What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biggest - Most Important FF Questions (1 Viewer)

What Is the Biggest / Most Important / Most Interesting Question for 2006?

• Can the Steelers repeat?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Carson Palmer be back?

• Will Daunte Culpepper be back?

• Will Reggie Bush live up to the hype?

• How will Terrell Owens do in Dallas?

• Can Steve Smith repeat?

• What about The Kansas City RB situation?

• How will Edgerrin James fare in Arizona?

• How will the rookie QBs fare?

• Can Mike Martz wake up the Lions offense?

• What will the Minnesota RB situation be?

• Will Donovan McNabb return to form?

• What will the Miami RB situation be?

• How will Phillip Rivers fare?

• What about the Colts without Edgerrin James?

• Can Kubiak get the Texans going?

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Guys,

Every year brings lots of questions. I asked this yesterday to gather the info you guys were looking at. Now looking to see what you guys feel is the biggest / most important / most interesting question for the 2006 season.

Let's hear it.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Colts' situation without James carries the most weight FF-wise.

If they can't establish a running game, Ds will drop eight guys and Manning, Wayne, and Harrisons #s will diminish. One of the top 2 or 3 FF offenses the last few years would then be rendered "normal," and each of the QB, RB, WR, and WRs would most likely have been overvalued.

BUT, if the running game is sufficient, the RB has value and Manning, Wayne, and Harrison remain upper-echelon players at their respective positions.

No other question carries that kind of weight, IMO.

I voted Palmer because of the questions of whether he'll be able to put up significant numbers for himself, but his absense greatly affects the value of those around him; Chad Johnson, Housh and Rudi. Whether or not he comes back quick and strong will affect the FF season greatly. Just my .02$

Phillip Rivers is going to hold the keys to arguably the #1 back in the League and the #1 tight end. If he lights it up look out, if he sucks, there are going to be a lot of sad pandas.

IF....and that is a BIG IF....Mike Martz can turn that Lions team around, we are looking at 3 potential very productive FF players.

I would already think that Kevin Jones and Roy Williams will live up to LAST YEARS draft position, but will have a significantly lower ADP this year.

I'm not concerned at all about Palmer or Pepper.....Pepper went to early the last few years and unless I can get Palmer in the 8th round again, Im not interested.

E

I'd have prefered an all of the above option.

BUT guessing in advance, the subject with the highest number of threads started on this site will be 'Who will be the primary RB in Denver'. That one never fails...

Last edited by a moderator:
So many good choices, so hard just to pick just one but I chose Owens because of the effets he could have on his coach and teamates that could be both positive at times and negative at times as it has been everywhere else so far he has played.

Favre is another big question mark, one that means a lot to me. I have loved watching the dude play over the years and want to see him go out in style. Not at home sitting on his couch Sundays like me. lol

Denver RB situation is always a biggie and it's being overlooked.
I would agree with this. We know there's fantasy gold in Denver, but knowing which pot it's in is an annual chase.
C'mon Pigskin! We all know that Shanny loves spreading that gold around in a few different pots and leave us to figure out which one contains the most.... every week. :D

While there are many good questions, to me Bush living up to the hype is the #1 question. Clearly this could have the biggest impact on the fantsy leagues because of the potential.

With Bush going in many drafts in the first round, there might be some nice value unexpected for the 7-12 drafters.

I went with T.O. and the Cowboys because Owens is such a game changing talent. His arrival has the potential to strongly affect the fortunes of Julius Jones and Jason Witten, other high draft picks at their respective positions.

Bush won't live up to the unbeleivable hype on here! Guareenteed!

You think Houston will bench D.D. and give the kid a full workload? Won't happen!

Not even a worthy question to me. Kid already being compared to Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders. HAHA Give him a break!

I would hate to see Riki go to Denver only because I don;t own him. That would be fantasy gold to Riki owners in dynasty leagues. It wasn;t that long ago.... Riki lead the league in rishing and lead me to fantasy gold that year too. ( the 9/11 year) Could happen again if he lands in Denver.

I voted Can Mike Martz wake up the Lions offense?. This affects Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, Marcus Pollard and the QB that will start. Wether the Lions offence wake up or not will have a big impact on FFé

The Bush question seems to me to be the one which will have the largest FF impact.

Since stud RB's rule fantasy football it would be prudent to detail the possible fantasy impact of the highest rated college running back ever.

I went with T.O. and the Cowboys because Owens is such a game changing talent. His arrival has the potential to strongly affect the fortunes of Julius Jones and Jason Witten, other high draft picks at their respective positions.
To me though this (TO's success) isn't even a question though. He is arguably the most talented WR in the NFL and its pretty likely he will be a model citizen during his first year in Dallas. Anything short of 1,300 plus yards and 12-15 TDs would be surprising, imo.

The Bush question seems to me to be the one which will have the largest FF impact.

Since stud RB's rule fantasy football it would be prudent to detail the possible fantasy impact of the highest rated college running back ever.
Maybe, but just for the season, TO will have the bigger impact. Or should, which makes him the bigger question.

Question should be added:

Will Joe Gibbs and the Redskins win 12 or 13 regular season games en route to the Lombardi Trophy? :P

Users who are viewing this thread