What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 College football thread - That's A Wrap (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Oregon overall with Opt outs? Good to Nix playing and it makes me think blowout.
All american center opted out, probable 1st round receiver opted out, starting corner opted out, other starting corner hurt, starting D edge hurt. Probably a few more I can't think of. Best D lineman looked to get hurt on first play of game.

So I have a parlay cooking. All money lines:

Mizzou WIN
Tennessee
Alabama
Washington

+2008

What do you guys think? I'm probably gonna hedge Iowa +185. That will cover my initial bet if Tennessee loses that game.
Snow crab legs cooking later with a nice filet mignon in the wok, garlic butter drizzle on top, that's what we got cooking today
-Started with a bottle of Moet this morning, New Years starting out well

I'm going Michigan and Washington but mostly because of emotion vs reality. Bama can beat anyone, especially with a month to game plan
Saban will know every way to attack them

There aren't many "SOS" calculations that don't include garbage like recruiting classes, who was lost/gained etc, but here's one. It's straightforward and calculates the team's difficulty based on their opponents and who they played and how they faired in those contests.

Yeah, it uses their power rankings as a point of reference, so not perfect, but it cuts out a lot of that other garbage. I'll never understand the "stronger conference" stuff since most don't even play all the teams in the conference. The schedule is what matters. You'll notice in this ranking that the point spread between 1 and 50 is 14 points roughly. There isn't a huge gap like one might think when it comes to "SOS" if you take a bunch of the subjective nonsense away. Even ESPN's "strength of record" calculation has the two incredibly similar. I have no idea what goes into their numbers either. I just know that's what they allegedly use.
That list makes it look like the committee did a decent job, as long as one thinks the QB situation at Fla State is a reasonable factor.

These New Years Day games used to sell out easily. The upper decks are empty in both Florida games and can't tell in the Fiesta but one of the end zones is empty. I think there were more people at the UCF-GT game in Tampa two days before Christmas than at the LSU-Wisconsin game today in the same stadium. These games won't even exist in 5 years.

These New Years Day games used to sell out easily. The upper decks are empty in both Florida games and can't tell in the Fiesta but one of the end zones is empty. I think there were more people at the UCF-GT game in Tampa two days before Christmas than at the LSU-Wisconsin game today in the same stadium. These games won't even exist in 5 years.
I can assure you the Outback never sold out. Routinely 45-55k a game. I went to Michigan - USC in 2015 and the third deck was empty. I don’t think the citrus did either. Maybe in the 90s.

When this Fiesta Bowl matchup was first announced I posted that it was perhaps the most lopsided major Bowl matchup in history and that I hated to see it for both teams. I wish I had been wrong. The current score, 38-6 halfway through the 3rd quarter, is actually closer than I anticipated.

Surprisingly the TV ratings have been great though, so I’m sure the networks will prop these up as long as possible

GB America.

Iowa makes, what, $70 million a year on their TV contract?

$70 million of actual currency that comes from folks' hard work is shipped to the the University of Iowa, every year, so that the American public has the opportunity watch their football team play on the television.

GB America.

$70 million of actual currency that comes from folks' hard work is shipped to the the University of Iowa, every year, so that the American public has the opportunity watch their football team play on the television.
You guys watch this crapfest. It's been 10, maybe 20 years since I've watched a non-playoff bowl game. It's mind boggling how the American public has been enticed into watching Alabama play Northeast Tennessee State. Not picking on Bama, it's an example that applies at most top programs. The level of competitiveness is abysmal.

GB America.

You guys watch this crapfest. It's been 10, maybe 20 years since I've watched a non-playoff bowl game. It's mind boggling how the American public has been enticed into watching Alabama play Northeast Tennessee State. Not picking on Bama, it's an example that applies at most top programs. The level of competitiveness is abysmal.
Do you pull for anyone?

GB America.

Alabama is a weird namedrop considering they played Texas in the 2nd week of the season.

Trying to decide if it’s worth while to sign up for the Fubo trial to watch this game.

Roll tide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread