What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (10 Viewers)

Besides losing which obviously was a good thing there were some other positives that I really liked.

Mims looked friggen good like really good. Like he could be a difference maker

Perriman looked really good as well.

The corpse of Joe Flacco looked surprisingly good tonight. 

Becton before he left the game was his awesome self

Ashtyn Davis had his best game as a Jet and this could be the game that spring boards him. Love what I saw of him tonight.

Harvey Langi  also had his best game as a Jet as he was all over the field.

0-9 now. If we didn't win a game like tonight vs a decimated Patriot team, I'd be shocked now if we don't get the #1 overall.

So all in all a good night. We lost and some players we needed to see do well did....so all is good here in Jet land....lol

Yeah you guys seriously underestimated Gase's ability to come through in the clutch.  Pats needed to bring in Hue Jackson as temporary coach to pull this one off.

-QG

Wide open.....caM has to be in on it
Umm, no. Obviously Newton is not in on any tank. The Patriots lost a couple games right at the end and there is nothing in the past 20 years that would suggest the Patriots would blow a game in Week 9 on purpose. 

One positive is that this WR Corp. is really not bad when all are healthy. I’d still like the to build on it during the offseason - but Sam should get a chance to “put up or shut up” if he gets healthy.

One positive is that this WR Corp. is really not bad when all are healthy. I’d still like the to build on it during the offseason - but Sam should get a chance to “put up or shut up” if he gets healthy.
Healthy being the key word. All three have had a lot of injury issues this season.

I think Mims has looked pretty good since his first game, but I'll need Todd's confirmation. He's not easily impressed. @rockaction

We all know that Crowder is a really good slot receiver, but he also has a history of injury issues going back to his Washington days.

Perriman now has more tds than Anderson. Just saying. Perriman has been banged up in every game though.

The WR corps isn't bad when healthy, but that's why those guys can be had on the cheap, Perriman especially. Guy has never been bad, just never healthy. Crowder has missed a lot of time over the years, too -- an inordinate amount, actually.

Mims looks fine for a rookie. There's some stuff he does like sorta almost giving up on routes when he's not the primary target that is very rookie-esque, but yeah, he's looked decent when they throw his way. I can't tell how much separation he's getting on his routes because I don't have all-22, but he was blanketed several times last night on Flacco's deep throws. Probably would rather like to see him open more than not when the ball is coming your way. But there's nothing to really complain about.

Good enough for you, NYRAGE?

Healthy being the key word. All three have had a lot of injury issues this season.

I think Mims has looked pretty good since his first game, but I'll need Todd's confirmation. He's not easily impressed. @rockaction

We all know that Crowder is a really good slot receiver, but he also has a history of injury issues going back to his Washington days.

Perriman now has more tds than Anderson. Just saying. Perriman has been banged up in every game though.
Yes health is surely an issue - and I'm not sure Perriman is in the long term plans anyway.

I think Mims has looked really good, but the story is not complete yet, admittedly. He's athletic and his size/speed combo is rare. Hopefully he stays healthy so he can continue to grow.

Yes health is surely an issue - and I'm not sure Perriman is in the long term plans anyway.

I think Mims has looked really good, but the story is not complete yet, admittedly. He's athletic and his size/speed combo is rare. Hopefully he stays healthy so he can continue to grow.
He's a little raw now, but I think he's going to be a stud. Just think, he had no camp and had been hurt all summer.

Yeah, encouraged from what I've seem from Mims, but lets not get ahead of ourselves

Remember Stephen Hill's first game?  5 for 84 with 2 scores.

NOT saying Mims=Hill, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Besides losing which obviously was a good thing there were some other positives that I really liked.

Mims looked friggen good like really good. Like he could be a difference maker

Perriman looked really good as well.

The corpse of Joe Flacco looked surprisingly good tonight. 

Becton before he left the game was his awesome self

Ashtyn Davis had his best game as a Jet and this could be the game that spring boards him. Love what I saw of him tonight.

Harvey Langi  also had his best game as a Jet as he was all over the field.

0-9 now. If we didn't win a game like tonight vs a decimated Patriot team, I'd be shocked now if we don't get the #1 overall.

So all in all a good night. We lost and some players we needed to see do well did....so all is good here in Jet land....lol
Agree with all of the above- I think I even saw Bryce Hall in the game - this could be a really good draft class....

Also add the new kicker - he looks really good....ficken may be gone

why the heck they continue to feed Gore over Perine....praying that they address that after the bye and just feature Perine to give him a shot.....

So I guess thats a wrap ob Herndon - add TE to the list of needs.  

Umm, no. Obviously Newton is not in on any tank. The Patriots lost a couple games right at the end and there is nothing in the past 20 years that would suggest the Patriots would blow a game in Week 9 on purpose. 
Little too much bourbon and emotion - while Belichick wont outright tank....I can see him resting players last game if they are set in a playoff spot.....or bench all the vets and play a bunch of 2d stringers if out of it on that last game....just hard to believe the Pats look this bad. 

So I guess thats a wrap ob Herndon - add TE to the list of needs.  
One of the more disappointing aspects as he really looked to have star potential - not sure what happened there.

Langi the UDFA they picked up after the Pats released him looked like a high motor guy and perhaps some decent depth moving forward. He was all over the field.

Little too much bourbon and emotion - while Belichick wont outright tank....I can see him resting players last game if they are set in a playoff spot.....or bench all the vets and play a bunch of 2d stringers if out of it on that last game....just hard to believe the Pats look this bad. 
Pats actually have worse talent at WR than the Jets.

Yeah, forgot to mention this kicker. Kid is pretty good. Might have fallen ### backwards into a gem there. Very Un-Jets like

now if we can just get a QB, a running back born in the late 90's, a TE, 2 guards, a Center, 2 pass rushers, 3 corners and a coach, we might be in business.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the more disappointing aspects as he really looked to have star potential - not sure what happened there.

Langi the UDFA they picked up after the Pats released him looked like a high motor guy and perhaps some decent depth moving forward. He was all over the field.
I think he completely lost his confidence - once it showed then the QBs lost confidence as well.....a good coach on an 0-8 team would find a way to get him the ball to see if he can work out of it but thats not going to happen......too bad. 

Pats actually have worse talent at WR than the Jets.
I think the Jets are in a much better position than the Pats....they have more talent and assets.....much younger......and the Pats are in that zone with Bellichick where they will win just enough to not get prime picks....I think they will be bottom dwellers in the division next year....Dolphins and Bills officially the elite with Jets hopefully on way up if they get Lawrence and a new coach.  

I think the Jets are in a much better position than the Pats....they have more talent and assets.....much younger......and the Pats are in that zone with Bellichick where they will win just enough to not get prime picks....I think they will be bottom dwellers in the division next year....Dolphins and Bills officially the elite with Jets hopefully on way up if they get Lawrence and a new coach.  
The Jets still have one very big disadvantage - Woody Johnson.

Yeah, forgot to mention this kicker. Kid is pretty good. Might have fallen ### backwards into a gem there. Very Un-Jets like

now if we can just get a QB, a running back born in the late 90's, a TE, 2 guards, a Center, 2 pass rushers, 3 corners and a coach, we might be in business.
When I saw Castillo kick those long field goals in the KC wind, I knew we had our new kicker...well, unless Gase/JD hand Ficken his job again. Ficken hasn't had a bad year either. He did miss one cheapie, but there was a penalty on the play, so he got a second shot at it.

Castillo seems to have a better leg and kicks them right down the middle (so far in a small sample of three games).

Absolutely - but trying to look on bright side....he cant be worse than Chris....they actually went to two AFCCG with Woody....Im ready for Chris to hit the road.  
Dumb and dumber.  Not much hope with either.

I wish Steve Cohen would look underneath the cushions in his couch and buy the Jets.  Cohen is giving a great press conference now btw. All Mets fans should be ecstatic.  If only we were so lucky with the Jets.

I wish Steve Cohen would look underneath the cushions in his couch and buy the Jets.  Cohen is giving a great press conference now btw. All Mets fans should be ecstatic.  If only we were so lucky with the Jets.
My god, I don't  think him or Sandy could have had any better answers than we (Mutt fans) could have asked for.

Gotta admit.....I was so jealous watching that presser

I am a Mets fan so at least one of my teams may be competent now.
As a longtime Jets, Mets, Rangers and Knicks fan, at least 2 of my teams(Mets and Rangers) actually provide hope that one day in the near future, I'll attend a championship winning parade again before it's all over for me. Seeing I've only been to two parades in my life...the '86 Mets and '94 Ranger parades which were glorious occasions, I'm not counting my chickens just yet. But I at least have hope and can see the light at the end of the tunnel for both teams as I'd be surprised if I don't get at least one if not 2 Cups from the Rangers and 1 WS from the Mets by the end of the decade.

The Jets?...I just don't see a SB in their future even with a very competent GM in Douglass in charge and tons of draft capital. I can see multiple playoff appearances this decade especially if we get Lawrence but a SB appearance for the Jets?...I think not

. The Knicks? LOL...enough said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Manish Mehta@MMehtaNYDN

JETS OFFENSE RANKINGS at midpoint of season:

• Total: 32
  • Pass: 32
  • Yards/play: 32
  • 1st Downs: 32
  • 3rd Dn %: 32
  • Red Zone: 32
  • TDs: 32
  • Punts: 32
  • Pt differential: 32
  • Rush: 22
  • Pressure %: 31
  • QB hits allowed: 31
  • Sacks allowed: 29
--------------------------------------

If they do the top things on this list in the linked article the team could turn around quickly. 

Having the GM pick the HC is a good start.

I've been pimping EB for years.  I went to CU when he was THE-MAN and have followed his NFL AND coaching career.  He's ready.

Obviously we know the top pick and if they can get anything for Darnold its a huge win.

Rebuilding Plans for NFL Teams That Need an Overhaul in 2021

New York Jets

Expect the Jets to part ways with Gase and rebuild the team with a head coach of Douglas' choice.

Objective No. 1: Allow GM Joe Douglas to Pick His HC 

...Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy ...

Objective No. 2: Choose a Top QB, Trade Sam Darnold... 

... select Lawrence and deal Darnold...
Go to the link for the full read.

No doubt that Bieniemy has earned a shot.

I just think they need to REALLY dig in and determine just how much autonomy he has under Reid (in terms of game planning and play calling input, although I believe Reid calls the plays)  and how much he had to do with developing Mahomes.

Certainly not saying he's not qualified, but you just dont want to hire a guy and then find out he was mostly just along for the ride with a HOF coach (as we've seen with many of BB's assistants from New England)

I just think they need to REALLY dig in and determine just how much autonomy he has under Reid (in terms of game planning and play calling input, although I believe Reid calls the plays)  and how much he had to do with developing Mahomes.

Certainly not saying he's not qualified, but you just dont want to hire a guy and then find out he was mostly just along for the ride with a HOF coach (as we've seen with many of BB's assistants from New England)
I believe Eric will have a few options so its not a given that he'd be available to the Jets.  

Reid has given him more control of the offense and he comes up with some incredible plays/game plans and he's active during games changing game scripts.  

I ran into Gary Kubiak years and years ago when he was returning from a failed interview with Cleveland and I could see he was shaken up and hadn't gotten the job.  Shanahan was calling plays and running offensive meetings, Gary was a friend of Elway and was an OC in name.  He was nowhere near ready.

A few years ago when EB started pinging on HC interviews he wasn't ready so Reid began giving him control.  He easily is a better HC than Gase.

Plain and simple, Beiniemy 'should' already be an NFL HC. 

He's ready.

I believe Eric will have a few options so its not a given that he'd be available to the Jets.  

Reid has given him more control of the offense and he comes up with some incredible plays/game plans and he's active during games changing game scripts.  

I ran into Gary Kubiak years and years ago when he was returning from a failed interview with Cleveland and I could see he was shaken up and hadn't gotten the job.  Shanahan was calling plays and running offensive meetings, Gary was a friend of Elway and was an OC in name.  He was nowhere near ready.

A few years ago when EB started pinging on HC interviews he wasn't ready so Reid began giving him control.  He easily is a better HC than Gase.

Plain and simple, Beiniemy 'should' already be an NFL HC. 

He's ready.
Maybe he is not calling plays or solely responsible for developing Mahomes....but hes a trusted part of the inner circle and has learned from one of the best in the business and has respect throughout the league......thats enough for me.  

Bienemy interviewed with the Jets and they hired Gase instead. How bad do you have to be viewed for someone to hire Gase over you? Even if they also liked Bienemy,, there were a few other guys mentioned in the choice for coach and he wasn't one of them.

Now whether he would be a good choice or not is another story. It's not like the Johnson's have a winning track record of picking coaches and GMs.

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports Lamical Perine "will be the featured back over the remainder of the season as the organization tries to determine if he can be a future RB1."

Perine has been operating as the No. 2 back behind veteran Frank Gore, which is a classic Adam Gase decision. Like Cimini writes, the Jets need to see if their young players have any juice and times ticking. Perine, a fourth-round rookie, could see double-digit touches down the stretch. Of course, touches in this offense are low value, making Perine only a bench hold in 12-team leagues.

Cimini said the Jets should feature Perine over the second half of the season to find out what they have with him, but ofc Rotoworld spins it as if Cimini got that from the team and not speculation of his.  

Hell, we have all been saying that for weeks (months?), but yet Gase still feeds Gore for some reason.

Cimini said the Jets should feature Perine over the second half of the season to find out what they have with him, but ofc Rotoworld spins it as if Cimini got that from the team and not speculation of his.  

Hell, we have all been saying that for weeks (months?), but yet Gase still feeds Gore for some reason.
I just read the quote ("will") and not the full story so assumed he was reporting not speculating. Oh well, I'm sure Gase dope will continue to run Gore straight ahead.

I just read the quote ("will") and not the full story so assumed he was reporting not speculating. Oh well, I'm sure Gase dope will continue to run Gore straight ahead.
Oh no, it's not about you. I have a thing against Rotoworld. They add their own spin, often incorrectly (e.g. they always take beat reporter speculation as it's being reported as actual team news told to the reporter). Then before you know it, other sites pick up on it as fact. Then it spreads nationally. Rotoworld is the worst.

Oh no, it's not about you. I have a thing against Rotoworld. They add their own spin, often incorrectly (e.g. they always take beat reporter speculation as it's being reported as actual team news told to the reporter). Then before you know it, other sites pick up on it as fact. Then it spreads nationally. Rotoworld is the worst.
Guess I'll have to disagree with you here Rage as Rotoworld has helped me enormously over the years to win numerous fantasy titles in both my longtime big $$ football and hockey leagues. When your busy as #### as I am, it's very nice to be able to go too one site which is free btw, not have to scour the internet which takes quite a bit of time, and be able to find the pertinent information you need whether it be injury info or lineup situations to help you fantasywise or otherwise. 

I used to subscribe to the John Hanson's Fantasy Guru site for example and tho it was only $24.99 per fantasy football season, I found Rotoworld to be just as if not more useful for what I needed. Anyways, different strokes for different folkes I believe goes the credo...lol

Guess I'll have to disagree with you here Rage as Rotoworld has helped me enormously over the years to win numerous fantasy titles in both my longtime big $$ football and hockey leagues. When your busy as #### as I am, it's very nice to be able to go too one site which is free btw, not have to scour the internet which takes quite a bit of time, and be able to find the pertinent information you need whether it be injury info or lineup situations to help you fantasywise or otherwise. 

I used to subscribe to the John Hanson's Fantasy Guru site for example and tho it was only $24.99 per fantasy football season, I found Rotoworld to be just as if not more useful for what I needed. Anyways, different strokes for different folkes I believe goes the credo...lol
I have no problem with their information such as this guy missed practice or was declared out. It's their commentary that is bad. They try to add their own spin and often mislead by quoting speculation as fact.

Quite frankly, the art of reporting has changed. I used to cover a minor league hockey team for a newspaper. Back then, it was all factual reporting of events. Maybe add some color for descriptions. Now it's all hot-takes for clicks and reactions. Just look at Manish with his fabrications or even Cimini with his shots at the team /fans.  But I digress.

You're right. It's nice to have everything in one place. There are lots of places for that. This site has a news page. There are free sites like Rotoworld, Sleeper, the Score, etc. All I'm saying is beware of what you read. You may not have the time, but when you read something from Rotoworld, click on the link for the source of their news. Sometimes it's just a dummy like Cimini giving his opinion or maybe it's the beat writer quoting the coach/gm.  Personally, I follow the beat reporters or guys like Schefter on Twitter. Not everyone has the time, but it's usually the original source of the info and not the telephone game that we played in grade school (where the message changes each time it passes a different person).

enjoying a Jet free week to reload for the no doubt excruciating 7 week stretch run.....who knew tanking would be this exhausting!  

rooting for Jags but no way they beat PAckers....so focusing on the texans, Bengals, Chargers and Giants today to at least give some room for the 2d pick just in case.....

enjoying a Jet free week to reload for the no doubt excruciating 7 week stretch run.....who knew tanking would be this exhausting!  

rooting for Jags but no way they beat PAckers....so focusing on the texans, Bengals, Chargers and Giants today to at least give some room for the 2d pick just in case.....
I'm with you...Go Jags but no chance in hell they beat the Pack. Hopefully at least my #2 Chark has a nice game in my most important league as I'm playing the team I'm tied with for first place and a nice game from Chark would certainly help. Not sure I can expect 45+ points again from my top guys Kyler and Dalvin. Go Jags again for good measure!

If Sam cant go after a bye week he may be toast for the season.....I can see them keeping him out until the last week just to show trading teams that the shoulder is healthy......but now Im getting upset.....they had a bye week and spent a 5th on this Morgan kid....if Jax and Dallas can start late rd draft pick so can the Jets.....zero reason to watch a Flacco led team.  If Morgan stinks then they lock up the top pick....if hes good they at least have a backup for yrs.....I despise how they coddle and protect QBs that aren't 1st rd picks....

Sam Darnold (shoulder) won't play in Week 11 against the Chargers.

Coach Adam Gase said Darnold will be on an "interval throwing program" but won't be an option for injured reserve. It's clearly an ominous sign for his outlook moving forward that Darnold can't even attend practice following an extended rest during the team's bye. Darnold himself said "it's a smart decision not to play" since his shoulder has "gotta heal." Joe Flacco, who flashed for 263 yards and three touchdowns prior to New York's bye, will continue to start in the interim.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Nov 16, 2020, 2:38 PM ET

I'm with you guys about Flacco/Morgan....ugggg....ugggg...ugggg.

OK I'm about to go on a rant so you've been warned:

This is all part and parcel of the problem of hiring GM's and HC's separately. Gase is in survival mode right now and Douglass is in build for the future mode. It just never works and it's obviously not working here.

The fact that we are even discussing this is depressing as hell but in what galaxy does a franchise that’s 0-9 clearly in rebuilding mode,, not start their rookie 4th round QB, after a bye week no less, to find out what he has to offer for the future when the biggest need unfortunately is still incredibly a franchise QB.?

Why the F would you start Flacco ever again when James Morgan is just waiting to make his debut? . Starting Flacco makes zero sense. Only the Jets. This is why they are who they are.

50 yrs of my life and still the same old bull####. OK rant over no reason to duck..y'all can come back out back now!

I'm with you guys about Flacco/Morgan....ugggg....ugggg...ugggg.

OK I'm about to go on a rant so you've been warned:

This is all part and parcel of the problem of hiring GM's and HC's separately. Gase is in survival mode right now and Douglass is in build for the future mode. It just never works and it's obviously not working here.

The fact that we are even discussing this is depressing as hell but in what galaxy does a franchise that’s 0-9 clearly in rebuilding mode,, not start their rookie 4th round QB, after a bye week no less, to find out what he has to offer for the future when the biggest need unfortunately is still incredibly a franchise QB.?

Why the F would you start Flacco ever again when James Morgan is just waiting to make his debut? . Starting Flacco makes zero sense. Only the Jets. This is why they are who they are.

50 yrs of my life and still the same old bull####. OK rant over no reason to duck..y'all can come back out back now!
Its bizzare and why Jet fans are so beaten and downtrodden.....what better scenario to give the kid a run....theres literally no downside yet they will trot out a 30+yr old who has zero chance of being a part of the future....if this was the 1st time maybe you could explain it but it happens time and time again....they spent a 2d rder on Hack and literally hid their shame.....

the answer is very simply - it has to be either Gase refuses to play the kid and in that case fire him.....or the kid is so bad that the franchise wont even let the league see how awful he is in an 0-9 tanking season.....which even if true makes no sense because without Lawrence at this point the franchise will be set back another 5 yrs....

The Chargers looked pretty bad last week.....Jets can absolutely win with Flacco.....much more in doubt with Morgan - and even if Morgan winds up looking good and somehow pulls out a victory at least there is some semblance of prosperity for JD finding a decent QB in mid rds...

there is literally no downside....you just have to wonder if anyone over there has a clue.  I am shocked it hasnt been more of a story.  

TLEF316 said:
yeah, its beyond stupid. But this isn't shocking.

Was hoping Jax would pull it out yesterday and give us a cushion. Almost
These dopes are still trying to win a game. I can't wait until they win exactly one game to drop us in the draft Or even 2 games to take us out even the Fields range. Then they can run with the team didn't quit under Gase narrative.

The icing on the cake will be when they announce that Gase will be back next year.

Its bizzare and why Jet fans are so beaten and downtrodden.....what better scenario to give the kid a run....theres literally no downside yet they will trot out a 30+yr old who has zero chance of being a part of the future....if this was the 1st time maybe you could explain it but it happens time and time again....they spent a 2d rder on Hack and literally hid their shame.....

the answer is very simply - it has to be either Gase refuses to play the kid and in that case fire him.....or the kid is so bad that the franchise wont even let the league see how awful he is in an 0-9 tanking season.....which even if true makes no sense because without Lawrence at this point the franchise will be set back another 5 yrs....

The Chargers looked pretty bad last week.....Jets can absolutely win with Flacco.....much more in doubt with Morgan - and even if Morgan winds up looking good and somehow pulls out a victory at least there is some semblance of prosperity for JD finding a decent QB in mid rds...

there is literally no downside....you just have to wonder if anyone over there has a clue.  I am shocked it hasnt been more of a story.  
it's the same feeling watching Gore get more touches than Perine every week.

Although it took a miracle for us to lose to the Pats last game, let's not forget that the Chargers have been mastering the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for years.  This game will be scary. Gase has had 2 weeks to plan for this game. Luckily he won't make any halftime adjustments.

it's the same feeling watching Gore get more touches than Perine every week.

Although it took a miracle for us to lose to the Pats last game, let's not forget that the Chargers have been mastering the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for years.  This game will be scary. Gase has had 2 weeks to plan for this game. Luckily he won't make any halftime adjustments.
Every snap that Gore and Flacco take is a direct insult to any intelligent Jet fan......

Users who are viewing this thread

• Witz