What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (4 Viewers)

Same. I liked the signing from the get go
We agree completely on something? This worries me.
Don’t worry, I’m biting my tongue on Waller. Lincoln Kennedy making some remarks that infer that Waller is holding himself off the field and he might not be as hurt as he claims. I really hope they can find a trade partner. As devoid of talent as the TE position is, in the nfl, maybe they can get a premium for him.
Why would he do that?

Don’t worry, I’m biting my tongue on Waller. Lincoln Kennedy making some remarks that infer that Waller is holding himself off the field and he might not be as hurt as he claims. I really hope they can find a trade partner. As devoid of talent as the TE position is, in the nfl, maybe they can get a premium for him.
Why would he do that?

Hopefully nothing but BS...

Why would he do that?
which one? for waller, he got his money. team had been sucking. why take the hits. and carr can't hit him in stride anyway. :devil:

Why would he do that?
which one? for waller, he got his money. team had been sucking. why take the hits. and carr can't hit him in stride anyway. :devil:
I know you added that last one there

ESPN's Paul Gutierrez reports that Darren Waller (hamstring/IR) is "on track" to come off injured reserve for Week 15 against the Patriots.​

Waller will have missed roughly 10 weeks of action at that point, but with the Raiders suddenly surging, it makes sense for him to work his way back in for the final month of action. Waller has a 16/175/1 line in five games this season -- one of which he left after just eight snaps. Given the state of the tight end position in fantasy football right now, even a just-off-IR Waller strikes us as a good play.

tape don't lie
Yup. I remember very well when Carr didn't hit Waller in stride to the tune of 197 catches, 2,341 yards and 12 TDs in '19 & '20.
Yep. And I was at the charger game this year when carr threw behind him in the endzone and it resulted in an INT. It happens a lot. I’ve been saying it for years. I also think it contributes to wallers injury risk. Having to twist and bend to catch as many passes as he does(when healthy) exposes him to big hits. 🤷‍♂️

aawtfdik

i brought it up mostly to tease Chad. But I’m on record for not wanting to pat Waller until his previous contract had expired.

tape don't lie
Yup. I remember very well when Carr didn't hit Waller in stride to the tune of 197 catches, 2,341 yards and 12 TDs in '19 & '20.
Yep. And I was at the charger game this year when carr threw behind him in the endzone and it resulted in an INT. It happens a lot. I’ve been saying it for years. I also think it contributes to wallers injury risk. Having to twist and bend to catch as many passes as he does(when healthy) exposes him to big hits. 🤷‍♂️

aawtfdik

i brought it up mostly to tease Chad. But I’m on record for not wanting to pat Waller until his previous contract had expired.
I'm fine with trading Waller but the "in stride" comment sounds like it's based on ni actual data.

Sorry he missed Waller on a pass one time this season.

tape don't lie

aawtfdik

I'm fine with trading Waller but the "in stride" comment sounds like it's based on ni actual data.

It’s just my opinion from watching the games over the last few years. I’ve commented on it a lot.

tape don't lie

aawtfdik

It’s just my opinion from watching the games over the last few years. I’ve commented on it a lot.
How does your Waller theory bump up against the season Davante is having?

He's having a career year with Carr by virtually every measure. Pretty sure that involves being hit in stride at least a little bit. Why, in your opinion, is it working with Davante and not Waller?

Not buying college connection. They played 26 games over two years at Fresno State then had 8 years apart. Waller has played 47 games together over the past four years.

tape don't lie

aawtfdik

How does your Waller theory bump up against the season Davante is having?

He's having a career year with Carr by virtually every measure. Pretty sure that involves being hit in stride at least a little bit. Why, in your opinion, is it working with Davante and not Waller?

Not buying college connection. They played 26 games over two years at Fresno State then had 8 years apart. Waller has played 47 games together over the past four years.
No clue. I’m not a carr basher. I just see what I see. I watch the games. And Carr is behind Waller a lot. I don’t get it. But it’s for sure happening. I just looked on here and I think the first time I mention it was after the home opener last year. Another game that I was at. Look at me. 😂😂😂

Carr's problem has never been arm talent, including accuracy. Does he miss sometimes? Of course. They all do.

His problem is sensing and avoiding pressure. And not using his legs/athleticism to extend plays. This was always an issue and it worsened significantly after he experienced several major injuries, starting with the spiral fracture of his tibia.

Give him time to operate and some decent receivers and dude will make some really nice passes - elite NFL passes. Even more so when defenses have to respect the run, as they now do very much.

Carr's problem has never been arm talent, including accuracy. Does he miss sometimes? Of course. They all do.

His problem is sensing and avoiding pressure. And not using his legs/athleticism to extend plays. This was always an issue and it worsened significantly after he experienced several major injuries, starting with the spiral fracture of his tibia.

Give him time to operate and some decent receivers and dude will make some really nice passes - elite NFL passes. Even more so when defenses have to respect the run, as they now do very much.
Man he can drop a lob downfield like nobodies business , its actually pretty wild .

tape don't lie

aawtfdik

A LOT

I think this is fair... for his athleticism... he isn't as good as you would expect in escaping pressure and even taking off and grabbing a few yards with a run. I mean, he is way more athletic than Brady but Brady has this sixth sense thing going on about shifting himself in the pocket. I guess when you sell your soul to the devil- the devil gives you spidey sense.

I think this is fair... for his athleticism... he isn't as good as you would expect in escaping pressure and even taking off and grabbing a few yards with a run. I mean, he is way more athletic than Brady but Brady has this sixth sense thing going on about shifting himself in the pocket. I guess when you sell your soul to the devil- the devil gives you spidey sense.
From what I’ve observed from DC the past 9 years when he’s comfortable he can play at a high level. I mean that multiple levels. When he trusts his Oline and knows where the ball is going, he’s virtually unstoppable. He’s not going to strike fear in a defense when he breaks the pocket, he’s actually the exact opposite he needs a pocket or a designed roll out play. When a play or Oline breaks down he tends to get the happy feet and force throws. That’s where he gets in trouble. He’s just not an off script QB. We’ve seen him be successful without a strong running game, he’s excelled without a WR1 for years, but what he’s always needed is confidence in his Oline and command in his offense. We saw that in 2016 and we saw that in year three of Gruden’s offense. We are now starting to see that come to fruition in McDaniels offense. Give him a decent defense and he can win some playoff games. He’s just now coming into his QB prime. If the organization as a whole can build some stability around him, skys the limit. Time will tell. Might be too little too late this year though.

the offense needs to show up for 4 quarters. they shouldn't go scoreless in any quarter, not with the kicker being so good. you gotta at least manage a field goal. the defense was an afterthought, so it makes sense when they look like crap. it's not just that the offense took up most of the money, they also gave up a 1st and 2nd to improve the O.

hoping we get to see the the score run up against the rams and the D gets to have fun when when their O is trying to play catch up. show them who still owns LA 😤

Last edited:
-Signed DT Kyle Peko to active roster from the practice squad.
-Signed free agent LB Austin Calitro to the practice squad.
-Released DT Kendal Vickers.
-Browns signed away LB Reggie Ragland from the practice squad.

I mean, should be feeling great to be on a win streak and what should be a very favorable matchup.

But history has me neurotic about the potential headlines tomorrow of another shocking loss to a team in disarray, led by Baker Mayfield who literally got cut and joined the Rams 2 days ago...

I mean, should be feeling great to be on a win streak and what should be a very favorable matchup.

But history has me neurotic about the potential headlines tomorrow of another shocking loss to a team in disarray, led by Baker Mayfield who literally got cut and joined the Rams 2 days ago...
There’s a medical term for this call Raider fan PTSD. I have the same feelings about this game too. Very similar to the colts game a few weeks back, but I think the team has grown up since then, we’ll see.

No disrespect to people who suffer from true PTSD btw.

Yup, this tracks.

I really want to see how Tillery does. He was a big reason why we got some more pass rush other than Crosby last game. He got pressure up the middle and that created opportunity for Jones to get home.

Holy crap. The Raiders now have the #1 Offensive Line in the NFL (according to Football Outsiders). :eek:

So let's review their current state:

- #1 RB in the NFL
- #1 WR in the NFL
- #1 OL in the NFL

Until now, I thought running the table and sneaking into the tournament was a pipe dream. Suddenly, I find myself wondering if they might actually pull it off. Toughest matchups remaining are the last two, SF and KC, but,

Both games are in Vegas. SF will be playing with a 3rd string rookie QB. And if things break right, KC might have nothing left to play for come week 18. All that said, one game at a time. (Quasi) home game against the toothless Lambs tonight is all the team should be focused on for now.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Kolton Miller Quietly Becoming A Top 10 Tackle In 2022, Per PFF

The offensive line for the Las Vegas Raiders has seen a lot of change over the years, but their left tackle has remained a constant. Kolton Miller, a raw athletic prospect from UCLA, has since developed into one of the league’s top tackles. He deserves credit for persevering in his craft, and the Raiders also deserve some credit for sticking by him. After another good year, he is finally being recognized as one of the best at his position.

Some Much-Deserved Recognition For No. 74 Kolton Miller
Josh Jacobs is the NFL’s current leader in both rushing and scrimmage yards. The Raiders’ offensive line performance is a major factor in this. The Raiders’ offensive line is rated as the best in the league by Football Outsiders. Miller, the anchor of their offensive line, is where it all begins. Miller is the ninth-best offensive tackle in the league, according to Pro Football Focus.

Here’s what Marcus Mosher of PFF said about Miller: “Miller’s development over the past few years has been incredible. He was about as raw as it gets coming out of UCLA in 2018, yet he’s developed into one of the best overall tackles. The Raiders rarely help him out of the left side, and he has allowed just three quarterback hits all season long.

In the last two games that Miller played in, the Raiders rushed for 218 yards on average and gained 6.2 yards per carry. In the contest he didn’t play, the Raiders rushed for 109 yards while averaging 4.5 yards per carry. It’s safe to say that Miller has played a significant role in the running game’s success this year. The Raiders can use him as a weapon in the run game thanks to his athleticism.

Miller has kept Derek Carr upright this season
Miller’s pass blocking is a skill that is underappreciated in his arsenal. Miller has only permitted three quarterback hits all season, according to PFF. People are unaware that Miller is going up against elite edge rushers without any assistance, which is a remarkable accomplishment. This was evident in his most recent performance against the Los Angeles Chargers, where Miller helped keep Derek Carr clean. Khalil Mack was unable to get past Miller and finished the game without recording any stats. Miller was named the top left tackle of the week by PFF as a result of his performance.

Raiders are in a position to hold tie-breakers against all their playoff competitors, if they win out... See the last sentence of the article below for my thoughts.

Laying Out A 2022-23 Playoff Roadmap For The Raiders

Well, well, well. A month ago, the Las Vegas Raiders were largely considered down and out, and for good reason. The Raiders held a measly 2-7 record and even owned the fourth overall draft pick. There were absolutely no expectations for the team. Now, Las Vegas has won three games in a row and finds itself on the very fringes of the playoff race. So, what needs to happen in Week 14 to help fuel the playoff push?

Las Vegas Raiders beat the L.A. Rams
This one is obvious. It should go without saying, but Las Vegas will need to take care of business in their Thursday night matchup. Los Angeles will be missing a lot of key pieces this week, but the Raiders must not underestimate this team.

Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals Lose
These teams are far above Las Vegas in the playoff race. Each team stands at 8-4, which is three games ahead of the Raiders. However, some losses from these two in the final five weeks would really make things interesting.

The Baltimore Ravens play the Pittsburgh Steelers, while Cincinnati takes on the Cleveland Browns. Baltimore has had a much better season than Pittsburgh. However, the Steelers are on a winning streak of their own, and with quarterback Lamar Jackson battling injuries, this game is all of a sudden up in the air. Cincinnati is on a hot streak as well, and Deshaun Watson looked far from impressive last week. A Bengals’ loss here is unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Miami Dolphins beat the L.A. Chargers
The Miami Dolphins share the same record as both the Ravens and Bengals, but in this case, the Raiders will be rooting for them. Why? The Dolphins play the 6-6 Los Angeles Chargers, who are the team just ahead of the Raiders. Assuming the Raiders win on Thursday, a Chargers loss would put both teams even with each other while keeping them just outside of the playoff picture.

Buffalo Bills beat the N.Y. Jets
The New York Jets currently hold the final wild card spot and are two games up on the Raiders. New York sits there with a 7-5 record, and with Las Vegas being multiple games behind them, the Jets are going to have to start losing some games if the Raiders want the chance to make it into the playoffs. The good news for the silver and black is that the Jets have been faltering of late. Inconsistent quarterback play has caused the Jets to lose two of their last three, making this race a lot closer than it was.

Arizona Cardinals beat the New England Patriots
The final cherry on top this week would be the Arizona Cardinals knocking off New England. The Patriots are currently the eighth seed, which leaves them as the first team out of the playoffs. The 6-6 Pats certainly have more to play for than the 4-8 Cardinals do, which may end up being the difference in this one. Still, the Cardinals have been a bit unlucky this season and are arguably better than their record suggests. Las Vegas will be rooting for Arizona this weekend, and a Cardinals win could tie the Patriots and Raiders next week.

What next week’s playoff picture could look like for the Raiders
The odds of all of these games going according to this plan are slim to none. It would be very unlikely, but if this six-legged miracle comes to fruition, what would that mean for the Raiders?

Well, the Dolphins would jump both the Ravens and Bengals with a 9-4 record, leaving them three games ahead of Las Vegas. The Ravens and Bengals would both fall to 8-5, two games ahead of the silver and black. The Dolphins would be the third seed, with the Ravens and Bengals occupying seeds five and six, respectively (the Titans would own the fourth seed via being the AFC South division winner). They would not affect the Raiders’ seeding.

Now, here is where things get interesting. The Jets would finish 7-6, but they would still hold the final wild card spot. Then, the Chargers, Raiders, Patriots, Browns, and Steelers would all be 6-7. Chaos, right?

So, the Raiders would find themselves at 6-7, one game out of the playoffs. The Raiders would hold a tiebreaker over every single team on that list except for the Patriots. Want to make this even more interesting? The Patriots and Raiders play each other in a week and a half. If the Raiders win that game, they’ll hold a tiebreaker over all four of those teams. This is way more fun than tanking, right?

Kolton Miller Quietly Becoming A Top 10 Tackle In 2022, Per PFF

The offensive line for the Las Vegas Raiders has seen a lot of change over the years, but their left tackle has remained a constant. Kolton Miller, a raw athletic prospect from UCLA, has since developed into one of the league’s top tackles. He deserves credit for persevering in his craft, and the Raiders also deserve some credit for sticking by him. After another good year, he is finally being recognized as one of the best at his position.

Some Much-Deserved Recognition For No. 74 Kolton Miller
Josh Jacobs is the NFL’s current leader in both rushing and scrimmage yards. The Raiders’ offensive line performance is a major factor in this. The Raiders’ offensive line is rated as the best in the league by Football Outsiders. Miller, the anchor of their offensive line, is where it all begins. Miller is the ninth-best offensive tackle in the league, according to Pro Football Focus.

Here’s what Marcus Mosher of PFF said about Miller: “Miller’s development over the past few years has been incredible. He was about as raw as it gets coming out of UCLA in 2018, yet he’s developed into one of the best overall tackles. The Raiders rarely help him out of the left side, and he has allowed just three quarterback hits all season long.

In the last two games that Miller played in, the Raiders rushed for 218 yards on average and gained 6.2 yards per carry. In the contest he didn’t play, the Raiders rushed for 109 yards while averaging 4.5 yards per carry. It’s safe to say that Miller has played a significant role in the running game’s success this year. The Raiders can use him as a weapon in the run game thanks to his athleticism.

Miller has kept Derek Carr upright this season
Miller’s pass blocking is a skill that is underappreciated in his arsenal. Miller has only permitted three quarterback hits all season, according to PFF. People are unaware that Miller is going up against elite edge rushers without any assistance, which is a remarkable accomplishment. This was evident in his most recent performance against the Los Angeles Chargers, where Miller helped keep Derek Carr clean. Khalil Mack was unable to get past Miller and finished the game without recording any stats. Miller was named the top left tackle of the week by PFF as a result of his performance.
Miller has consistently developed and got better... he went from a 'draft day reach' to 'struggling rookie' to 'developing tackle' to 'one of the better tackles in the league'.... I think at this point he is underrated.

Jacobs
Rush yards 1,303 1st in NFL
Scrimmage yards 1,634 1st in NFL
Rush 1st Downs 72 1st in NFL
Yards after contact 1,064 1st in NFL

Seriously... whoever it was that was calling him 'average' needs to come in an apologize to us all.

I think the Raiders build off last week and come out and hammer the Rams tonight. I should know better than to put that out there, but I'm feeling really good about tonight.

Shane Falco:
You're playing and you think everything is going fine. Then one thing goes wrong. And then another. And another. You try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move... you can't breathe... because you're in over your head. Like quicksand.

it's like gruden never left. we can blame mcD, but carr is a veteran qb, he needs to take control and yell at mcD for some better play calling.

carr is supposedly a life long raider fan. did he not watch the gruden/gannon years? gannon wouldn't settle for this trash we're seeing.

And…puke

all the offense had to do was score another field goal and this game was out of reach. they couldn't manage 19 points against a team that needed the refs to hand them the game at the end.

Not a Raiders or Rams fan.
Raiders offensive play call was bad.
How do you run, run, run all second half. Especially when you have a STUD WR in Adams. Even against Ramsey.

Move him around, misdirect and jet sweep his butt to get him the ball. He's your playmaker and was hardly used.

Users who are viewing this thread