What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Agree or Disagree? Donald Trump Controls The Republican Party And Republicans Must Yield To Him (1 Viewer)

I identify mostly Independent: Agree or Disagree? Donald Trump Controls The Republican Party And Rep

• Total voters
Is this guy close enough: Lindsey

Graham

Does this matter at all: Polls

Again, this guy can pound sand as far as I am concerned. I will be very happy ecstatic to see him bounced from the Republican Party.

Jan 6th I assumed was the offramp, but alas it doesn't appear so.

Midterms and the nom is the next chance. Don't let us down. 

Full disclosure :  If I'm wrong and Trump is the nom and he faces an idiot like Biden or Harris, I'm going with Trump all day, every day.  I'll hold my nose again.

Can't get worse than Biden/Harris.  Or is it Harris/Biden?  I have no idea - just like Joe.

How about YOU do us a favor and put somebody up on the DNC side that can say a full sentence or knows what day of the week it is or knows their current COVID strategy?  I'm not interested in voting for a secret cabal that is actually setting policy and making decisions and not just pushing addled Joe out their.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full disclosure :  If I'm wrong and Trump is the nom and he faces an idiot like Biden or Harris, I'm going with Trump all day, every day.  I'll hold my nose again.

Can't get worse than Biden/Harris.  Or is it Harris/Biden?  I have no idea - just like Joe.

How about YOU do us a favor and put somebody up on the DNC side that can say a full sentence or know what day of the week it is or knows their current COVID strategy?
We were talking about how it's a "fake narrative" that Trump controls the party.

If you want to change the subject that's ok.

moleculo said:
Why is this thread 12 pages long?  Is this really debatable?
A portion of this country would hold their breath if the other side told them breathing was necessary.  For the most part, I've checked out of politics because it's clear to me there's no reconciliation of the 'reality' divide.

What I do find surprising is that so many Earthlings keep trying to convince those who have moved to another planet that the sky is blue.  

A portion of this country would hold their breath if the other side told them breathing was necessary.  For the most part, I've checked out of politics because it's clear to me there's no reconciliation of the 'reality' divide.

What I do find surprising is that so many Earthlings keep trying to convince those who have moved to another planet that the sky is blue.  

When you guys coming back to Earth?

I was always on the thread subject.  :shrug:

Where have you been?
One more time. How is Trump having control of the party a fake narrative?

He is far and away the favorite to be the nom, Lindsey Graham openly slobbering all over him, McCarthy and Cruz hurting themselves to not upset him on Jan 6th, etc.

One more time. How is Trump having control of the party a fake narrative?

He is far and away the favorite to be the nom, Lindsey

Graham

openly slobbering all over him, McCarthy and Cruz hurting themselves to not upset him on Jan 6th, etc.

I explained it above.  :shrug:

Trump has no control, may have some influence now but will have almost zero influence by election time. 

But that "some influence now" is not the level you lefties think it is.  It's much lower but I get why you have to amp it up to 11 to support this fake narrative that "Trump controls the GOP". 

I mean, if you can demonize the right why wouldn't you, amiright?  Even if you have to greatly exaggerate or make fake claims. 

Thanks, Mr. independence!

I'm not posting about Trump, I'm responding to the fake narratives being passed around about Trump's control.  :shrug:
So you’re not talking about Trump by talking about Trump narratives in a thread about Trump. Ok, sure.  

But hey I guess I should be happy, at least you’re not talking about BLM/Antifa.  

I explained it above.  :shrug:

Trump has no control, may have some influence now but will have almost zero influence by election time. 

But that "some influence now" is not the level you lefties think it is.  It's much lower but I get why you have to amp it up to 11 to support this fake narrative that "Trump controls the GOP". 

I mean, if you can demonize the right why wouldn't you, amiright?  Even if you have to greatly exaggerate or make fake claims. 
Thank you. What do you base this on?

So you’re not talking about Trump by talking about Trump narratives in a thread about Trump. Ok, sure.  

But hey I guess I should be happy, at least you’re not talking about BLM/Antifa.  

Stay focused and stop trying to play "GOTCHA!!".  I'm not initiating the Trump talk/conversation here.  I'm responding to it.

And, once again, I love your claims of independence but only go after conservative posters.  A true "independent" indeed.  Well, at least what this board considers "independent".

Stay focused and stop trying to play "GOTCHA!!".  I'm not initiating the Trump talk/conversation here.  I'm responding to it.

And, once again, I love your claims of independence but only go after conservative posters.  A true "independent" indeed.  Well, at least what this board considers "independent".
So only initiating it means you’re talking about it.  Interesting.  

Also you want me to stop playing “gotcha” but then you type out a paragraph playing gotcha.  Again, interesting.

Oh, yeah, that "fake narrative" that he controls the GOP.  Right, that is the fake narrative.  :thumbup:

All you lefties bringing up Trump constantly and saying over-hyped, amped up and exaggerated claims doesn't make it true.  It's really that simple.  :thumbup:

So the only conclusion is that you guys NEED - no WANT - Trump so you can deflect off of the terrible job Biden and the Democrats are doing.  The fact that you constantly talk about him in all of your posts shows that the only control Trump has is over, well, you guys and your party.  :shrug:

I mean, like @moleculo says, that's not even debatable.
Best post of the thread, please pin. 

His influence over the GOP is much less than what it is over the DNC, IMO.  :shrug:

By 2024, he'll have close to ZERO influence.  Instead of listening to your lefty bubble friends, try listening to us conservatives who are actually closer to the game than you are.  When we say the majority is over Trump, believe us.  None of us want Trump either.  He holds no sway over me or anyone other conservative I know.

If you continue to listen to your left friends they'll eventually tell you he is the Master of the Universe and controls not only Earth, but the next 6 planets too.  Amping it up to make it worse than it really is what you guys do.  Stop doing it. 
I hope you are right but that's not my impression.  At all.

Yes, libs cite Trump a lot.  Not that different than how conservatives LOVE to talk about Hillary and AOC.

Oh, yeah, that "fake narrative" that he controls the GOP.  Right, that is the fake narrative.  :thumbup:

All you lefties bringing up Trump constantly and saying over-hyped, amped up and exaggerated claims doesn't make it true.  It's really that simple.  :thumbup:

So the only conclusion is that you guys NEED - no WANT - Trump so you can deflect off of the terrible job Biden and the Democrats are doing.  The fact that you constantly talk about him in all of your posts shows that the only control Trump has is over, well, you guys and your party.  :shrug:

I mean, like @moleculo says, that's not even debatable.
I think the "why" is very debatable.

Your first 2 paragraphs lament how media and libs assign meaning and intent to conservatives, yet you do the exact same in paragraph 3.  "You guys need"... Umm, no.

How about YOU do us a favor and put somebody up on the DNC side that can say a full sentence or knows what day of the week it is or knows their current COVID strategy?  I'm not interested in voting for a secret cabal that is actually setting policy and making decisions and not just pushing addled Joe out their.
100% all day long on the bolded, Trump will never be a worse alternative then what the Left has become and the terrible options in their party. Seeing their behavior here and everywhere else having meltdowns and even still “But Trump!” all day long when they are failing our country miserably as we speak…..that will never be the best option in my eyes. I’m with you all the way.  :hifive:

Ii appreciate the progress personally.  It's gone from "an afterthought by the end of the month (Nov 2020)" to "afterthought by 2024", so at least we recognize he's not an afterthought right now :thumbup:  

Ii appreciate the progress personally.  It's gone from "an afterthought by the end of the month (Nov 2020)" to "afterthought by 2024", so at least we recognize he's not an afterthought right now :thumbup:  
No one said that but you.

That's you making stuff up again, attributing that which you just made up on others and then lampooning those others for saying the thing you just made up (that they never said).

Good work.

100% all day long on the bolded, Trump will never be a worse alternative then what the Left has become and the terrible options in their party. Seeing their behavior here and everywhere else having meltdowns and even still “But Trump!” all day long when they are failing our country miserably as we speak…..that will never be the best option in my eyes. I’m with you all the way.  :hifive:
This is precisely why it’s up to Republican Party leaders and GOP primary voters to ensure that Trump isn’t our next president. 

This is precisely why it’s up to Republican Party leaders and GOP primary voters to ensure that Trump isn’t our next president. 
Agreed, and thats how its going to work. 

Trump wont be the nom.  Bank on it.

Desantis

Haley

Crenshaw

Noemi
Like Haley and Crenshaw. Not a fan of Desantis, and don’t know much about Noemi. Which do you think has the best shot of beating Trump if he runs. Because if the answer to that is clear by primary season, I’ll likely vote for that person (including if it’s Desantis).

No one said that but you.

That's you making stuff up again, attributing that which you just made up on others and then lampooning those others for saying the thing you just made up (that they never said).

Good work.
You said exactly that :shrug:

hmmm....perhaps not.  It might have been "he's completely irrelevant" just a few days after the election now that I think about it.  Either way, the sentiment is the same.  I appreciate the awareness and progress coming from it :thumbup:  

We took care of the job in 2020. You all need to take the baton for 2024. We can work together on this. Thoughts on who I should be voting for in the Republican primary (assuming they run)?
The best bet is DeSantis.  The way he does legislation proposals is ideal for those who want gridlock in DC.

Desantis

Haley

Crenshaw

Noemi
Larry Hogan? I'll admit I don't know much about him but have been impressed in what little I've seen. Plus getting back to a governor would be a welcome change.

As a GOP governor of a blue state, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has sought to build a national reputation as a traditional Republican in the vein of former President Reagan. He’s also been a vocal critic of Trump, which could give him a unique lane to run in should he mount a bid for the White House in 2024.

Hogan has insisted that he’s focused on completing his term as governor while trying to steer the country toward a more civil political debate. But he hasn’t dodged conversations about a potential 2024 run entirely, acknowledging during an interview on CBS’s “This Morning” earlier this year that he “hasn’t ruled it out.”

Hogan is also one of the few prospective GOP contenders that wouldn’t be deterred from running if Trump launches another campaign.

Like Haley and Crenshaw. Not a fan of Desantis, and don’t know much about Noemi. Which do you think has the best shot of beating Trump if he runs. Because if the answer to that is clear by primary season, I’ll likely vote for that person (including if it’s Desantis).
I think desantis has the edge over haley at this moment in time.

A desantis/haley or haley/desantis ticket would be mindblowingly awesome at this moment in time,IMO.

hmmm....perhaps not.  It might have been "he's completely irrelevant" just a few days after the election now that I think about it.  Either way, the sentiment is the same.  I appreciate the awareness and progress coming from it :thumbup:  
yeah, i never said that a few days after the election.

I hope you are right but that's not my impression.  At all.

Yes, libs cite Trump a lot.  Not that different than how conservatives LOVE to talk about Hillary and AOC.
Oh, fore sure.

But remind me again how many threads we have dedicated to Trump vs the number for AOC and hillary?  Page counts for each of those dedicated threads would be really great too.

I think youll find more "love" for DJT from the left and it wouldnt be close.

I’d like to see Desantis or Haley but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s Trump. It’s easy to see why the liberal media feeds their loyal followers Trump as much as possible, they need him. Their followers blindly eat up anything Trump, now matter how  :tinfoilhat: . They get him back and maybe they save themselves from the disaster they are now. 

https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/cnn-sees-ratings-dive-by-90-from-2021-coverage/amp/

:link:  or don’t put words in other posters mouths please. TIA. 

The best bet is DeSantis.  The way he does legislation proposals is ideal for those who want gridlock in DC.
More like the way he doesn’t try to shutdown his state is ideal for Americans that want to live their lives. You are the one that voted for the guy that can’t get anything done in DC right now, sorry. 

Yup.  Exactly.  

More like the way he doesn’t try to shutdown his state is ideal for Americans that want to live their lives. You are the one that voted for the guy that can’t get anything done in DC right now, sorry. 
You have this really weird habit of responding to posts with comments that have zero to do with what you quoted.

I'm relieved that nothing's getting done outside the infrastructure bill.  I don't like much of it at all.  Don't be "sorry" for whatever you're sorry for.  I'm not.

You may be right. Certainly hope so. 

However, your gut and ear to the ground doesn't really align with the numbers we have. Don could wreck any of these people if he wants. 

This is why the voting in this thread's poll is what it is.
Im supremely confident it wont be Trump.

You have this really weird habit of responding to posts with comments that have zero to do with what you quoted.

I'm relieved that nothing's getting done outside the infrastructure bill.  I don't like much of it at all.  Don't be "sorry" for whatever you're sorry for.  I'm not.
Your hypocrisy speaks for itself, wouldn’t expect you to own it at this point. 

Don has 40-50 point leads on all these folks.

Direct Headline: Donald Trump Is Winning The Polls — And Losing The Nomination

But the problem isn’t just that the national polls at this stage in the race lack empirical power to predict the nomination; it’s also that they describe a fiction....What about being a jerk? If you can make yourself the center of attention — and no candidate in modern memory has been more skilled at that than Trump — you can potentially turn the polls into a referendum on your candidacy.

By Nate Silver Aug. 11, 2015, at 10:31 AM

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trump-is-winning-the-polls-and-losing-the-nomination/

Direct Headline: Who’s Winning the Presidential Campaign?

“Since 1980, the single best predictor of a party’s nominee is the number of endorsements from party elites — elected officials and prominent past party leaders — in the months before primaries begin...”...

NY Times Sept. 15, 2015

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/presidential-candidates-dashboard.html

Direct Headline: Why Trump Will Never Make the Ballot

Making political predictions rarely turns out well, but here’s one: Donald Trump will not be a candidate for president in 2016.....First is the essential question: Will Donald Trump be the next president of the United States? No.

Stuart Stevens Aug. 20, 2015 6:15AM ET 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-trump-will-never-make-the-ballot

Direct Headline: Early polls don’t mean much. It’s still possible to report on them.

Here’s the problem. We know from presidential general elections that polling this early is not correlated with outcomes in November.  We know from presidential primary elections that poll surges are often ephemeral, in part because they reflect how the media covers primary candidates. For both reasons, we should discount where the candidates stand in current polls.  In fact, it could easily be the case that current polls tell us almost nothing about where the presidential primary or general election will end up...But it does seem to me that the sheer volume of coverage is vastly out of proportion to the value of these polls.

By John Sides July 27, 2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/07/27/early-polls-dont-mean-much-its-still-possible-to-report-on-them/

The modern current polling industry is dead. Political forecasting in the new "cancel culture woke" environment is now dead. Those idiots have not a single clue what they are talking about and now that's been nationally exposed in the last two cycles.

Trump was leading in the polling in 2015 and you can see the bias dripping out from all the evaluations of him by "pundits" as they panned his chances. Now when it serves their agenda, his chances currently are great despite BEING THREE YEARS OUT.  The narrative shifts to whatever best fulfills more Orange/Man/Bad.  The only thing this current administration has left in it's quiver for the next three years is J6. And they will bang that drum as loudly as they can as this administration sinks further and further into ineptness and chaos.

Some of you radical leftists in here can't have it both ways. You can't keep banging the J6 drum and keep saying how Trump tried to hijack democracy and then pretend that's not a widespread narrative and media optics focus just long enough for Trump to overcome BEING DEPLATFORMED FROM BIG SOCIAL MEDIA and DEMONETIZED BY BIG MONEY CORPORATE DONORS to win the ticket in 2024 just to get beaten by whatever the Democratic Party can scratch together for a candidate ( At this point and time, likely Newsom or Abrams)

2015 - Trump is leading in the polls and is getting massive media coverage - but we hate Trump so it doesn't matter and screw him and all is lost for him!

Aiming for the 2024 general cycle - Trump is leading in the polls ( that average a whopping SIX PERCENT TOTAL RETURN ON CONVERTED ENGAGEMENT ), never mind all we've said about J6 and his pandemic response and demonizing him as a white nationalist on nearly every major activist complicit MSM outlet - but we hate Trump so it doesn't matter and screw him and all is NOT lost for him just long enough for him to crawl his way up to lose!

Nothing is more ridiculous than watching the woke cancel culture radical leftist zealots and low information voters here attempt to push how Trump can win the 2024 RNC ticket WITHOUT saying one good thing about him that will appeal to primary voters. The common thread seems to be that Conservative and Republican voters are blind, stupid and cultists as the only explanation possible. Then later when they are approached by something that can't be defensible with their tribalism, they shout, "Let's be better! Why must there be so much division!"

YOU CAN'T TOUT TRUMP AS WINNING THE 2024 NOMINATION AND ALSO AVOID DISCUSSING ANYTHING POLICY RELATED (2016-20) THAT WOULD BE SEEN AS A POSITIVE FOR HIM.

Direct Headline: Donald Trump Is Winning The Polls — And Losing The Nomination

But the problem isn’t just that the national polls at this stage in the race lack empirical power to predict the nomination; it’s also that they describe a fiction....What about being a jerk? If you can make yourself the center of attention — and no candidate in modern memory has been more skilled at that than Trump — you can potentially turn the polls into a referendum on your candidacy.

By Nate Silver Aug. 11, 2015, at 10:31 AM

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trump-is-winning-the-polls-and-losing-the-nomination/

Direct Headline: Who’s Winning the Presidential Campaign?

“Since 1980, the single best predictor of a party’s nominee is the number of endorsements from party elites — elected officials and prominent past party leaders — in the months before primaries begin...”...

NY Times Sept. 15, 2015

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/presidential-candidates-dashboard.html

Direct Headline: Why Trump Will Never Make the Ballot

Making political predictions rarely turns out well, but here’s one: Donald Trump will not be a candidate for president in 2016.....First is the essential question: Will Donald Trump be the next president of the United States? No.

Stuart Stevens Aug. 20, 2015 6:15AM ET 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-trump-will-never-make-the-ballot

Direct Headline: Early polls don’t mean much. It’s still possible to report on them.

Here’s the problem. We know from presidential general elections that polling this early is not correlated with outcomes in November.  We know from presidential primary elections that poll surges are often ephemeral, in part because they reflect how the media covers primary candidates. For both reasons, we should discount where the candidates stand in current polls.  In fact, it could easily be the case that current polls tell us almost nothing about where the presidential primary or general election will end up...But it does seem to me that the sheer volume of coverage is vastly out of proportion to the value of these polls.

By John Sides July 27, 2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/07/27/early-polls-dont-mean-much-its-still-possible-to-report-on-them/

The modern current polling industry is dead. Political forecasting in the new "cancel culture woke" environment is now dead. Those idiots have not a single clue what they are talking about and now that's been nationally exposed in the last two cycles.

Trump was leading in the polling in 2015 and you can see the bias dripping out from all the evaluations of him by "pundits" as they panned his chances. Now when it serves their agenda, his chances currently are great despite BEING THREE YEARS OUT.  The narrative shifts to whatever best fulfills more Orange/Man/Bad.  The only thing this current administration has left in it's quiver for the next three years is J6. And they will bang that drum as loudly as they can as this administration sinks further and further into ineptness and chaos.

Some of you radical leftists in here can't have it both ways. You can't keep banging the J6 drum and keep saying how Trump tried to hijack democracy and then pretend that's not a widespread narrative and media optics focus just long enough for Trump to overcome BEING DEPLATFORMED FROM BIG SOCIAL MEDIA and DEMONETIZED BY BIG MONEY CORPORATE DONORS to win the ticket in 2024 just to get beaten by whatever the Democratic Party can scratch together for a candidate ( At this point and time, likely Newsom or Abrams)

2015 - Trump is leading in the polls and is getting massive media coverage - but we hate Trump so it doesn't matter and screw him and all is lost for him!

Aiming for the 2024 general cycle - Trump is leading in the polls ( that average a whopping SIX PERCENT TOTAL RETURN ON CONVERTED ENGAGEMENT ), never mind all we've said about J6 and his pandemic response and demonizing him as a white nationalist on nearly every major activist complicit MSM outlet - but we hate Trump so it doesn't matter and screw him and all is NOT lost for him just long enough for him to crawl his way up to lose!

Nothing is more ridiculous than watching the woke cancel culture radical leftist zealots and low information voters here attempt to push how Trump can win the 2024 RNC ticket WITHOUT saying one good thing about him that will appeal to primary voters. The common thread seems to be that Conservative and Republican voters are blind, stupid and cultists as the only explanation possible. Then later when they are approached by something that can't be defensible with their tribalism, they shout, "Let's be better! Why must there be so much division!"

YOU CAN'T TOUT TRUMP AS WINNING THE 2024 NOMINATION AND ALSO AVOID DISCUSSING ANYTHING POLICY RELATED (2016-20) THAT WOULD BE SEEN AS A POSITIVE FOR HIM.
This is a thread about Trump's influence on his party. 40 point leads in the polls kind of indicate significant influence.

I just want to use some formatting: RADICAL LEFTISTS

Users who are viewing this thread