What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

I need to watch the full game, but on the 4th qtr drives I saw Carr regularly failing to see the easier underneath wide open targets that Brady uses so effortlessly to keep chains moving and this offense on schedule. Carr kept putting them into long 3rd and 4th downs and made some dangerous and low percatnage throws instead trying to get chunks when it wasn't necessary.

Hoping these are growing pains in a new system and not a reflection of Carr not being able to see/utilize the entire field and all of his targets.

I was only able to closely watch the 4th qtr, so I'll reserve further observation/commetary until the gamepass replays come out.

I have to catch the replay of the game... son had his football game (won 20-0 he played well but no big plays or stats) then daughters basketball game (won 10-0, she had two points several steals and rebounds) and then her volleyball game (lost 2-1). Kept my eye on the score board. Glanced at the boxscore between the football and basketball games. The only good thing I can say right now is that they lost each game where they could have won them and were close. I am guessing they scores and failed the conversion at the end of this game.

Jones looks like a huge bust and that is going to be an albatross for us.... it makes Maxx much less effective than he could be without another pass rusher.

Has a team ever made the playoffs after going 0-3?

If not for my son playing well and his team looking strong... I would be headed into a depression right now.

I need to watch the full game, but on the 4th qtr drives I saw Carr regularly failing to see the easier underneath wide open targets that Brady uses so effortlessly to keep chains moving and this offense on schedule. Carr kept putting them into long 3rd and 4th downs and made some dangerous and low percatnage throws instead trying to get chunks when it wasn't necessary.

Hoping these are growing pains in a new system and not a reflection of Carr not being able to see/utilize the entire field and all of his targets.

I was only able to closely watch the 4th qtr, so I'll reserve further observation/commetary until the gamepass replays come out.
Which, taking the risk of setting off WWRaiders again, is interesting as that was what Carr excelled at before to the point of getting tons of criticism from fans.

I wonder if he is getting pressured to push it down the field or maybe, as brought up before, McDaniels is controlling him more on plays. If so, McDaniels needs to let the F go and let Carr take what D's give. It is hard for me to believe that after years of doing that very well... all of a sudden he "can't" do it now.

Which, taking the risk of setting off WWRaiders again, is interesting as that was what Carr excelled at before to the point of getting tons of criticism from fans.

I wonder if he is getting pressured to push it down the field or maybe, as brought up before, McDaniels is controlling him more on plays. If so, McDaniels needs to let the F go and let Carr take what D's give. It is hard for me to believe that after years of doing that very well... all of a sudden he "can't" do it now.
But same here... I need to see the game.

And let's not put this game on Carr (yet). D played well overall, but 3 TDs on the first three Tenn drives is going to be a death knell (by far) most of the time. Lots of cleaning up to do.

Good news is Mack Hollins is a ****ing beast. He and Jacobs are screaming for more touches.

And let's not put this game on Carr (yet). D played well overall, but 3 TDs on the first three Tenn drives is going to be a death knell (by far) most of the time. Lots of cleaning up to do.

Good news is Mack Hollins is a ****ing beast. He and Jacobs are screaming for more touches.
Looking at the box score... Jacobs and Bolden both over 5 yards a carry (give credit to the line too on that)

I was going to say in the last game thoughts that I gave up on that Hollins was entrenched as the opposite WR and looked like he would be productive at times as well as playing much more double TE which I like with Moreau and that obviously continued.

Jones has what.... 1 tackle for the season? That just isn't going to cut it. That is the pessimistic thing for me. The Oline, you can hope they get things together as they play. They are a young group of guys and more snaps, more coaching, POTENTIALLY they can improve. Jones? You don't usually get better when you are just old and done.

Who are the top T or edge rushers coming out of college? Looks like we may have a good shot at getting one of the better players at these spots.

Too much talent brain drain from the past few drafts has caught up. Trading for Adams was a catastophic move. This teams like 3-5 years away from being good again.

See what you can get for Carr next off-season and restart.

Too much talent brain drain from the past few drafts has caught up. Trading for Adams was a catastophic move. This teams like 3-5 years away from being good again.

See what you can get for Carr next off-season and restart.
I don't understand how there is a brain drain from past drafts.

This team is not scoring enough points and settling for field goals in the red zone is a big part of the problem.
with Adams (and Renfrow but obviously not available this game) ability to get off and open right away along with Waller a mismatch AND Jacobs.... why is that happening? I mean.... we should be one of the best red zone offenses. Maddening.

This team is not scoring enough points and settling for field goals in the red zone is a big part of the problem.
with Adams (and Renfrow but obviously not available this game) ability to get off and open right away along with Waller a mismatch AND Jacobs.... why is that happening? I mean.... we should be one of the best red zone offenses. Maddening.
carr consistently throws behind waller. losing 2 td's and a pick in the end zone are a result of 2 of these throws.

Don't forget Sasquatch Hollins. Seriously, dude is a beast. Feed him.

This is embarrassing after all the bragging ive done on FB about how great the Raiders were going to be this season
Believe it or not that isn't a problem for me. At least on FB. Here.... fing what the hell do I know anyways?
Im from new england (now live in Florida near Tampa ,in direct line of the Hurricane ,yaaay me lol) and my Patriot fans / friends give me so much crap its crazy ...so when i finally feel like we are building something special,and it craps the bed like now , i gotta eat so much crow im gonna grow wings 😅

A demoralizing start to the season after the lofty expectations, but I’m here to ride it out.
Sure the way they went down were all ugly, but 3 losses by only 9 points total. One play in each game could have flipped things the other way.
I’ll choose to chalk it up to growing pains and hope they keep fighting!!!

REPORT: Raiders Owner Mark Davis had “Lengthy Closed Door Meeting” With Josh McDaniels After Loss To Titans​

The problem here lies in the lede. "Sky high expectations" were foolish pipe dreams.

Davante was not the missing piece for this team. There were simply too many holes and we all got way too excited and glossed over how large the talent gap between the Raiders and elite teams really was.

The gap is smaller, and a playoff run is still not out of the question. But they were a one-and-done team last season (at best) and they still are this season (at best).

Last edited:
The super thin, really dull, silver lining is the two loses from the Chargers and the Chiefs.

Random thoughts:
The continued changing of the Oline has to stop. Three games in, and they are still trying to solve problems normally resolved in preseason.
McDaniels play calling has been garbage, and to me this extends to the management of the play clock. What was McDaniels doing after Harmon's interception... 3 straight pass plays + penalties took them out of FG range.
Mack Hollins is amazing. Not only for his play at WR - but special teams as well. Downing that punt at the 2 yard line was a great play!
Carr has continued to throw behind Waller, no argument. But it seems like Waller has lost a bit 'drive' (can't come up with a better word... he isn't playing with the same edge he had in previous seasons imo... compare his effort/body language with that of Hollins)
I'm not sold on Jones being a bust just yet. I'm far more concerned with the play calling of Graham to be honest.

Can Davis claim he made a clerical error, and meant to hire McDaniel not McDaniels?
One thing his father always had a knack for was finding young brainiac coaches, guess Tommy Boy wasn’t paying attention.

In all seriousness, the team just isn’t in sync yet. Seems like every ball is just behind someone or just off someone’s fingertips.
And the defense is way too inconsistent and still lacks talent in all areas. And the Oline… Yeah, they’re still in preseason. Whatever happened to the old team building method of “building from the trenches “ first. Looks like they’re trying to buck the trend and build from the outside in, and it’s not working. You can’t do anything on offense without a solid Oline and if you can’t be stout up front on defense, forget about it.
Bottom line it’s and another regime change and another offense for Carr to learn, it’s not going to happen over night. Carr will take the blame as always and they’re probably in for a 7-10 season. It’s frustrating, the Jags are farther along than the Raiders, not good…

The Dolts lost Slater, their LT, for the year.
Good for the Raiders I guess but I hate seeing #### like that. Kid is a great player.
Sucks for him. Never want to dance on someone's grave (rhetorically or literally) but it is part of the game unfortunately. They are dealing with some major injuries. Herbie is hurting and that isn't going away anytime soon.... specially if they keep him in there when the game is already lost. JC was out. Bosa left the game. And there is more.

Nate Hobbs in the concussion protocol.

Easily the 2nd best player on D and arguably the 2nd best on the team.
Adams and maxx would like a word.

1. Maxx
2. Debatable between Adams and Hobbs, based on the way Hobbs played the first three games.

Big drop off after these three.

I'm in agreement here. Almost posted the same comment calling out Adams... But in terms of importance to the team right now, Hobbs contributions give him the slight edge to #2.

I love Hobbs. He’s not a better player than Adams. Mcdaniels is not utilizing Adam’s enough. 🤷‍♂️

I hope Hobbs clears the cobwebs for this week. And can we see some Koonce please?

If he were a QB they’d just brush some dirt off him and throw him back out there (see Tua last weekend) what a bunch of BS that was, guy clearly bumped his head hard on the ground and was visibly woosy on National TV. James hasn’t played in a couple weeks now Hobbs might be a no-go. How can Miami get away with that?

If he were a QB they’d just brush some dirt off him and throw him back out there (see Tua last weekend) what a bunch of BS that was, guy clearly bumped his head hard on the ground and was visibly woosy on National TV. James hasn’t played in a couple weeks now Hobbs might be a no-go. How can Miami get away with that?
My thing about that is if it was a back/neck issue like said.... are you telling me you still let the guy go back in when he clearly can't stand up?

Beyond that.... when he got back up, he shook his head like you try to do when you are concussed trying to clear your head.

No doubt in my mind that he was concussed. The only thing I can think of is the medical team did not review the footage and went by what he was saying and their examination did not catch any symptoms... I am not a medical expert but I believe you can be concussed and not show symptoms.

Daniel Popper
@danielrpopper
So to recap for #Chargers...

• QB: fractured rib cartilage
• All-Pro center: knee injury
• All-Pro LT likely to miss season with torn biceps
• No. 1 receiver has strained hamstring
• Top pass rusher has groin injury
• Top CB not responding as expected from ankle surgery
10:12 AM · Sep 26, 2022
·TweetDeck

Daniel Popper
@danielrpopper

·TweetDeck
Yea, they are getting hammered with injuries right now.

We have some important guys out but most should be back soon and most don't seem like lingering type of injuries. Herbie is gonna be hurting all year long. Groin and hammy's are known for lingering. Ankle for JC seems to be a problem.

Daniel Popper
@danielrpopper

·TweetDeck

We have some important guys out but most should be back soon and most don't seem like lingering type of injuries. Herbie is gonna be hurting all year long. Groin and hammy's are known for lingering. Ankle for JC seems to be a problem.

I never root for injuries in sports, but it is beneficial for the 0-3 Raiders to have the Chargers, in particular, be the divisional rival facing this kind of adversity. Win the next two against the Donks and Queefs and suddenly the season restarts in fine shape.

Both are must win, but one at a time. Take care of business at home this weekend.

Daniel Popper
@danielrpopper

·TweetDeck

I never root for injuries in sports, but it is beneficial for the 0-3 Raiders to have the Chargers, in particular, be the divisional rival facing this kind of adversity. Win the next two against the Donks and Queefs and suddenly the season restarts in fine shape.

Both are must win, but one at a time. Take care of business at home this weekend.
The Donkeys have not looked good. They are playing at a lower level than I expected. The Dolts struggling with these injuries will slow them. KC lost but I haven't seen a game of theirs yet but I was hoping not having Hill would turn their offense into being more containable.

it seems there were plenty of plays and points left on the field against the titans. I feel the offense will get things going at some point, but the defense still has chandler jones eating up too much cap for nothing in return. that's not going away.

team has the potential to go on a hot streak, or maybe I'm just fooling myself. a lot depends on carr taking more control and mcdaniels figuring out the run game.

it seems there were plenty of plays and points left on the field against the titans. I feel the offense will get things going at some point, but the defense still has chandler jones eating up too much cap for nothing in return. that's not going away.

team has the potential to go on a hot streak, or maybe I'm just fooling myself. a lot depends on carr taking more control and mcdaniels figuring out the run game.

If they can’t beat the sad looking Broncos, then there is no hot streak that’ll matter. It’ll be the lowest of low points to lose to them this weekend. 🤮

Holy crap Chandler Jones has beyond a bad contract, which is gonna sting for a while... This ****er is guaranteed top ten Edge money for the next two years and then the Raiders can finally cut him and absorb another $7 MM in dead cap in 2024 (after taking $8 MM in dead cap this season to trade Ngakoue). YIKES!!! McZeigler with a huge whiff on this transaction. Like gigantic, transformative, multi-year roster/locker room-shaking whiff on this one. :(

Lesson: never EVER give a 32 yr old who isn't coming off some kind of father-time defying all-world stretch this kind of money beyond one year at most.

Damn it, Raiders. How many times are you going to be fooled by old dawgs looking for one last big contract to semi-retire on while wearing S&B?!?!? As if this exact thing hasn't already happened at least ten other times over the last two decades. SMDH

CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $51,000,000SIGNING BONUS$12,000,000AVERAGE SALARY$17,000,000GTD AT SIGN:$32,000,000TOTAL GTD:$32,000,000FREE AGENT:2025 / UFA
BONUS BREAKDOWNCAP DETAILSCASH DETAILS
YEAR AGEBASE SALARYSIGNINGROSTERWORKOUTMISC.CAP HITDEAD CAPYEARLY CASH
2022lv.png32$4,000,000$2,400,000$660,000$252,000$500,000$7,812,000$32,252,000$17,412,000($17,412,000)
2023lv.png33$7,500,000$2,400,000$9,248,000$252,000-$19,400,000$25,600,000$17,000,000($34,412,000)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $34,412,000; $7,200,000 DEAD CAP​

2024lv.png34$16,000,000$2,400,000$748,000$252,000-$19,400,000$7,200,000$17,000,000($51,412,000)

Users who are viewing this thread