What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFCC***Cincinnati at Kansas City*** (-1.5, 48) Chiefs 23-20 (1 Viewer)

There’s the flag. What a joke.
A joke? That was the easiest call of the game
Soccer is awesome too. GTFO that was a BS call.

Did he push Mahomes? Yes. Barely. Not enough to ruin the game over.
:lmao: shut up dude, that was a flag all day

Shut up? Wanna walk that back?
Time for bed dude.
Did anyone who is complaining about that call or blaming the refs actually watch the game? That was totally on the bengals.
I’m complaining about the call… a little.

I don’t have a problem with the call because it is the rule and by definition the right call.

I’m not upset. I’m not angry. I don’t want to light my mattress on fire.

I would like to have seen some common sense made and not made the call. I don’t think he threw Mahomes to the ground. It was a very sight push.

It’s hard to see egregious holding and see that called. That defender is taught MURDER THE QB MURDER THE QB MURDER THE MFN QB!!!!!!! HOOOOOLD UP, DONT TOUCH!!!!

I also don’t like people who flop.
it wasn’t a flop and it was a very late hard shove. It gets called 100% of the time no matter who is the ball carrier. It was the easiest flag of the game.
Put both of your arms in the air so that your elbows are ear level. Now tell me this is the natural position for your arms to go to when you are shoved from behind, and not arms forward trying to brace for impact.

Good penalty call but it was Olympic Diving

no, much like a S7uttmonkey running for boom shot it was an easy call

Time for bed dude.
Did anyone who is complaining about that call or blaming the refs actually watch the game? That was totally on the bengals.
I’m complaining about the call… a little.

I don’t have a problem with the call because it is the rule and by definition the right call.

I’m not upset. I’m not angry. I don’t want to light my mattress on fire.

I would like to have seen some common sense made and not made the call. I don’t think he threw Mahomes to the ground. It was a very sight push.

It’s hard to see egregious holding and see that called. That defender is taught MURDER THE QB MURDER THE QB MURDER THE MFN QB!!!!!!! HOOOOOLD UP, DONT TOUCH!!!!

I also don’t like people who flop.
it wasn’t a flop and it was a very late hard shove. It gets called 100% of the time no matter who is the ball carrier. It was the easiest flag of the game.
Put both of your arms in the air so that your elbows are ear level. Now tell me this is the natural position for your arms to go to when you are shoved from behind, and not arms forward trying to brace for impact.

Good penalty call but it was Olympic Diving
He was selling it. That‘s instinct.

Refs talking on post game press conference

Dangerous Danny Davis and Earl Hebner at the podium now

They delivered what the NFL wanted... Reid vs Eagles, Kelce x 2 for press week.
I think the NFL would be just fine with Burrow and SF being in the Super Bowl :lol:

I had no skin in that game and now feel dirty for watching it. It started with that mysterious "let's do 3rd and 9 over again" and snowballed from there. How the hell they missed the block in the back on the punt is beyond me.

The NFL a tried to do this and y’all got gaslighted into opposing it.

I don't think either Desert Power or I wanted them to end the lockout the first time. Even after the Seattle/GB game. So "y'all" is probably not the correct pronoun/salutation here.

I think the NFL would be just fine with Burrow and SF being in the Super Bowl :lol:

I had no skin in that game and now feel dirty for watching it. It started with that mysterious "let's do 3rd and 9 over again" and snowballed from there. How the hell they missed the block in the back on the punt is beyond me.
On that do over play the ref was running in but no one could hear him. But yeah that was weird.

There was holding on pretty much every drop back by both teams in the 4th quarter. I don’t know how refs are going to fix that.

If you thought today's refereeing was that bad, have I got news for you about next year's regular season, because this was the worst season for it in a long time. I can't remember a year that the officiating was worse. Today was tiddly winks comparatively.
Agree. Never been worse. Ever.

People don’t appreciate how great MLB umpires are compared to this **** show in the NFL.

These guys are not full time employees…and many of them are very old very out of shape and not cut out for the speed of this game.

They gotta fix it.
They tried, we cried.

I don't think either Desert Power or I wanted them to end the lockout the first time. Even after the Seattle/GB game. So "y'all" is probably not the correct pronoun/salutation here.
Most here were up in arms at the time. Had to 90/10 in favor of railing on the NFL for using scab refs.

I swear…..the amount of commercials are completely out of control.

I am not used to this at all anymore.

Red Zone take me away!!!
Having RZ for the last however many years has spoiled me to the point where it’s hard to even watch these single games
It's terrible.

When I watch single games I'm not even sure I actually like the sport.

If you thought today's refereeing was that bad, have I got news for you about next year's regular season, because this was the worst season for it in a long time. I can't remember a year that the officiating was worse. Today was tiddly winks comparatively.
Agree. Never been worse. Ever.

People don’t appreciate how great MLB umpires are compared to this **** show in the NFL.

These guys are not full time employees…and many of them are very old very out of shape and not cut out for the speed of this game.

They gotta fix it.
They tried, we cried.

Most here were up in arms at the time. Had to 90/10 in favor of railing on the NFL for using scab refs.
I was never opposed to it.

Btw for those that don't know, the mayor of Cincinnati made on video an official proclamation that Joe burrow take a paternity test to see if he's Mahomes dad.....

That's where that Kelce all stemmed from

no, much like a S7uttmonkey running for boom shot it was an easy call
:lmao: I didn’t see this was you last night.

Still a horrible call. Mahomes had to sell it after he realized he got “pushed”.

Probably for the best anyway. Burrow would get decapitated behind that Bengals line against the eagles front.

Ossai #58 hurts himself deep into the sidelines
And he hurts the Bengals
Butker about to send them to the Super Bowl

What a horrible way to end this football game
But overall he played a TREMENDOUS game. Not his fault.
You're right and at the end of the game I did start feeling bad for him when he was crying. He played a helluva game and for it to end in that way, had to be a tough pill to swallow

Can we walk back to when Cincinnati has the ball in their own territory, fairly deep-in fact the 6 yd line and there is about 2:30 minutes left in the game.

They get a 10 yd completion to start and it's 1st down and let's go! They burn the clock down to 2:00 much to the delight of Tony Romo and btw, that guy needs to dial it back. I had it on mute most of the way until the 3rd down and 9 do over and Romo is on some mission to outthink...HIMSELF! It's like he is having a conversation in his head unfiltered on a live broadcast, it's impossible at times to listen to and he almost screeches into the mic at different times when he is dissecting pre-snap, it's like he's watching a live birth, just relax a little Tony, someone get him a Corona.

Back to the Bengals...that drive ends up stalling after about 8 plays despite a 3rd and 16 conversion to Hayden Hurst for 23 yds.
The next 3 plays are Hurst, Irwin and a sack, that cannot happen. You must be able in the most critical times to call on your best players, Chase and Higgins, they come down with the football and they should have been the targets. Zac Taylor pulled this crap in the Super Bowl last year when he hands the ball to Sammy instead of Joe late in the game when they had the lead and allowed the Rams to drive and score in the end and win the Super Bowl. Last night he doesn't get the ball into his best players hands at the most critical times, he still is abysmal to me as a head football coach and rides Joe Burrow's coat tails, if you disagree that's fine but look at his record outside of Burrow, like 6-25 and then he comes up small as a Head Coach when they need his leadership the most.

What say you?

Can we walk back to when Cincinnati has the ball in their own territory, fairly deep-in fact the 6 yd line and there is about 2:30 minutes left in the game.

They get a 10 yd completion to start and it's 1st down and let's go! They burn the clock down to 2:00 much to the delight of Tony Romo and btw, that guy needs to dial it back. I had it on mute most of the way until the 3rd down and 9 do over and Romo is on some mission to outthink...HIMSELF! It's like he is having a conversation in his head unfiltered on a live broadcast, it's impossible at times to listen to and he almost screeches into the mic at different times when he is dissecting pre-snap, it's like he's watching a live birth, just relax a little Tony, someone get him a Corona.

Back to the Bengals...that drive ends up stalling after about 8 plays despite a 3rd and 16 conversion to Hayden Hurst for 23 yds.
The next 3 plays are Hurst, Irwin and a sack, that cannot happen. You must be able in the most critical times to call on your best players, Chase and Higgins, they come down with the football and they should have been the targets. Zac Taylor pulled this crap in the Super Bowl last year when he hands the ball to Sammy instead of Joe late in the game when they had the lead and allowed the Rams to drive and score in the end and win the Super Bowl. Last night he doesn't get the ball into his best players hands at the most critical times, he still is abysmal to me as a head football coach and rides Joe Burrow's coat tails, if you disagree that's fine but look at his record outside of Burrow, like 6-25 and then he comes up small as a Head Coach when they need his leadership the most.

What say you?
Is Taylor calling the plays?

What say you?
Good question, he was the OC for Miami in '15 and then Cinci in '16, then he ends up as a WR Coach and QB coach with the Rams for a couple years and then splash he lands in Cinci as HC and loses a ton of football games. He has to be the master of the offense one way or the other in Cinci, he's not willing them on defense to B2B AFCC appearances and a SB last year. I don't recall a lot of hype around the Bengals D, it might be better than I thought, they don't miss a lot of tackles but they aren't world beaters by any stretch.

My point is Taylor has to be responsible of the offense, regardless of who the OC is technically, he has to be on the head set and instructing who he wants to see targeted.
The OC for Dallas was fired, 2nd Rd of the Playoffs.

I hold Taylor responsible as the head Coach for the end of these football games and I don't think he deserves very high marks for his end of game leadership in the Super bowl last year or the AFCC this year. He's 39 years old, relatively young to have this many games under his belt, seems he's still green to how you finish games off.

And if he's not a lot of help on defense and he isn't calling plays or designing the offense then what is he doing exactly?
Thanks BtM

Last edited:

What say you?
That sequence was just embarrassing. I dont know if its the coaching or players just not making plays, but you have the game in your hands. 20-30 yards and you go to the Super Bowl.

What say you?
Good question, he was the OC for Miami in '15 and then Cinci in '16, then he ends up as a WR Coach and QB coach with the Rams for a couple years and then splash he lands in Cinci as HC and loses a ton of football games. He has to be the master of the offense one way or the other in Cinci, he's not willing them on defense to B2B AFCC appearances and a SB last year. I don't recall a lot of hype around the Bengals D, it might be better than I thought, they don't miss a lot of tackles but they aren't world beaters by any stretch.

My point is Taylor has to be responsible of the offense, regardless of who the OC is technically, he has to be on the head set and instructing who he wants to see targeted.
The OC for Dallas was fired, 2nd Rd of the Playoffs.

I hold Taylor responsible as the head Coach for the end of these football games and I don't think he deserves very high marks for his end of game leadership in the Super bowl last year or the AFCC this year. He's 39 years old, relatively young to have this many games under his belt, seems he's still green to how you finish games off.

And if he's not a lot of help on defense and he isn't calling plays or designing the offense then what is he doing exactly?
Thanks BtM
I don't know. Does an OC or HC ever get that specific as far as saying who has to be targeted? Especially with a QB as good as Burrow? My guess would be no. But I don't know. I've always wondered what some of those in-game conversations are with coaches and players. It would be fascinating to hear.

:lmao: I didn’t see this was you last night.

Still a horrible call. Mahomes had to sell it after he realized he got “pushed”.

Probably for the best anyway. Burrow would get decapitated behind that Bengals line against the eagles front.
When I watched it live I thought it was a late hit and when I saw the replay I thought it was a late hit. Not only was he already out of bounds, but he was clearly giving himself up out of bounds and no longer fighting for yardage.

It was as clear cut of a late hit out of bounds as there is. They both ended up rolled up into the bench.

Andrew Russell
@Andrew_Russell7
Final overall OL grades and pressure rate allowed for the playoffs:
LT - Williams - 58.2, 8.7% LT - Carman - 58.1, 6.7%
LG - Volson - 62.9, 3.9%
C - Karras - 71.7, 3.1%
RG - Scharping - 41.3, 11.0%
RT - Adeniji - 43.6, 11.8%
Goodberry@JoeGoodberry
PFF OL grades are up Total
Pressures allowed 9 - Scharping 7 - Adeniji 3 - Carman 2 - Volson, Karras
Sacks allowed 3 - Adeniji 2 - Scharping
Penalties 1 - Volson, Karras, Adeniji
-----------------------------------------------
Steve Doerschuk@sdoerschukREP
Was harder for Burrow to play behind that line than for Mahomes to play on that ankle.

Andrew Russell
@Andrew_Russell7
Final overall OL grades and pressure rate allowed for the playoffs:
LT - Williams - 58.2, 8.7% LT - Carman - 58.1, 6.7%
LG - Volson - 62.9, 3.9%
C - Karras - 71.7, 3.1%
RG - Scharping - 41.3, 11.0%
RT - Adeniji - 43.6, 11.8%
Goodberry@JoeGoodberry
PFF OL grades are up Total
Pressures allowed 9 - Scharping 7 - Adeniji 3 - Carman 2 - Volson, Karras
Sacks allowed 3 - Adeniji 2 - Scharping
Penalties 1 - Volson, Karras, Adeniji
-----------------------------------------------
Steve Doerschuk@sdoerschukREP
Was harder for Burrow to play behind that line than for Mahomes to play on that ankle.
It sucks because we seemed to have been successful (once everyone got it together mid-season) at putting a quality o-line on the field. Then lost 3/5 of them anyway.

But injuries happen to every team. Sucks though.

The NFL has been scripting games for a long time. It’s really obvious when they have to cover for a team like a KC that just wasn’t good enough to be the stR that they need them to be.

The NFL has been scripting games for a long time. It’s really obvious when they have to cover for a team like a KC that just wasn’t good enough to be the stR that they need them to be.
Yet the Cowboys have 3 playoff wins in this century. 🤔

What say you?
That sequence was just embarrassing. I dont know if its the coaching or players just not making plays, but you have the game in your hands. 20-30 yards and you go to the Super Bowl.
Taylor is a great coach and a huge reason why the Bengals are what they are, but I still agree with you about this…. the Bengals got themselves to a 2 minute drive for the Super Bowl and didn’t get it done. They usually do and it’s probably just variance that they didn’t this time.

The officiating is what it is. It’s been awful all year in almost every game so what can you say. It’s a hard game to officiate and they’re trying to do it with archaic technology and senior citizens. All I can say is I hope the Bengals take care of business from the jump next year and get the 1 seed because I’m confident that has almost everything to do with who gets what calls. We need to put ourselves in that position next year and KC did earn home field.

Yet the Cowboys have 3 playoff wins in this century. 🤔
All part of the master plan to give them plausible deniability

What say you?
Taylor is a great coach and a huge reason why the Bengals are what they are, but I still agree with you about this…. the Bengals got themselves to a 2 minute drive for the Super Bowl and didn’t get it done. They usually do and it’s probably just variance that they didn’t this time.

The officiating is what it is. It’s been awful all year in almost every game so what can you say. It’s a hard game to officiate and they’re trying to do it with archaic technology and senior citizens. All I can say is I hope the Bengals take care of business from the jump next year and get the 1 seed because I’m confident that has almost everything to do with who gets what calls. We need to put ourselves in that position next year and KC did earn home field.
That's a good response. Mad respect for the Bengals and any fans of theirs who says they had their shot and didn't get it done. KC-Cin will meet again soon in the post season.

Users who are viewing this thread