What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (1 Viewer)

Ravens giving Madibuike a huge extension was a surprise, and a pretty big risk in my opinion, as he was a bit of a 1-year wonder, and now has a new DC.

Fantasy wise, I think that deal, and the retention of Stanley/Moses, makes it unlikely the Ravens are breaking the bank for a RB. More likely they either draft a guy, or sign a cheaper FA as opposed to someone like Henry or Jacobs. Maybe Ekeler comes cheap after last year? But more likely someone in the Moss/Dillon range. Probably not bad news for Keaton Mitchell owners.
It doesn't surprise me as I think Madibuike is a great player from my recollection looking at him as a rookie prospect. Another player I wanted the Vikings to take but didn't.

So I don't see him as a 1 year wonder so much as him being a player where things finally lined up well for him.

It's not that easy for a DT to put up numbers. Plenty of them who have very good seasons don't have numbers to along with that.
I also liked him as a prospect and had him as a mid 2nd instead of a mid 3rd back in 2020, but I always worry about guys who don't really breakout until their contract years, and the Ravens and Steelers especially tend to have a history of those guys, who they then often let walk, and they bust for other teams. When a guy with 8.5 career sacks suddenly puts up 13 his contract year, I get real nervous about paying that guy.

My concern is the Ravens might have just paid for a career season. A career season that I also think was a little overrated, as I also think Madibuike was/is somewhat one dimensional.

Either way, its gonna make it tough for a RB/WR signing now.
He got better every year. I didn't think he'd get to 13 sacks, but you could see something similar to this coming. His teammates and coaches love him. Maybe he gets fat and happy now, and it's a terrible deal for the Ravens. We'll see.

I still think Baltimore is in play for one of the top FA RBs, though - historically - they tend to wait until late to sign guys.

Technically not a FA but sounds like Mac Jones to Jacksonville is happening for a 6th round pick.

I'll be THAT guy, that says I don't think Lawrence and Jones are that far apart as QBs. Jones has basically been what Lawrence would have been if Urban Meyer had never left.

Solid move for the Jags.

1. Signing bonus: $30 million. ($18 million is due by April 5, 2024; $12 million is due by April 5, 2025.)

2. 2024 base salary: $1.25 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2024 offseason workout bonus: $100,000.

4. 2025 roster bonus: $15 million, fully guaranteed at signing.

5. 2025 base salary: $13.75 million, fully guaranteed.

6. 2025 offseason workout bonus: $100,000.

7. 2026 roster bonus: $16 million, guaranteed for injury at signing, and fully guaranteed as of the third day of the 2025 league year.

8. 2026 base salary: $19 million, guaranteed for injury at signing, and fully guaranteed as of the third day of the 2025 league year.

9. 2026 offseason workout bonus: $100,000.

10. 2027 base salary: $28.25 million, $3 million of which becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2027 league year.

11. 2027 offseason workout bonus: $100,000.

12. 2028 base salary: $35 million, $3 million of which becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2028 league year.

13. 2028 offseason workout bonus: $100,000.
Chris Jones
It’s a three-year deal with a practical guarantee of $95.3 million, inching out Donald’s three-year, $95 million haul. (The offseason workout bonuses of $100,000 made the difference.)

Although three years aren’t fully guaranteed at signing, the Chiefs would have to cut him after one year to avoid the $95 million obligation. If they do, they would owe him $60.2 million for one year.

The Chiefs have an option on the final two years. It remains to be seen whether the Chiefs will pay him $28.5 million in 2027, when he’s 32. Then, at 33, the salary becomes $33.5 million

Kirk Cousins is supposed to hit free agency.

Kirk Cousins is not hitting free agency unless he knew there was a reason to do so.

Arthur Blank 'Check' coming in hot tomorrow, fellas.
With Baker off the market, and getting a deal that was pretty sizeable, I think Cousins has a real shot at 45 per year. At least if the reports (dubious as they may be) about Fields and Wilson's markets are true.

It’s been an obvious connection since Alex Van Pelt was named Patriots OC, but the Pats’ interest in Jacoby Brissett is real. Expect him to be one of the Patriots’ first calls when negotiations can begin at noon.

Calvin Ridley will be one of the Patriots’ top priorities today. Everyone knows the Pats need a top-end WR and they have tons of cap space, so the interest is no surprise. But the Patriots want to make a splash today and that could start with Ridley.

Ridley getting the bag from the Pats today

It’s been an obvious connection since Alex Van Pelt was named Patriots OC, but the Pats’ interest in Jacoby Brissett is real. Expect him to be one of the Patriots’ first calls when negotiations can begin at noon.

Calvin Ridley will be one of the Patriots’ top priorities today. Everyone knows the Pats need a top-end WR and they have tons of cap space, so the interest is no surprise. But the Patriots want to make a splash today and that could start with Ridley.

Ridley getting the bag from the Pats today
So it seems - Pats also threw some pretty nice coin at Bourne yesterday coming off the ACL. Nice player and all, but seemed an overpay. Mainly shows that FA WRs are going to get paid given the dearth of unsigned talent at the position.

The #Eagles and Pro Bowl guard Landon Dickerson have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $84M base, $87M max value, source said. He gets $50M total guaranteed and a $20M signing bonus. The highest-paid guard in NFL history at $21M per year.

:mellow: :moneybag:

The #Eagles and Pro Bowl guard Landon Dickerson have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $84M base, $87M max value, source said. He gets $50M total guaranteed and a $20M signing bonus. The highest-paid guard in NFL history at $21M per year.

:mellow: :moneybag:
I guess after the Kelce retirement they need to make sure they keep the line as intact as possible.

Breaking: The #Colts and WR Michael Pittman Jr. have reached an agreement on a 3-year, $70M deal with $46M guaranteed, as
@Schultz_Report
said.

Pittman, who has had a different quarterback each year in Indianapolis, is now locked into the future with Anthony Richardson.

Shefter opens up first second of FA insinuating Swift will be a Bear.
That would be some messy backfield.
Not how I see it, seems pretty clean to me.
Herbert is a solid runner and Roschon showed a little something too in both the run and passing game. No reason they couldn't use all three.
They are solid backups, every team in the league has solid backups, every team in the league uses 2-3 RB's and Swifts not a 20 carry type. That they went after him so quickly should tell you all you need to know.

Swift is a Bear

They are saying 3/24 with 15 guaranteed, we'll see about that, but that they went after him like they did is great for how they view him.

ETA-Garafalo now saying he'll get $16.5M over first two years of the deal, so an $8.25M two year deal is what it's most likey to look like. Solid.

Last edited:
Swift is a Bear

They are saying 3/24 with 15 guaranteed, we'll see about that, but that they went after him like they did is great for how they view him.

ETA-Garafalo now saying he'll get $16.5M over first two years of the deal, so an $8.25M two year deal is what it's most likey to look like. Solid.
That's gonna be in the running for worst deal of FA in my opinion.

Swift has proven he's a COP RB. Khalil Herbert is a better runner by a wide margin. Montgomery got less last year and is also a much better RB than Swift.

Swift was a downgrade from Miles Sanders for the Eagles last season.

Swift is a Bear

Swift has proven he's a COP RB. Khalil Herbert is a better runner by a wide margin. Montgomery got less last year and is also a much better RB than Swift.

Did Roshsun fall off the face of the earth?

Swift is a Bear

Did Roshsun fall off the face of the earth?
I think the fantasy community always liked Roschon more than he deserved. He was a day 3 pick, who looked like the 3rd best RB on the Bears last year.

If they were gonna spend money on a RB, I have no idea why they didn't just keep Montgomery. Thought the whole idea of going Herbert/rookie was to be cost effective at the position.

Bad teams stay bad.

Swift is a Bear

This is an interesting take. I have always felt like Sanders was overrated, and Swift was underrated. As a Bears fan I'm not too thrilled that they are spending on RB, but I would MUCH rather have Swift than Miles Sanders at the same price.

ETA - I would, however, slightly prefer Pollard to Swift at the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread