What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cleveland Browns - THE RETURN OF CADE YORK (1 Viewer)

I feel the same way. Been reading more articles about the CLE defense vs Stroud. I was nervous at first, but seeing how Stroud struggles vs Man and CLE plays Man quite often, I'm not as nervous. I don't want to get confident/cocky, but I see it as a winnable game. With the defense as rested as they've ever been this season, I think they'll make life difficult on Stroud. Knowing that Houston only really has Nico and Schultz to throw to on offense should open up some opportunities with our secondary. Now I'm just ready to get it started and see what happens!
it's definitely a winnable game, the Browns are actually favored.

and by all measures, they are the better team.

we're just so used to losing that we're afraid to expect this team to win.

but they really should.
This team's different, man.

...Having home field advantage in a playoff game cannot be underestimated or undersold. It is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
Give the Texans all of the credit. Especially their OC, they called a great game and burned Schwartz with a few BIG play calls.
They knew who to target, they schemed speed and power and size advantages.
Honestly, a great all-around job attacking us at our weakest points while taking advantage of their best players abilities.
We didn't get pressure, they did. We couldn't run the ball, they could.
Can't point to any one specific thing we did wrong when we should tip our collective hats to the Texans and wish them the best.

I figured the game would come down to the Browns pass rush against Houston's O line. I felt like if Houston protected Stroud that we'd win. If the Browns could sustain pressure I thought you would.

You guys had a great season despite the injury situation. I know a lot of people were cheering for both teams, and that's something to be proud of.

Best of luck next year. Well, except for Deshaun. Sorry, that guy can pound rocks.

obviously a very disappointing end to the season, but I still have to give this team a ton of credit for the way they battled all year.

previous Browns teams would’ve packed it in after losing Chubb in week 2.

...Having home field advantage in a playoff game cannot be underestimated or undersold. It is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
Give the Texans all of the credit. Especially their OC, they called a great game and burned Schwartz with a few BIG play calls.
Honestly, a great all-around job attacking us at our weakest points while taking advantage of their best players abilities.
Can't point to any one specific thing we did wrong when we should tip our collective hats to the Texans and wish them the best.

I came in here to see if anyone was giving the Texans credit. Have to hand it to you for doing so. I live in NEO and have a lot of friends that are Browns fans IRL and on FB. Not one gave the Texans any credit. They were all blaming it on bad calls and injuries. Nice to see someone give credit where it is due.

I was shocked by the outcome and thought the Browns had a good chance to win a couple playoff games.

I came in here to see if anyone was giving the Texans credit. Have to hand it to you for doing so. I live in NEO and have a lot of friends that are Browns fans IRL and on FB. Not one gave the Texans any credit. They were all blaming it on bad calls and injuries. Nice to see someone give credit where it is due.

I was shocked by the outcome and thought the Browns had a good chance to win a couple playoff games.
Well, the Browns have a crap ton of huge injuries. There WERE some truly awful calls. Those things are true.
That said, the Texans balled out

At this point, it's kinda like a normal offseason, waiting to see what talent we'll add. Only, this time, it's coming off IR, not via the draft.

Browns got their butts kicked. Pretty plain to see.

Not sure why, but they really laid an egg.

That no call on the pass interference was pretty bad, but they didn't score 45 points because of the refs. They straight up beat the brakes off the Browns. Old fashioned butt whoopin.

At least with PFF blowing Garret all year he might win DPOY.
He shouldn't, disappeared the last few games. Look it ain't gonna be a popular opinion but if you want to be the DPOY, you gotta show up in big games. Yea, yea, yea, he pressures the QB and disrupts the offense, whatever. Gotta step up and he didn't, hurt or not, don't care. Tired of hearing how great he is and disappearing when we need him most. Had we got any kind of pressure on Stroud I think that game is different.

Defense played like they were reading their headlines, Slowik took advantage of all of their well documented weaknesses, and just when it seemed like the Browns were getting back into the game Oh no, Joe appeared. I figured we'd get knocked out at some point due to his over-aggressiveness, just not game one. They were better prepared and executed while we shot ourselves in the foot.

It was weird brushing it aside, but given all the injuries I suppose you could say I knew they were playing with house money and was comfortable with whenever this ride ended. Looking forward to next year (y)

Out-schemed on both sides of the ball. That raises questions. Did the coaches fail? Did the Texans implement lots of new stuff? Did we practice for it? Were the players unable to understand the nuances? Did injuries play a significant part?

Was Stefanski really asked how Watson and Flacco would co-exist?
Weird
I can see why the question surfaced. They play different styles, Watson being a lot more mobile. The playbook is very different. DTR would mean running the same offense.

Out-schemed on both sides of the ball. That raises questions. Did the coaches fail? Did the Texans implement lots of new stuff? Did we practice for it? Were the players unable to understand the nuances? Did injuries play a significant part?
Offense wasn't outschemed, but defense was. Relied on the DL overmatching the Texans OL and when that didn't happen they had no life preserver as there was no attempt to disguise pre snap looks. Used misdirection and screens to counter the Browns over aggressive tendencies then mixed it with untimely poor angles/tackling to dig the hole. Oh no, Joe finished it off.

Weird
I can see why the question surfaced. They play different styles, Watson being a lot more mobile. The playbook is very different. DTR would mean running the same offense.
I don't think you understand. Flacco won't be on the team.
They also alluded to a QB controversy. No.
the market will dictate where Flacco plays next year.

there is still a very slim chance he plays for the Browns.

the question is, do they think DTR can be the backup next year?

i thought he was progressing well before he got injured.

Offense wasn't outschemed, but defense was. Relied on the DL overmatching the Texans OL and when that didn't happen they had no life preserver as there was no attempt to disguise pre snap looks. Used misdirection and screens to counter the Browns over aggressive tendencies then mixed it with untimely poor angles/tackling to dig the hole. Oh no, Joe finished it off.
IMO, the picks resulted from the defensive scheme. Out-schemed in pass pro, too!

Weird
Well, Watson has his haters who will jump on Flacco's decent run to suggest a QB change. Won't happen. Period. End of story. Watson >> Baker >> Flacco.

Weird
Well, Watson has his haters who will jump on Flacco's decent run to suggest a QB change. Won't happen. Period. End of story. Watson >> Baker >> Flacco.
Baker, three 1sts, other picks, lots of cap space>>>watson though. Oh well

IMO, the picks resulted from the defensive scheme. Out-schemed in pass pro, too!
STRONGLY disagree, especially the first pick 6. That was asinine, especially for a veteran. You've driven the ball 50 yards, it's 1st down, you're in position to get to a one score game, and you do...THAT?! There wasn't anything scheme about that, just throw the ball away.

#2 was part Christian Harris and part Flacco. Kudos to Harris for picking up on the tendency, but that's a simple check for a veteran. The LB sat, so move onto read #2, but Flacco pre-determined where he was going with the ball and never accounted for the coverage. Elementary stuff.

So the Browns lose their QB and star RB for most of the season, but still make it to the playoffs behind Flacco, DTR, and Walker. Njoku is finally coming into his own after 6-7 seasons of ok production along side Cooper having a great year and the Browns clean house on the offensive side of the ball? This franchise is hilarious.

Didn't have this on the bingo card:

"Running backs coach Stump Mitchell has been fired, and tight ends coach T.C. McCartney will also be fired, a league source told cleveland.com. The two departures were first reported by Josina Anderson of CBS Sports.

Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt, who has been fine with Stefanski calling the plays, is still under contract, but is under evaluation with the rest of the offensive staff. Anderson reports he was also told he’s been let go, and a source told cleveland.com that could be the possible outcome."

This smacks of Jimmy getting his pound of flesh for the loss on Saturday.

the only thing i could think of is that the Browns are married to Watson, and the results have been... mixed.

but they asked Anderson about that specifically and she didn't think this had anything to do with Watson, so i've got nothing.

Firing Van Pelt feels like a really stupid decision. Browns had bottom-4 QB play, which is to be expected when injuries force you to start 5 different guys, and yet they still finished 11th in points scored, despite only getting 1 game out of their best offensive player.

the only thing i could think of is that the Browns are married to Watson, and the results have been... mixed.

but they asked Anderson about that specifically and she didn't think this had anything to do with Watson, so i've got nothing.
There's room for improvement in several areas and fresh ideas, but this move is primarily because of Watson

Users who are viewing this thread