What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else enjoy seeing the real Jay Cutler? (1 Viewer)

I agree. Cutler has that rocket arm (perhaps the strongest in the league), but he's a bad decision maker. People just look at his yards from last season, but he was second in the league in INTs and his QB rating really wasn't that great.

With Cutler, Favre, and Stafford in the same division, the Packers D looks like a gold mine. Picks galore for them this season.

I agree. Cutler has that rocket arm (perhaps the strongest in the league), but he's a bad decision maker. People just look at his yards from last season, but he was second in the league in INTs and his QB rating really wasn't that great.With Cutler, Favre, and Stafford in the same division, the Packers D looks like a gold mine. Picks galore for them this season.
And he did that with a great o-line and two great receivers. The writing has been on the wall for some time now.

Cutler>>>>>>Orton

Broncos O outside of Cutler>>>>>>>>Bears O outside of Orton

Packer D looks great - Cutler making some iffy throws, but I agree with Collinsworth - Bear WR's are not completing their routes. On replays you can see that Cutler is throwing where he is anticipating the WR to continue running. Instead they are stopping. Making him look a lot worse for sure.

cutler wasnt even in top 10 in passer rating last year and he had marshall royal and great o line. and hes a ######## to top it off. i love this.

Well, the Bears WR's and TE's are also helping to hang Cutler on the clothes line too, not just the pressure from the GB D.

He's having a bad game. I'd trade for him right now. One bad game (only half over) does not make for a bad season.

Good to know that one game says it all for some people.

I guess using that logic, we can say that Julius Jones is one of the best RBs in the NFL?

So far I only see one of his picks that could be his fault. Tough to play well when he's throwing to spots where a receiver is supposed to be and they quit a route. That pass to Knox would of never been completed by Orton. Bears tried to do the receivers on the cheap after splurging on Cutler. This is the result. This is the worst starting receiving core in the NFL. Once the Bears get a few NFL caliber WRs, and they will come, we'll see what he can do. GB should be killing the Bears.

Is this the real Aaron Rodgers too? If it is the Pack are in trouble. The Bears secondary blows. He should be carving them up.

Packer D looks great - Cutler making some iffy throws, but I agree with Collinsworth - Bear WR's are not completing their routes. On replays you can see that Cutler is throwing where he is anticipating the WR to continue running. Instead they are stopping. Making him look a lot worse for sure.
Exactly. Somebody is getting a little carried away with themselves here.

He'll be fine but he needs to start looking Olsen's way and getting him involved. These receivers for the Bears run crappy routes and are raw. Cutlers is def. pressing and needs some check downs, I have not seen him do that yet

The Bears need to establish a running game and not worry about their shiny new toy. Get short passes to Olsen and Clark to move the chains. Going two tight ends and running the ball will negate GB being able to throw so many blitzes from the outside.

:excited: at all the Bear fans thinking they got their savior in Cutler. He is definately better than Orton, but what you are seeing tonight is what you get with Cutler. Talented, yet inconsistant. (LOL nice TD pass as I type this) Cutler will win you some games, but he'll leave you frustrated at times with questionable decision making. He is not an elite QB. He has the potential and may grow into one, but he needs to change his habits for that to occur. I have enjoyed watching him struggle tonight. I wish the Pack would sack him into the middle of next week, but now it's a 1 point game.

First half of first game on a new team on the road. Under extreme pressure with a poor group of wide receivers. He tried to force a couple balls, which he's prone to do, but here's a guess that the Cutler we see early in the year isn't as good as the Cutler we're going to see once he develops some chemistry with his receivers and his receivers improve.

He can make all the throws, and he can move around in the pocket. A majority of teams in the NFL would be lucky to have him, and he's a much better QB than Orton. I like the cockiness and I like the swagger, even if he makes some poor decisions from time to time because of it. Sometimes it feels like watching Roethlisberger, because the things that make him so frustrating to watch sometimes are the same things that make him a great quarterback.

People want to say that Marshall and Royal made him... that's fine, but I think he made them a lot better with the throws he made too.

:mellow: at all the Bear fans thinking they got their savior in Cutler. He is definately better than Orton, but what you are seeing tonight is what you get with Cutler. Talented, yet inconsistant. (LOL nice TD pass as I type this) Cutler will win you some games, but he'll leave you frustrated at times with questionable decision making. He is not an elite QB. He has the potential and may grow into one, but he needs to change his habits for that to occur. I have enjoyed watching him struggle tonight. I wish the Pack would sack him into the middle of next week, but now it's a 1 point game.
enjoy the QB clown car in Denver. I'm happy the Bears finally turned in the keys to that ride. Regarless of what happens this game or season, getting Cutler was the right move for the Bears.

was that the real cutler that threw that to Hester or a imposter?
That was the real Cutler subbing for the fake Cutler.
so which Aaron Rodgers is this? I'm confused
It's his evil twin. The guy with the beard is the good one....
got it, I'll have to watch closer. Didn't realize there were fake and real QB's in the league. Weird how they can fit um both on 1 spot of the 53. Hopefully, the real Palmer shows up next week cause the one this week didn't look so great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second half play-calling has been much better. Cutler tries to get too cute with his throws when asked to throw the ball too much. Play good defense, run the ball, and don't ask him to throw the ball 45 times a game, and the Bears should be okay.

anyone see the real Rodgers?
He switched jerseys with Cutler @ halftime.
the good one was in the 1st half? He didn't throw picks but did give up a safety.
Threads like this make me laugh out loud. Some poster hates player X, another hates player Y, and they go at it. What does it have to do with football? Nothing. Watch the game. Observe. Discuss.... all good stuff.... hating players... well, that is for the guppy pool.

anyone see the real Rodgers?
He switched jerseys with Cutler @ halftime.
the good one was in the 1st half? He didn't throw picks but did give up a safety.
Threads like this make me laugh out loud. Some poster hates player X, another hates player Y, and they go at it. What does it have to do with football? Nothing. Watch the game. Observe. Discuss.... all good stuff.... hating players... well, that is for the guppy pool.
agreed. I think both Rodgers and Cutler are terrific QBs.

rodgers is playing great. if not for terrible blocking by barbre and dropped balls, this game wouldnt be close

I'd be more concerned about the play of the packers offense than cutler. Packers have some serious problems on o-line and rodgers looks like crap.

Users who are viewing this thread