What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (66 Viewers)

Woj saying Porzingis will miss at least a few games. Whatever that means. Celtics should hope ORL-CLE goes to 7 games.
Porzingis is needed to win it all, but they can beat anyone in the East without him.

If he misses a week or 2 I don't think it is a big problem other than getting him back in the flow.
This is the same injury that has kept Giannis out for a full three weeks so far, right?
That’s what Tim bontemps says

The issue with Giannis, according to common wisdom around here, is that his injured left calf (soleus) is a bigger problem because he has a history of left achilles issues, including as recently as missing games in March for a strained left achilles. The theory being that a strained/weakened left calf might expose his left achilles to a more serious injury. I have no idea the truth of any of this.

Woj saying Porzingis will miss at least a few games. Whatever that means. Celtics should hope ORL-CLE goes to 7 games.
Porzingis is needed to win it all, but they can beat anyone in the East without him.

If he misses a week or 2 I don't think it is a big problem other than getting him back in the flow.
This is the same injury that has kept Giannis out for a full three weeks so far, right?

The issue with Giannis, according to common wisdom around here, is that his injured left calf (soleus) is a bigger problem because he has a history of left achilles issues, including as recently as missing games in March for a strained left achilles. The theory being that a strained/weakened left calf might expose his left achilles to a more serious injury. I have no idea the truth of any of this.
Gotta shut him down, right?

It's also the same injury that kept Durant out for a month before he ultimately blew out his Achilles in the finals.

Obviously, everybody is different and I'm nothing even approaching a doctor, but given Porzingis' history of leg injuries keeping him out, and him being an especially large human being, I would guess he would be a littler slower to return than the typical NBAer.

Maxey carries this team every game in the 4th quarter. He misses 3 FTs in the 4th? No problem. Just comes back and buries an absolute clutch long distance 3.

No way this ain't going to 7 so the Knicks can choke the series in MSG.

Classic "Knicks gonna Knick" ending.
It’s cute that you think they can out-child the sixers. The sixers will do something that no one ever has seen in the NBA in order to blow this
I'm thinking scoring on our own hoop by muffing a rebound off their face. Maybe Harris.

No way this ain't going to 7 so the Knicks can choke the series in MSG.

Classic "Knicks gonna Knick" ending.
It’s cute that you think they can out-choke the sixers. The sixers will do something that no one ever has seen in the NBA in order to blow this

I can totally see why you would think that. But one of the biggest Pacers fan sites/blogs is 8points9seconds.com. The fact that everybody in here immediately knows what that is referring to is a pretty good indication of who has experienced more impressive chokes.

So this works according to the NBA trade machine. Fill in various draft compensation and this makes everyone happy:

Suns give KD, get Julius Randle and Georges Niang

Knicks give Randle, get Donovan Mitchell and Nikola Jovic

Cavs give Mitchell, Niang, Ty Jerome and get Tyler Herro, Jaime Jaquez, and Duncan Robinson

Heat give Herro, Jaquez, Jovic, and Robinson and get KD

Suns get some draft stuff and a little more flexibility cap wise, and can still contend with Randle in for KD.

Knicks get the Mitchell they've always wanted.

Cavs move Mitchell before he asks out, get some good pieces to keep contending, and some draft stuff.

Heat get another star.

The top 5 in the West are just so much better than anyone in the East but Boston. Like I knew that, but these playoffs are just confirming it.

The Pacers and Knicks seem to be doing everything they can tonight to make their series more interesting. Knicks up 6pts with less than 30 seconds remaining and let the game go into OT. They then build a 5 pt lead in overtime and squander that.

The Pacers getting smoked by a decimated Bucks team. I felt like they were disappointing the last game where they let the Bucks hang around deep into the game—and tonight is well worse. If Lillard and Giannis can come back for game 6– I could see them coming back to win this series.

Users who are viewing this thread