What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NCAA Tourney Thread: Nation has to watch Virginia again (1 Viewer)

I'm not watching yet, because I'm stuck at work.  But the Big Dance is the only time I find bench guys doing ridiculous stuff acceptable.  Except the "Hold 'em back, boys!"  That's when everyone gets excited and one guy puts his arms out to act like he's holding everyone back from rushing the court.  And I only don't like him, because I feel like he's not acting, but actually thinking he's helping.  

And it's always some tall, lanky white guy.  With pimples.  God, I hate him.  :angry:
Not sure who was actually doing the air guitar, but the Gophers have a 6'8" 260 lb bench guy (not white) that leads their bench cheerleading.  While the rehearsed skits after certain plays are a little over the top, I have grown to appreciate exhuberant bench warmers.  Having coach youth traveling basketball for many year, I would have given my left arm for a bench that ever was invested in the game when they weren't on the floor.  The energy, when sincere and not shtick, is contageous.

Oof.  Wide open in the corner for a game-winner and airballs it by three feet.  I'm guessing that doesn't make the One Shining Moment montage at the end of the tourney.

Who feels worse? Guy who passed up a tying layup or guy who missed 2/3 FT?
Gotta be the guy who passed up the layup. It's not like the FT shooter choked and airballed or something, both the misses were close. The second miss was halfway down.  Layup guy, OTOH ...

Tom Izzo should turn down the bid the next time he gets a 2 seed.
It’s amazing he’s still considered some sort of tournament genius. If they lose this, he’ll have a 4-year run of underachievement that nobody will ever come close to matching.

What is the protocol for openly discussing tourney games in office cubicals?  Should you have discretion in case someone is trying to be in the cone of silence and watch a taped game later?
I think it's wrong for someone to ask you not to talk about it.  But if they did, I'd probably respect their request.

What is the protocol for openly discussing tourney games in office cubicals?  Should you have discretion in case someone is trying to be in the cone of silence and watch a taped game later?
Laugh.

I've been calling my co-workers into my office all afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Zion in town I'm considering going down to the CLA tomorrow. I hear the open practices today were crazy. What kind of ticket prices would I be looking at for say Loe Miss/Oklahoma in the early game. From what I hear the Duke tickets are more than I want to pay. 

Also, does anyone know what kind of fanfest they have. I may go check some of that out as well if it's worth it. 

Thanks for any advice. 

With Zion in town I'm considering going down to the CLA tomorrow. I hear the open practices today were crazy. What kind of ticket prices would I be looking at for say Loe Miss/Oklahoma in the early game. From what I hear the Duke tickets are more than I want to pay. 

Also, does anyone know what kind of fanfest they have. I may go check some of that out as well if it's worth it. 

Thanks for any advice. 
I don't have any tickets this year, but in years past it's always been a session ticket.  So a ticket to Ole Miss vs. Oklahoma is also a ticket to UVA vs. Gardner-Webb - you can't get a ticket for one game without a ticket for the other.  Not sure if that helps, I have no idea the price or whether UVA is a massive draw there? 

I don't have any tickets this year, but in years past it's always been a session ticket.  So a ticket to Ole Miss vs. Oklahoma is also a ticket to UVA vs. Gardner-Webb - you can't get a ticket for one game without a ticket for the other.  Not sure if that helps, I have no idea the price or whether UVA is a massive draw there? 
That does help. Thanks.

I'm not watching yet, because I'm stuck at work.  But the Big Dance is the only time I find bench guys doing ridiculous stuff acceptable.  Except the "Hold 'em back, boys!"  That's when everyone gets excited and one guy puts his arms out to act like he's holding everyone back from rushing the court.  And I only don't like him, because I feel like he's not acting, but actually thinking he's helping.  

And it's always some tall, lanky white guy.  With pimples.  God, I hate him.  :angry:
Belmont seems to have several guys who can fill this role.  I’m gonna love this kid if given the chance.  (Sorry, Uruk)

~~~~~~▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~
▄▄██▌▌ DON'T BE RICHARDS ABOUT LOSING,
▄▄▄▌▐██▌.▌         LOUISVILLE FANS
███████▌.▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▘

It's tourney time! :excited:
Funny - but very painful...

Users who are viewing this thread