at the NovaCare complex. Anyone here anything on this? Not listening to 97.5 at the moment.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
Adam Caplan said on Twitter that Conner coming here is pretty much a done deal.
I have no problem with this, as long as he isn't the only addition that we make to our LBs.

Spadaro was on WIP this AM. He said that while adding Connor could happen, he didn't see it as a "Day 1/priority" kind of move. He thinks the Lions cleared cap space to re-sign Tulloch, so he doesn't expect him coming here.

Apparently NFL Network is reporting that we are aggresivley pursuing Mario Williams...anyone else hear this?? It's being discussed on Twitter right now as well!

Apparently NFL Network is reporting that we are aggresivley pursuing Mario Williams...anyone else hear this?? It's being discussed on Twitter right now as well!
This is the type of move they usually make. Can you imagine 3rd and 10 with Cole, Williams, Babin and Jenkins lining up on the line. The opposing QB will be crapping himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Herremans extended for 3 years per 97.5.
Yep. $21mm with $11mm in guarantees.While I'm happy to see this deal in place, I hope it is quickly followed by a move to keep Mathis (or in the alternative to go out and sign the likes of Winston, Myers, Grubbs or Nicks).
Mathis is a must. Solidifies the interior line. I'd love it if they don't go for a Mario Williams type if they could get Winston in here and finally secure the o-line with some studs to keep vick upright.Peters - Mathis - Kelce - Herremans - Winston would be nice. If not, Watkins at guard and herremans is ok.

Yep. $21mm with $11mm in guarantees.While I'm happy to see this deal in place, I hope it is quickly followed by a move to keep Mathis (or in the alternative to go out and sign the likes of Winston, Myers, Grubbs or Nicks).
Mathis is a must. Solidifies the interior line. I'd love it if they don't go for a Mario Williams type if they could get Winston in here and finally secure the o-line with some studs to keep vick upright.Peters - Mathis - Kelce - Herremans - Winston would be nice. If not, Watkins at guard and herremans is ok.
I'm with you on most of that. Personally I would love a significant upgrade from Kelce, but not sure that's in the cards.

McCoy just tweeted herremans is the only guy who can play every position on the line. Then he followed it up with "everyone around the league is getting paid $$$$$$". Wonder what he's thinking about?

I think Watkins is a starter now. He played pretty well in there, would suck to see him back to a reserve roll. I'd love Winston though, so thats a tough one. Can't see us getting Mario either... for his price I'm sure we could add much better pieces and give some contracts to the djax and mccoys. Really upset that it sounds like Tulloch is staying. I'm not overly excited about Connor and was hoping we'd land a bigger name at LB. We can always hope we draft Luke, but Tulloch would have been so awesome.

I really am holding out hope that the Eagles are rope-a-doping this thing with Kuechly. Feign mild interest. Make everyone think its DLine again and then bam! Draft trade to the 10th pick for Kuechly.

Per Jason La Canfora Twitter Us and TB are pushing to get Carl NIcks in first
I don't really understand this move. How much is he going to need a season? Of course he's awesome, but looks like our Oline is going to be one of the better ones in the league and you'd think with Nicks money, we'd go after a Tulloch, Fletcher, etc type player or a safety (not sure whats out there)

Per Jason La Canfora Twitter Us and TB are pushing to get Carl NIcks in first
I don't really understand this move. How much is he going to need a season? Of course he's awesome, but looks like our Oline is going to be one of the better ones in the league and you'd think with Nicks money, we'd go after a Tulloch, Fletcher, etc type player or a safety (not sure whats out there)
Nicks is the best guard in the game and is only 26 and you can never have enough big boys on either side of the ball.

Trent Cole resigned through 2017
I like the moves the Eagles have made so far. Re-sign Herremans and Cole. Now re-sign Mathis and go get some LBs.
I like the moves too. Hopefully something gets done to take care of McCoy too.Also, if anyone thought the Eagles had any shot of Mario Williams, my buddy knows someone in the Buffalo scouting dept and he believes that Mario will be signed by them very shortly. Apparently they're throwing crazy money at him.

I like the moves the Eagles have made so far. Re-sign Herremans and Cole. Now re-sign Mathis and go get some LBs.
I like the moves too. Hopefully something gets done to take care of McCoy too.Also, if anyone thought the Eagles had any shot of Mario Williams, my buddy knows someone in the Buffalo scouting dept and he believes that Mario will be signed by them very shortly. Apparently they're throwing crazy money at him.
Rather have him in Buffalo then Chicago.

Rather have him in Buffalo then Chicago.
As a Chicago fan, I strongly disagree. :P I'm hoping beyond hope that Mario actually covets winning more than a few extra bucks, but that rarely happens. Chicago was in the think of things before Forte and Cutler went down with injuries. I expect 10 wins from them this coming year as long as they shore up that o-line.

With Justice gone, what does the OL depth look like?

Starters: Peters - Mathis? - Kelce - Watkins - Herremans

Backups: Dunlap at T, Jackson at C, Vandervelde at G is all that is left right now?

Have they signed any other linemen that I missed? With Mathis still possibly gone the depth is concerning. I know the draft is still upcoming but this is a bit unlike them. I wonder how much of a cap burden Justice was that moving up half a round in the 6th really matters.

ETA - $4.2M in cap space from moving Justice.

With Justice gone, what does the OL depth look like? Starters: Peters - Mathis? - Kelce - Watkins - Herremans Backups: Dunlap at T, Jackson at C, Vandervelde at G is all that is left right now? Have they signed any other linemen that I missed? With Mathis still possibly gone the depth is concerning. I know the draft is still upcoming but this is a bit unlike them. I wonder how much of a cap burden Justice was that moving up half a round in the 6th really matters.ETA - $4.2M in cap space from moving Justice.
Dunlap is a FA.

Users who are viewing this thread