What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise (1 Viewer)

This sounds very much like one of those things Trump just makes up. Can he even do this? I assume there is a process. Does Antifa have a structure - an organization?

"I DECLARE ... BANKRUPTCY!"
No I don't think so. Trump has a penchant for political EO's with almost no legal effect. It's been more frequent lately.

This is from a while ago but it's a good indicator of the hoops Congress would have to jump through to do this properly.

A Road Map for Congress to Address Domestic Terrorism

What do you mean a comp? Like a loosely organized ideology?
This is a fantasy football board. A comp is like a comp for Latavius Murray is Robert Newhouse or something similar.

A comp here would be a declared, classified by the IC or DOJ "terrorist" group largely known for vandalism, occasional involvement in street violence, shutting down campus speeches, and protest marches. - Is. There. Another. Declared. Terrorist. Group. Like that.

This is a fantasy football board. A comp is like a comp for Latavius Murray is Robert Newhouse or something similar.

A comp here would be a declared, classified by the IC or DOJ "terrorist" group largely known for vandalism, occasional involvement in street violence, shutting down campus speeches, and protest marches. - Is. There. Another. Declared. Terrorist. Group. Like that.
Wtf happened to you? You used to be a good poster who could actually engage in discussion.

Take a break.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1267158026399690752

Journalists who have never actually looked into what Antifa is When a group of people call themselves "X City Antifa" Or give themselves branded names they are organized Some have branded merch, are funded, have leaders and communication threads
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1267159325585203200

All the media fact check sites will start claiming that ANTIFA doesn't exist.
and people wonder why media isn't trusted?

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1267178231674757120

2015-2020 media narrative: ANTIFA is the good guys. They beat up Trump supporters who are all Nazis we love them. May 31, 2020: ANTIFA isn't real. Same day: I AM ANTIFA

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZXrj0oXYAA-XKE?format=png&name=900x900

trending on twitter "IAmAntifa"
That was never a media narrative. They were condemned on this forum after they attacked people in Berkeley and destroyed property at the time Milo Yanopoulis (sp?) was going to speak there.

And Proud Boys are trending on Twitter right now, does that make them part of the media narrative and the good guys?

https://twitter.com/search?q="Proud Boys"&src=tren

Last edited by a moderator:
The right wing machine is amazing however.  They have turned an incident about a cop literally choking a man to death in front of 4 other cops into antifa being the issue.  Trump so quick to declare his issues with antifa but has no solutions or thoughts on the actual problem.  

Here are the pictures I've seen so far confirming the presence of "Big Igloo Bois"/"Boogaloo Bois" at the riots in Minnesota:

Flag held outside the 3rd Precinct on Wednesday evening

Comment chain from Big Igloo Bois facebook group claiming they are there with a "group of 16"

Boogaloo flag on car that was spotted parking near Lake Street protests

A chunky white guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt driving around the protests last night (Hawaiian shirts are part of the "uniform" to identify themselves to each other, because everything is stupid now).
As I understand it, groups often try to avoid search filters by posting similar sounding words, and "Big Luau" was used at one point as a substitute for Boogaloo, which eventually led to the popularity of the Hawaiian shirts.

The right wing machine is amazing however.  They have turned an incident about a cop literally choking a man to death in front of 4 other cops into antifa being the issue.  Trump so quick to declare his issues with antifa but has no solutions or thoughts on the actual problem.  
This is so incorrect.  Like 100% incorrect.

Antifa turned an incident about a cop killing a person into being about Antifa.   I saw it firsthand in Charlottesville.  Everything is a peaceful protest until Antifa shows up.

Nobody has an issue with protesting what was a horrible incident where cops have too much power.  I'm a white male 50 years old and can't stand 99% of the cops I've come across.  Blacks may feel like they are out to get them.  Heck, the cops are out to get everyone they want to, regardless of race.

But if you haven't see it, here is the Antifa tweet yesterday.  "Tonight is the night, comrades.  Tonight we say #### the city and move into the residential areas...the white hoods...and we take what is ours #####America."

That's right people.  Wake up.  Antifa is funded by people that no matter who is president want to bring down the country from within.  You could put a black woman as president and Antifa is still going to do their thing.  They exist to cause mayhem.  

Antifa turned an incident about a cop killing a person into being about Antifa.   I saw it firsthand in Charlottesville.  Everything is a peaceful protest until Antifa shows up.

Nobody has an issue with protesting what was a horrible incident where cops have too much power.  I'm a white male 50 years old and can't stand 99% of the cops I've come across.  Blacks may feel like they are out to get them.  Heck, the cops are out to get everyone they want to, regardless of race.

But if you haven't see it, here is the Antifa tweet yesterday.  "Tonight is the night, comrades.  Tonight we say #### the city and move into the residential areas...the white hoods...and we take what is ours #####America."

That's right people.  Wake up.  Antifa is funded by people that no matter who is president want to bring down the country from within.  You could put a black woman as president and Antifa is still going to do their thing.  They exist to cause mayhem.  
But again, if the protests are not going on what is antifa doing?  Are they tearing apart downtown?  If George Floyd is alive and home with his daughter you are saying this is still happening?

But again, if the protests are not going on what is antifa doing?  Are they tearing apart downtown?  If George Floyd is alive and home with his daughter you are saying this is still happening?
I'd think they'd be waiting and at the ready for the next tragedy to take advantage of for their own agenda.

Ok...first off you act like that tweet was from some group or leader...there is no leader...there are people who claim that is who they are...there appears to be no actual structure of an organization.

That tweet, was by a brand new account, an account that was suspended not long after tweeting that...a tweet that likely saw more spread by right wing people and posters than it ever got by anyone associated or calling themselves antifa.

I agree that the people who join such a movement in the sense they answer the calls to chaos are just out to cause mayhem...I agree them and their tactics are awful.  But no...this whole it was Antifa that started everything like its the KKK is such a crazy narrative at this point.

Also...claims of who funds them is always interested...so who exactly funds this group...who is the leader?

And before it starts...no...none of my post is defending or supporting what those people are doing in causing destruction...

Ok...first off you act like that tweet was from some group or leader...there is no leader...there are people who claim that is who they are...there appears to be no actual structure of an organization.

That tweet, was by a brand new account, an account that was suspended not long after tweeting that...a tweet that likely saw more spread by right wing people and posters than it ever got by anyone associated or calling themselves antifa.

I agree that the people who join such a movement in the sense they answer the calls to chaos are just out to cause mayhem...I agree them and their tactics are awful.  But no...this whole it was Antifa that started everything like its the KKK is such a crazy narrative at this point.

Also...claims of who funds them is always interested...so who exactly funds this group...who is the leader?

And before it starts...no...none of my post is defending or supporting what those people are doing in causing destruction...
Who is funding it is actually about to come out.  Or likely to be released.  Can't say more.

I'd think they'd be waiting and at the ready for the next tragedy to take advantage of for their own agenda.
I agree with that but they are not aligned with this movement anymore than the boogaloo boys.  This protest isn't about antifa is what i'm getting at and it's unfortunate it's become such a large part of the conversation

I agree with that but they are not aligned with this movement anymore than the boogaloo boys.  This protest isn't about antifa is what i'm getting at and it's unfortunate it's become such a large part of the conversation
It’s become part of the conversation because Trump made it part of the conversation and his MO is always the same - 1. Conspiracy theory to distract and 2. Avoid responsibilities while blaming others.

I think it has become the conversation in a way because people are looking for who to blame...one side convinced its all antifa, others convinced its all white nationalist types.

Id guess the truth, like with most things, is somewhere in the middle.  A few of each as bad actors...but mainly groups of opportunists as well...with those bad actors mixed in, creating the distratction, the destruction and egging on the already angered and frustrated crowds.

Antifa having a name gets them pushed out there...especially when one with the largest pulpit is plastering that all over the place.

I think Antifa IS a major problem and has been.  

But you're 100% right.  Trump couldn't be missing the boat more if he was in the desert.

I think it has become the conversation in a way because people are looking for who to blame...one side convinced its all antifa, others convinced its all white nationalist types.

Id guess the truth, like with most things, is somewhere in the middle.  A few of each as bad actors...but mainly groups of opportunists as well...with those bad actors mixed in, creating the distratction, the destruction and egging on the already angered and frustrated crowds.

Antifa having a name gets them pushed out there...especially when one with the largest pulpit is plastering that all over the place.
Antifa has a history, and they need to be addressed.  Republican Twitter has been talking about how they're a domestic terror organization for years.  Charlie Kirk has done the "Retweet if you think Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization" numerous times before the Floyd murder.  

But you're right that everyone wants to blame someone from the other side and that it's probably somewhere in the middle.

But as others have pointed out--until Trump acknowledges the racism problem in the country, this is a really poor move on his part.  The focus is clearly on Antifa and not the bigger issues of racism in the country.  I think this is the worst he's handled anything.  Total systems failure.  

I think Antifa IS a major problem and has been.  

But you're 100% right.  Trump couldn't be missing the boat more if he was in the desert.
My previous point still stands.  How can antifa be a major problem if they wouldn't be doing anything if a cop hadn't killed someone in front of everyone?  They tend to just show up in response to things, they aren't instigators of things.  

I do think they could become a problem however as there are so many relevant right-wing organizations now with the boogaloo boys, the proud boys, and other neo-nazi groups

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qj48qv/3-young-white-guys-with-a-machete-beat-up-a-nonwhite-protester-in-minneapolis

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/5dzbv3/neo-nazi-accelerationists-calling-for-terror-attacks-during-social-unrest

I can certainly see something like antifa growing into a violent response to counter what they see is growing violence around them.

My previous point still stands.  How can antifa be a major problem if they wouldn't be doing anything if a cop hadn't killed someone in front of everyone?  They tend to just show up in response to things, they aren't instigators of things.  

I do think they could become a problem however as there are so many relevant right-wing organizations now with the boogaloo boys, the proud boys, and other neo-nazi groups

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qj48qv/3-young-white-guys-with-a-machete-beat-up-a-nonwhite-protester-in-minneapolis

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/5dzbv3/neo-nazi-accelerationists-calling-for-terror-attacks-during-social-unrest

I can certainly see something like antifa growing into a violent response to counter what they see is growing violence around them.
What happened to Floyd is horrible.  It was murder.  It should not be ok with anyone.

But it’s also not a license to do whatever someone wants in response.  

Many leaders from black communities have spoken out against the violence and destruction.

What happened to Floyd is horrible.  It was murder.  It should not be ok with anyone.

But it’s also not a license to do whatever someone wants in response.  

Many leaders from black communities have spoken out against the violence and destruction.
Nobody thinks it is a license to do whatever you want.  

Bad apples are anywhere.  This country can't even handle when a team loses the big game.  That often results in a riot without a huge police presence.  It is no surprise that in protests this large that the bad apples would show up and take advantage.  

Nobody thinks it is a license to do whatever you want.  

Bad apples are anywhere.  This country can't even handle when a team loses the big game.  That often results in a riot without a huge police presence.  It is no surprise that in protests this large that the bad apples would show up and take advantage.  
Sure.  Great points.

Very good post -- Antifascism, by its very definition, is a response to perceived extreme right wing aggression, violence, and support. They've existed for ~100 years in various forms of loose association across the western world and their numbers fluctuate wildly over time. There's a reason you'd* (speaking generally here, not you, explicitly) probably never heard of them until the last five years. I wish more people would consider why that is and what they should maybe do about it.

I saw the comment you hid @shader and I understand why, just know that I agree -- (expanding my own thought here, not meaning to imply it is yours) it's a big step to make from where we are right now and it feels like a big overreaction. I hope it is. But it sure does feel like we're at a tipping point here with the sheer size and scope of the crises facing our country. Suffice to say I have very little faith in Trump handling it in a way that saves or heals our nation.

I saw the comment you hid @shader and I understand why, just know that I agree -- (expanding my own thought here, not meaning to imply it is yours) it's a big step to make from where we are right now and it feels like a big overreaction. I hope it is. But it sure does feel like we're at a tipping point here with the sheer size and scope of the crises facing our country. Suffice to say I have very little faith in Trump handling it in a way that saves or heals our nation.
Yeah I didn't want to get into that any further.  But I think it's ok to say that actions that happen today could have much broader consequences in the future. 

...and now we know where the tweet REALLY came from:

“But Twitter says that the account, suspended May 31, was actually connected to a white nationalist group, Identity Evropa (also known as the American Identity Movement).”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/viral-tweet-alert-wasnt-from-antifa/
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

"Can't say more."

:lmao:  C'mon, man. Nobody believes you'll jeopardize your highly influential position by spilling your imaginary beans.
That was also after pushing that Antifa tweet that ended up being fake.  Notice the issue yesterday too...wasn't that people posted a fake tweet...people had a problem that it was being discussed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread