What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread : Pens raise the cup for 4th time in franchise history*** (1 Viewer)

Doesn't matter what happens in this period.  San Jose will just be delaying the inevitable.  They've been thoroughly dominated for 80% of this series     :shrug:

I like Murray, I think he'll be a star some day.  But as I said a few pages back, his weakness is glove side, particularly high side. His games since then has only assured me of this.  If the Pens weren't in playoff mode regarding playing suffocating defense (as many teams do), blocking shots, etc...he would be facing many more shots.  I'm not sure I want him as my starting goalie next year unless he gets some serious work/coaching regarding his glove side.  Everyone seems to know about it now.  If he can't fix it, I want Fleury as my starter next year.

Doesn't matter what happens in this period.  San Jose will just be delaying the inevitable.  They've been thoroughly dominated for 80% of this series     :shrug:
Now that I'm sober, this was a pretty silly post by me.  Although the last sentence may be true, it doesn't matter.  This 4th win is going to be extremely difficult.  

Now that I'm sober, this was a pretty silly post by me.  Although the last sentence may be true, it doesn't matter.  This 4th win is going to be extremely difficult.  
Complete domination by the Penguins but won't matter if both goalies play like they did last night.  Murray was brutal, Jones was on fire.

Pittsburgh continues to be the better team through 5 games, but the Sharks were good enough in two of them to keep it close and take them.  That may work for two games, but as the other games showed, Pittsburgh will also take those games as well.  If the trend continues, the Sharks need a minor miracle to take the next two in the same manner.

My optimist's view is that with each game the Sharks can extend the series, perhaps they will find ways to finally crack the smothering D that Pittsburgh has shown.  Maybe the extended travel wears more on Pittsburgh than SJ since the Sharks are more used to it.  Crossing fingers, but not counting on this actually happening.

RIP Gordie Howe

Gordie was playing in the WHA when I first started watching hockey in the mid-'70s, and I never got to see the Whalers before they came back to the NHL. But it's awesome that he got to play that one last season with his sons in Hartford and it wasn't a publicity stunt by any means ... 15-26-41 while playing all 80 games.

I'm glad I was able to go with my dad to see Gordie play in an oldtimers' game a couple of years later. He was a legend who transcended generations.

RIP, Mr. Hockey.

Game 6 prices dropped $200 overnight for the nosebleeds...now ~$460, or about the same as SRO for Game 4.  Brokers really tried taking advantage of the Sharks' first visit to the SCF with those seats initially going for $800+.

Old man kunitz with defensive play of the year. Jones gave up goal similar to Murray but was traffic. Man both teams had golden chances

Better team won. 

Sharks didn't come to play this series, or were tired from the slog. Either way, congrats to the Pens and their fans. They looked better.  

Better team won. 

Sharks didn't come to play this series, or were tired from the slog. Either way, congrats to the Pens and their fans. They looked better.  
Better team did win, I think we got robbed when the Sharks beat the Blues because the Sharks should have never gotten this far.  All those years they should have gotten there and didn't, and they finally get there with an inferior team.  Pens were the best team out of the east and deserved to win, but I think a Blues/Pens series would have been a lot more entertaining. 

What a fitting way to end the game.  The Pens just suffocated the Sharks in that 3rd period, as they did most of the series.  Kudos to Jones on a wonderful series.  The only thing that upsets me is that I was drunk for game 5 but sober tonight.  Oh well --  :towelwave:

Seems to me that the Sharks just couldn't, or wouldn't, adjust to how suffocating the Pens were in all zones. Burns weakly throwing that last shot attempt right into a Penguin to lead to the empty-net clincher was a prime example.

I tend to agree the Blues would have been a better matchup, but you just never know when you mix and match any two teams. The Caps easily could have been the second-best team in the whole thing, the way they dominated the Pens at times and pushed it to six games.

Congrats, Pens fans! Can't wait for the World Cup.

Matt Murray didn't win the Conn Smythe?  Did I miss something?  Crosby was meh, Kessel or Bonino were more deserving maybe.

Nice job by Sharks fans booing Bettman with great fervor.  :thumbup:  

Congrats to the Penguins fans here.  The better team won for sure.  While it feels like I just got gut-punched I can't complain about this result.

Users who are viewing this thread