What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Free Agency news thread (1 Viewer)

@AdamSchefter - Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

@AdamSchefter: Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.
It just happened.
come on Ted, make this happen.
I'd rather have Canty or Stephen Jackson...CB isn't really a position of need. All of this is wishfull thinking though based on Thompson's MO.
While you can never have enough CBs...more of a fan of drafting one 5th round or later.Can't play Williams, Shields, Nnamdi, and Hayward all at the same time very much.Only way they would try is if they had a deal for Tramon and signed Nnamdi cheap.Not really in favor of that either despite Tramon's struggles in tackling.

Martellus Bennett done deal to the Bears
Dave Richard ‏@daverichard

RT @MikeClayNFL BREAKING: Former Giants TE Martellus Bennett has informed me that he will sign with the Chicago Bears tonight.
Martellus Bennett‏@JoeGryffindor

I’m proud to say I’ll be joining my other brother @bmarshall next season. #BEARDOWN
NOT A DONE DEAL YET.Free agent TE Martellus Bennett will visit the Bears.

Bennett tweeted he was "proud" to be joining the Bears, before clarifying it's just his preferred destination. Regardless, the smoke is billowing, and seems primed to turn to fire. The Bears are in dire need of a tight end who can actually catch passes.

NFL Network reported a done deal. Maybe they will clarify in a moment...
Very likely. Definitely possible for people to jump the gun trying to break news. Your source is probably better than mine.Just saw it is an "agreement in principle...so, "push"? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Jennings is on ESPN now according to Twitter...am not watching though.

Edit...apparently just saying he has destinations he wants and is enjoying time as a FA.

No real news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Fitzpatrick was just released
Ouch. That's a $10 million hit against the Bills salary cap. Retaining him would have cost them $10.5 million vs. the cap.
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalkNo surprise Bills released Ryan Fitzpatrick. They owed him $3 million tomorrow.
The six-year, $59 million contract extension Fitzpatrick signed in October of 2011 turned out to be an expensive mistake — and a reminder that sometimes in the NFL, “six-year contracts” last less than a year and a half. If the Bills give this move a post-June 1 designation, Fitpatrick’s cap hit would be $3 million this year and $7 million in 2014.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter:

Former Bills G Andy Levitre has reached agreement in principle with the Titans on 5-year, $39 million deal.

Looks like the Chiefs just may have violated the Goodell edict about the legal tampering period. Two signings within a half hour.

IMO Fasano offers everythig Moeaki does and is a better blocker. One of those understated but solid signings that ought to give Chief's fans hope.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

The Titans obviously had a plan by landing Andy Levitre, tight end Delanie Walker.

Walker to TN also?

'netnalp said:
@AdarnSchefter: Wow. Percy Harvin has failed his physical and remains a Minnesota Viking, per source close to #Seahawks.
Lol this guy is still around?

Users who are viewing this thread