What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone got the B$LLS to roll out Harvin this week? (1 Viewer)

Benny227

Footballguy
So, anyone considering starting Harvin even tho his coach is saying he will have limited snaps this week? Great matchup and storyline against his old team...not to mention the fact that A. Brown came back last week and tore it up and I had the same dilemma...unfortunately I choose incorrectly and sat him!!!

Thoughts???

Thanks!

He's in my lineup at my Flex right now. I will monitor things as it gets closer to game time. Starting him over Wallace, TJ Graham, Wheaton, Whalen, and maybe Rishard Matthews.

The other wildcard is Vereen returning. But, the Patriots are playing Jedi mind tricks, so he's really iffy.

The only thing Andre Brown and Harvin have in common is that they both missed the first 9 weeks of the season. Starting one because of the other one is the kind of decision that results in you never winning a championship.

Honestly, what makes this a great matchup for Harvin? A really good team easing in their best player going against a really bad team? You think they're going to ride him like crazy after they go up by 2 TDs in the first half?

Harvin plays to get him used to some game action before the bye. That's it. After the bye they will unload him.

That being said, I might have to roll with him in my 14 man league if Douglas doesn't play or is banged up.

I think you'd have to be pretty desperate. He's coming back from a pretty good injury and has limited practice. He could get lucky and break one but I think he'll have a handful of targets and reduced snap count. I'd rather take a shot at a guy like Boykin over him this weekend.

So, anyone considering starting Harvin even tho his coach is saying he will have limited snaps this week? Great matchup and storyline against his old team...not to mention the fact that A. Brown came back last week and tore it up and I had the same dilemma...unfortunately I choose incorrectly and sat him!!!

Thoughts???

Thanks!
I'm starting him but I have a easy matchup this week.

If he plays he's in my lineup. I expect him to destroy my Vikings defense. In at WR4. Either him or Ben Tate in as a RB2.

back to the thread title - I suppose if Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods were you're only other options....

Between Harvin/Roddy/Vereen for my Flex spot this week. Right now I have Harvin in there. I feel like he could have a big game if he plays, even though he will probably be on a snap count.

Rove! said:
back to the thread title - I suppose if Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods were you're only other options....
considering probably only 1 of the three will play this week?

serious cajones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thoughts???

Thanks!
good thread and good question. I can see it now, his first game back and no one plays him, nestled on all of our benches... Guy goes off for 10-134 and 2 tds........ That is the NFL in a nutshell... If you are desperate and want to make the what the hell sweepstakes you may want to roll the dice. in the league I have him in my wrs aren't great but they aren't bums by any means... I already had Kwright slotted and he went yesterday. In order to play Harvin I would have to bench Douglass or Riley cooper. Both guys get a lot of targets and could go off on anyweek and Douglass has been great in My Julios absence. It's tough but I think I will let him ride the bench this week and roll him out week 12.

Flexing him over Lamar Miller and Ogbonnaya. So nothing too bold there. I don't think this will be an Andre Brown situation, because unlike the Giants, the Seahawks have a)decent alternatives at WR b) serious playoff aspirations. I see a Marvin Jones type situation where he plays limited snaps, but they are meaningful, and they will try and get him in the end zone one way or another. I don't know what percent of coaches buy in to the "let them have a big game against their former team" mentality, but if any, I feel like Carroll might.

Everyone is going to have a unique situation to deal with. Depending on how you look at it, Harvin playing in the late game could help or hurt some teams. I have the luxury of seeing how the early games play out, I have another WR playing late or Vereen playing on MNF if I get cold feet.

Thoughts???

Thanks!
good thread and good question. I can see it now, his first game back and no one plays him, nestled on all of our benches... Guy goes off for 10-134 and 2 tds........ That is the NFL in a nutshell... If you are desperate and want to make the what the hell sweepstakes you may want to roll the dice. in the league I have him in my wrs aren't great but they aren't bums by any means... I already had Kwright slotted and he went yesterday. In order to play Harvin I would have to bench Douglass or Riley cooper. Both guys get a lot of targets and could go off on anyweek and Douglass has been great in My Julios absence. It's tough but I think I will let him ride the bench this week and roll him out week 12.
Hate to be that guy, but this is a terrible strategy. :thanks:

B$lls? I got plenty of bills. I owe on plenty of B$lls. What's that got to do with Harvin?
Have you run with the Bulls? Have you put up your Christmas Bells?

Starting Harvin in one, but that has a lot less to do with balls and more to do with Miles Austin being not-good.

Benched in the other for Shorts, though I might man-up and throw Percy out there.

Deciding between him Amendola Allen or Shorts at WR2.

Thinking I will wait to see how I am doing after the 1pm games.

If I have a good lead I might start him as I am going against a huge Seahawks fan who keeps joking he wants Harvin from me but then never accepts or coumters trade offers. So If I beat him with him in my lineup it will add some fun to the victory

Decision came down to the wire, but I rolled with him over K. Wright last night in PPR. Basically couldn't resist rolling out my new toy since I bought just after the injury.

Thoughts???

Thanks!
Hate to be that guy, but this is a terrible strategy. :thanks:
Especially since he is on bye week 12.

Rolling with him over Wallace, Michael Floyd, and Boykin. I don't care about the limited snap count, this guy can take anything to the house.

starting with confidence, unless i hear he's not going to play after all, of course. Decided to wait a week on Andre Brown and that bit me in the backside, i'm not making this mistake again. Especially a guy like Harvin, even with only a handful of touches he'll be able to outscore my WRs (they're garbage.)

Starting him in a flex spot over DeAngelo Williams at the moment. I might wuss out and change that at the last minute, however.

I'm a huge Viking fan and I've seen Percy. Percy is an angry little man who left the Vikings with serious acrimony. He is an unparalleled talent. And the Viking pass defense is garbage. I'm worried about the amount of playing time/touches Harvin will garner. 2 rec/rushes for 15 yards is every bit (maybe more) likely as 9-165-2. But IMO if he has more than 5 touches, he will tear it up.

In a very deep league, he's actually my best option as my 3rd W/T. Would've used Emmanuel Sanders otherwise, but I just traded him. The other options on my bench or the waiver wire are just as big Hail Mary's as Harvin.

Forgot to mention that I'm starting him over Denarius Moore in another league. Randle and Dobson are sitting on the waiver wire though so I might look at using one of them.

In as my flex over Stills, James Jones, and Vereen. If I had more confidence in Vereen's usage, it would easily be Vereen over him.

Holy balls.

I'm at 5-5 against one of the hottest teams in the league. I am rolling with him because my other options are Nicks or Gates for my flex spot. Neither has done enough lately to merit starting them. Rather take the gamble and hope for 10 pts, non PPR.

All this talk about weather conditions in Pitt, Chi, etc, has me rethinking my starting lineup. Harvin may not be the best, but oddly he may be the safest.

Users who are viewing this thread