What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best PJ Song All-Time (2 Viewers)

Indifference probably the most underrated 

Also I love singing along to Yellow Ledbetter 

They're pretty overrated as far as bands go though.   Everything after Vitology sucks
poor posting.......while it wasn't the masterpieces of their first three albums...there are gems throughout the catalog.

"Down by the Water"...

wrong thread?

...if not; "Henry Lee", albeit collaborating  with Nick Cave :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends entirely on mood

Release

I am mine

Given to Fly

Black

It's ok/daughter

Homer J Simpson said:
Better Man is pretty much perfect.
I'm not always big on this song but the one they played at the first wrigley show last year was phenomenal 

Dan Lambskin said:
Indifference probably the most underrated 

Also I love singing along to Yellow Ledbetter 

They're pretty overrated as far as bands go though.   Everything after Vitology sucks
Songs after Vitalogy that I love: Sometimes, Hail Hail, In My Tree, Off He Goes, Brain of J, Faithfull, No Way, Given to Fly, Wish List, Pilate, Do the Evolution, MFC, Low Light, In Hiding, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterday (this is the entirety of Yield, my favorite PJ album), Light Years, Nothing as it Seems, Insignificance, Can't Keep, Save You, Love Boat Captain, Ghost, I am Mine, Got Some, The Fixer, Just Breathe, Supersonic, Mind Your Manners, Sirens, Lightning Bolt.

So yeah, only 31 good songs since Vitalogy. Maybe you meant that everything after "Vitology" sucks. I can't disagree with that.

Songs after Vitalogy that I love: Sometimes, Hail Hail, In My Tree, Off He Goes, Brain of J, Faithfull, No Way, Given to Fly, Wish List, Pilate, Do the Evolution, MFC, Low Light, In Hiding, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterday (this is the entirety of Yield, my favorite PJ album), Light Years, Nothing as it Seems, Insignificance, Can't Keep, Save You, Love Boat Captain, Ghost, I am Mine, Got Some, The Fixer, Just Breathe, Supersonic, Mind Your Manners, Sirens, Lightning Bolt.

So yeah, only 31 good songs since Vitalogy. Maybe you meant that everything after "Vitology" sucks. I can't disagree with that.
Mrs. Vedder?

Release, Indifference, Black.
This pretty much covers my thoughts regarding Pearl Jam.  Might I add boring, plain & redundant; they tend to make whitey feel important about social justice. Eddie is a fraud; just my  :2cents: *

*dont feel like unpacking this, just my jaded opinion...go find a  "Better Man"...

I think the fact that there are 20-30 songs in the discussion says something...hell, they played 67 songs over more than 6 hours in 2 nights at Fenway this past year and only repeated 2 songs. That's nuts. 

The gems per album rate dipped a bit over the last couple albums, but there is still some great stuff. Plus, the fact their older stuff takes on new life nearly every night they play is the reason this band has consistently sold out every show, quickly, for 25 years and counting. 

I got id

No one mentioned Even Flow here.  Pretty sure that was the song that made me buy 10 back in the day.

Not sure about best just surprised not one person mentioned it.

I would probably say Black but they have a lot of good songs.

Brain of J

Faithfull 

Alive

I Got Id

Leash

In some order. Ask me again a year from now and I'll probably have a different 5. Breakerfall would probably be in there. Or Inside Job. Or Footsteps. 

From my childhood with Ten hitting just after I had become a teenager, my favorite PJ has progressed something like -- Alive, Porch, Black, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Black, Faithfull. It's probably still there, though I love Mind Your Manners and Sirens off the most recent album. For best I'd say Black. That song is universal, and I still tingle every time it gets to "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life ..."

Black is stellar but Better Man is just a superlative rock song with a sad, universally relatable message.  "She dreams in color, she dreams in red" is one of my favorite lyrics of the last 25 years.  

This pretty much covers my thoughts regarding Pearl Jam.  Might I add boring, plain & redundant; they tend to make whitey feel important about social justice. Eddie is a fraud; just my  :2cents: *

*dont feel like unpacking this, just my jaded opinion...go find a  "Better Man"...
Oof

Probably anything off of No Code could be my favorite from day to day.  I've been listening to Lost Dogs quite a bit lately...so i'll go with Hard to Imagine.  Fatal and Footsteps are really good ones too.

:thanks:

No, it's totally OK to not like them.
:hifive:

The one thing I will give them credit for is being the one band from the grunge movement that actually had staying power. Just about every other band from that waste of a subgenre had the shell life of a carton of milk, but Pearl Jam has stuck it out and are still going strong. I will definitely give them props for that. 

I'm bending the rules and going with a trio since they're back-to-back-to-back.

WMA-Blood-Rearviewmirror.

Whenever one comes on random I click on the album and start from the beginning. 

:hifive:

The one thing I will give them credit for is being the one band from the grunge movement that actually had staying power. Just about every other band from that waste of a subgenre had the shell life of a carton of milk, but Pearl Jam has stuck it out and are still going strong. I will definitely give them props for that. 
Alice in Chains is still around after losing Staley and being dormant for a bit.  AIC didn't have the success of Pearl Jam but I prefer AIC over PJ and can never get enough of Cantrell's guitar work.   

5 studio albums in 28 years.  Impressive. :P ;)  
That does suck.  I would have preferred a lot more AIC and wish they could have stayed in the Dirt groove for a couple of albums.  

Sorry to high jack the Pearl Jam thread.  Please carry on with the main topic.  

Users who are viewing this thread