What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Yeah, it probably will, but I can't justify planning anything involving a transatlantic flight on the assumption prices will drop. That, and Vegas hotel prices over a game day weekend will be eye watering
During the Dolphin game last year there was a lot going on with several evehts that weekend... IIRC a big boxing or MMA fight, Knights (hockey) game, a couple of conventions and a few other things... apparently it was a busy weekend even for Vegas standards. Hotel prices weren't that bad (Just don't do Excalibur). 

Yeah, I did do a quick reccy on the aggregator sites for a weekend of a non high profile home game and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it might be, especially if looking downtown. Still doesn't seem viable in 2022 for me, hoping for 2023

Raiders working out Kaepernick today.
If he can still play, I’m 100% fine with signing him. Dude deserves a 2nd chance if he can be a quality back up, and he was at the tip of the spear to help expose some very important social/societal issues (imho, of course) so I’d be happy for a team like the Raiders to sign him. 

If he can still play, I’m 100% fine with signing him. Dude deserves a 2nd chance if he can be a quality back up, and he was at the tip of the spear to help expose some very important social/societal issues (imho, of course) so I’d be happy for a team like the Raiders to sign him. 
I don't care about his second chances. I don't care about the politics. I care about the team. This is my team. I care about us winning. 

The reality is that he will bring drama. Like it or not, whether it should or not, that is a fact. I can't believe that are even considering it after the year we just came out of which was pretty much an all time Mt. Rushmore of team drama for any team of any sport. 

So... it has to be more in my eyes. He was clearly on his way out of being a starter in the league before all the drama. If not for all of the drama, I think he would have spent the last few years riding the bench of a team hoping for a second chance or a career resurrection like Tannehill or Mariota. 

He is a back up for us obviously. NO hope of starting unless Carr gets hurt. He has already made a statement along the lines of being a starter and how it was worded already seemed to line up how he will be a victim of whatever if not given it. 

I question if he is even capable of being a good back up now after being out of the league so long and what his talent level was. He is a slightly more accurate version of Tebow but not as dangerous a runner and with about a tenth of the charisma and leadership ability. Is a questionably decent back up QB worth drama? No. Not in my view. Is it worth a potential PR look at us? I guess. 

If there is one move that I would hate out of all the possible moves we could do... this is high on the list if not on top of the list. 

I don't care about his second chances. I don't care about the politics. I care about the team. This is my team. I care about us winning. 

The reality is that he will bring drama. Like it or not, whether it should or not, that is a fact. I can't believe that are even considering it after the year we just came out of which was pretty much an all time Mt. Rushmore of team drama for any team of any sport. 

So... it has to be more in my eyes. He was clearly on his way out of being a starter in the league before all the drama. If not for all of the drama, I think he would have spent the last few years riding the bench of a team hoping for a second chance or a career resurrection like Tannehill or Mariota. 

He is a back up for us obviously. NO hope of starting unless Carr gets hurt. He has already made a statement along the lines of being a starter and how it was worded already seemed to line up how he will be a victim of whatever if not given it. 

I question if he is even capable of being a good back up now after being out of the league so long and what his talent level was. He is a slightly more accurate version of Tebow but not as dangerous a runner and with about a tenth of the charisma and leadership ability. Is a questionably decent back up QB worth drama? No. Not in my view. Is it worth a potential PR look at us? I guess. 

If there is one move that I would hate out of all the possible moves we could do... this is high on the list if not on top of the list. 
mark davis brings drama, who gives a #### at this point. our motto is just win baby, i don’t care if we brought in lebron james as a back up at this point, if Carr goes down we need the best option to win no matter who it is

The Raiders are building a good solid unit,the last thing we need is a divided fan base because of one player who`s been outa the game for some time now . Looks like a publicity stunt to me ...bad publicity. 

mark davis brings drama, who gives a #### at this point. our motto is just win baby, i don’t care if we brought in lebron james as a back up at this point, if Carr goes down we need the best option to win no matter who it is
Come on... you are a leader yourself. Tell me that it doesn't hurt the team, be it sports or any other team, to have some drama going on within the ranks of the team. 

He wasn't good to begin with and that was 5 years ago. 

59.8%

66.7%

Which do you prefer in completion percentage? 

If the players loves him, I love him.

Don't care about drama if McDaniels says yes, I'm in.

Come on... you are a leader yourself. Tell me that it doesn't hurt the team, be it sports or any other team, to have some drama going on within the ranks of the team. 

59.8%

66.7%

Ooooooohhh...numbers out of context in a vacuum.

Remind everyone of the dominant Chip Kelly era while you're at it.

Mediocre enough to lead a team to an NFC Championship & Super Bowl caliber QB.

59.8%

66.7%

houston, seattle, carolina and maybe even Miami are teams that he should probably be starting at over their current QB’s which means as a backup here he has value: the league is thin in accomplished NFL qbs who can manage/win games 

Ooooooohhh...numbers out of context in a vacuum.

Remind everyone of the dominant Chip Kelly era while you're at it.

Mediocre enough to lead a team to an NFC Championship & Super Bowl caliber QB.
60%

62.4%

58.4%

60.5%

59%

59.2%

Only one of those years is with Chip. 

I think you just exposed your agenda more than proved a point. 

He is who he is and that was 5 years ago!

houston, seattle, carolina and maybe even Miami are teams that he should probably be starting at over their current QB’s which means as a backup here he has value: the league is thin in accomplished NFL qbs who can manage/win games 
Maybe 5 years ago he could compete for those teams... MAYBE. And maybe is being generous. 

He regressed while playing. While playing. Again.... 5 years he has not played! 

2 winning seasons... 1 even season.... 2 losing seasons. 28-30 Lifetime. 

We might as well call Tebow for a try out too.  :lmao:

Maybe 5 years ago he could compete for those teams... MAYBE. And maybe is being generous. 

He regressed while playing. While playing. Again.... 5 years he has not played! 

2 winning seasons... 1 even season.... 2 losing seasons. 28-30 Lifetime. 

We might as well call Tebow for a try out too.  :lmao:
Careful with those win loss stats. Carr doesn’t do well there. :pickle:   :lmao:  

it’s a workout  he hasn’t been signed  if he does get signed, then we can freak out  

60%

62.4%

58.4%

60.5%

59%

59.2%

Only one of those years is with Chip. 

I think you just exposed your agenda more than proved a point. 

He is who he is and that was 5 years ago!
Agenda? Wtf are you talking about? 

Sorry you hate Kaepernick so much but you seem blinded to the reality that the Raider backup QBs are terrible, anything that can improve that group should be embraced. If McDaniels says Kaep is makes the QB room better, so be it. That's my agenda.

Stick that in your agenda (he said with nothing but love, and a touch of annoyance, in his heart).

Carr haters are gonna blow a gasket if kap is signed. Sports center just posted these career stats.  Kap is on the left. 😂😂😂. What a #### show this will be. 

qbr 59-52

td-int 2.4-2.3

yrd/att 7.3-7.1. 

but I agree with Chaka. If the staff thinks he helps, bring it on. Carr has already proven 10fold that he can handle most anything. 

Kaep without the drama and distraction I would take in a heartbeat as a backup QB. But drama and distraction is by far the majority of what he'd bring to this otherwise seemingly rising team.

Hard pass.

That said, we live in the age of woke and Mark Davis is woker than woke, so get your Kaepercorn and your Crappernick jokes readied.

He wasn't a starting caliber QB five years ago.  And we wasn't out of the league just because he knelt for the anthem.  He was out of the league also because of the media firestorm that surrounded it and he wasn't good enough to be worth the headache of having him on a roster.  No team/organization/head coach wants to be answering tons of questions that have nothing to do with football and have a circus around the team because of their backup QB.  He is also not a typical QB and does not fit in every team's offense.  And he had an opportunity to maybe get back in the league a few years ago and he sabotaged it himself.

Is he marginally better than Stidham/Mullens are now after not being all that good to begin with and now being out of the league for five years?  Maybe. 

Is he willing to come in and just be a backup QB and not a distraction?  I'm highly skeptical.

There is very little upside to signing him and just not worth the drama.  

Agenda? Wtf are you talking about? 

Sorry you hate Kaepernick so much but you seem blinded to the reality that the Raider backup QBs are terrible, anything that can improve that group should be embraced. If McDaniels says Kaep is makes the QB room better, so be it. That's my agenda.

Stick that in your agenda (he said with nothing but love, and a touch of annoyance, in his heart).
I provide stats and you deflect with blaming Chip when clearly 59.8% is not an aberration from one bad year with one coach but he consistently is a 59% thrower with a little better or a little worse in his career. 

I'm all for Kaep getting a second look.  Don't like the way the league handled him one bit.  Good for Davis for stepping out off the line and giving him a workout. 

But please don't sign him. 

This thread can be used as an example of what signing him would be.  A distraction.  A fan base torn.  Not needed for a new GM, new Coach, and a new opportunity in a stacked AFC.   

In the 2011 draft, my biggest wish, the only thing I knew I wanted from it, was that he would fall to us in the 2nd round. I was seriously bummed we didn't get the chance to draft him. He showed progression at Utah (from being a sub 60% passer his college career to his senior year of being mid 60's) and of course the running ability. 

Fast forward to the SB. I told everyone going into the SB that the Niners were going to lose. Both teams had got to the SB based on their defenses and the Ravens had the better defense. At the time, my view on the Kaep was that he wasn't ready. The Niners lost and Kaep wasn't the reason they lost but his INT didn't help for sure, he otherwise played pretty well. 

Without progression, he wasn't an NFL starting QB but someone that you thought could develop into a starting QB with the running ability and strong arm. He regressed. He got benched. 

I personally think that the kneeling was not for of activism but that he was pouting for being on the bench and when called out came up with the activism angle to seem more grown up. People don't tend to have no history of activism and then all of a sudden decide to do something that far against the grain like that. Of course, I have no way of proving that so it is just my personal opinion. 

As a QB that was getting worse and not better with sub starting player level of play that wasn't getting better but getting worse and now the added drama (which infected the whole NFL) it makes sense you don't want a backup level QB on your team to cause problems. 

Regardless, the biggest issue here is that he has been out of the NFL for 5 years. He was regressing while getting starter reps in practice and game time. Not being in football for 5 years will accelerate the regression. He likely still has a strong arm and can look good throwing to wide open guys running routes unopposed with no pass rush or decisions to make but 5 years out of the league for a guy who was not getting better when getting all the snaps you can get. On top of that, though 34 isn't exceptionally old for a QB, it is older for a QB who is not a pocket passer but whose strength was their legs. The fact that he hasn't had any hits over the last 5 years actually works in his favor here as the chances are good he hasn't lost a step from wear and tear of actually playing football. 

I can't see the benefit here for a backup to a QB who have proven to be reliable and there is a whole lot of downside with guaranteed drama. It makes no sense. 

For what it's worth... (At least it's news!!)

For the OTAs, the following players carried new position designations:
Nate Hobbs : S
Dylan Parham : G
Kyler Fackrell : LB
Clelin Ferrell : DL

Hobbs is shocking to me. I am very curious about this. He was on fire as a slot CB. I thought they wouod give him a look see as an outside CB if anything. If you are making a move to traditional Safety rolls then ge translates to a FS. Does that move Moehrig to SS? Then Abram to that hybrid LB/S roll that has become more popular? Very, very, very interesting and curious.

Parhsm and Fackrell are expected. 

I think Cle could have a resurgence with the Raiders because he can be very flexible and these regime loves flexibility over anything else. He can play a DE in a 43 or 34 and DT in a 43 alignment. I think Graham will love him. 

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2022/5/26/23143184/raiders-news-alex-leatherwood-tackle

Second-year offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood was working with the tackles Thursday. He, of course, was the No. 17 overall draft pick last year as a right tackle. But early in the season, after struggling, he was moved to guard. McDaniels indicated that Leatherwood has been bouncing around. It is my guess, Leatherwood will be given a chance to start at right tackle this season.
Some fans were in a tizzy Thursday when the OTA roster was tweeted and second-year cornerback Nate Hobbs was listed as a safety. Don’t fret. It was at typo. Hobbs was practicing at cornerback.

It`s crazy on social media (FB and Twitter)

It seems if you dont like the idea of a distraction like Kap on the team that you are there for Racist 

The world really sucks right now

It`s crazy on social media (FB and Twitter)

It seems if you dont like the idea of a distraction like Kap on the team that you are there for Racist 

The world really sucks right now
I don't care if he is playing in the NFL or not. I just don't want him on the Raiders. If he was actually good back when he played or at least showed progression and hadn't been out of football for 5 years then I would be interested for the Raiders. But he isn't very good. He has been out of football for 5 years. And he will bring drama. It isn't worth it. 

Unfortunately, in the world we live in today if you don't think or believe or say or do what others do then you easily get labeled with some ism or phobia or whatever else to make them feel morally superior and you are a horrible person and whether you really are a ism or phobia is irrelevant. 

Consider: While Las Vegas currently has just more than $6 million in salary-cap space, per ESPN Stats & Information -- only five teams have less -- relief is coming next week. Because with the June 1 designations applied to the March 16 releases of defensive end Carl Nassib and linebacker Cory Littleton, the Raiders will be getting an additional $19.8 million in salary cap space. As a measuring stick, only four teams had more than $20 million in total cap space entering this week.

So with cap space and needs coming to a head, what will the Raiders, under new management with general manager Dave Ziegler and coach Josh McDaniels, do? What should they do?

Keep in mind, the Raiders have already doled out some major money this offseason, the $233.565-plus million in cash spent accounted for the 11th most in the NFL.

Ndamukong Suh among players Las Vegas Raiders could consider with June 1 cap relief

Hoping for reasonable new deals for Waller, Renfrow, Suh. These guys are studs. You sign the studs. Suh at 35 is still a stud.

Raiders DT Corps w/Suh...

3T - Suh, Nichols, rookie Butler

1T - Hankins, Suh, rookie Farrell

Edge...

Crosby, Jones, Koonce, C. Farrell, Fackrel

I like the DT group a lot more with Suh than without - especially if you intend to switch 3-4 to 4-3 and back on the fly.

Edge...

I like the DT group a lot more with Suh than without - especially if you intend to switch 3-4 to 4-3 and back on the fly.
Suh is Raider mean and a space eater ,great fit

Edge...

It is being reported that they are engaged in ongoing negotiations so you might your wish. 

A Crosby, Suh, Nichols, Jones front in nickel/dime passing looks should get some pressure on opposing QB's. 

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Tampa Bay Buccaneers are signing veteran defensive lineman Akiem Hicks to a one-year deal with a maximum value of $10 million, per a league source.

1:52 PM · May 31, 2022

Hmmmmmm🙏

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Tampa Bay Buccaneers are signing veteran defensive lineman Akiem Hicks to a one-year deal with a maximum value of $10 million, per a league source.

1:52 PM · May 31, 2022

Hmmmmmm🙏
Greatly increases the chances of Suh. It likely depends on how much $$$ he wants 

I’m definitely going to a game this year for those that have been is it better to stay near the stadium and walk lot stay central on the strip and wait out the uber lines?

Raiders QB Derek Carr ranked among best deep passers during 2021 season

Derek Carr had arguably the best season in his career in 2021, throwing for nearly 5,000 yards and leading the Raiders to the playoffs. It wasn’t always easy, but he made the plays to get them in a position to win games.

One way that Carr stood out last year compared to his peers was due to his deep passing ability. On a number of occasions, he connected on deep throws, including one to Zay Jones to beat the Ravens in Week 1. He had another against Pittsburgh in Week 2 to Henry Ruggs that allowed them to upset the Steelers.

So where does Carr rank among the best downfield passers in the league? In a recent article by Nick Shook and the NFL’s Next Gen Stats, he ranked the top 10 deep passers in the NFL from the 2021 season. Not surprisingly, Carr was on the list, coming in at No. 9. Here is what Shook had to say about his 2021 season:

“In the face of persistent hardship, Carr stood tall in the pocket, racking up 806 deep passing yards from inside the tackle box. Against the blitz, Carr completed 50 percent of his deep pass attempts for the most deep passing yards (420) on such attempts in the NFL.

He was one of just six qualified quarterbacks in the NFL to post a completion percentage of 50 or better on such attempts and tied for the most touchdowns with four. His CPOE of 15.8 in this area was the fifth-highest in the league.”

Carr has always been one of the best deep-ball quarterbacks in the NFL, so it will be fascinating to see how he fits in Josh McDaniels’ offense that relies more on quick throws and precision.

Still, expect the Raiders to take plenty of shots down the field again in 2022 as Carr has proven that he is among the best in the NFL at connecting on throws over 30+ yards.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/01/raiders-qb-derek-carr-ranked-among-best-deep-passers-during-2021-season/?taid=62976b25f662cd0001dd6136&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Raiders QB Derek Carr ranked among best deep passers during 2021 season

Derek Carr had arguably the best season in his career in 2021, throwing for nearly 5,000 yards and leading the Raiders to the playoffs. It wasn’t always easy, but he made the plays to get them in a position to win games.

One way that Carr stood out last year compared to his peers was due to his deep passing ability. On a number of occasions, he connected on deep throws, including one to Zay Jones to beat the Ravens in Week 1. He had another against Pittsburgh in Week 2 to Henry Ruggs that allowed them to upset the Steelers.

So where does Carr rank among the best downfield passers in the league? In a recent article by Nick Shook and the NFL’s Next Gen Stats, he ranked the top 10 deep passers in the NFL from the 2021 season. Not surprisingly, Carr was on the list, coming in at No. 9. Here is what Shook had to say about his 2021 season:

“In the face of persistent hardship, Carr stood tall in the pocket, racking up 806 deep passing yards from inside the tackle box. Against the blitz, Carr completed 50 percent of his deep pass attempts for the most deep passing yards (420) on such attempts in the NFL.

He was one of just six qualified quarterbacks in the NFL to post a completion percentage of 50 or better on such attempts and tied for the most touchdowns with four. His CPOE of 15.8 in this area was the fifth-highest in the league.”

Carr has always been one of the best deep-ball quarterbacks in the NFL, so it will be fascinating to see how he fits in Josh McDaniels’ offense that relies more on quick throws and precision.

Still, expect the Raiders to take plenty of shots down the field again in 2022 as Carr has proven that he is among the best in the NFL at connecting on throws over 30+ yards.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/01/raiders-qb-derek-carr-ranked-among-best-deep-passers-during-2021-season/?taid=62976b25f662cd0001dd6136&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
nice article but the author forgot to imply that the Raiders are likely trying to trade him and move on to another QB. Sloppy reporting ;)  

I’m definitely going to a game this year for those that have been is it better to stay near the stadium and walk lot stay central on the strip and wait out the uber lines?
I’ll stay at the mandalay bay next time.  I was at the Mgm last year.  I don’t care about the strip 

Users who are viewing this thread