What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs: All hail the Blackhawks, mudbutt (1 Viewer)

Chicago scored more than 2 goals just once in the whole series (in a game they lost no less) and they still won in 6.

#### me, that's going to sting for a while.

Chicago scored more than 2 goals just once in the whole series (in a game they lost no less) and they still won in 6.

Great team down there for you guys. To bad too few support them like you do. Hope you get to experience this side of a SCF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great team down there for you guys. To bad too few support them like you do. Hope you get to experience this side of a SCF.
Thanks. I did in 04 which was great, but this was more meaningful because I got my wife into the game this year. We went to all 13 playoff games together. This is her first sports pain, lol.

wow

what a game and atmosphere at the UC

very special to see the Hawks win the cup in Chicago

thx to Cappy for losing with dignity and I have a feeling that with Stamkos, Johnson and Hedman etc, Tampa will get another cup soon

Kinda surprised they don't replace some of these guys that are so obviously significantly injured to the point that their play suffers.

Kinda surprised they don't replace some of these guys that are so obviously significantly injured to the point that their play suffers
My respect for Bishop skyrocketed after we learned he has a torn groin. Can't imagine how painful it is for Bishop to make a pad save or when there's a mad scramble in front of the net.

He was amazing this series.

Hope they can find some way to keep Vermette. Going to be an interesting offseason.

Now I need to let my liver take a break for awhile. At least until Saturday.

Congrats Rud, .
Lol is this a new thing I missed?
I thought it was pretty well known that after the Sabres he's a Blackhawk fan from his years in Chicago.
yeah, I'm still a Sabres fan above all else. But, I've lived in Chicago for the past 16 years, which is just about the same length of time I lived in Buffalo for. My wife is from here, my daughter was born here, and the home I bought is within walking distance of the United Center. 10 years ago, nobody I knew in this city even cared about or followed the NHL or the Hawks, so it was pretty easy to ignore them. But, as they started to turn into the monster they are, it was hard not to get sucked in. I used to celebrate the wins, but not really get upset over any losses so I was pretty clearly not a fan. But, over the years, I've bought in a bit more. I'm not a die hard Hawks fan like some here, but I probably care more about hockey than most so I'm going to appreciate a dynasty being formed right in my backyard. Tough not to love this team. Also helps that the Sabres are a non-factor right now, so I don't have to worry about many conflicts.

Hope they can find some way to keep Vermette. Going to be an interesting offseason.

there's probably little chance they can. he's going to get paid by someone. he won his Cup so not much reason to take a huge discount to be a 3rd line player here when he can have a bigger role somewhere else.

they need to move Sharp, and hopefully Bickell too.

there's probably little chance they can. he's going to get paid by someone. he won his Cup so not much reason to take a huge discount to be a 3rd line player here when he can have a bigger role somewhere else.

I agree with everything you said. Wishful thinking.

I don't think they can keep both Vermette and Saad. Saad is the #1 priority, and he's going to get a big raise.

doubt they can move Bickell and between Sharp and Oduya one has to be moved/let walk. they are pinched pretty good and Saad is going to command a nice deal so it wouldn't be surprising to see him get poached.

I agree with everything you said. Wishful thinking.
I'll settle for keeping Desjardins and dumping Bickell and watching Sharp leave. Lots of kids coming up next year I think, especially on the D.

doubt they can move Bickell and between Sharp and Oduya one has to be moved/let walk. they are pinched pretty good and Saad is going to command a nice deal so it wouldn't be surprising to see him get poached.
They'll move Bickell, they won't get anything for him but he should be gone. Oduya is a foregone conclusion, he's going to get at least 6M and Sharp is likely traded for not much as well.

ETA I don't think Saad is going to get a crazy OS.

tough to say never when we've seen contracts like Gomez, Clarkson, and Horton get dealt.

Pretty sure Oduya is gone.

Their top-11 players under contract are going to count $61.8MM against the cap next year.

Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Bickell, Versteeg, and Shaw at F.

Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson at D

Crawford in goal.

Sharp ($5.9MM) and Bickell ($4.0MM) and Versteeg ($2.2MM) would be the best candidates to get rid of. They may have to consider trading Seabrook too since he's going to be a UFA next year.

Kinda surprised they don't replace some of these guys that are so obviously significantly injured to the point that their play suffers
My respect for Bishop skyrocketed after we learned he has a torn groin. Can't imagine how painful it is for Bishop to make a pad save or when there's a mad scramble in front of the net.

I guess I just wonder at what point do you sit a guy who clearly isn't at 100%, or anything close. Seems like hockey more than any other sport sticks with injured guys. Bishop was what, 75%? he couldn't push to one side hard, couldn't get back up quickly. Johnson was just invisible. Oduya couldn't use one of his arms for a couple of games. Is there no one else deserving of a chance when these injuries happen? I get that they want to gut it out, but it sure seems like it's hurting the team, not helping.

tough to say never when we've seen contracts like Gomez, Clarkson, and Horton get dealt.

Pretty sure Oduya is gone.

Their top-11 players under contract are going to count $61.8MM against the cap next year.

Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Bickell, Versteeg, and Shaw at F.

Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson at D

Crawford in goal.

Sharp ($5.9MM) and Bickell ($4.0MM) and Versteeg ($2.2MM) would be the best candidates to get rid of. They may have to consider trading Seabrook too since he's going to be a UFA next year.
I didn't say never. Bickell has very little trade value IMO without keeping salary. I think a buyout would be more likely. either way I don't think they will be able to save much money there.

Horton/Clarkson was a very unique scenario, not a great example.

I guess I just wonder at what point do you sit a guy who clearly isn't at 100%, or anything close. Seems like hockey more than any other sport sticks with injured guys. Bishop was what, 75%? he couldn't push to one side hard, couldn't get back up quickly. Johnson was just invisible. Oduya couldn't use one of his arms for a couple of games. Is there no one else deserving of a chance when these injuries happen? I get that they want to gut it out, but it sure seems like it's hurting the team, not helping.
Bishop put up a .939 save percentage with the injury, they should tear it before the start of next year too.

I didn't say never. Bickell has very little trade value IMO without keeping salary. I think a buyout would be more likely. either way I don't think they will be able to save much money there.

Horton/Clarkson was a very unique scenario, not a great example.
I know you didn't. I almost did. Just saying there are ways to make it happen if the Hawks are desperate enough whether it's sweetening the deal with other pieces, or retaining salary, etc. I didn't realize at first he has just 2 years left on that deal so maybe a buyout is a better way to go. I think that would be $6MM spread out over 4 years, so they'd have $1.5MM in dead space for 4 years and would save $2.5MM/year over the next 2.

Clarkson/Horton situation was unique, but wasn't Clarkson's deal worse than Bickell's? Columbus decided they'd rather pay a guy to play than just to sit on IR all year. Leafs got cap relief from it.

Clarkson/Horton situation was unique, but wasn't Clarkson's deal worse than Bickell's? Columbus decided they'd rather pay a guy to play than just to sit on IR all year. Leafs got cap relief from it.
sure, but how often do you have a budget conscious team sitting with a high earning, long term injured player on roster that will likely never play again? pretty rare to find the match they did.

Bishop put up a .939 save percentage with the injury, they should tear it before the start of next year too.
I hear ya. But watching him try to move, it was just obvious he couldn't do everything. I mean watch him on Kane's goal last night, he couldn't push at all, just sort of stepped. Maybe he never makes that save, but maybe if Kane doesn't know his limitations, he tries to be a little more perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread