What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Now need for Cooks to not outscore Hightower by more than 6 in a PPR. That would put me in the finals against my wife and guarantee us $200.
So..you got Cooks and your meemaw has Hightower tonight??
My wife is already in the championship. If I win, I'll be playing her in the championship. I have Hightower and my opponent has Cooks. I have a 6 pt lead on my opponent. If all of this happens, I want my wife to beat me next week since all I care about is the money anyways. #### pride.

First time I've ever tripled someone in score (306.5-101.5) & broke the 10 year league weekly scoring record by over 50 points. :lmao: We have a 2 week final (weeks 15-16) but off to a pretty good start :)

Newton 47.0

D.Johnson 44.9

D.Freeman 23.1

A.Brown 46.9

J.Jones 26.8

D.Baldwin 20.5

Woodhead 36.0

J.Reed 27.4

Cards 20.9

Hauschka 13.0
You would've won something huge on fanduel with that.
doubt that this team would have fit under the fanduel salary cap. Woodhead is the only really cheap play on that team.

In my auction keeper league I was up 43 points and had Cantazaro left. Looked like I was in pretty good shape.

Then I got David Johnson-ed with his 46 points (nice tackling PHI). Up 5 and opponent has Stafford left. Need a 200 yard - 0 TD - 3 INT type game to win.....or Stafford to get hurt early in the game.

Tough to score184 points and lose.

The best squad I've ever put together won me a championship this week, even withstanding David Johnson's ridiculous game and having Woodhead on my bench. Started 2-3, made lots of deals and pick-ups, finished 8-4 and barely missed a bye. Drafted and traded to get the following starters who steamrolled our playoffs:

Cam

AP

Gurley

A Brown

Marshall

AJ Green

D Walker

Chiefs

Catanzaro

Won some cash, avoided the major injuries, couldn't be happier with the season. Sometimes it just goes well.

Players I've lost this season:

Hurt:
Andrew Luck
Kennan Allen
Andre Ellington
Andy Dalton
Tony Romo
Thomas Rawls

Suspended:
Odell Beckham Jr.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was up 45 with M.Floyd left to play and going against Johnson and Catanzaro. I watched the 4th quarter through the cracks of my fingers, won by 2pts :D

Lost ODB for the title game though :wall:

Survived wk14 after losing Dalton, Eifert, and Rawls...

Didn't survive Wk15 after also having injuries to Mariota, AD, and AJG

Sucks. Top scorer w/ best record in my 16tm lg :(

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a guy in my league that pulls one head scratching move after another year after year. We all laugh at him and call him the rain man of fantasy football because all he does is win. He has the best record in our league history and is about to make another championship game.

Here is some of the zany stuff he does. This year his first five picks were rbs (lynch, Ingram in the second, foster in the third, Martin, and ivory). He pretty much hit in every one. His only wrs were... Arob, hurns and Lockett (yes he drafted him). He refused to trade a rb all year until finally week 10 he traded away Ingram to me oof. He drafted Gilmore at te. He waited until the 13th round to take his starting qb (flacco) and then scooped up Taylor after week 1. He never handcuffed lynch. He only made one bid on a free agent all year. He spent his entire budget on Alfred blue.

Me and my brother think he has the back to the future almanac.

#### you fantasy gods, just go rot in your fantasy worlds you fantasy pieces of ####!!

Lost by 2 thanks to that 1-yd TD by Brees. Thanks for vulturing two scores away from Hightower, Payton you #####.

3 losses this year, 2 via overturned Saints TDs.

OMG, I may have won on that screen pass!! Tie game and I assume the tie breaker is starter with the most points....

I had a 70-point lead heading into Sunday night with Calvin, Watson and Prater left vs his Palmer, David Johnson, Michael Floyd and Cooks. Was down by 2.5 entering Monday but had 3 players vs his 1. Lost by 8. Thanks Calvin. If he just didn't play, my backup plan of Colston would have won me game by 1. And thanks to the 6 owners who somehow let David Johnson slip to the bottom playoff team the week Chris Johnson and Ellington got injured.

I was down 2 and 1.5 pts in 2 leagues that doesn't do fractional scoring.

Prayed Prater missed to give the most time possible, he does.

9 seconds left and looks like they're going hook and lateral, drop. GREAT.

4 seconds left, no chance. I have brees/hightower and cooks/hightower.

Probably gonna be another hook and lateral or random shot.

I've given up hope...

BUT WAIT, A SCREEN TO TIM HIGHTOWRR? WILL HE LATERAL? HE DOESN'T? OH MY GOD HE DOESN'T. SO PERFECT. I'M HYPED.

Ended up winning by 2 in both. Amazing. Down to the last second.

I hate this game.

Made 5 semifinals out of 6 leagues. Was looking good in all 5 until about 6PM of the Sunday games. Still had a shot to win 4 of them Monday night, with 3 likely and one outside shot. Barely held on in the one I was almost sure of winning when Watson scored the late TD (won by 2.5). Another I won easy. But other two I lost by 2 and 3 points respectively. One that I should have won I came into night needing 13 combined in a PPR from Riddick and Prater. For some reason Lions seem to refuse to use Riddick Monday night. I still win if Prater doesn't miss his first kick of the year. Other was a long shot as I faced both Cam and David Johnson, but I got within 2 and actually would have won if Cooks didn't have the TD called back on the challenge. I had Stafford and Cooks going. And one that I did win in I'm the lucky Beckham owner.

Lamar Miller cost me in one league last week... now it is Calvin's turn. I survived his 1 catch performance last week, but lost by around 6 this week... which costs me between $325 and $700 by not making it to the championship game. I am now only 2 points ahead in the overall points race, which also pays $325/$700... so Calvin's back to back horrible games may also cost me another $375.

My backup scored 28. :angry:

Made 5 semifinals out of 6 leagues. Was looking good in all 5 until about 6PM of the Sunday games. Still had a shot to win 4 of them Monday night, with 3 likely and one outside shot. Barely held on in the one I was almost sure of winning when Watson scored the late TD (won by 2.5). Another I won easy. But other two I lost by 2 and 3 points respectively. One that I should have won I came into night needing 13 combined in a PPR from Riddick and Prater. For some reason Lions seem to refuse to use Riddick Monday night. I still win if Prater doesn't miss his first kick of the year. Other was a long shot as I faced both Cam and David Johnson, but I got within 2 and actually would have won if Cooks didn't have the TD called back on the challenge. I had Stafford and Cooks going. And one that I did win in I'm the lucky Beckham owner.
I feel for you.

I lost out at a shot at $1,200 by 1.84 last week. (less than the cost of a fumble in our leagues, which Demaryius was kind enough to give me last week) :wall:

This week I was splitting a league with a friend all season, overall best record, far and away the highest points, only to lose out tonight by 2.14.

Started out tonight having Megatron, Ben Watson and 17.44 points and all I had to do was outscore Brees with that.

Megatron was non existant and Watson had a couple of drops.

What can you do.

Die by the sword, and live by the sword though. :excited:

In my long time friends league, David Johnson helped carry me to a championship match for the second straight year next week, and a shot at $550, guaranteed second $300.

Overall a successful year, playoffs in 4/4 leagues, and a shot at a championship.

TZM

The fantasy overlords/gods can go #### themselves. Average team scores 125-130 a week in my league, lost bc of David Johnson 202-201... Hopefully Buck Allen is out of the league and poor in a year or two.

AJ Green can also go choke on a big fat bag of #####, which I suspect he'd enjoy, that #####.

The fantasy overlords/gods can go #### themselves. Average team scores 125-130 a week in my league, lost bc of David Johnson 202-201... Hopefully Buck Allen is out of the league and poor in a year or two.

AJ Green can also go choke on a big fat bag of #####, which I suspect he'd enjoy, that #####.
I ran into one of those teams also. Cam and David Johnson were just a couple of the guys he had.

I ran into one of those teams also. Cam and David Johnson were just a couple of the guys he had.
I started Cousins, Cooper, A Brown and somehow still lost. Pretty ####ty.

Lacy in over Hill cost me this week, Brees and Cooks almost bailed me out... oh well, Lacy got my one last time...

Lamar Miller cost me in one league last week... now it is Calvin's turn. I survived his 1 catch performance last week, but lost by around 6 this week... which costs me between $325 and $700 by not making it to the championship game. I am now only 2 points ahead in the overall points race, which also pays $325/$700... so Calvin's back to back horrible games may also cost me another $375.

My backup scored 28. :angry:
Calvin didn't cost you. YOU cost you, by refusing to bench Calvin Johnson and playing the backup.

I learned a while back that loyalty to name players goes out the window in the FF playoffs. Sometimes you just know the guys is fading or is hurt or the matchup is just not the one you want.

I played Calvin last night myself started the game up 4 finished 141.28-141.14. I wasn't expecting much but didn't think it would be this close. I'm just happy he got the one catch. Guess I may be rooting for a repeat from Diggs this week.

3 leagues, 3 final appearances. good times.

bad times = I have OBJ in 2 of them. waiver wire, here I come.

I was down 2 and 1.5 pts in 2 leagues that doesn't do fractional scoring.
The math geek in me wants to know how you get to be down by 1.5 without fractional scoring.
I should have said it's not the fractional in the sense that it counts every yard. It only counts over. So if your rb has 96 yards he has 9.5 points. 9.8 is still 9.5. Sometimes those points over 1.0 or .5 make a big difference. Sorry, lol

Just texted the other championship owner

We are splitting the 1st and 2nd place prizes, with the winner getting a slight bump.

We are splitting the 1st and 2nd place prizes, with the winner getting a slight bump.
Hope you either trust him from experience or have a means of enforcing this.

If he's unscrupulous, what stops him from agreeing to this, collecting from you if you win, then reneging if he wins?

Hope you either trust him from experience or have a means of enforcing this.If he's unscrupulous, what stops him from agreeing to this, collecting from you if you win, then reneging if he wins?
Really?

23 year league

2 original 10 owners that just happen to be commish and co-commish

2 winningest teams in league history......this isn't about the money(although there is about a $600 difference between 1st and 2nd)

Our first meeting in the finals

Hope you either trust him from experience or have a means of enforcing this.If he's unscrupulous, what stops him from agreeing to this, collecting from you if you win, then reneging if he wins?
Really?

23 year league

2 winningest teams in league history......this isn't about the money(although there is about a $600 difference between 1st and 2nd)

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!

SMDH. In one league, I have scratched & clawed through a boatload of injuries, making the finals last night thanks to Brees + Cooks. Of course, Brees effed-up his right ankle & was hobbled all game; possibly gonna miss week 16. I am out of FAAB (because I had to spend the last $$ I had to get Shoelace after losing Blount + JStew), and in in this league there is no free waivers; once out of FAAB, no more moves. My backup QBs? Luck (kept him rostered only because I had so little FAAB anyway) & Haselbeck (who also looks unlikely to play week 16).

It's likely I'll be going into week 16 w/out a QB, literally + Cooks w/out Brees throwing to him + no Shoelace, who also has a foot injury. ####

Really?

23 year league

Nice. I'm jealous. Been a long time since we "long running league" went under, and I've been stuck mostly playing with strangers or in freebies.

Wrigley said:

I've done that in the past too. Usually add up the 1st and 2nd place prize total and then go like 60/40 split to winner/loser.

cubbie5150 said:
SMDH. In one league, I have scratched & clawed through a boatload of injuries, making the finals last night thanks to Brees + Cooks. Of course, Brees effed-up his right ankle & was hobbled all game; possibly gonna miss week 16. I am out of FAAB (because I had to spend the last $$ I had to get Shoelace after losing Blount + JStew), and in in this league there is no free waivers; once out of FAAB, no more moves. My backup QBs? Luck (kept him rostered only because I had so little FAAB anyway) & Haselbeck (who also looks unlikely to play week 16).

It's likely I'll be going into week 16 w/out a QB, literally + Cooks w/out Brees throwing to him + no Shoelace, who also has a foot injury. ####
blame your dumb rules not bad luck

Definitely "grieving". Was in the semi-finals in all 4 of the leagues I'm in and made it to the Super Bowl in only 1 of them.

Absolutely destroyed with some of the matchups (ie, the other guy has Tate <Det> and Cooks <NO> going Monday night).

Users who are viewing this thread