What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (1 Viewer)

See my concerns upthread. The O-line was passable last year, even without Becton. Barring anything catastrophic, it should be comparable. It would be nice if Becton returned to the Jets and returned to form. That would be nice. The signing of Laken Tomlinson was huge, as the team lost Morgan Moses. So swap that out and keep going. 
Sounds about right. Serviceable with some upside if Becton figures out stuff. 

Ruckert pick was kinda meh after signing 2 TE's in free agency. But not terrible. Would have preferred a S or Lb (or an olineman) but it's not like any names were jumping off the page.

Anyone knocking the Hall pick (or the trade up....its a 5th rounder....who cares) is nuts, IMO. 
I love the Ruckert pick!  He was my #1 TE overall and the kid loves the Jets....huge upside.  It takes 2-3 years for a mid round TE to develop - CJ/Conklin contracts are essentially 2 yr deals based on contract structure.  It will be perfect timing for Ruckert to take over by then not to mention depth as CJ has a history of injuries.  TE has been a black hole for decades and now it is set for present and future - plus he was one of the BPA - I just love the pick and this draft!

Two early fourths to round things out - thinking an OL pick and a LB/DB with ST upside.  

This team on paper has absolutely crushed this offseason and maintained flexibility for the future.  I cant say I expect a playoff team but my expectations are much higher - may take a season to develop and gel but by 2023 I a fully expecting a playoff/div run.  

I love the Ruckert pick!  He was my #1 TE overall and the kid loves the Jets....huge upside.  It takes 2-3 years for a mid round TE to develop - CJ/Conklin contracts are essentially 2 yr deals based on contract structure.  It will be perfect timing for Ruckert to take over by then not to mention depth as CJ has a history of injuries.  TE has been a black hole for decades and now it is set for present and future - plus he was one of the BPA - I just love the pick and this draft!

Two early fourths to round things out - thinking an OL pick and a LB/DB with ST upside.  

This team on paper has absolutely crushed this offseason and maintained flexibility for the future.  I cant say I expect a playoff team but my expectations are much higher - may take a season to develop and gel but by 2023 I a fully expecting a playoff/div run.  
It’s so Jets like that when this team finally gets built right and we can be excited for it we’re also faced with the reality that in a stacked AFC the Jets could be a very good team and still only win 7 games.

It’s so Jets like that when this team finally gets built right and we can be excited for it we’re also faced with the reality that in a stacked AFC the Jets could be a very good team and still only win 7 games.
True - but Buffalo isnt the Brady Pats - they have weaknesses.  Heck the Jets almost beat them with a JV team at the end of last season.  We cant control the rest of the AFC but win the AFC East and I like their chances!  This team could easily compete with the Bills....I think Miami is not that good, esp Tua and welcome to the AFC basement NE!  Bellichick only has a few years left to coach them up and Bellichick the GM is nothing close to the coach...get ready for the Pat spiral....I old enough to remember pre-Bledsoe.  

True - but Buffalo isnt the Brady Pats - they have weaknesses.  Heck the Jets almost beat them with a JV team at the end of last season.  We cant control the rest of the AFC but win the AFC East and I like their chances!  This team could easily compete with the Bills....I think Miami is not that good, esp Tua and welcome to the AFC basement NE!  Bellichick only has a few years left to coach them up and Bellichick the GM is nothing close to the coach...get ready for the Pat spiral....I old enough to remember pre-Bledsoe.  
I’m not quite ready to say they can “easily” compete with the Bills as I think the Bills are best team in the league, but get your point. I do think second place in the East is within reach though.

It's ok to feel good Kidd. We have suffered for long enough. We have always had the "Charlie Brown trying to kick that football only to have Lucy pull it away" vibe.

We are legit building something good here. It may not happen this year, but I think the longer term plan is suddenly looking very promising. We just need Wilson to get better. That's the most important part about next season. The rest will fall into place.

The Jets are a much better team right now then they were before the draft. With that said, passing on OL is truly mind boggling. It all starts up front and the Jets could have had the best OL at pick 4.

The Jets are a much better team right now then they were before the draft. With that said, passing on OL is truly mind boggling. It all starts up front and the Jets could have had the best OL at pick 4.
Agreed but I fault nobody. They had so many holes and only so many fingers to plug them. 

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that Becton comes to camp in shape and motivated. They just took an OT with their 1st 4th. That’s something 

The Jets spent first round picks the last two seasons on o-line and signed the best OG in free agency. They haven’t neglected the o-line. Their defense needs a list of help as well.

Yeah, if you're not gonna sell Becton at a loss (not saying I was for that, but I'd be lying if I didn't think there was a CHANCE it would happen with Ikky sitting there at 4) ...you have to give him a full chance. Drafting another tackle at 4 (even though there were some good ones available) would have been counterproductive. No issues with them rolling with Becton and Fant this year. (assuming Becton shows up in shape and can stay healthy) Obviously you need depth, but there's always a chance someone passable shake loose as a salary cap casualty (like Moses did last year)

While they're hopefully not bad enough to draft an ELITE LT next year, seems like there's usually someone available further down the board.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2023-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-CJ-Stroud-Bryce-Young-Will-Anderson-Tyler-Van-Dyke-186867833/#186867833_5

Per this SUPER early 2023 Mock....there's 5 first round tackles projected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going in I would have been really happy with OT/Edge at 4/10. The way it shakes out they are shooting for the moon by giving Becton a chance to prove himself again. As everyone is quick to point out, the AFC is stacked, so shooting for the moon is what you need to be doing. IF Becton comes back healthy and is the player he can be then you add him to Sauce, JJ, Wilson, Hall, Lawson, Tomlinson, Whitehead, Reed, Uzomah/Conklin, and a full year of Davis/Moore and that's some serious potential talent that we didn't have on the field last year. Is that a playoff team? Maybe not, but at the least it should be a team that is competitive most games and is playing meaningful games in December. If we get that this year I think we will all be ecstatic.

While they're hopefully not bad enough to draft an ELITE LT next year, seems like there's usually someone available further down the board.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2023-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-CJ-Stroud-Bryce-Young-Will-Anderson-Tyler-Van-Dyke-186867833/#186867833_5

Per this SUPER early 2023 Mock....there's 5 first round tackles projected.
If they are picking top 3 again like this mock predicts that's going to be pretty bad for Joe D. I don't think he'd be fired, but there will be a ton of pressure and negativity picking top 6 for the 7th time in 9 years even if only 3 of those drafts were his. At some point the praised roster management has to translate to progress, even if it is just incremental.

Yeah, I think we all need to be realistic (but somewhat ambitious) about this upcoming year.

IMO, if they dont win 7-8 games and stay competitive in most of their losses....you need to ask serious questions. The talent is there unless Wilson is a big old whiff. They added several potential playmakers, get Becton and Lawson back and the staff (which was young and inexperienced in their roles) has a year under their belt.

The schedule is a mixed bag. They get the AFC north this year, which will not be easy (especially with Cleveland picking up Watson). NFC north comes with 2 easy games (Detroit and Chicago, both at home) and 2 tough ones. They obviously get the last place teams from the other 2 AFC divisions, which is Jacksonville and Denver (which obviously added Russ). Their 17th game is Seattle, who should be re-building without Russ.

I could see something like...(obviously "any given Sunday" but just glancing over the teams they're gonna play...)

Beat Detroit and Chicago. Lose at GB and Minn

Beat Jacksonville, Lose at Denver. Beat Seattle.

Split with Miami and NE. Swept by Buffalo

Win 1 of 4 vs AFC North. (Pitt probably most likely, even with it being at Heinz)

That would put them at 8-9.

Yeah, I think we all need to be realistic (but somewhat ambitious) about this upcoming year.

IMO, if they dont win 7-8 games and stay competitive in most of their losses....you need to ask serious questions. The talent is there unless Wilson is a big old whiff. They added several potential playmakers, get Becton and Lawson back and the staff (which was young and inexperienced in their roles) has a year under their belt.

The schedule is a mixed bag. They get the AFC north this year, which will not be easy (especially with Cleveland picking up Watson). NFC north comes with 2 easy games (Detroit and Chicago, both at home) and 2 tough one. They obviously get the last place teams from the other 2 AFC divisions, which is Jacksonville and Denver (which obviously added Russ). Their 17th game is Seattle, who should be re-building without Russ.

I could see something like...(obviously "any given Sunday" but just glancing over the teams they're gonna play...)

Win 1 of 4 vs AFC North. (Pitt probably most likely, even with it being at Heinz)

I think that’s pretty realistic. As we’ve said over and over the rest of the team won’t mean much if Wilson doesn’t take the next step. If he looks sharp the team will win 7-9 games - if he is close to the first half of the season the team will struggle to win even 4-5 games.

I think that’s pretty realistic. As we’ve said over and over the rest of the team won’t mean much if Wilson doesn’t take the next step. If he looks sharp the team will win 7-9 games - if he is close to the first half of the season the team will struggle to win even 4-5 games.
Agreed - this season is not playoff or bust but it sure cant be 3-4 wins again.  Obviously it all depends on how they get their record - especially with Wilson.  It may take some time for some of these pieces to gel but Im expecting this team to get better as the season goes on and be in the mix later than usual - say early December. 

A lot of players are going into 2022 needing to perform or they will be cut - quick list of whose contract is likley getting cut or renegotiated if they have a good year - 

Mosey - $15M cap savings 

Lawson - $15M

JFM - $11M

Corey Davis - $10.5

Thats a whopping $50M - only one who could be close is likely Lawson if he rebounds well as pass rushers are a premium - but other 3 likely gone/restructured

Only big contract FA would be Fant and Q will be eligible for a. long term deal and he better have a big year to get top DL $.  Right now Im not sure he should be paid 

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
A lot of players are going into 2022 needing to perform or they will be cut - quick list of whose contract is likley getting cut or renegotiated if they have a good year - 

Mosey - $15M cap savings 

Lawson - $15M

JFM - $11M

Corey Davis - $10.5

Thats a whopping $50M - only one who could be close is likely Lawson if he rebounds well as pass rushers are a premium - but other 3 likely gone/restructured

Only big contract FA would be Fant and Q will be eligible for a. long term deal and he better have a big year to get top DL $.  Right now Im not sure he should be paid 
Q is a tough one. The analytics guys love him but when you watch games it doesn't look like he's getting much done. I don't want him to walk but just not sure what's a fair deal for him. I hope to see some pass rush up the middle.

Hey everyone  @Kiddnets @mphtrilogy @TLEF316 @NYRAGE @rockaction @jwb @Ridcully @Sweet Love and others, sorry but I have to start up a new 2018 thread as the old one ( https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/764752-2018-new-york-jets-the-christian-hackenberg-era-begins/#comment-20856717 ) somehow got corrupted for me when using my laptop - not sure what happened. I'd appreciate it if we could use this one going forward.

I'm cautiously optimistic heading into 2018. Jets have a ton of cap space, some high draft picks and for better or worse stability at HC and GM positions.

A History of thread Titles:

The Christian Hackenberg Era Begins

Jets Flirting with a Cousins

Jet fan feels a disturbance in the Force as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror that the team signed Sam Bradford

Austin, .....wait.

Jets still have $90MM left in their "Rainy Day Fund"

Jets' fans look at the Cleveland Browns with envy

Te- Te- Te- Teddy and the Jets

Big Mac Super Sizes Jets' Draft Pick, While Hoping The Browns Be The Browns

Mac and Bowles Trying to Decide Which Young QB They Want to Ruin

Jets @ Detroit in Week 1 on Monday Night while the Nation watches THE VOICE

Jets Take Circuitous and Fortuitous Route in Sucking For Sam

Hackenberg Heading To The Black Hole (Which Coincidently Is Also The Nickname For His Football IQ)

Darnold Turns 21...Reads Up On Jets' History...Heads Out To Buy Some Alcohol

Snoopy Bowl Time!....It's Not a Hip-Hop Slang Term for Smoking Ganja

"And then downtown boys, they sure talk gritty It's so hard to be a saint in the city"

Darnold gets his only career interception out of the way early

Josh Gordon Fakes Drug Relapse So That He Doesn't Have to Face New Jack City

After Loss to the Browns, Jets Petition Goodell to Add Rutgers to Their Schedule

The Good News Is The Jets Are Tied With The Pats After 3 Weeks, The Bad News Is...

Doug Marrone (Worse Than Hitler)

After Careful Consideration The Jets Decide Not To Release Darnold

Doug Marrone Meet Karma, She's A #####

Bears, Beets and Battlestar Gallactica

Jets Taking Their (Lack Of) Talents to South Beach

Jets To Dress Their WRs in Bills Jerseys This Sunday To Help Darnold Find Them Easier

Move over Brady versus Rodgers, we have McCown versus Barkley at Metlife this wee

Bowles Using The Bye Week To Update His Resume

Jets saving Darnold for the more important games later in the year.

#### this ####

When the pressure is off late in the season, you can count on the Jets to win meaningless games

What is this strange feeling? It is, hope.

Who Will Cook the Dinner?

It's All 'Bout the Gase, 'Bout the Gase, no MattRhule

Gase has his Eyes on the Prize

Will Le'Veon Bell Don the Green and White Again?

Leaving only Bell of lightning and its thunder

Mac secretly releived he can not possibly mess up the Jets' second round pick this year

All Your Williams Are Belong to Us

Welcome to Jimmy Sexton's World

Our GM can beat up your GM

Big Mac bigger flop than McDLT

Not Even Joe Namath Contracted Mono

Falk and Fales to Fall and Fail until Sammy comes back

Sam Darnold: "I don't want to die" - the wussification of America on full display.

Rich Kotite getting nervous about losing his title as worst HC of the NYJ ever.

Sammy beats Mono and the Clap(per) in one fell swoop.

What does Sam Darnold and Cole Sear have in common?

Gase is playing Candyland while everyone else is playing Checkers.

Woody Johnson asks Trump for an Executive Order placing the Jets into the NFC East.

Who says New Yorkers are not friendly? Jets are always willing to give your team it's first win.

An Unkindness of Ravens

Gase's Last Stand

The Jets Killed Carl

Woody Pulls a Boner

Will CBS pipe in “Fire Gase” chants during next week’s broadcast?

Metlife turf puts up more fight than the Jets

Release the Flacco!

Gase feverishly drawing up next game plan for his team not to execute properly

With Bell's release the coaching staff can finally evaluate Frank Gore's future with the team

Gase lays out his 10-Step plan, but Jets' fans are more familiar with 12-Step plans.

Trevor Lawrence getting prepared for how he'll feel every Monday in 2021, sick.

Nick Folk Hero

Frank Gore feels "like he's 35" after relaxing bye week.

Jags, "We''ll see your Joe Flacco and raise you a Mike Glennon". The tank-off is on!!!

Gase doesn't want to give away too much information for a "competitive disadvantage." (Sometimes the joke just writes itself)

Week 1 Next Season, "Henry Ruggs III Appreciation Day", every fan gets a Ruggs bobblehead.

With incompetent Greg Williams gone, Jets' defense steps up to hold Geno Smith to only 3 points in 4Q.

Trevor Lawrence looks like an ugly girl and we didn't want him anyway!

Unemployment statistics increase by one person and Jets fans rejoice!

Year 51 of the rebuild begins now.

Can't You See the Sunshine? Now Can't You Just Feel The Moonshine?

Zach Wilson and Justin Fields sleeping in their 49ers pajamas until draft day

Jets make a HUGE mistake by not taking the QB ten other teams also passed on....

All Your Michael Carters Belong to Us

Lucy places the ball down, and here comes Charlie Brown....

Sam Darnold lives here rent free...although he could afford better after Carolina picks up his 5th-year option.

If you love the Jets, please buy extra baby powder this week so that the Johnsons can afford Wilson's signing bonus

Check out the "QB Zach Wilson - 8.8.21 Struggled Saturday - Concerns?" thread if you crave additional avenues for Jets bashing.

Why Can't We Have Nice Things.

The Latter-day Saint v. Friend of Casper- Let's Do This!!!

Hall of Fame orders extra bronze to prepare for Sam's big head.

I’m as confused as Wilson looked on Sunday

Robert Saleh: "We're looking forward to Wilson's interceptions getting to the corner-backs much quicker in the thin Denver air."

Webster's Dictionary adds "New York Jets" into it's definition of "insanity".

Jets finally win a game and immediately get shipped out of the Country.

I watched the Jets lose in England while eating an English Muffin. Also, the British weren't even aware of English Muffins existence until Thomas' imported them from America in the 1990s. True story.

You can take Sam Darnold and Eugene Smith out of East Rutherford, but they still stink like swamp water.

The Jets brought Tom Brady into this world, and in kind the Pats have now unleashed Mike White!!!!

Jets win in Houston despite starting their 4th best QB

We stink, but at least we didn’t almost lose to the Jets like the Dolphins.

Antonio Brown unleased on the streets of New Jersey...

Cincinnati Bengals create a simple blue print for the Jets to follow. Step 1, Draft Joe Burrow. D'Oh!

At least we're not in the AFC West

Jets add LT3

Come get your Malik Willis and your Kenny Pickett here

Who will the Jets pick at 1.04 and what team will they trade him to in 2024?

Tony Paulino and SF homers hard at work, brokering a deal between SF and NYJ and it involves "boatloads."

Can you please edit the title so it is no more than one line on the thread listing page? Thank you. 

Great draft for the Jets, BTW.

Mosley certainly answered a lot of questions last year. After 2 years away(and the COVID "opt out" followed by him being spotted at a bar) ...I assumed he was just mailing it in and would be content to just play out the string. But he played hard and well and stayed healthy all season.

He's still VERY expensive...but he's only 29 and basically saved 2 years of wear and tear on his body.  So I dont see why he'd be a cut candidate if he continues to produce.  He's obviously a leader and getting rid of him would definitely open a big hole.  There's no obvious successor in the building.

Hate the fact that we're talking about a potential JFM cut, but his production definitely dropped after signing the big deal.  But I'll reserve judgement on everyone in the defensive front 7 until we see how the unit performs with Lawson back (and now Johnson on board).

If Moore and G. Wilson look the part this year (And Berrios continues to play well) I would think Davis would be a cut candidate a year from now. If they've already got 2 studs and a solid slot guy, that's money that could be better spent elsewhere.   Not saying I WANT to do that, but there's only so much $$ to go around.

Do you mean C.J. Mosley? 

He was a stud last year. Started 16, 103 solo, 65 assists for 168 TKL. 

I know he came into 2021 with questions….I’d say he answered them. That’s a dude you pay, IMO.

Unless there’s a Mosey. 
just my opinion....He was ok last year but I dont think  he was a stud - certainly not a top 3 LB as he is being paid.  Made a lot of tackles because there was literally no one else - trouble covering anyone - He'll be 31 before the 2023 - I could see JD wanting to restructure or getting younger for that kind of money.  

The schedule is a mixed bag. They get the AFC north this year, which will not be easy (especially with Cleveland picking up Watson). NFC north comes with 2 easy games (Detroit and Chicago, both at home) and 2 tough ones. They obviously get the last place teams from the other 2 AFC divisions, which is Jacksonville and Denver (which obviously added Russ). Their 17th game is Seattle, who should be re-building without Russ.

I'm certain Lions and Jags fans are looking at the Jets games on their schedules thinking that is a great chance for a win too, lol. I'm not sure I can sit here and say I expect them to win 8 games, but I would definitely say that winning 3-5 again would be a major disappointment. I think the 6-8 range is the sweet spot this year and hopefully they have far less games where they don't compete. 

I'm optimistic about that because I feel pretty confident that they are going to run the ball really well with Hall and Carter behind that line. If the defense can take a step forward with Lawson back and all of the additions, this team could look a lot more like the recent 49er teams. Zach will clearly determine how far they go, but the hope is that we are getting closer to the point where even if the QB play isn't great the team around it is talented enough to keep it in games with the right game plan. If Zach takes a step forward and the run game and defense are improved as well then look out. 

I'm certain Lions and Jags fans are looking at the Jets games on their schedules thinking that is a great chance for a win too, lol. I'm not sure I can sit here and say I expect them to win 8 games, but I would definitely say that winning 3-5 again would be a major disappointment. I think the 6-8 range is the sweet spot this year and hopefully they have far less games where they don't compete. 

I'm optimistic about that because I feel pretty confident that they are going to run the ball really well with Hall and Carter behind that line. If the defense can take a step forward with Lawson back and all of the additions, this team could look a lot more like the recent 49er teams. Zach will clearly determine how far they go, but the hope is that we are getting closer to the point where even if the QB play isn't great the team around it is talented enough to keep it in games with the right game plan. If Zach takes a step forward and the run game and defense are improved as well then look out. 
Agree - I look at it this way - right now I feel that Joe Flacco (in an alternate reality where he’d be 100% healthy, and maybe 3 years younger ;) ) could win 6 or 7 games if he started all season so Zach betterat least be able to do that. 

Taking what I said a step further, I fully expect them to be a top 10 rushing team in 2022. They were 14th in rushing yards per attempt last year but they attempted the least amount of runs in the NFL. Partially because the QB play couldn't extend drives and partially because the Defense let up so many points that they were always behind. With an improved line, especially the interior, an improved defense to allow them to establish the run, and rotation of very good running backs I expect that to be the strength of this team. The most important thing Zach needs to do is keep drives alive and let the run game take over. 

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
Do you mean C.J. Mosley? 

He was a stud last year. Started 16, 103 solo, 65 assists for 168 TKL. 

I know he came into 2021 with questions….I’d say he answered them. That’s a dude you pay, IMO.

Unless there’s a Mosey. 
@rockaction PFF's site would disagree with you, but then again, I'm not a fan of PFF.

Personally, I don't think he was anything special last year or worth his contract. Sure, he made a lot of tackles, but any hungry cheap linebacker could have made them. 

On the other hand, he played with lots of effort after basically not playing for 2 years, so he wasn't too bad.  I can't see the Jets paying him the following year. Of all of McCant's terrible contracts, he was the best of the worst I guess you can say.

@rockaction PFF's site would disagree with you, but then again, I'm not a fan of PFF.

Personally, I don't think he was anything special last year or worth his contract. Sure, he made a lot of tackles, but any hungry cheap linebacker could have made them. 

On the other hand, he played with lots of effort after basically not playing for 2 years, so he wasn't too bad.  I can't see the Jets paying him the following year. Of all of McCant's terrible contracts, he was the best of the worst I guess you can say.
Also worth noting that the Jets D was on the field way too much last year, largely due to an inability to sustain drives. 

if as expected the offense is playing better football (and they certainly added the pieces to facilitate this in Wilson, Hall, Tomlinson & Uzomah), then maybe their defense will be more effective as a whole, and Mosley as a piece of that.

Considering how much they played, I didn’t see Mosley as a problem last year. I know he wasn’t highly thought of the last 2 seasons. He was a bargain in IDP, that’s for sure. 

Mosey - $15M cap savings 

Lawson - $15M

JFM - $11M

Corey Davis - $10.5

Mosley might be back on one of JD's "after 2-year out" deals, but he would be lucky to get half of what he is getting paid now. I don't think it's a good deal to pay older LBs.

Lawson is going to have to come back healthy and productive this year to not get cut. If he plays great, then they might extend him. If he plays so-so, he will probably get restructured for a lower amount.

JFM -  If he stinks, then getting cut is a possibility. If he plays well, then I can see them paying him $11m in 2023, but not sure about when his base jumps up to $13.3-$14.3m. 

Corey Davis - I don't see them paying him $10m next year as WR3, especially if he has another one of his injury-prone years. They could restructure like they did with Crowder.

2022: How the hell is Van Rotten stealing $3.5m this year?

Also worth noting that the Jets D was on the field way too much last year, largely due to an inability to sustain drives. 

if as expected the offense is playing better football (and they certainly added the pieces to facilitate this in Wilson, Hall, Tomlinson & Uzomah), then maybe their defense will be more effective as a whole, and Mosley as a piece of that.

Considering how much they played, I didn’t see Mosley as a problem last year. I know he wasn’t highly thought of the last 2 seasons. He was a bargain in IDP, that’s for sure. 
At least 10 tackles every game. He was a LB1 that you could draft late as your LB3.

Actually, he looked like a bat out of hell that first game 3 years ago before he got hurt at the end of the game.

NYRAGE said:
At least 10 tackles every game. He was a LB1 that you could draft late as your LB3.

Actually, he looked like a bat out of hell that first game 3 years ago before he got hurt at the end of the game.
Mosley definitely is their best LB and he got tackles but usually not impact- more 5-8 yrds down the field.  I just dont think he is worth a top 5 LB salary when they can get out of it next year - I would expect a restructure at best.  

LBs are definitely a weakness - Saleh has said that he felt they would improve with a stronger DL - they now have that so we'll see.  

Mosley definitely is their best LB and he got tackles but usually not impact- more 5-8 yrds down the field.  I just dont think he is worth a top 5 LB salary when they can get out of it next year - I would expect a restructure at best.  

LBs are definitely a weakness - Saleh has said that he felt they would improve with a stronger DL - they now have that so we'll see.  

Most teams have moved away from starting 3 LBs to using 5 DBs. I guess Saleh is ok with Mosley and Williams for now, plus those two rookie bums from last year that were converted from safety.  They might end up signing K Alexander for depth.

I only have one question here. Does the FBG Moderator know that there’s more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking? 

Just looking at the improvements and what was added - besides LB this team has had a huge influx of talent.  Just about every position - its an impressive list and no reason they shouldnt stay in contention past Thxgiving for the 1st time in yrs.  

OL - Lakem - very solid IOL = upgrade; T - Becton - assuming he is healthy and plays that is an upgraded on Moses - 

TE - CJ, Conklin and Ruckert - monster upgrade from 2021

RB - Hall - huge upgrade for a legit 1-2 punch with healthy Carter

WR - Wilson and healthy C Davis - WR set of Elijah, Wilson, Davis and Berrios is big upgrade and best WR group in over a decade

QB - Flacco = whole year of Flacco is an improvement and a second yr Wilson should in theory be an upgrade - White is nice insurance to develop as well - like the continuity 

DL - Lawson, JJ - monster upgrade on pass rush which was only from blitzing last yr.  

DB - Sauce, DJ Reed, Whitehead, Joyner for whole season - huge upgrade from Hall/Ekels - now all of a sudden great depth.  

Coaching staff - year of experience under belt - not scrambling like last year due to awful passing of Knapp

Still cap room to add some talent from cuts - bring on mini camps!  

Users who are viewing this thread