What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread : Pens raise the cup for 4th time in franchise history*** (1 Viewer)

These games are a snoozefest. No suspense, everyone knows the Pens will wrap it up in game 5. 

:yawn:
The Sharks haven't been playing well, but cmon, the first 3 games of this series were entertaining. A 6 on 4 to end game 1, that was great & then 2 games in OT... I'm not seeing a snoozefest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharks have never had the lead - only the game winner in OT the other night. Would have been nice to see them dictate the action with the lead for a while but they seem averse to being front runners

The Sharks haven't been playing well, but cmon, the first 3 games of this series were entertaining. A 6 on 4 to end game 1, that was great & then 2 games in OT... I'm not seeing a snoozefest.
Sorry, I fell asleep during the 3rd period and just woke up. Diffrent strokes I guess. Sharks stole game 3 but its been all Pens pretty much every game. Series that go 5 games suck almost as bad as a sweep. Almost.

Huh? All I said was the ECF was more exciting than this dreck. After 4 games, is there any doubt who's gonna win? After game 4 in the ECF it was tied 2-2 and anyone's series.
You also said it was "the real finals". That implies it was a matchup between the best two teams. 

You also said it was "the real finals". That implies it was a matchup between the best two teams. 
I meant in terms of excitement...but after watching the Sharks, I'm not sure your statement isn't true. Tampa at least took them to the wire and brought some offense. Will San Jose score more than 2 goals in a game in this series other than the other night?  I wouldnt bet on it. Tampa did it 3 times against the Pens. Just sayin.

Sharks aren't a great team but they played really well in the playoffs to get here. Sometimes teams like that run out of gas or just run into a tough matchup with a team playing at a higher level. I think that's happening here. Pens have been clicking for awhile. Sharks lack of depth is killing them. 

This thing isn't officially over yet, but if the Pens go ahead and close this out, who is between the pipes to start the season next year?

So, I watched honkey quite a bit from rookie Jagr up through Cancer-returning Lemieux.  I have only watched sporadically since 98/99.    

Is it my imagination or are there a lot less offsides calls now then there were then?   If yes, are teams just playing more disciplined?  Or did they relax the rule?
They did away with the two-line pass rule, which was a different form of offsides.

These games are a snoozefest. No suspense, everyone knows the Pens will wrap it up in game 5. 

:yawn:
Three one goals games, two of which went to #freehockey and the other was a two goal game. None of the leads have been more than two goals. But, hey, snoozefest. :rolleyes:

Pens on a different level this year.  Agree that the defensive play has been the difference -- don't know if I've ever seen so many blocked and deflected shots / passes in the offensive zone so consistently.  And it's the whole team committed to doing it -- just a great job all-around by Sullivan getting them to go all in on defense and play total team hockey.

Three one goals games, two of which went to #freehockey and the other was a two goal game. None of the leads have been more than two goals. But, hey, snoozefest. :rolleyes:
Yup definitely not a snooze fest but the Pens have established that they are clearly the better team.  

Pens on a different level this year.  Agree that the defensive play has been the difference -- don't know if I've ever seen so many blocked and deflected shots / passes in the offensive zone so consistently.  And it's the whole team committed to doing it -- just a great job all-around by Sullivan getting them to go all in on defense and play total team hockey.
I've loved the discipline the team is showing...with the small exception of Letang and Malkin, but even their annoyance level is much higherthan in the past. This is not the Flyers series from a couple of years back where a simple face wash ended up with constantly being on the PK.

There also far fewer drop passes and east-west passes. Sully has sold a system and everyone has bought in. Oh, what could've been had we had him a couple of years earlier. Oh well...

I've loved the discipline the team is showing...with the small exception of Letang and Malkin, but even their annoyance level is much higherthan in the past. This is not the Flyers series from a couple of years back where a simple face wash ended up with constantly being on the PK.

There also far fewer drop passes and east-west passes. Sully has sold a system and everyone has bought in. Oh, what could've been had we had him a couple of years earlier. Oh well...
Agreed.  They don't get flustered at all.  All the credit has to go to the coaches.  Still one more win left.  I don't normally like to drink during the week but I probably have no choice Thursday night.  

fred_1_15301 said:
Agreed.  They don't get flustered at all.  All the credit has to go to the coaches.  Still one more win left.  I don't normally like to drink during the week but I probably have no choice Thursday night.  
Per Pomp, if the Pens win Thursday night, it will be the first time a Pittsburgh team won a championship at home since the Pirates in 1960.

Also, among teams that have won multiple cups, IIRC the Pens are the only team that has never won one at home.  So there's that.

:shock:

The Sharks haven’t led for one second of game time this series (in fact, thanks to overtime losses, the Penguins haven’t trailed for a puck drop since Game 4 of the Lightning series)

Man, it's like a funeral in here, you guys should be more excited that the best team in hockey is kicking the dog $!#+ out of the Sharts, one more whipping until LORD STANLEY COME HOME...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pittsburgh city officials started collecting couches and other indoor furniture that sits outside. (It is a city ordinance that those items can't be outside.) Apparently they think they are dealing with a bunch of WVU fans. :lol:  

Pittsburgh city officials started collecting couches and other indoor furniture that sits outside. (It is a city ordinance that those items can't be outside.) Apparently they think they are dealing with a bunch of WVU fans. :lol:  
Yeah I thought that was amusing too.    I don't recall there being any problem in 2009 when the Pens and Steelers won championships.

I'll be burning my couch but not because of any Stanley Cup win       :bag:

Yeah I thought that was amusing too.    I don't recall there being any problem in 2009 when the Pens and Steelers won championships.
It's different this time. If the win comes at home, I expect we'll see a fair number of fires. Avoid South Side at all costs.

Last time I was in Pittsburgh, the entire city shut down after dark. My buddies and I were at a bar just down the street from Consol/Igloo and the college-aged girl locked the door at 8 p.m. and stayed and served just us for a few more hours.

South Side is where the Hofbrauhaus and all the other bars are, right?

Last time I was in Pittsburgh, the entire city shut down after dark. My buddies and I were at a bar just down the street from Consol/Igloo and the college-aged girl locked the door at 8 p.m. and stayed and served just us for a few more hours.

South Side is where the Hofbrauhaus and all the other bars are, right?
Last time I was in Pittsburgh I went with some suspiciously legal girls I met to an after hours joint, and some dude ended up getting tased.  It was awesome! 

The area around the big screen at Consol is full - possibly 10,000 people there. The Pens set up a second big screen in Market Square and it's filling up!

Also, KDKA's Susan Koeppen is wearing her white dress again tonight for the 6 PM news. The Pens are undefeated in the playoffs when she wears the dress.

The area around the big screen at Consol is full - possibly 10,000 people there. The Pens set up a second big screen in Market Square and it's filling up!

Also, KDKA's Susan Koeppen is wearing her white dress again tonight for the 6 PM news. The Pens are undefeated in the playoffs when she wears the dress.
Any chance this happens to her if the Pens win tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread