What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 3-Down LBs (1 Viewer)

That sounds about like the Giants situation as well with Tae Davis et al
I read something that Tae Davis "deserves" the starting job. Seems whatever mallady gettleman suffers from rubs off on reporters now. 😆

I read something that Tae Davis "deserves" the starting job. Seems whatever mallady gettleman suffers from rubs off on reporters now. 😆
if memory serves, Davis played Safety in college or somewhere down the line. he has better coverage skills, it is believed, than Connelly at the moment. 

Anyone know if Jerome Baker is out there as a 3 down guy? Might be jumping the gun here, but it's a little concerning that he's got 1 solo and 1 assist through 3 quarters and the Ravens have run the ball 30 times already. Eguavoen and McMillan have contributed more, though still not much.

So, I guess the answer in Washington was none of the above? Cole Holcomb leading in tackles last I looked. Looking forward to combing through snap counts later.

So, I guess the answer in Washington was none of the above? Cole Holcomb leading in tackles last I looked. Looking forward to combing through snap counts later.
This warms my heart. I'll be interested to see the snap counts. Holcomb is a special talent though - I hope he is a full-time player going forward. 

Anyone know if Jerome Baker is out there as a 3 down guy? Might be jumping the gun here, but it's a little concerning that he's got 1 solo and 1 assist through 3 quarters and the Ravens have run the ball 30 times already. Eguavoen and McMillan have contributed more, though still not much.
He ended up with 2-6-0 stat line, I agree with the opportunity of Baltimore being a heavy run team it was disappointing.

TheCenci said:
I see that Josey Jewell had a pretty solid game numbers wise. Did he look alright?
I watched the first half and thought he looked as advertised - a sound, but unspectacular player.  Made the other off-ball LB (Corey Nelson) invisible, so that's something.  I don't recall the Raiders challenging him much with RBs coming out of the backfield to catch passes, so the jury's still out on that, i'd say.

Fwiw - my Dolphins buddy didn't torture himself with the whole game, but he made it beyond halftime. He had a lot of unpleasant things to say about Baker's performance.

Good call guy. He had a monster game yesterday. Again you've added nothing of substance. Did the guy pork your wife or something?
He had a 'monster game' in a 43-0 loss. A week after a 59-10 loss. He was painfully average in college. By all means, ride the wave as long as he is getting snaps because those are the most important thing in our game. Just don't leave yourself in a situation to have the rug snatched out from under you. Prepare as if he gets replaced sooner rather than later and hope you don't need to go to that plan B.

He had a 'monster game' in a 43-0 loss. A week after a 59-10 loss. He was painfully average in college. By all means, ride the wave as long as he is getting snaps because those are the most important thing in our game. Just don't leave yourself in a situation to have the rug snatched out from under you. Prepare as if he gets replaced sooner rather than later and hope you don't need to go to that plan B.
They might lose by 20-30 points every week for the next three years.

They might lose by 20-30 points every week for the next three years.
If they screw up this offseason they could but the expected tank arc is bottom out year one, get on track year two, then start competing year three. With all of the assets and cap space already at their disposal they can replace whoever they want to March and April. They will try to add more too.

you Buckeye fans are so spoiled, I remember him making some pivotal plays in "The Game." The offense is horrid, if he stays healthy he is on track for 160 tackles, w/ Alonso gone, there is no real replacement. Baker is solid start for IDP all season long, he might not be viable long term in dynasty, but this year he is going to  be on he field a lot.

you Buckeye fans are so spoiled, I remember him making some pivotal plays in "The Game." The offense is horrid, if he stays healthy he is on track for 160 tackles, w/ Alonso gone, there is no real replacement. Baker is solid start for IDP all season long, he might not be viable long term in dynasty, but this year he is going to  be on he field a lot.
I'm not a Buckeye fan. I hate the Buckeyes. But living where I live I obviously get exposed to a lot of them. And he wasn't good. If you have the LB depth I'd consider dangling him out there on the market to see what sort of compensation you can get for him. I didn't think I'd get this much resistance to Baker here, but since I am it tells me there are buyers. It's a tough move because he's in a situation in which he could be a top 10 LB this year (and this year > future years), but this asset has an expiration date.

Saw on a Jaguars forum that Quincy Williams looked really good this week. Getting a lot of praise from their fans. He posted 9 total and 6 solo stops, so not a bad day at all from a fantasy perspective.

Saw on a Jaguars forum that Quincy Williams looked really good this week. Getting a lot of praise from their fans. He posted 9 total and 6 solo stops, so not a bad day at all from a fantasy perspective.
He was impressive all camp til hurt but was expected to get starting gog back for week 1. Sounds like he's rounding into form now. Definitely add if available. Decent chance he is in redraft b/c he was banged up most of preseason. I could use him going beast mode. 

I feel like Myles Jack is pretty consistently overrated going into seasons, and his weekly and ROS rankings are pretty much always way too generous considering how inconsistent he is.

Tavai showed up in the box score more in Week 2 after the sack in week 1. Hoping with the return of Davis soon that his snaps will remain relatively the same (69% and 71%, respectively) and eventually increase over time. Really think he may be the guy to own in Detroit. 

I can’t waste a spot on Okereke for a spot start, if he gets it. I’d be dropping a better long term piece to see what he does on my bench. He could very well slide in for a concusses Leonard and pop a big one but will probably be relegated to the bench the following week. Not ready to take over a Walker role this early either.

I feel like Myles Jack is pretty consistently overrated going into seasons, and his weekly and ROS rankings are pretty much always way too generous considering how inconsistent he is.
Well, in prior years Telvin was the one eating. This year he was kicked out of game one, concussed last night, and put up a good showing in between.

I read that Ryan Connelly wore the dot for the Giants.  Ogletree at risk of becoming irrelevant. Sam Eguavoen finally made a few tackles in a supportive game flow.  Mark Barron, meanwhile, played 100% of snaps against the 49ers, who ran like 49 times, and managed one whole tackle. 

I read that Ryan Connelly wore the dot for the Giants.  Ogletree at risk of becoming irrelevant. Sam Eguavoen finally made a few tackles in a supportive game flow.  Mark Barron, meanwhile, played 100% of snaps against the 49ers, who ran like 49 times, and managed one whole tackle. 
Ugh, don't remind me. I saw the trends heading that way and thought this matchup would be gold. I was watching the line play more and just assumed he was back there making tackles when Minkah and Bush weren't making plays. Nnnope.

Ugh, don't remind me. I saw the trends heading that way and thought this matchup would be gold. I was watching the line play more and just assumed he was back there making tackles when Minkah and Bush weren't making plays. Nnnope.
Barron is giving about 50% effort at the moment, if that. He's a travesty out there and a real risk of getting benched you'd have to think. 

Shout out to Shaq Thompson. Guy has been fantastic through the first few weeks so far. Nice to see a young guy thrive once he's given a full time role.
I had him in my lineup and changed it this morning, but that won’t happen again. I love that they bring him on the blitz.

saintfool said:
Connelly looks to be done for the year with an ACL injury. 5 tackles, sack, forced fumble, and pass defensed on the day.  *sigh*
Yeah, that's a bummer - he looked promising.  He's on a defense likely to be on the field and he appeared to have a nose for the ball.  Hopefully he can get back healthy in time for next season.

TheCenci said:
Shout out to Shaq Thompson. Guy has been fantastic through the first few weeks so far. Nice to see a young guy thrive once he's given a full time role.
Especially when the player is blocked for years.  You just don't see high draft picks forced to wait that long for a real break-out opportunity (unless they're busts).

What's fascinating is that Shaq is still moving all over the field - edge, slot, even a bit of wide corner.  He's not just a second guy in the box.  And he has roughly as many tackles as Kuechly to date.

Is it just me or are there a surprising large number of tackles being awarded across the league lately, with the Panthers-Texans game Exhibit 'A?"

Onwuasor's run as 3-down LB might be over.

Tony Jefferson wore the green dot last sunday, the Ravens signed LJ Ford and they hosted Mason Foster, Vincent Rey and Bynes today.

This could become a mega platoon like the Chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread