What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird side note. I kinda think this Laker coach is a good dude. He's pretty classy and intelligent at a minimum. So many of those dudes are smug with giant ego's. He seems alright. First time I ever paid attention to him. Was he a player?
Yep, he was...

With the Pacers for a while as I recall

Elite dunker
Sadly I’m old enough that my first thought was “didn’t he play for Texas Tech?”

Not sure I've ever seen a team get so dominated while playing well like is happening with the Lakers right now.
I wouldn’t say the Lakers are playing well - missing layups, can’t get a rebound, stupid passes. . .
Easily could have won any of these games.
No.
Hey stranger, good talk.
No talk needed, that is just nonsense, other than in the sense that any team has a chance to win a game it plays in.
Yeah, sure. You betcha.
Lakers were outplayed every time it mattered and the Nuggets imposed their will on them.
Thanks for your input. First Take is coming up next.
Ok. Love to you baby, gotta love we could have won all the games when his team gets swept guy.
Yes, I'm broken by the failure of a team I don't care about. Good call. I'm going to watch 5 Wilt games as penance.

There is about 1/4 of 1% chance LBJ is going to retire this season. There is about 99.75% chance that LBJ and the media want LBJ to be the story.
LeBron has talked for a long time about wanting to play with his son. It seems hard to believe that he would choose to retire when that possibility is so close now.
I don't see him retiring either. His talk during the press conference was likely just a guy dead tired from the season. After a couple of weeks he will feel better I bet.

The only slight possibility I see is that he "retires" for one season, and then joins Bronny's team if Bronny goes to the pros immediately (and this only works if the Lakers renounce his rights I think).

Whether he has to get surgery on his foot may factor into his choices as well.

There is about 1/4 of 1% chance LBJ is going to retire this season. There is about 99.75% chance that LBJ and the media want LBJ to be the story.
You Lebron haters are so tired man. This guy just put up 40 in the west finals at age 38. Try to appreciate the greatness, we’ll never see this again.

Both can be true. LeBron is unbelievable, but LeBron loves attention too.

Weird side note. I kinda think this Laker coach is a good dude. He's pretty classy and intelligent at a minimum. So many of those dudes are smug with giant ego's. He seems alright. First time I ever paid attention to him. Was he a player?
Dunk contest winner I think.

You Lebron haters are so tired man. This guy just put up 40 in the west finals at age 38. Try to appreciate the greatness, we’ll never see this again.

I guess. Seems like he just gave an honest answer to a question. He is almost 39.

LeBron has talked for a long time about wanting to play with his son. It seems hard to believe that he would choose to retire when that possibility is so close now.
While I agree, the nagging injuries are starting to pile up and he has to be questioning if he wants to deal with more and more injuries to keep going. He was an iron man for so long, but the little stuff is piling up now, and it won't get better as he nears 40.

The LeBron haters have been too dug in for too many years to turn back now. It's almost comical.

I guess. Seems like he just gave an honest answer to a question. He is almost 39.
Entering the Brett Farve phase of his career.

Weird article. Maybe he doesn’t want to play with AD anymore. Maybe he realizes Brony doesn’t belong in the NBA. Maybe he wants to put together a super team with Harden and Kyrie…….
no gym can handle the 3 egos at once.

I saw a clip of the Nuggets arena in Denver for tonight's game: it was sold out.

That's impressive.
Has anyone ever gone to one of these things? Seems like something I would never want to do. Pay concession prices and sit in uncomfortable seats only to just watch the jumbotron?
The people who go to these don't go to watch on the jumbotron, they go to be with a ton of other like minded fans to cheer as a community I think. It is hard to replicate 20000 people cheering with you from your couch by yourself.

That can be true too

I think he gave a calculated answer. I don't believe he has any intention of retiring. He wants to play with his kid and barring some significant injury he will do it.

Dunk contest winner I think.
No, at least not the NBA dunk contest, but he was known for dunking.

I think he gave a calculated answer. I don't believe he has any intention of retiring. He wants to play with his kid and barring some significant injury he will do it.

I don't follow it that closely but is he kid going to be good enough to play in the NBA? I only ask because I actually watched him play 2-3 years ago in Alabama at a tournament my son played in. He was just a guy then and didn't look on any level to be a future NBA prospect. I know these kids grow a bunch and blossom so maybe I just haven't paid attention but I remember watching him thinking no way he plays high level ball.

I saw a clip of the Nuggets arena in Denver for tonight's game: it was sold out.

That's impressive.
Has anyone ever gone to one of these things? Seems like something I would never want to do. Pay concession prices and sit in uncomfortable seats only to just watch the jumbotron?
The people who go to these don't go to watch on the jumbotron, they go to be with a ton of other like minded fans to cheer as a community I think. It is hard to replicate 20000 people cheering with you from your couch by yourself.
:shrug:

Not my jam

Getting swept in a series is tough. No surprise LeBron would want time to think about things when asked questions immediately afterwards. Seems like a non-story.

Defrauding a state for millions of dollars?

Like him or hate him James will be 39 next season. No doubt he can still play but at what cost? If he thinks Lakers can win one more time he will return, if not maybe he will retire. With old players the falloff can happen fast.

Came out on fire with 31 points first half, only 9 in second half. Seem obvious now that Davis is a good player but not Batmans Robin. At James age Lakers need another star, and better role players. Tough to do.

James will have a difficult time retiring and not being the center of attention in the NBA so my bet is he returns.

I don't follow it that closely but is he kid going to be good enough to play in the NBA? I only ask because I actually watched him play 2-3 years ago in Alabama at a tournament my son played in. He was just a guy then and didn't look on any level to be a future NBA prospect. I know these kids grow a bunch and blossom so maybe I just haven't paid attention but I remember watching him thinking no way he plays high level ball.

It'll likely happen for the entertainment value

Not due to talent and skills

I got to see him play last year at a tournament. He was unimpressive and some dolts in the crowd did an "overrated" chant (not OK with HS kids, IMO).

At that point he absolutely didn't belong on an NBA court. Heck, I don't think he is even a high level college player. He still has some time to improve his game, but he may be better off as an Instagram celebrity than an actual basketball player. I saw someone posted his Prom photo on twitter last week.

I got to see him play last year at a tournament. He was unimpressive and some dolts in the crowd did an "overrated" chant (not OK with HS kids, IMO).

At that point he absolutely didn't belong on an NBA court. Heck, I don't think he is even a high level college player. He still has some time to improve his game, but he may be better off as an Instagram celebrity than an actual basketball player. I saw someone posted his Prom photo on twitter last week.

He’s literally a 5-star that every big program recruited.

I don’t know if he’s an nba player but he’s not out of place in those conversations. Most think he’s a one and done in college.

From what I’ve read, Bronny really improved his shooting and especially his playmaking this season and made a jump into being considered a top prospect going into college. He made some big strides compared to last year.

Defrauding a state for millions of dollars?
That's comes post actual retirement.

I don’t know if he’s an nba player but he’s not out of place in those conversations. Most think he’s a one and done in college.
From what I’ve read, Bronny really improved his shooting and especially his playmaking this season and made a jump into being considered a top prospect going into college. He made some big strides compared to last year.
Cool, sounds like he has improved his game.

It was 2021-2022 season when I saw him play (January 2022) and he was a Sophomore that year, so definitely had some time to get better and sounds like he has done that.

that's overstating it a little bit, but he has certainly continued to grow in people's estimation. He seems to be considered a legit pick somewhere in the first round. I have no idea how good he actually is, but just from following the scouts and articles, it seems like his stock has continually risen over the past few years.

it's the only way that fans in the denver area can see the game

No kidding?
Wait is that still true, even for playoff games? I knew that their games weren't televised locally for a long stretch, but had kind of assumed that got resolved eventually and am surprised to hear that it would be true for playoff games as well.

Cool, sounds like he has improved his game.

It was 2021-2022 season when I saw him play (January 2022) and he was a Sophomore that year, so definitely had some time to get better and sounds like he has done that.

I watched him in 2019 - so not fair to judge him on that but at the time I thought there’s nothing about him that even hinted at a pro prospect. But with those genes, the coaching I’m sure he gets and hard work I’m not surprised he’s made such big strides. Think it would be cool to see the two of them play together.

Exactly! This guy just put up 40 in the west finals…. He’s not retiring. He knows it, you know it, we all know it.

He’s an all time great, I still have him behind Jordan at number 2. He’s kept himself out of trouble and appears to be a decent family guy. He does like attention and knows exactly what he is saying and to who he is saying to!

that's overstating it a little bit, but he has certainly continued to grow in people's estimation. He seems to be considered a legit pick somewhere in the first round. I have no idea how good he actually is, but just from following the scouts and articles, it seems like his stock has continually risen over the past few years.
How am I overstating it? He is a five-star. He’s not a Scoot Henderson level five-star but still an elite player.

I’ve seen a lot of Marcus Smart comps. Apparently he’s a very very good defensive player.

No kidding?
Wait is that still true, even for playoff games? I knew that their games weren't televised locally for a long stretch, but had kind of assumed that got resolved eventually and am surprised to hear that it would be true for playoff games as well.
The regular season is still not televised on most Denver-area cable systems, as far as I know. But I was kind of making a joke about that. I'm pretty sure that nationally televised games are available, which would include the playoff games.

How am I overstating it? He is a five-star. He’s not a Scoot Henderson level five-star but still an elite player.

I’ve seen a lot of Marcus Smart comps. Apparently he’s a very very good defensive player.
I think he's closer to a 4-star who has been elevated to 5 star recently. Not trying to pick nits, just think that a 5-star recruit indicates a level that is slightly above where Bronny is. I agree that he is well-regarded and will be a one and done and will likely be a first-round pick.

I remember Ham when he played for the Pistons, he was an end of the bench guy. Career average was about 2.5 PPG but he hung around for a few years in the league. Those guys who don`t play much can study the actual game more than starters and become good coaches.

Take the whole 4 star or 5 star rating with a grain of salt. Players can move up the rankings because of their name, or what school they commit too.

I also have never seen him play so.

From what I understand, he would be closer to an end of the first, beginning of the second round type talent in most years but next year's draft is especially weak. Givony has him as a borderline lotto pick in the draft and is more of a 3-D combo guard with plus athleticism and smarts but a little undersized (for a 2) without real PG skills. Kinda sounds like a smaller version of somebody like KCP.

No kidding?
The regular season is still not televised on most Denver-area cable systems, as far as I know. But I was kind of making a joke about that. I'm pretty sure that nationally televised games are available, which would include the playoff games.
DirecTV carries Altitude but Comcast (and maybe Dish) don't - there is no other major providers available even though Denver is home to Spectrum's HQ. It's ****ing bonkers that as great as the Nuggets and Avs have been, only something like 20% of the state has access to watch either regularly. Nationally televised games are all available though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread