What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise (2 Viewers)

Let's try to be honest here for a second. If you had to guess tho...what would your guess be?
I refuse to pay any attention to the deflections going on here.  We know what Antifa is, just as we know the violent right wingers.  What's important is that it is stopped.

Man was beaten and maced by Antifa. He wandered off dazed and bloodied and collapsed in a parking lot. No authorities have helped him yet. #PortlandProtest.  I guess that somehow lessons his beating somehow?   That's not to say he wasn't unconscious too. 
I mean you're the person who brought him up. Now a follow up question is a deflection because it requires an honest assessment to you that doesn't fit any of what you've been saying for 3 days (or the RUSSIAN TIMES for that matter)? Craziness. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice how he gets punched several times and then the evil liberals drag everyone off of him and hold everyone back because he is no longer a danger and they don’t pile on.  Such evil!
Wouldn't you agree all of this violence, both Antifa and right wingers is evil?

Wouldn't you agree all of this violence, both Antifa and right wingers is evil?
I don’t think I view “evil” the same way you do. I think calling violence “evil” in general terms is manipulative and melodramatic. So, no. 

Do you find all violence to be evil? 
I do unless it's in self defense or defense of a loved one who's in danger of bodily harm.  War notwithstanding, there is no justification for violence other than self defense or protecting a loved one from violence. 

I mean, “violence” probably means a lot more than you’re thinking it does, but even within your own definition, you’d agree that football is a violent game, right? Or boxing? Or MMA? Are they evil?

I mean, “violence” probably means a lot more than you’re thinking it does, but even within your own definition, you’d agree that football is a violent game, right? Or boxing? Or MMA? Are they evil?
You are twisting its meaning and you know it.  Another deflection here at footballguys political forum.  I don't think the Antifa violence is a sporting event. 

Let’s just say it’s wrong. It shouldn’t be happening.  We should all endeavor to make this stop. It doesn’t have to be the embodiment of some supernatural view of wickedness to think we’d all like it to be over now, and with good reason. 

I believe a civilized country has to stop such violence, even if Antifa and Proud Boys believe they are justified.
I think so, too. But I don’t think these people are “evil.”  I just don’t think they should be fighting in the streets. 

If some stranger pushed me and tried to tackle me, I would probably throw some punches too and I wouldn’t consider it evil.   I think all these protestors and anti- protestors are weirdos. I think the best thing would be to mostly ignore the Proud Boys and the like since they thrive on all this attention. 

You do have to be careful with some of the stuff going around. Looks like that Andy Ngo posted some misleading stuff. One was a man who he said was attacked and hit with a hammer. There’s a full video that shows the man was in a Proud Boys bus and was the one swinging the hammer. He got beat up by people defending themselves from him. There’s another video of a Proud Boy Spartan and his daughter being chased around claiming they are going after a kid. She’s a 23 year old, she’s just small.
Yes, it's probably a good idea to recap this entire incident and ask ourselves, why is the Antifa thread more popular than the white nationalist thread.  I mean, I know why, thanks to JohnnyU's propaganda and fake news.

The events began late Saturday morning. Flag-waving members of the Proud Boys, Three Percenters militia group and others gathered downtown, some also wearing body armor and helmets. Police said they had seized the weapons, including shields, from multiple groups as they assembled along the Willamette River, which runs through the city.  The American Guard was also bused in, a neo-nazi organization.  So all these groups descend on Portland with no permit and get complete police protection.  

There's an overwhelming protest response to this by antifa, peace-loving hippies and general citizens like myself which basically kept this from being a toxic and volatile situation.

But yes....let's spend all of this time talking about Antifa and not the white nationalists and white supremacists. 

If some stranger pushed me and tried to tackle me, I would probably throw some punches too and I wouldn’t consider it evil.   I think all these protestors and anti- protestors are weirdos. I think the best thing would be to mostly ignore the Proud Boys and Antifa and the like since they thrive on all this attention. 

If some stranger pushed me and tried to tackle me, I would probably throw some punches too and I wouldn’t consider it evil.   I think all these protestors and anti- protestors are weirdos. I think the best thing would be to mostly ignore the Proud Boys and the like since they thrive on all this attention. 
By the same token, ignoring these idiots is how we got here.  There’s a whole generation who thinks whether or not someone is a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic Nazi is just a difference of opinion and we should just try to accept their views. 

But I do think public beatdowns are generally the wrong way to go. 

There's an overwhelming protest response to this by antifa, peace-loving hippies and general citizens like myself which basically kept this from being a toxic and volatile situation.
That's what you think they are?  Unbelievable.  I say both sides are horrible people doing horrible things and our country needs to stop it.

Honest question because I don’t know, are there antifa protests that aren’t in response to right wing groups? Like is there a antifa rally that’s not about countering another group? 

By the same token, ignoring these idiots is how we got here.  There’s a whole generation who thinks whether or not someone is a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic Nazi is just a difference of opinion and we should just try to accept their views. 

But I do think public beatdowns are generally the wrong way to go. 
Fair point.

Honest question because I don’t know, are there antifa protests that aren’t in response to right wing groups? Like is there a antifa rally that’s not about countering another group? 
Yes, see Antifa violence toward conservative speakers events, or anyone that doesn't share their views.

Violence is evil!

Well, all violence except self defense is evil.

Oh, and if you are defending your loved ones. So, all violence except self defense and defending your loved ones is EVIL.

Oh, and also war. So, all violence except self defense, defending your loved ones, and war, is EVIL.

Oh, and also sports. So, to recap: self defense, defending loved ones, war, sporting events, and anything else I think of at a later date: not evil. Everything else: evil. Definitely. I think. And stop deflecting!

Most of them are out there to fight and that is the evil part.
Many of them are there with poor intentions for sure. That said, the guy that gets out of the bus swinging a hammer at people certainly must be judged differently than the people who beat him up defending themselves from the guy with hammer.

Violence is evil!

Oh, and if you are defending your loved ones. So, all violence except self defense and defending your loved ones is EVIL.

Oh, and also war. So, all violence except self defense, defending your loved ones, and war, is EVIL.

Oh, and also sports. So, to recap: self defense, defending loved ones, war, sporting events, and anything else I think of at a later date: not evil. Everything else: evil. Definitely. I think. And stop deflecting!
I'm done for the day with this garbage.  Surely I can find something to do with my family besides being on this board arguing the merits of hate groups.

There are people here defending Antifa? Who the heck feels the need to take sides between White Supremacists and Antifa? WTF is wrong with you people?
I will defend Antifa...

I won’t defend their actions if they are unlawful . I won’t defend them if they try to stifle anyone else’s freedom of speech.

But you’re damn right I will defend their right to exist and counterprotest.  I will do that for any group that is willing to stand up to the most unamerican groups in our society.

Yes, see Antifa violence toward conservative speakers, or anyone that doesn't share their views.
I believe he asked for an example of them not countering another group and you answered with a situation where a speaker is coming to speak to a crowd.  I’m confused about this response. 

Frankly, I’m starting to think it’s possible we’d be better off as a society if we’d get into group fistfights more often and blow off some steam. Maybe we’d shoot each other a little less. 

Violence is evil!

What about imaginary violence against conservative speakers?

Yes, see Antifa violence toward conservative speakers events, or anyone that doesn't share their views.
That’s no good- was trying to find some links to that but everything is coming up is about this past weekend. I’ll look more later. 

Users who are viewing this thread