What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A reason to dislike the Chicago Park District (1 Viewer)

swidman

Footballguy
This past weekend's U2 concert has cause the CPD to have to re-sod the field...

FIVE DAYS BEFORE THE BEARS/STEELERS GAME!!!

I'm not landscaper by trade, but I have put sod down and in no way is it going to take root in five whole days. The turf was horrible before the concert, but why does the CPD book concerts during the NFL season right before a home game? I can see booking a show if the team is going to be out of town for 2-3 weeks so the sod can take root, but this time it is just plain stupid.

I really hope nobody on each team gets severely injured because they can't plant their feet without the turf flying out from under them.

CPD = :goodposting:

The good thing is that it looks like nice weather all the way through game time. Hopefully it won't become a huge factor.

they need to get there act together. 6 days before the opener they had 3 high school games on the same day, 6 days before the game.

How does this change fantasy projections for this week?
Have you ever played any sport on fresh sod? Sod takes a lot of water before it can root properly. This means there is a good chance for the turf to be really soft. This can severely slow down fast players. And if you want to make a quick cut, there is a good chance of your feet coming out from under you.I honestly think the NFL should get involved with this matter. The CPD is seriously putting careers in jeopardy because of this. This also not the first time this has happened.

Now Soldier Field will be brought up by Cowboys fans every time someone complains about the JerryTron being too low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Soldier Field will be brought up by Cowboys fans every time someone complains about the JerryTron being too low.
I'm sure the NFL rulebook allows for concerts to be held in grass stadiums 5 days or more in advance of home games, so it must be a good idea to allow one.

The taxpayers paid over $500M for the Soldier Field renovation. The Bears and the NFL contributed around $100M. Maybe they can play the game at Memorial Stadium in Champaign if the field isn't up to standards.

i believe the field was SCHEDULED for the resod after the concert. I remember talking with my cousin on Saturday and him telling me about it

swidman said:
This past weekend's U2 concert has cause the CPD to have to re-sod the field...

FIVE DAYS BEFORE THE BEARS/STEELERS GAME!!!

I'm not landscaper by trade, but I have put sod down and in no way is it going to take root in five whole days. The turf was horrible before the concert, but why does the CPD book concerts during the NFL season right before a home game? I can see booking a show if the team is going to be out of town for 2-3 weeks so the sod can take root, but this time it is just plain stupid.

I really hope nobody on each team gets severely injured because they can't plant their feet without the turf flying out from under them.

CPD = :lmao:
The thing I don't really get about this is that the Bears were supposed to have exclusive use of the stadium during the season as part of the agreement when they rebuilt. It was always a problem with the soccer games and crap they were holding here.I'd like to know why exactly the Bears had to put up any money to improve something the Park District owns if they aren't going to get that exclusive use of it during the season.

The taxpayers paid over $500M for the Soldier Field renovation. The Bears and the NFL contributed around $100M. Maybe they can play the game at Memorial Stadium in Champaign if the field isn't up to standards.
The Bears should have paid 0 if they weren't going to exclusive use of the stadium during the season. Might as well have moved the team somewhere that would build a real stadium rather than what they ended up getting.

Users who are viewing this thread