What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

I too get annoyed sometimes by Chad's seeming blind homerism and vitriolic responses...
Not calling you or anyone out just using it as an example. @Chadstroma is unquestionably, shall we say, an exuberant fan who seems to always see the glass as full and if it appears it isn't full it's because the glass is doing something wrong.

However I have never read one response from Chad and interpreted anything even remotely resembling vitriol.

Text is an imperfect medium and we don't communicate in prose, defining the intent and mindset of our protagonist. We communicate in a stream of consciousness fashion approximating speech. The reader lacks the ability to subconsciously read body language and eye contact so, as the reader, we default to our own internal processes to fill in those blind spots. This part also happens subconsciously.

My only point is I wish more people who communicate via the written word, recognize this fact and choose to give the benefit of doubt and when we question intent to default on the side of a misinterpretation coming from our side.

🧼 🧰 <<<--that's a bar of soap and a tool box
did you just call me a tool? :boxing:
Well... I mean... if the tool fits.
You mother…😂😂😂

Hobbs is playing like an All Pro already. For all the **** that Mayock gets, he brought us two grand slam late round studs in Crosby and Hobbs. Makes me wonder how he would do if given freedom to draft who he wants in every round.
Dude was a beast in both locking Williams down and in run support.

I am convinced that the early picks were driven by Gruden and then as the rounds went on he gave up control to Mayock. Little hints and reading between the lines it seems the evidence points to that (though I think Leatherwood was Cable's pick that Gruden went along with).

Crosby, Renfrow and Hobbs were just stellar picks for when we got them. Without them.... we would not be a contending team in this division at all.

Hobbs is playing like an All Pro already. For all the **** that Mayock gets, he brought us two grand slam late round studs in Crosby and Hobbs. Makes me wonder how he would do if given freedom to draft who he wants in every round.
Everyone talk’s about Crosby and Renfrow but Hobbs may be their best pick and we need him more than ever. This organization has swung and missed on so many DBs.
I really hope Mullen is one of them since we let him go... I guess we will see Sunday.

Ok. Finally watched the game.

The loss was 80% on carr. 20% on McZ For not shoring up the O line. the Picks were 100% on carr. Maybe I give the oline a percentage point or two, when carr forced the throw to renfrow. But both hollins and Adam’s were WIDE open on the play. The other 2 picks were terrible throws. Both under thrown. A problem that carr has had for ever.
the d played pretty damn well. Couldn’t cover the te’s, And I expected more from the DL. Other than that I was pleasantly surprised. Hobbs was great.

the oline was overmatched by 2 of the better edge rushers in the game. They played OK, with what they have. Big E was bad, like real bad. Munford was lost at times. Miller looked rusty. Interior line played better than the T’s. Probably should have involved Jacob’s more. We’ll see if they do moving forward. Adams is amazing, but like last year when carr threw to Waller 21 times in game 1, you gotta spread it around more.

derwin James could have been a raider. Dude is an animal. Yea yea. they got miller, but man alive James was EVERYWHERE.

I am not sure who is making excuses but glad that we can keep away from absolutes, blanket statements and vitriol in our posts as a group.

And the above post isn't an attack... just pointing out that I think many of the posts in this group are not much different in tone or strength of position as mine. Just some take it personal for whatever reason.

And the above post isn't an attack... just pointing out that I think many of the posts in this group are not much different in tone or strength of position as mine. Just some take it personal for whatever reason.
In the future please preface all your posts with a ⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️

i said this last week

The more things change , the more they stay the same

I think i may be saying this every week

I swear im watching the exact same defense that played in the playoff elimination game vs the Chargers last season, crazy

So, why didn't McDaniels call a running play on that last sequence? They needed maybe a couple yards for a reliable FG.

FFS

So, why didn't McDaniels call a running play on that last sequence? They needed maybe a couple yards for a reliable FG.

FFS
it looked like on first down they were gonna run and carr audibles to a shotgun play and then completely misses Adams and instead throws it to the defensive player who couldn’t catch it

One of the biggest choke jobs I have seen in years.

Bring back Paul Guenther! At least with him I expect them to blow leads.

Shows how far off we are from KC. Mahomes toyed with Arizona the entire game. We had 1 good half & couldn't build on it which killed our D. In our season opener nonetheless. Sh**s getting really tiring.

Did DC and the offense forget they had a game to finish after halftime? Monumental choke job fellas. Been a pleasure venting and talking Raiders with you gentlemen. But enough is enough for me. I can’t take this seriously anymore. I can’t sit through another mediocre season. I’m too old for this stuff. The defense did the best they could, it will take Carr another 2 years to learn this offense. It’s 2018 all over again

Did DC and the offense forget they had a game to finish after halftime? Monumental choke job fellas. Been a pleasure venting and talking Raiders with you gentlemen. But enough is enough for me. I can’t take this seriously anymore. I can’t sit through another mediocre season. I’m too old for this stuff. The defense did the best they could, it will take Carr another 2 years to learn this offense. It’s 2018 all over again
So glad I skipped the game and got a workout in and did yard work. I thought LV would be good and finish 3rd in the AFC W in a tight race. It’s not looking real good at the moment. Looks like this year may get away from the team before they pull it together. I have faith they will pull it together but the learning curve and lack of talent at some positions due to poor personnel moves over the last few years is too much to overcome now.

So glad I skipped the game and got a workout in and did yard work. I thought LV would be good and finish 3rd in the AFC W in a tight race. It’s not looking real good at the moment. Looks like this year may get away from the team before they pull it together. I have faith they will pull it together but the learning curve and lack of talent at some positions due to poor personnel moves over the last few years is too much to overcome now.
100% I will say despite what happened the defense played admirably and Graham’s scheme is a refreshing change. But McDaniels offense and the Oline will not be ready this season. DC is a great dude and worth rooting for, but now I personally see why Murray can demand a contract like he did, and Carr takes a discount contract.

100% I will say despite what happened the defense played admirably and Graham’s scheme is a refreshing change. But McDaniels offense and the Oline will not be ready this season. DC is a great dude and worth rooting for, but now I personally see why Murray can demand a contract like he did, and Carr takes a discount contract.
The offense was terrible in the 2nd half but let's not give a pass to the defense. The Cards neutralized the pass rush with a bunch of quick timing passes and bootlegs at which point Graham had zero answers.

The offense was terrible in the 2nd half but let's not give a pass to the defense. The Cards neutralized the pass rush with a bunch of quick timing passes and bootlegs at which point Graham had zero answers.
Just my opinion, that’s more due to Murray’s talents and Las Vegas’ lack of offense

Just my opinion, that’s more due to Murray’s talents and Las Vegas’ lack of offense
Murray has talent in the first half too. The Cards made adjustments and the defense wasn't prepared for them. Ditto the offense.

Cards opened the second half with drives of 4 & 11 plays, the Raiders responded with drives of 3 & 8 plays. After that it was all Cards in both sides of the ball. Neither offense or defense gets a pass in that from me.

The only one who gets a pass is Maxx who was continually pounded by double teams in the second half.

Murray has talent in the first half too. The Cards made adjustments and the defense wasn't prepared for them. Ditto the offense.

Cards opened the second half with drives of 4 & 11 plays, the Raiders responded with drives of 3 & 8 plays. After that it was all Cards in both sides of the ball. Neither offense or defense gets a pass in that from me.

The only one who gets a pass is Maxx who was continually pounded by double teams in the second half.
The D fought. They ran outta gas. Because the offense couldn’t sustain a drive in the 2nd half. All they had to do was get a few 1st downs and they failed leaving the defense holding the bag

Absolute gut punch loss.

I hated that the D scheme that Graham started calling after half. Equally hated the play calling from McDaniels after the half too, even if only 18 plays.

The D fought. They ran outta gas. Because the offense couldn’t sustain a drive in the 2nd half. All they had to do was get a few 1st downs and they failed leaving the defense holding the bag
They ran out of gas on the second drive of the third quarter?

The offense in the second half absolutely #### the bed and lost this game.

But no free pass for the D from me. They had no answers after halftime either.

Last edited:
They ran out of gas on the second drive of the third quarter?
Have you ever had to chase Kyler Murray? Yes the D line was gassed.
I stand by my previous post.
It’s all good my friend. Like I said before I’m done sweating this cursed organization. They aren’t going to the playoffs this year. All I know is I watched a D play it’s a$$ off and an offense take the 2nd half off. It doesn’t matter anymore anyway, Renfrow tried being a hero ( God bless him) so no of this matters. It’s a 7-10 ball club.

I thought before the season that the Raiders would finish with a losing record and 4th in the division. They are meeting my expectations so far.

It's unfortunate for them to play in such a tough division. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end up 0-6 or 1-5 in division.

On top of that, IIRC they opened the season with 37 new players plus an entirely new coaching staff, with a HC who flopped in his only previous HC opportunity. It was obvious there was going to be an adjustment/growth period. Combining that with the strength of the division is a recipe for a losing record.

Just so the apologists are aware, this is not a defense anymore should fear. They have Buddha Baker, and over~the-hill TJ Watt and that’s about it. The Chiefs essentially Raiderized them in week 1. This Cardinals team has an athletic QB and that’s really about it. The Raiders should have put up 30+ on this team with their supposed talent on offense.

If Mark Davis were smart, he would stop what he’s doing right now and get Lamar Jackson’s mom on the phone and ask her, “how much does he want?” Back up the Brinks truck in their driveway and say, “here ya go!” And move on just like the 9ers and Browns did, they get it.
Are we really going to wait 2 years for Derek Carr to learn another offense and be a decent QB again? I hate to say that because I think DC is a good human being, unfortunately he’s a better human than a QB and that’s the issue. We live in sad times where the kid who has to be told publicly to put the work in, beats the guy who puts his heart and soul into it. There is no price tag for talent in the NFL these days.

Just read the stat line for Adams, turns out he was targeted 7 times. I watched the game, but would have assumed it was less than that. Of course, the quality of those targets aren't reflected in the stat line either.

Keep thinking about the game and come back to the same point over and over. Why did the Raiders take their foot off the gas? The first half defensive play calling was working against Murray. Really, has the prevent D ever actually worked? I suspect the analytics state that it does, but what a gong show. If you're up 20-0 or 20-7... why go prevent? At worst your aggressiveness leads to another score, but is that really a problem given how the game was going up to that point?

This is very interesting in many ways...

Josh McDaniels controlling Derek Carr’s passes?​

September 18, 2022
by Steve DelVecchio

Derek Carr did not play particularly well in the Las Vegas Raiders’ loss to the Los Angeles Chargers last week, but Josh McDaniels may have been more to blame for that than you would think.

Vic Tafur of The Athletic said this week that one of the biggest adjustments Carr has had to make under McDaniels is not having the freedom to read defenses and changes plays at the line of scrimmage, which the quarterback did under Jon Gruden. As Tafur describes it, Carr’s passes are going where McDaniels wants them to go at the moment.

Carr admitted as much this week when reflecting on his performance against the Chargers in Week 1.

“There were decisions I made in the game last week that happened before the ball was snapped,” Carr said. “I already knew where the ball was going, and we threw it there, we moved on. Whether it’s a touchdown, complete — whatever, it didn’t matter. You just move on to the next one.”

Carr went 22/37 for 295 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions in the 24-19 loss. While he still went through progressions like any other quarterback, Tafur says McDaniels has designed the offense in a way where Carr’s “options are pretty cut and dried,” at least for now.

Carr has had nothing but positive things to say about McDaniels. He doesn’t seem to mind that he has to earn McDaniels’ trust, but there will certainly be questions about the head coach’s approach if the Raiders don’t look a lot better against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread