What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (9 Viewers)

Yeah, if I was still in my 20's/early 30's and were emotionally tied to this joke of a franchise, id be humiliated.

I honestly dont know what the hell kind of football job this guy is going to get after he finally gets canned. I guess some team could hire him in some sort of backroom analysis role, but you can't make him your OC or anyone directly responsible for what happens on the field and still keep any sort of credibility.
Getting this job was the worst thing for his career.....he really needed to be humbled and work his way back up for another shot a few years later....he is toxic now.  Cant see him rebounding like Bowles who is having a decent comeback in TB...Johnson looks like a complete fool if he didnt already.  

Getting this job was the worst thing for his career.....he really needed to be humbled and work his way back up for another shot a few years later....he is toxic now.  Cant see him rebounding like Bowles who is having a decent comeback in TB...Johnson looks like a complete fool if he didnt already.  
Bowles is competent as a DC (although I might have adjusted a LITTLE earlier to the Tyreke Hill show yesterday......) but not a HC. And that's ok.  He's probably going to get a 2nd shot for a variety of reasons (including the fact that he IS a VERY good DC....) but I'm guessing the results will be the same. I dont think he's cut out to lead a franchise.

Gase is just a moron.  I honestly have no idea how he got through an interview.

So:

Who is at the top of everyone's wish list for a [hopefully] new coach?
Retreads: Bill O'Brien, Marrone (?), Jim Harbaugh

Young/innovative up and comers: Joe Brady,  Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Mushy middle: Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern, surprised this name popped up), Bienemy (we already passed on him)

I'm missing probably a dozen other names that have been kicked around.  For me, I would like to see Brady or Campbell get hired and keep Gregg Williams around.  This type of formula worked with McVay in LA, and while Williams is a d*** in his own right, he's an above avg DC that can be given full reigns.  Once the aura of Adam Gase is sanitized out, youngblood comes in hopefully reinvigorating the entire franchise, including the likely currently malcontent GW.  He'll command the respect of the D, and if you go with Brady, he'll be able to truly hone in on the offense/development of Trevor - the way it's drawn up on paper with a lot of teams these days it seems.  Campbell is apparently an A+ culture builder, CEO type to my knowledge, so we would still be chasing that magical OC to finally development a system our franchise QB can learn, grow and flourish in for 10+ years.

The absolute last name I want on that or any list is f'n Harbaugh.  I get nauseous every time someone brings that name up to come coach this team.  We all seem to have our limits on how long we can stick it out with this franchise - this is my line in the sand.  If they hire him, I'm out.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see the Gase presser where Cimini cross examined Gase and caught him in a bold face lie on playcalling....claimed Loggins still playing the calls and Cimini called out that they watched Loggins for a long time and it was clear he was not...."he was just standing there" lol.....Gase got flustered and stammered out some BS but clearly busted....so blame the 3 pt performance on him....cant wait for this guy to be gone...what a terrible coach and rep of teh franchise....I despise him more than Kotite which is saying something...
I believe that was Connor Hughes that I heard question Gase, but whatever.  I have a hard time understanding why he is lying about this. Is he trying to escape blame for the play-calling? It's just weird.

I'm not sure if you guys heard/read this, but Lewis allegedly got into it with Gase and told him that he wished he had followed J Adams out the door. Gase cursed him out and then benched him yesterday.

So:

Young/innovative up and comers: Sean Brady,  Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Mushy middle: Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern, surprised this name popped up), Bienemy (we already passed on him)

I'm missing probably a dozen other names that have been kicked around.  For me, I would like to see Brady or Campbell get hired and keep Gregg Williams around.  This type of formula worked with McVay in LA, and while Williams is a d*** in his own right, he's an above avg DC that can be given full reigns.  Once the aura of Adam Gase is sanitized out, youngblood comes in hopefully reinvigorating the entire franchise, including the likely currently malcontent GW.  He'll command the respect of the D, and if you go with Brady, he'll be able to truly hone in on the offense/development of Trevor - the way it's drawn up on paper with a lot of teams these days it seems.  Campbell is apparently an A+ culture builder, CEO type to my knowledge, so we would still be chasing that magical OC to finally development a system our franchise QB can learn, grow and flourish in for 10+ years.

The absolute last name I want on that or any list is f'n Harbaugh.  I get nauseous every time someone brings that name up to come coach this team.  We all seem to have our limits on how long we can stick it out with this franchise - this is my line in the sand.  If they hire him, I'm out.    
No retreads please. At this point, I'll take almost anyone that isn't a proven failure at the NFL level. Not sure if I'm crazy about any unproven coordinator either. Been there, done that.  What does that leave? A college coach?

I'm not sure if you guys heard/read this, but Lewis allegedly got into it with Gase and told him that he wished he had followed J Adams out the door. Gase cursed him out and then benched him yesterday.
I cant blame him for hating on Gase but who the heck does Alex Lewis think he is?  He has been a JAG at best and isnt in the same ballpark to complain like Jamal.  One positive is he's an easy cut for next year - thats another $5M saved.....if they can roll over all of this yr and cut Anderson thats $123M....should be enough to land a solid RT, Wr and pass rusher.  

So:

I assume you mean JOE Brady?

At this point, I just want someone offensive minded who can hold an adult conversation and make proper eye contact when asked a question.

So:

Seems like we do this every 2 yrs.....

Definitely could change but my short list would be Brady, Matt Campbell, Fitzgerald and Arthur Smith.....Id offer them to have GWill stay as hes a solid DC but would not make it mandatory like they did to Rhule....GWill is not worth losing a good candidate. 

I am not interested in 

Bienemy - how bad did he interview to lose out to gase the 1st time.

Marrone - JAG of coaches - not looking to be mediocre

Bob O'Brien - stink of Hopkins disaster all over him - he wouldnt have personnel power so if he just coached I could live with it over the others 

Harbaugh - I really wanted him the 1st time around - hes been humbled a bit at Michigan and while he can be grating he took over a bad SF team and got them to a Super Bowl - if we couldnt get my short list Id be ok with him but doubt he would want to play ball with JD

Roman/Wink - no Balt coordinators please

Yeah, i want absolutely nothing to do with O'Brien. Even if he was just limited to coaching, I think his personality is a problem. Any time you chase away a talent like Hopkins (who as far as "diva" WR's go, seems quite level headed and easy going), its a big red flag. 

Yeah, i want absolutely nothing to do with O'Brien. Even if he was just limited to coaching, I think his personality is a problem. Any time you chase away a talent like Hopkins (who as far as "diva" WR's go, seems quite level headed and easy going), its a big red flag. 
Bill Parcells was tough on his players, but he was respected. Coaches like Gase and O'Brien are hated by their players and not respected at all.  O'Brien should never be brought up in this forum again.

Add Patricia to the list, too. Hated and not respected.

I'd be pissed if he benched one of my favorite defensive players from the nineties. 

Bowles is competent as a DC (although I might have adjusted a LITTLE earlier to the Tyreke Hill show yesterday......) but not a HC. And that's ok.  He's probably going to get a 2nd shot for a variety of reasons (including the fact that he IS a VERY good DC....) but I'm guessing the results will be the same. I dont think he's cut out to lead a franchise.

Gase is just a moron.  I honestly have no idea how he got through an interview.
Bowles likes to blitz. A lot. And if the players would just go where they should, they'll have tons of sacks and pressure and...

Oh wait, wasn't Bowles the master of the blitz that never got home against the greats like Brady? Yep, that's how I remember it. If you can't blitz 'em...

A guy like Robert Saleh or Arthur Smith should be at the head of most lists.

The head of the Jets list is likely a retread like Jay Gruden or Jason Garret.

Obviously others have touched on it....but really glad that the jets didn't panic on Q. Being praised all over the place today. His "hidden production" has come out of hiding and he's making impact plays.

Not that I was ever in favor of moving him, but I certainly had my doubts (based on the Jets DT drafting history). Glad to be sort of wrong here.

Obviously others have touched on it....but really glad that the jets didn't panic on Q. Being praised all over the place today. His "hidden production" has come out of hiding and he's making impact plays.

Not that I was ever in favor of moving him, but I certainly had my doubts (based on the Jets DT drafting history). Glad to be sort of wrong here.
I think most of the fans were just smarting over Leonard Williams failure....Leo is actually having a decent year but is in no way worth the $ the Giants are paying him and he will command in the offseason.  

Q is young, athletic, makes plays and has 2 more cheap years - perfect building block on the defense.  

Obviously others have touched on it....but really glad that the jets didn't panic on Q.
I think Q's showing up at the airport with a loaded gun on his person certainly set off some alarm bells, especially for those that remember NY football. How did that thought -- the thought that an airport might not be a place he'd be allowed a loaded gun -- never cross his mind? 

Just saw this blurb - damage control after being caught lying.....but the reasoning is even more hysterical.....what a joke this franchise has become...I know keeping this clown is the best chance of tanking but he should be fired the minute the top pick is locked in.  Im talking fired on the field is it happens.....

"Jets coach Adam Gase said the team's play-calling is being labeled a "collaborative effort" because he doesn't want to give away too much information for a "competitive disadvantage."

Just saw this blurb - damage control after being caught lying.....but the reasoning is even more hysterical.....what a joke this franchise has become...I know keeping this clown is the best chance of tanking but he should be fired the minute the top pick is locked in.  Im talking fired on the field is it happens.....

"Jets coach Adam Gase said the team's play-calling is being labeled a "collaborative effort" because he doesn't want to give away too much information for a "competitive disadvantage."
I saw that earlier and my immediate thought was: Loggains and Gase. The rare time when two heads aren't better than one.

So:

Young/innovative up and comers: Joe Brady,  Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Bieniemy losing to Gase in the interview process was weird. Gase beating out anybody was weird. I'm not joking. Gase beating out a chimpanzee in a suit would be weird. How do you see this coach in your division for four years and see him ultimately fail and then as soon as he is fired say, "I got to have me some of that!"? How does that happen?

Joe Brady and Matt Campbell will be mentioned. The Rams defensive coordinator will be considered as will the 49ers one. Jerod Mayo could possibly become good but Belichick will have a fit if Mayo thinks about interviewing with the Jets. I think Mayo will be one of those really good leader types like Andy Reid or Mike Tomlin. 

I still like Byron Leftwich but I have seen elsewhere on the internet that he cannot win. If the Buccaneers do good, it was Brady and not anything Leftwich did. When the Buccaneers offense has struggled, it has been Leftwich's fault. If the Jets hired Leftwich it would be about how he had Brady, so of course he looked good. It would be similar to the Gase and Peyton Manning stuff. That would be unfair to Leftwich. I think he is going to be a good head coach. 

“For us, to say like who’s calling what, when, what situation and those things, it’s a competitive disadvantage, really, at the end of the day,” Gase said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. “You don’t want [opponents] to know, is this guy calling runs? Is he calling passes? Is he calling play-actions? Is he calling empties? Is he calling dropbacks? Who has third down and who has red zone? We’d like to do it without having to make it public knowledge. The last three weeks, it’s been a collaborative effort throughout the game.”
If I were Trevor Lawrence I would absolutely make it known that I wouldn't play for that guy. Who would blame him if he did?

It's like the guys in Band of Brothers refusing to follow Lt. Sobel at the risk of firing squad. Okay, not just like that but anyway...

I'm not sure Joe Brady is ready to jump into a HC situation this soon, but it's hard not to envy having a true offensive guru in the mix.
He's the most intriguing candidate to me.....I would think he would make the jump if the situation is favorable.....if the Jets get Trevor the upside is there with $120M and many draft picks.....some avoid the NY market...especially for the Jets....but I would love to have a guy like him as HC.

If I were Trevor Lawrence I would absolutely make it known that I wouldn't play for that guy. Who would blame him if he did?

It's like the guys in Band of Brothers refusing to follow Lt. Sobel at the risk of firing squad. Okay, not just like that but anyway...
How dare you use the greatest thing in television history in comparison to Gase? Sobel was just an #####. I think Gase is more like "Foxhole Norman" Lt. Dike. He was completely inept and led men to their death.

How dare you use the greatest thing in television history in comparison to Gase? Sobel was just an #####. I think Gase is more like "Foxhole Norman" Lt. Dike. He was completely inept and led men to their death.
More like Band of Blunders

-QG

I'm sure that he will get a glowing recommendation from Rhule.
Joe Brady is in an interesting situation (obviously a popular would-be replacement in Cincinnati as well).  Isn't Carolina paying him like a zillion dollars like Rhule?  He might be able to afford to be picky about head coaching opportunties (though obviously the lure of a Lawrence or Burrow and a sufficient salary certainly could do the trick).

-QG

Original scale:

On a scale of one to five of being scared of winning:

Miami - 3. Miami is clearly better, but hell, Tua looked bad and Denver just beat them. Any given Sunday.

Vegas - 2 Vegas is clearly better, but the Jets sometimes put up good games against them and they have to travel to NJ.

at Seattle - 1  As bad as Seattle's defense is, we could never keep up with their offense.

at LA Rams - 2 Goff can have ugly games.

at Cleveland - 3.5 - Cleveland is obviously better and should beat us, but they play close games and Mayfield looks like a mediocre game manager

at New England - 4   I don't worry that Bill will tank to keep us from the top spot. I worry that they just suck. Hell, we needed a miracle to lose to them a couple of weeks ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did say that this would change from week to week. Here goes:

Vegas - 5  - Call me officially worried. Very worried. Defcon 1. I did say that Vegas was the better team, but they just got blown out by Atlanta. Does that get them to focus? They are better, but Jacobs may not play. They are still traveling to the East Coast. The next game will always worry me more as we get closer to the game and our winless streak is on the line. We are awful, but I would not be shocked to beat the Raiders. Though, I would not be shocked to lose either. We are a known product. We suck. Do the Raiders fold or regroup? Let's hope it's the latter. Maybe we should come out wearing KC jerseys. That might guarantee that the Raiders play hard.

at Seattle - 1  I'll stick to my original story. As bad as Seattle's defense is, we could never keep up with their offense.

at LA Rams - 2  I'll stick with my original felling. Goff can have ugly games. He had an ugly one last week, but we are severely out-coached. No way we should lose.

at Cleveland - 4 I'm upping my concern level by a half-point. By week 16, it might be a 5. They looked awful against Jacksonville. Still, they should beat us, but they are still scary in the wrong way.

at New England - 3.5   Beating Arizona was a slight surprise and positive outcome. Lowering the risk level by .5  Beat the Chargers this week and get back in the playoff race.  Previous thoughts: I don't worry that Bill will tank to keep us from the top spot. I worry that they just suck. Hell, we needed a miracle to lose to them a couple of weeks ago.

I'm just going to stick with Week 13. Week-to-week, fellas. Each week at a time *snickers ruefully*. So then, this one.

Vegas without Jacobs might really show their youth. What wideout can they depend upon if Booker is playing? Nelson Agholor? Henry Ruggs III? Surely you jest. (I picked Ruggs III in the first round of my dynasty for all that don't already know.) Their line is top-notch, but I'm not sure about each player's playing status along said line. Is Trent Brown going to play? CBS Sports says it's unlikely because he just got off the COVID list. But we all know how seriously the Raiders have taken COVID protocols this year, so I'll dial up my skepticism about speculation like that so early in the week. Kolton Miller was on the injury report but was a full participant in practice. In addition to him, one of their tackles was listed in the injury report, and he got in a partial. So we'll see later in the week what that looks like. Kwiatkowski, the linebacker, didn't practice today due to his own ankle woes. Abram, the safety, didn't practice either with a balky knee apparently. 

And that's all I got. No football tomorrow. Wait until Sunday, I guess. Interminable. Entertainment respite is huge these days.

I think most of the fans were just smarting over Leonard Williams failure....Leo is actually having a decent year but is in no way worth the $ the Giants are paying him and he will command in the offseason.  

Q is young, athletic, makes plays and has 2 more cheap years - perfect building block on the defense.  
Williams had a slow start at Alabama too before becoming a force. Looking back on it, he probably was the better pick than Ed Oliver or Josh Allen. I wasn't sure on draft day in 2019 but I wasn't mad about the pick, either. I rarely complain about a defensive lineman pick. I hated the Vernon Gholston pick but was okay with the Dewayne Robertson pick. 

Gholston was not a good prospect. The only move he had in college was a bull rush. That one thing he could do well in college did not work for him in the NFL. On a scale of 1-10 (1- practice squad guy; 10- Reggie White), I rated him as a 3 entering the league. He turned out to be a 1. 

Anyway, Williams has been very disruptive. Folorunso Fatukasi is also very good and John Franklin-Myers helps too. If this team can finally find a pass rushing DE or LB...

Very concerned as well this week.....JEts/Raiders have a long history and always play each other tough.....Raiders with COVID issues and flying cross country also scary.  Best thing going for the tank is they got lit up by Atlanta so no shot they are taking this game lightly...they need the win and should come in aggressive.  They really should unleash Ruggs, Agholor and Waller as those are serious holes in the defense.  If they have a smart game plan and Carr doesnt do anything stupid then they should win.  

I have a bit more faith in losing this week.....Ill be relaxing vs Seattle.....Browns/Pats have been circled for weeks on my schedule as potential wins.....im as nervous that they win a game as I was if they were in playoff contention in the past lol....

someone in that complex must know that losing out literally changes the face of the entire franchise....if they had any sense they give Darnold a seat on the bench and play the kid.....there is zero downside....however he must be atrocious and JD to proud to trot out a lousy pick.....I disagree....Becton, Mims, Davis, Hall, Mann all look like legit starters....thats better than 95% of past drafts...he is allowed a mulligan on a 4th...if Morgan plays and is awful but gets them Lawrence then he was well worth the 4th rd pick!  lol

alas they wont do it - just zero sense....if it didnt break my heart they deserve to win a few just for being stupid.  

Williams had a slow start at Alabama too before becoming a force. Looking back on it, he probably was the better pick than Ed Oliver or Josh Allen. I wasn't sure on draft day in 2019 but I wasn't mad about the pick, either. I rarely complain about a defensive lineman pick. I hated the Vernon Gholston pick but was okay with the Dewayne Robertson pick. 

Gholston was not a good prospect. The only move he had in college was a bull rush. That one thing he could do well in college did not work for him in the NFL. On a scale of 1-10 (1- practice squad guy; 10- Reggie White), I rated him as a 3 entering the league. He turned out to be a 1. 

Anyway, Williams has been very disruptive. Folorunso Fatukasi is also very good and John Franklin-Myers helps too. If this team can finally find a pass rushing DE or LB...
Ill admit it - I wanted J Allen....they havent had a legit outside pass rusher for a decade and just valued the position more.....wasnt a fan of Oliver. If Q is legit and they can land a pass rusher it completely changes the D...would be worth a FA splurge if one shakes free.  

My rankings of who I'd want to coach the Jets beginning next year. I'll do it David Letterman style:

#5- Eric Bienemy. I know he's the cats meow right now for the majority of Jet Nation. I'm skeptical tho about him. Besides being passed over already for the gig,  his impact in KC is really what? Yeah I see a plastic play calling thingie in his hands each week and have read he's majorly involved in the offensive scheme but whenever I'm looking at the sideline, it is Andy Reid who appears to be making the calls and the decisions at crucial times. I'd pass on him.

#4 Dabo Sweeny: Kingsberry and Ruhle seem to have made the transition from college to the pros fairly seamlessly. Why couldn't Dabo? Oh and him having been conducting the Lawrence choo choo train for the past 3 years and going forward is quite appealing. 

#3 Lincoln Riley: Same reasons as Dabo. I think he'd make a great mentor for Lawrence and he'd make the offense here in Jet land potentially dynamic.

#2 Joe Brady. Visions of the East Coast version of Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan dance thru my head. It's time for the Jets to get bold and this guy Brady from what I've seen of him, read about him is the kind of forward thinking coach this team needs in order to move forward and be successful in a fairly quick amount of time. He's innovative, he's imaginative, he's worked with young QB's like Burrows. He's worked in systems like Sean Payton's. This is a no brainer folks. Brady would energize the entire organization and he'd be a great coach for Lawrence and if worst came to worst Fields. There is no one really even a close 2nd for me. I want Joe Brady...let it be written...let it be done!

#1. Did I mention Joe Brady? Enough said.

FYI: I want nothing whatsoever to do with Harbaugh....nothing nada zippo which means that's exactly who the Johnson's will want to hire...lol.

Don't even think about retreads like O'Brien. We need new blood.

Very concerned as well this week.....JEts/Raiders have a long history and always play each other tough.....Raiders with COVID issues and flying cross country also scary.  Best thing going for the tank is they got lit up by Atlanta so no shot they are taking this game lightly...they need the win and should come in aggressive.  They really should unleash Ruggs, Agholor and Waller as those are serious holes in the defense.  If they have a smart game plan and Carr doesnt do anything stupid then they should win.  

I have a bit more faith in losing this week.....Ill be relaxing vs Seattle.....Browns/Pats have been circled for weeks on my schedule as potential wins.....im as nervous that they win a game as I was if they were in playoff contention in the past lol....

someone in that complex must know that losing out literally changes the face of the entire franchise....if they had any sense they give Darnold a seat on the bench and play the kid.....there is zero downside....however he must be atrocious and JD to proud to trot out a lousy pick.....I disagree....Becton, Mims, Davis, Hall, Mann all look like legit starters....thats better than 95% of past drafts...he is allowed a mulligan on a 4th...if Morgan plays and is awful but gets them Lawrence then he was well worth the 4th rd pick!  lol

alas they wont do it - just zero sense....if it didnt break my heart they deserve to win a few just for being stupid.  
I'm also worried about the Raiders. But I also was worried about the Dolphins last week so maybe I'm a worry wart. 

My revised rankings of worry is in order:

Cleveland: I said this a few weeks ago and will say it again. This team is as cursed as the Jets. And them playing us with a playoff spot all ready to be gift wrapped for them week 15 and Baker pullling a Fitzie and throwing 3 picks handing the Jets a win is not out of the realm of possibility. I'm very very worried about this game.

Patriots: I said this well over a month ago and will say it again. Hoodie with nothing to play for and a chance to F the hated Jets out of a franchise QB and as a bonus who he doesn't have to game plan against twice a year for the next decade would be music to Belechik's ears. The only thing that gives me a bit of pause is that it's not Bill's style to bench starters even when he's locked up a playoff spot so why would he do it now? We'll see what happens but I'm still quite a bit nervous about this one. Best thing for the Jets would be if the Patriots are still alive for the final WC spot and so we should all be hoping the Pats play well down the stretch.

Raiders: Sunday's game is a bit concerning no doubt not so much because the Raiders aren't a much much better team than ours. It's more because the Raiders really aren't so good that they are a lock playoff team either. And so them losing last the past two weeks and than losing another game they should win would be very Raider like. We just need to hope Gruden gets his team pumped up and that they come out and play mistake free football Sunday. If so, they'll win handily. 

Rams: Not worried

Seattle: Definitely not worried. 

We need the Bears to continue to stink it up so much so that by the time they play the Jaguars Week 15, they are ready to quit and gift the Jags a win. I'm still offically worried that both the Jets and Jags will end up tied which would suck for us. It's going to be a nerve racking final 5 weeks for sure.

From Gase PC today on Sam Darnold development  - “I came here to help him develop his career … we haven’t been able to do that”  

Is it the first acknowledgment that Gase knows he's toast?  

The pessimist in me thinks Gase is setting up where if Darnold shows anything the next 5 games it can be deemed "improvement" and he stays......or that Darnold is the problem and not him.....I just dont trust this guy and organization that even a pretty obvious statement of failure (a complete rarity) makes me think twice and analyze...

From Gase PC today on Sam Darnold development  - “I came here to help him develop his career … we haven’t been able to do that”  

Is it the first acknowledgment that Gase knows he's toast?  

The pessimist in me thinks Gase is setting up where if Darnold shows anything the next 5 games it can be deemed "improvement" and he stays......or that Darnold is the problem and not him.....I just dont trust this guy and organization that even a pretty obvious statement of failure (a complete rarity) makes me think twice and analyze...
There are still 5 weeks for Gase to throw Darnold under the bus. You have to know how he operates. By saying that he failed to help him develop his career, he's basically saying that Sam didn't work out. What I think he really means is that he wasn't able to find a way for Sam not to suck.  This guy has no character at all. He never takes responsibility. Hell, he can't even admit that he had a problem with Lewis. Give him a few more weeks to basically say that Sam hasn't been able to execute his plays.

Ill admit it - I wanted J Allen....they havent had a legit outside pass rusher for a decade and just valued the position more.....wasnt a fan of Oliver. If Q is legit and they can land a pass rusher it completely changes the D...would be worth a FA splurge if one shakes free.  
Me, too. I didn't have a problem with Q at the time, but I wanted Allen the edge pass-rusher since it's been a glaring hole for a couple of decades.  It took Q a while to show signs of life, but he's looking pretty studly right now.

There are still 5 weeks for Gase to throw Darnold under the bus. You have to know how he operates. By saying that he failed to help him develop his career, he's basically saying that Sam didn't work out. What I think he really means is that he wasn't able to find a way for Sam not to suck. 
That's how I read it, too. You don't say #### like that in public about your quarterback no matter who it is. This is the first I've heard it and is about Le'Veon Bell-type bad in terms of a public endorsement of the roster. Thank God for him he doesn't have to answer to the GM who picked Sam or he'd probably be fired today, post-haste. (If this were a competently run organization. It isn't.)

That's how I read it, too. You don't say #### like that in public about your quarterback no matter who it is. This is the first I've heard it and is about Le'Veon Bell-type bad in terms of a public endorsement of the roster. Thank God for him he doesn't have to answer to the GM who picked Sam or he'd probably be fired today, post-haste. (If this were a competently run organization. It isn't.)
“It’s frustrating for both of us,” Gase said. “It’s on me to get him to play better than what he’s played, and so far, I haven’t done a good enough job. I have to just keep trying to help him, keep trying to help our staff put together good game plans. Dowell (Loggains) and myself, we just have to keep trying to work as hard as we possibly can to put him in the best position possible.”

If he was being honest, he would have said I haven't done a good job. Not "good enough". Yeah, enough is only one small word, but knowing Gase, that word means a lot. I'm sure he thinks he has done a good job.

Keep trying dumbnuts. You haven't put together a good game plan yet despite all the statements about the game plan being good, but we just didn't execute them properly. This myopic fool needs to go as soon as the season is over.

We all want him gone and yet the irony of it all about Gase and the crap that follows him, is that he truly is the key for us to get the #1 overall pick in the draft and so it's essential he stays here till the end of the season which he likely will but just sayin!

There's only one transient value left of Adam Gase and that is he helps to insure the Jets will have terrible game planning and be ill prepared on every Sunday they play a game in.

This alone insures that 75% of the time the Jets have no chance to win. The other 25% is lack of talent at pretty much every position on the football field with the exception of LT and DT when Becton and Quinnen are both healthy enough to play and SS with Maye. That's about it hence why Gase and his abominable leadership and play calling will be the main reason we get Trevor Lawrence. 

This whole season has been one laugh out loud  farce. And what's wild is that had Gase been fired when alot of Jet Nation wanted him gone 2 months ago, we wouldn't be in the position we are in now which is on the cusp of having a franchise changing draft pick.

So maybe instead of mocking abusing and ridiculing Gase we should all be thanking him for putting us in the position we are in. How's that for some revisionist history? lol

Yeah, at the end of the day.....if they lose out and get Trevor, it will all be worth it.

I honestly dont know how I'll react if they win one and blow it.  I like to think I'm too mature for any sort of freakout at this point, but its possible I've just been burying it all down deep inside and losing a potential (nothing is certain, but this kid is as close as it gets) franchise altering player might just set me off.

Yeah, at the end of the day.....if they lose out and get Trevor, it will all be worth it.

I honestly dont know how I'll react if they win one and blow it.  I like to think I'm too mature for any sort of freakout at this point, but its possible I've just been burying it all down deep inside and losing a potential (nothing is certain, but this kid is as close as it gets) franchise altering player might just set me off.
Here's the way I'm looking at it. You are a metro NY guy so you know the deal here. As a Knicks, Rangers, Mets and Jets fan for the past 20 years there really hasn't been all to much to cheer about except for a few magical seasons from the Mets in 2000 and 2015 and some very nice long playoff runs by the Rangers and Jets a couple of times. The Knicks? We had Linsanity for 5 weeks when the world tilted on it's axis and that's about it for the past 20 years for them...how sad is that? lol

But the worm just maybe might be changing for these franchises. The Rangers the past two season got some love by the hockey gods and won the lottery twice in a row beating huge odds against that occurring, garnering the #2 overall pick in 2019 and this past year the #1 overall. The future is enormously bright in Rangerland.

The Mets finally have gotten rid of the horrific cheap ### Wilpons as a new owner with very deep pockets in Stevie Cohen is now in charge. So the future is very bright in Flushing.

Even the Knicks got some lottery love this year as the best player coming out of the draft Obi Toppin somehow fell into their laps and now that team has some nice pieces and some hope for the future.

And than we come to the Jets. There aren't alot of pieces here but the ones we have are very promising. We have a LT in Highway 77 that should be a dominant all-pro for the next decade protecting whoever is QB for this team. We have a WR in Mims who looks like he's going to be a solid #2 type WR in this league for a long time. We have DT in Quinnen who looks like he could be the next great thing at that position. And we have a Marcus Maye and and Ashtyn Davis who give off great vibes for the future.

So all we need now is a little love from the football gods just like those other 3 NY teams got and allow the Jets to get the #1 overall and a franchise changing QB is on the way. Despite all the crap that we've all gone thru, there is some hope and it cumulnates with us gettting the #1 overall whether it be an 0-16 season or a 1-15 one. We are way way overdo for some love from the gods and I'm feeling very confident despite how cursed we are that this year, we finally will get some. 

If we get Lawrence, it's actually possible that all 4 of these teams that I have lived and died for the past 50 years and I'm sure some of y'all in here root for the same combination of NY teams I do, will actually be good at the same time in let's say 2023 which is something I don't think I've ever been able to say ever. It's time tho...way way overdo for this to happen.

Here's the way I'm looking at it. You are a metro NY guy so you know the deal here. As a Knicks, Rangers, Mets and Jets fan for the past 20 years there really hasn't been all to much to cheer about except for a few magical seasons from the Mets in 2000 and 2015 and some very nice long playoff runs by the Rangers and Jets a couple of times. The Knicks? We had Linsanity for 5 weeks when the world tilted on it's axis and that's about it for the past 20 years for them...how sad is that? lol

But the worm just maybe might be changing for these franchises. The Rangers the past two season got some love by the hockey gods and won the lottery twice in a row beating huge odds against that occurring, garnering the #2 overall pick in 2019 and this past year the #1 overall. The future is enormously bright in Rangerland.

The Mets finally have gotten rid of the horrific cheap ### Wilpons as a new owner with very deep pockets in Stevie Cohen is now in charge. So the future is very bright in Flushing.

Even the Knicks got some lottery love this year as the best player coming out of the draft Obi Toppin somehow fell into their laps and now that team has some nice pieces and some hope for the future.

And than we come to the Jets. There aren't alot of pieces here but the ones we have are very promising. We have a LT in Highway 77 that should be a dominant all-pro for the next decade protecting whoever is QB for this team. We have a WR in Mims who looks like he's going to be a solid #2 type WR in this league for a long time. We have DT in Quinnen who looks like he could be the next great thing at that position. And we have a Marcus Maye and and Ashtyn Davis who give off great vibes for the future.

So all we need now is a little love from the football gods just like those other 3 NY teams got and allow the Jets to get the #1 overall and a franchise changing QB is on the way. Despite all the crap that we've all gone thru, there is some hope and it cumulnates with us gettting the #1 overall whether it be an 0-16 season or a 1-15 one. We are way way overdo for some love from the gods and I'm feeling very confident despite how cursed we are that this year, we finally will get some. 

If we get Lawrence, it's actually possible that all 4 of these teams that I have lived and died for the past 50 years and I'm sure some of y'all in here root for the same combination of NY teams I do, will actually be good at the same time in let's say 2023 which is something I don't think I've ever been able to say ever. It's time tho...way way overdo for this to happen.
I love the positive Rangers and Mets vibes. I'm pretty skeptical about the Jets. We'll see. The Knicks? Um, well it can't get worse.

So I was reading Tony Pauline's mailbag. Basically he says that Gase is still not fired because Chris Johnson needs to save face and keep him around through the end of the year. I think I said that in here a while back. Anyway, it's just speculation. He doesn't think there is any way possible Gase comes back for next season.  A year from now with the roll out of vaccines, there should be fans in the stands....well unless Gase comes back and it will be really ugly soon.

Btw, Gase committed to a heavy workload for Gore the rest of the season. Makes sense....in a Twilight Zone way.  Gore's biggest fan coming to reply in 3....2...1

So Josh Jacobs is out Sunday. Fantastic. Grr

Plus Alex Lewis is out for the next three games seeking help with a non-football medical issue.

So Josh Jacobs is out Sunday. Fantastic. Grr

Plus Alex Lewis is out for the next three games seeking help with a non-football medical issue.
According to all the rumors, the only thing Lewis hurt was Gase's feelings.

But yeah, sucks about the Raiders. This one worries me.

According to all the rumors, the only thing Lewis hurt was Gase's feelings.

But yeah, sucks about the Raiders. This one worries me.
He may be suffering from depression or something else (no jokes). If it were for disciplinary reasons, he wouldn't be on this list...but you never know with Gase. The man can't even communicate about the simplest of things.

He may be suffering from depression or something else (no jokes). If it were for disciplinary reasons, he wouldn't be on this list...but you never know with Gase. The man can't even communicate about the simplest of things.

For sure. If he's actually dealing with something like that, that sucks

But yeah, with Gase, nothing would surprise me.

heard on one of the shows that Gase's quote today was throwing the dead dog at the poor drafting......quoted as saying the 2016 draft should be the heart of the team and there is only 1 player left.....he's not wrong but thats not the reason to be 0-11.  I think reality is sinking in and now hes going to start pointing fingers....hes the least classy HC Ive ever seen.  

Users who are viewing this thread