What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

The Chandler Jones contract is soooooo very bad. For 2023, if we cut him after June 1 it is $18 million in dead cap space. We save $1 million.

By the way, we will still have $23 million in dead cap for Littleton, Nassib, Drake, Leatherwood and Gillispie.

On a positive note, that cuts it down from $45 million in dead cap we have this year.

The Chandler Jones contract is soooooo very bad. For 2023, if we cut him after June 1 it is $18 million in dead cap space. We save $1 million.

By the way, we will still have $23 million in dead cap for Littleton, Nassib, Drake, Leatherwood and Gillispie.

On a positive note, that cuts it down from $45 million in dead cap we have this year.
Next year is not going to be pretty. Waller and Adams will be a year older and injuries are going to be more likely. Early draft picks were lost to obtain Adams and the lack of young talent will be evident on the field again. Hope LV has finally learned their lesson and quits trying to add 30 year old players as band aids to a team that is talent depleted team. This team is run by morons.

I'm not smart enough to go figure out if this is true or not... But the guy has a checkmark on Twitter so I'm inclined to believe him (hahaha) ...

From Paul Hembekides (@paulhembo):
The League owns a 107.0 passer rating vs the Raiders this season.
For Context, Patrick Mahomes is the NFL's all-time leader, at 105.8.

And as a friendly reminder, they have faced the following QBs as of late; Matt Ryan, Trevor Lawrence, Andy Dalton, Davis Mills, and Russell Wilson (the 2022 version)...

Next year is not going to be pretty. Waller and Adams will be a year older and injuries are going to be more likely. Early draft picks were lost to obtain Adams and the lack of young talent will be evident on the field again. Hope LV has finally learned their lesson and quits trying to add 30 year old players as band aids to a team that is talent depleted team. This team is run by morons.
At least we have all our draft picks next season and looks like as of right now we are in line for the 2nd overall pick, thats the only silver lining i can see

Couple of Mark Davis quotes over the past few days.
“I like Josh, I think he’s doing a fantastic job!”
“Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
Raider rebuilds are more common than Leap Years.
I’d like to call him clueless but that would be too kind.

Snagged this from the PixSix email today... some food for thought...

If you're going to listen to just one episode of the Pick Six podcast every week, then you should definitely make sure that you're listening every Thursday, because that's when Brady Quinn joins the show. For today's episode, the former first-round pick chatted with Ryan Wilson, including a preview of tonight's game and whether the Commanders should keep starting Taylor Heinicke.​
Quinn also talked about the current situation in Las Vegas with Josh McDaniels. Brady actually played for McDaniels back in 2010 and he had a positive experience.​
"I learned a lot from him," Quinn said. "The way he called plays and how he diagrammed things up. I would put him up against anyone as far as his offensive acumen and his ability to put up stats, numbers, drives, whatever you want. He has the ability to put that up."​
Quinn also thinks the Raiders would be crazy to fire McDaniels after just nine games.​
"I think it's going to take some time before they get this organization to where they want or need it to be," Brady said. "I think last year, because they overachieved, it makes this year look bad, but I'm still buying what this team is capable of being and I think what they will be in the future. I think if you hit the panic button now, you make a mistake."​

I like the last two posts and appreciate the optimism, but...

There is the very real possibility that Mark Davis is an asset-rich *****, and yet a cash-poor whore.
Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke seemingly confirmed Florio’s conjecture Tuesday on ESPN’s Around the Horn. “I’m saying right now: Josh McDaniels will be the coach this year and next year,” said Plaschke. “Raiders don’t have the money to fire him, to pay him off. They’re cash-poor.”

I like the last two posts and appreciate the optimism, but...

There is the very real possibility that Mark Davis is an asset-rich *****, and yet a cash-poor whore.
Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke seemingly confirmed Florio’s conjecture Tuesday on ESPN’s Around the Horn. “I’m saying right now: Josh McDaniels will be the coach this year and next year,” said Plaschke. “Raiders don’t have the money to fire him, to pay him off. They’re cash-poor.”

I'd be more inclined to believe this if a.) it wasn't from Bill Plashcke, b.) the team was still in Oakland, and c.) Davis didn't recently purchase another professional sports team.
The value of an NFL team alone would allow Davis to become as liquid as needed in no time flat. Paying out McDaniels salary isn't stopping Davis from making a move. Maybe his ego is, but not his wallet.

And even if you have all the money in the world, do you really want to to pay 2 people a lot of money, to do nothing and then pay a 3rd to do the job? And if it was Sean Payton, that would be another huge outlay.

And even if you have all the money in the world, do you really want to to pay 2 people a lot of money, to do nothing and then pay a 3rd to do the job? And if it was Sean Payton, that would be another huge outlay.
Focus on collecting young talent. Keep Josh through next season. If things aren’t working out, move on.

Despite the win I’ve never seen a team overcome so many 3rd and longs in my whole life. I swear they’re trying to lose and accidentally win sometimes

Beat our bitter rival. Nice.

They still look like crap overall. Fine with them losing out (while trying hard and showing grit)

Beat our bitter rival. Nice.

They still look like crap overall. Fine with them losing out (while trying hard and showing grit)
I don’t want them to quit and I don’t expect most of the team to fight until the end. I’m hoping for some losses though. I want a good team on the field in a couple of years that is expected to win more than they lose.

Offense:
Total giveaways- 7 (#1)
Fumbles- 2 (tied #1)
INT- 3 (tied #3)

Defense:
Total takeaways- 6 (#32)
Fumbles recovered- 3 (tied #30)
Interceptions- 3 (tied #30)

Josh Jacobs (ankle) is questionable for Week 12 against the Seahawks. Jacobs was surprisingly added to the injury report with an ankle issue on Friday.

Not sure why this is surprising, hes been carrying this offense on his back all season​

the defense sucks because all the money was spent on offense. the offense needs to keep the D off the field and score touchdowns. they really got shutout by the saints defense, there is no excuse for that. making bad defenses look good when the league favors offense :poop:

Which would you prefer as Raiders fan in 2023:
Scenario 1: Pay Jacobs, keep Waller, trade Renfrow
Scenario 2: Pay Jacobs, keep Renfrow, trade Waller
Scenario 3: Keep Renfrow + Waller, let Jacobs walk in FA
Scenario 4: Pay Jacobs, keep Renfrow + Waller

Users who are viewing this thread