What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

Defense likely has that stop without that boneheaded penalty. HUGE difference between 2nd and 19 with a running clock and 1st and 10 15 yards down the field with a stopped one. And it was absolutely a boneheaded move and easy call by the ref. It's rare that you can point to one single play and say a team would have almost certainly won/lost a game if they'd just done one small thing differently...but this is one of those spots.

Defense likely has that stop without that boneheaded penalty. HUGE difference between 2nd and 19 with a running clock and 1st and 10 15 yards down the field with a stopped one. And it was absolutely a boneheaded move and easy call by the ref. It's rare that you can point to one single play and say a team would have almost certainly won/lost a game if they'd just done one small thing differently...but this is one of those spots.
Actually, it hasn't been very rare this season. The first handful of games have all had one MAYBE two plays that meant the difference.

Actually, it hasn't been very rare this season. The first handful of games have all had one MAYBE two plays that meant the difference.
I guess what I mean is that in every close game, there's going to be one or two specific plays that make a difference but that it's unusual for one to be THAT definitive, and that incredibly silly. It wasn't a team breakdown or missed penalty call, it wasn't a scheme issue or a single guy just getting beaten at an inopportune moment. It was a single absolutely boneheaded dead ball foul.

Obviously it's a semantics and never ending finger pointing type game....one play is never truly the difference. Raiders should have been up 20 on that under-manned Rams team by that point. But that one moment was egregious, and without it Raiders would have (almost certainly) won

Also, as I understand it Rob Haverstein essentially throat tackled Maxx at least 4 times on the last two drives.

Apparently it was egregious stuff too.

Similar to what Donovan Smith got away with against the Saints on Monday.

I am pretty sure I was loudest and strongest voice against hiring McD around here. Certainly not my cousin.

I can't say that I think he should be fired right now. I can't say I think he should stay either.

I can't figure any of this out to be honest.... arguably the best WR, RB and DE in the league and we still can't beat a Rams team with none of it's stars and a QB that had a plane ride to learn the playbook. Improved Oline and defensive play and we still can't finish a game. A team that looked like it gave up that then looks like it is getting things put together and then falls apart again. McD comes in and starts hacking away at their defense attacking the edges and then hammering it in with some good throws to start.... looked like we will be 45-0 by end of the game and then everything falls apart. None of it makes any sense. Last year, we couldn't do crap in the first half of a game and then turned it on in the second. This year, we roll teams over in the 1st half and then look like a bunch of 3rd graders playing a 5th quarter to learn the game.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
I’m holding out hope that it’s just growing pains. We all screamed about carr not sneaking it on 4th last week. He snuck it this week. 28 goes for 303 yards. F it. Ride or die? That shouldn’t be the mindset, but it’s hard to figure out. I’m also very confused. But I want to see McZ get a shot. At least 4 years. Anything else is incomplete.

stat nugget from this week! Carr had 11 passing yards in the second half.
Only passing for 11 yards in the second half isn’t on Carr either. McD called plays worse than I have ever seen. If he would have been more aggressive, the team wins easily. Even though it was an incredibly embarrassing loss, it is still a positive. This team isn’t a player or two away from being a contender and we need all the draft capital we can get. McD should have another year to add some pieces to the team and learn how to call plays. Let’s see how Mc D drafts after a year of evaluating the teams needs for a full season. The D better be addressed.
Where did I assign blame? When I heard that stat, it stood out. I’m not a carr basher. I’m also not a carr apologist.
You didn’t assign blame and I didn’t mean to imply that in my response.

The point I was trying to make was that the play calling was the biggest cause of the lost. Mc D blew it. There were a bunch of other plays by various team members that contributed to the loss as well but the play calling was alful the entire second half.

Carr isn’t great, as I have stated often, but he is good enough if he’s not trying to overcome stupid penalties, poor play calling, and a LV team that cannot play D.

McDaniels addressed the player holding the kickoffs in a presser last week. The NFL apparently made it legal this year through a rule adjustment. And with a player holding the ball allows for higher hang time, better return coverage and increases their chances at having their opponents have to start behind the 25 yard line.

couldn't possibly be the fault of the quarterback when he throws an int in the end zone and the offense can't score points. it's gotta be the defense!
Say what you will but Carr didn't give up a 98 yard drive with under 1:45 on the clock and the Rams out of timeouts.

Carr and the offense staked the team to a 13 point lead with 12:20 left in the game.

Yes, the Raiders should have crushed the Rams but they did enough on offense to win that game. All the other NFL teams are 59-6 when leading by double digits at halftime, the Raiders are 0-4. McDaniels needs to fix that #### in 2023 or I will be leading the charge for his firing. Yeah, Josh you heard me! What are you gonna do about it? Wanna fight? Bring it Josh!!! I'm not going anywhere!!! Come at me bro!!!
You best get after Josh a little harder. Since none of this is carr‘s fault. 🙄 pick in the end zone to finish the first half. And 11 passing yards in the 2nd half. Totes on mcD. Zero to do with saint Carr.

I am pretty sure I was loudest and strongest voice against hiring McD around here. Certainly not my cousin.

I can't say that I think he should be fired right now. I can't say I think he should stay either.

I can't figure any of this out to be honest.... arguably the best WR, RB and DE in the league and we still can't beat a Rams team with none of it's stars and a QB that had a plane ride to learn the playbook. Improved Oline and defensive play and we still can't finish a game. A team that looked like it gave up that then looks like it is getting things put together and then falls apart again. McD comes in and starts hacking away at their defense attacking the edges and then hammering it in with some good throws to start.... looked like we will be 45-0 by end of the game and then everything falls apart. None of it makes any sense. Last year, we couldn't do crap in the first half of a game and then turned it on in the second. This year, we roll teams over in the 1st half and then look like a bunch of 3rd graders playing a 5th quarter to learn the game.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
I’m holding out hope that it’s just growing pains. We all screamed about carr not sneaking it on 4th last week. He snuck it this week. 28 goes for 303 yards. F it. Ride or die? That shouldn’t be the mindset, but it’s hard to figure out. I’m also very confused. But I want to see McZ get a shot. At least 4 years. Anything else is incomplete.

Only passing for 11 yards in the second half isn’t on Carr either. McD called plays worse than I have ever seen. If he would have been more aggressive, the team wins easily. Even though it was an incredibly embarrassing loss, it is still a positive. This team isn’t a player or two away from being a contender and we need all the draft capital we can get. McD should have another year to add some pieces to the team and learn how to call plays. Let’s see how Mc D drafts after a year of evaluating the teams needs for a full season. The D better be addressed.
Where did I assign blame? When I heard that stat, it stood out. I’m not a carr basher. I’m also not a carr apologist.
Can we get an official count on how many times he has said "I am not a Carr basher" and then proceeds to bash Carr?
:scared:
you Want me to really bash him? Carr lovers are so f’ing sensitive. If a player does something stupid, doesn’t play well, etc, it’s ok to call them out. But not poor DC, can’t ever say anything remotely critical About him. So lame.
So the number is higher than 50 then is what you are saying?
52%. Maybe 53. 😂

Not like that one.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

The point I was trying to make was that the play calling was the biggest cause of the lost. Mc D blew it. There were a bunch of other plays by various team members that contributed to the loss as well but the play calling was alful the entire second half.

Carr isn’t great, as I have stated often, but he is good enough if he’s not trying to overcome stupid penalties, poor play calling, and a LV team that cannot play D.
thnks for the clarification. it came off as a typical carr Is totally inculpable. in any and ALL situations. I’m really getting tired of this. hear me @Chadstroma? gonna work om my bashing

and I totally agree with you. First post I made after this **** performance was that the loss was on mcD and carr.

Derek Carr in the red zone this year:
21-53 40%
Of players that have attempted at least 10 red zone passes only Joe Flacco and Mike White have a worse completion percentage.

Derek Carr inside the 10 yard line:
9-29 31%
Worst completion percentage of any QB in the NFL inside the 10.

Any update on Jacobs finger?
only saw that he will get it evaluated......but haven't seen an update since Friday.

Derek Carr in the red zone this year:
21-53 40%
Of players that have attempted at least 10 red zone passes only Joe Flacco and Mike White have a worse completion percentage.

Derek Carr inside the 10 yard line:
9-29 31%
Worst completion percentage of any QB in the NFL inside the 10.
"bu bu but the defense! and mcD! and no star WR! and no run game!"

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

thnks for the clarification. it came off as a typical carr Is totally inculpable. in any and ALL situations. I’m really getting tired of this. hear me @Chadstroma? gonna work om my bashing

and I totally agree with you. First post I made after this **** performance was that the loss was on mcD and carr.
My hearing isn't so good these days

Also, as I understand it Rob Haverstein essentially throat tackled Maxx at least 4 times on the last two drives.

Is that “seatbelt” blocking technique widely used? Only ever see it deployed on Maxx
I apparently don't know what holding is anymore.... because from what I thought holding was, Maxx gets held at least 5 times a game without a call. Minimum.

Is that “seatbelt” blocking technique widely used? Only ever see it deployed on Maxx
I apparently don't know what holding is anymore.... because from what I thought holding was, Maxx gets held at least 5 times a game without a call. Minimum.
khalil mack's first few seasons were criminal. I don't know how he got sacks at all with all the headlocks he got put in. right up until his big new contract was due...

Speaking of rules. Anyone see Jerry Jeudy today? He ripped his helmet off on the field (which I thought was a penalty) runs towards an official screaming and yelling at him. Then to top it off, clearly and intentionally bumps him. No flag. Nothing…

Speaking of rules. Anyone see Jerry Jeudy today? He ripped his helmet off on the field (which I thought was a penalty) runs towards an official screaming and yelling at him. Then to top it off, clearly and intentionally bumps him. No flag. Nothing…
Apparently Jeudy isn't a Raider.

I understand his frustration, I am sure a few more years of Russell Wilson is juuust what the doctor ordered.

Apparently Jeudy isn't a Raider.
As an official Facebook fact checker.... this is out of context, one day he watched a Raider game on tv once and therefore he is not completely not a Raider, thus this information will be deleted, all your future posts will be suppressed and you will receive a 30 day suspension of your account that will not allow you to post.

I understand his frustration, I am sure a few more years of Russell Wilson is juuust what the doctor ordered.
Holy crap... how was there not even a flag?! I swear, if a Raider did this they would have shut the game down and made it a forfeit.

Holy crap... how was there not even a flag?! I swear, if a Raider did this they would have shut the game down and made it a forfeit.
It was just a couple weeks ago when Davante Adams complained to a ref about a hit to his head that was not called and he got flagged for a personal foul. Now tell me it doesn’t matter what uniform you’re wearing.

It was just a couple weeks ago when Davante Adams complained to a ref about a hit to his head that was not called and he got flagged for a personal foul. Now tell me it doesn’t matter what uniform you’re wearing.

The tuck rule was called one time in NFL history and then abolished. You tell me, if you sue a bunch of millionaires and win, what’s going to happen to your legacy? They’re going to ruin you.
This doesn’t justify they horrible defenses the past 20 years or the garbage that happened last Thursday. Just saying…

The tuck rule was called one time in NFL history and then abolished. You tell me, if you sue a bunch of millionaires and win, what’s going to happen to your legacy? They’re going to ruin you.
This doesn’t justify they horrible defenses the past 20 years or the garbage that happened last Thursday. Just saying…
There was another penalty, that I think helped seal a game against us this year, that has only been called once before, against us and by the same ref…, maybe the Az game

Though it was a ridiculous rule and even with it, it was a still a fumble and it was a travesty that still haunts me today emotionally.... I do believe it was called before. I think even earlier in that same season IIRC.

From watching this team dating back to the mid-70's, as much as I detest excuses, I can honestly say the Raider bias is real. I prefer they not embody the role of a 'victim' and I cannot make excuses for the teams' poor management and performance over the years, but I do acknowledge that there is an unspoken agenda against this team. The NFL bias just means the Raiders need to be that much better than everyone else to succeed, and it is understood. That's why many of folks are, and remain Raider fans. It has always been us, against the world. Hence, The Nation.

There was another penalty, that I think helped seal a game against us this year, that has only been called once before, against us and by the same ref…, maybe the Az game

I think it was Defensive holding on a FG attempt. Called twice in the history of the league, both time against the Raiders.

From watching this team dating back to the mid-70's, as much as I detest excuses, I can honestly say the Raider bias is real. I prefer they not embody the role of a 'victim' and I cannot make excuses for the teams' poor management and performance over the years, but I do acknowledge that there is an unspoken agenda against this team. The NFL bias just means the Raiders need to be that much better than everyone else to succeed, and it is understood. That's why many of folks are, and remain Raider fans. It has always been us, against the world. Hence, The Nation.
Well said!
Ron Wolf, who used to work for Al Davis in the 70s said in a interview a long time ago, and I’m paraphrasing: “when the Raiders started caring more about lawsuits than football, the winning culture went away.”
Add in years of upheaval and bad management, inconsistency, poor drafting, lousy FA signings and we have the product we have today. The Raiders have no one to blame but themselves. BUT when you see Jeudy commit 3 personal fouls in one meltdown (taking helmet off on the field, cursing at refs and bumping refs) and no flag is thrown??? It makes me wonder what the heck is going on? While our WR gets a personal foul while sitting on his behind complaining to a ref. Doesn’t make any sense.

I think it was Defensive holding on a FG attempt. Called twice in the history of the league, both time against the Raiders.
Yes, that was it. Both calls from the same ref

Well said!
Ron Wolf, who used to work for Al Davis in the 70s said in a interview a long time ago, and I’m paraphrasing: “when the Raiders started caring more about lawsuits than football, the winning culture went away.”
Add in years of upheaval and bad management, inconsistency, poor drafting, lousy FA signings and we have the product we have today. The Raiders have no one to blame but themselves. BUT when you see Jeudy commit 3 personal fouls in one meltdown (taking helmet off on the field, cursing at refs and bumping refs) and no flag is thrown??? It makes me wonder what the heck is going on? While our WR gets a personal foul while sitting on his behind complaining to a ref. Doesn’t make any sense.
Yea... I would venture a guess and say that the refs being "harder" on the Raiders started right around the time with all those lawsuits as well. I don't think the league cares now but that kind of bias is taught by the newer refs coming in and seeing or being told how they do things. The league now just doesn't care about the Raiders (see the whole who gets L.A. thing with the Rams, Dolts and Raiders in the mix).

HENDERSON, Nev. The Las Vegas Raiders have signed free agent G Netane Muti, the club announced Tuesday. He most recently was on the Denver Broncos' practice squad.
Muti, a 6-foot-3, 315-pound offensive lineman is in his third season in the NFL after originally being selected by the Broncos in the sixth round (181st overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 19 career games with four starts.
A native of Tonga, Muti played four seasons at Fresno State (2016-19), where he started 17-of-19 games played.
In a corresponding move, the Raiders have placed LB Jayon Brown on the Reserve/Injured List.
Additionally, the Raiders have signed free agents LB Kana'i Mauga and OL Willie Wright to the practice squad.
Mauga, a 6-foot-2, 245-pound linebacker originally signed as an undrafted free agent with the Broncos in 2022 and has spent time on the club's practice squad. He played collegiately at USC where he appeared in 43 career games with 24 starts from 2018-21 and totaled 116 tackles (51 solo), four sacks, two interceptions, four passes defensed and one forced fumble.
Wright, a 6-foot-3, 300-pound offensive lineman has spent time on the practice squads for the Cleveland Browns (2019) and Atlanta Falcons (2020) during his career. He played collegiately at Tulsa (2015-17), where he started 35-of-36 games played.

Cards cut Trayvonn Mullen.

Man. Thought he was decent at least.

Yea... that is really odd. Maybe he is a system guy? Good in the cover 2 type that Bradley does but not so good otherwise?

Could it have been the injury?

Sometimes I feel like I don't know football at all

this f'ing team. :lmao: why oh why did i have to be a CA kid in the late seventies, early eighties? got sucked in and now i can't get out. gruden was SOOOO bad for this team. tommy boy was/is SOOOO bad for this team. old AL was SOOOOO bad for this team. 20 years of ****.

i find myself pulling for the lions a little bit these days. can the raiders get a coach that wants to bite kneecaps? they remind me of the early raiders. misfit qb, no one wants. some real gunners at wr. grinders at rb. a D that has some attitude. and a weird coach that just wants to win. sigh

i'd shed a tear, if mc D said something this week, about kicking the patties ***. but he won't. we'll hear a bunch of platitudes and well wishes.

give me the old raiders. the ones with a black bristling mustache. the ones that'll knock you round and upside down and laugh when he's conquered and won.

this f'ing team. :lmao: why oh why did i have to be a CA kid in the late seventies, early eighties? got sucked in and now i can't get out. gruden was SOOOO bad for this team. tommy boy was/is SOOOO bad for this team. old AL was SOOOOO bad for this team. 20 years of ****.

i find myself pulling for the lions a little bit these days. can the raiders get a coach that wants to bite kneecaps? they remind me of the early raiders. misfit qb, no one wants. some real gunners at wr. grinders at rb. a D that has some attitude. and a weird coach that just wants to win. sigh

i'd shed a tear, if mc D said something this week, about kicking the patties ***. but he won't. we'll hear a bunch of platitudes and well wishes.

give me the old raiders. the ones with a black bristling mustache. the ones that'll knock you round and upside down and laugh when he's conquered and won.

Agreed entirely. I have a soft spot for the Lions as well. Gotta find other teams/players to root for when you’re a Raiders fan, otherwise you’re left with nothing.
see this thread I started about this very topic: https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...ng-for-that-aren’t-my-main-homer-team.807204/

Users who are viewing this thread