What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Atlanta at Miami*** +2 O/U 47.5 Pillow n a Blanket (2 Viewers)

I mean Matt Ryan has 200+ games under his belt,  Tua has..13? Ryan should look better or have better trust in deeper throws. I do think his arm isn't the greatest but you don't need a cannon to be good (extreme case, Brees) It certainly helps. 

Now that being said...if they or Tua can't throw it more downfield ...he's too limited to be a difference making QB. 
EXACTLY!!!

excuses excuses excuses...he needs an All Pro OL, doesn't have anyone to throw t, 2nd or 3rd OC combo already, poor coaching, poor owner, poor fans, it's always something as to why he doesn't look better. 

Tua does not strike fear into opponents, that's obvious if you watch him every week. 

Did you watch this game or just a few cut ins on RedZone, I watched every snap there is no way you can classify Tua as good. Tossing into the flats, no throw over 10 yds most of the day, play calling? I don't know but he looks like he is shot putting the ball any time he tries to attempt a pass down the field.

2 Interceptions a week is a 34 Interception average for the season, now granted that's one game but he had a horrific interception the week before. 

I don't how you could look at it objectively and think you want this guy leading your franchise. This is a pure NFL analysis, fantasy is going to cloud the waters here. You read 4 TDs and see 30-28 and think he was lights out, Tua was ANYTHING BUT THAT today. 

"Looked good otherwise" is really vague, be specific friend. What was it that he did that looked good when he was throwing check downs and screens all day long? Of course he completes those passes, you and I would do similar if called upon. 

Did you watch Matt Ryan throw the ball? Big difference I think
I think Tua can grow but he needs better weapons. Ryan has Pitts and Ridley who could both be pro-bowlers this year. Pitts for sure. Davis and Patterson are better than our RBs by far. Waddle is Ted Gin - your words. Gesicki is our only real receiving weapon. Isaiah Ford is a NE reject. Hollins a Philly reject.

In comparison to the 2 recent drafts, Tua's far behind Burrow, Herbert and even Lawrence IMO. They all have much better weapons except maybe Lawrence. Tua is doing as well or better than the others, I think Mac Jones with a great OC is a special case. 

Tua's upside is limited by his reluctance to throw deep, or the coaching staff's lack of confidence. Putting Tua in last year after Fitzpatrick was doing great and giving up draft capital to get Waddle and Eichenberg tells me someone on the team was all in on Tua. But they miscalculated in the trade-up to get Ted Ginn.

EXACTLY!!!

excuses excuses excuses...he needs an All Pro OL, doesn't have anyone to throw t, 2nd or 3rd OC combo already, poor coaching, poor owner, poor fans, it's always something as to why he doesn't look better. 

Tua does not strike fear into opponents, that's obvious if you watch him every week. 
I don't pretend to be a Dolphins fan so I trust your observations. In my limited watching of them, it seems like he's running the offense how it's designed. Would it be different with Fuller and/or Parker available?  It's hard to truly judge his abilities/limitations. Can't tell if he's not taking the shots or they just aren't designed. The OC doesn't seem that impressive either. I read they have 2. What's that about? They take turns? Weird. 

Would Tua look different with Chase, Higgins and Boyd? Keenan Allen and Mike Williams? Kind of a chicken/egg argument on who makes who. To me it works together and Tua has the weakest tools to work with....and that includes his arm. But he seems accurate (for the most part),decently mobile. Does seem like he's getting the shortest leash though 

Users who are viewing this thread