What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Broncos @ Bengals - Championship Monday - Whatchoo need? (1 Viewer)

Barring anything crazy, I think I'm looking pretty good to go 3 for 3 in my championship games

League 1: up 85 with Sanders against his DT and Hill

League 2: up 5 with Peyton and Green against his Sanders

League 3: up 41 with no one against his DT

I need 28 points from DT and Manning combined; opponent is done.

Manning has averaged 24 pts per game on the year in this league, nearly 29 points per game if you exclude the last 3 weeks where he's been awful (14, 4.5, 13) by this league's standards.

DT has averaged 18 pts per game on the year in this league...

An extra $300 on the line tonight...

I need Aqib Talib to channel his inner Deion Sanders and pretty much shut down A.J. Green.

:sadbanana:
More like "Deion Revis needs to be on that field tonight and shut down the entire Broncos passing game.

...or, John Fox maybe catches the Andy Reid/Chip Kelly bug, decides to get cute and outthink things, and we end up seeing all the top stud players for the Broncs just crap the bed.

PPR I need Demaryius and Conner Barth to score a combined 21 points.

In another PPR league, I need Broncos D/ST & AJ Green and Demaryius to score a combined 44 points.

Non-PPR, 5 bonus pts for 100 yd receiving & 350 yd passing. Another 5 pts for 150 receiving and 400 passing.

I have an 8 pt lead, Demaryius, and Barth.

He has Manning and Broncos DST.

Need Demaryius to get his, Manning not to go bonkers on Sanders or Julius, and a stalled drive or two. Need good Andy to show up, so no picks/fumbles.

Luck destroyed me in the one league I care the most about... but I can still pull out a championship win in my other 16-team league if I can close a 13.3-point deficit with Jeremy Hill and Connor Barth versus Peyton Manning. Not liking my chances although if Peyton sits my opponent will take a 0 in his QB slot as I nabbed Osweiler. The way my luck is going, Peyton will be ruled out and the Hill/Barth combo will still find a way to fall short.

After watching Luck and Haushka pee on themself, down by 15. Have Sanders and Denver D in a 1 PPR. Left Julio and his 17 on the bench

:bag:

I need 26 points from Jeremy HIll and A J Green (PPR). I like my chances, but I wouldn't be surprised if I lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got demaryius, hill, Barth and Broncos D

Need 40 pts combined between these 4 as my opponent has no one left playing.

It's PPR and typically each of these guys have been getting ten at a minimum. So I'm saying there's a chance! (Name of my opponents team.)

Need CJ to have less than 12 points in a 2pt ppr league. Barring an injury I'm toast thanks to Mr. Luck <_<

i am up 23 pts (0.5 pt ppr) after the disaster of Haushka (we lose pts for missed fgs) and Andrew Luck (-3 in my league). I am nervous going into tonight. I have Demaryious Thomas....he has Emmanuel Sanders and AJ Green

i am up 23 pts (0.5 pt ppr) after the disaster of Haushka (we lose pts for missed fgs) and Andrew Luck (-3 in my league). I am nervous going into tonight. I have Demaryious Thomas....he has Emmanuel Sanders and AJ Green
Thomas and Green will come close to cancelling themselves out (edge to Green), so it comes down to Sanders. I heard he was a little under the weather the other day.

I need 31.7 in a standard decimal scoring league out of Manning, Hill and Barth. For a repeat. Would be first in league history.

It's PPR and typically each of these guys have been getting ten at a minimum. So I'm saying there's a chance! (Name of my opponents team.)
It could be close. You may need one of Thomas or Hill to get 18+.

Thomas and Green will come close to cancelling themselves out (edge to Green), so it comes down to Sanders. I heard he was a little under the weather the other day.
I am hopeful...23 points is essentially a 100 yard 2 td performance. If Green and Thomas cancel each other on that front I can't see Sanders having a huge game

I need 31.7 in a standard decimal scoring league out of Manning, Hill and Barth. For a repeat. Would be first in league history.
You should cover that easily. You need to hope Denver doesn't just run the ball as much as they've been doing. I expect hill and Barth to do no worse than 18 to 20 pts. Surely Manning can get 12 to 13 pts.

I need 120 total yards and 2 TDs from Hill.
tall order against a strong running defense. You definitely need him to break at least one long one (not necessarily for a TD) and get a couple of short plunges for TDs and hope he can get 60 to 70 total yards the rest of the way.

I need Julius Thomas to outscore Connor Barth
That's no guarantee for sure the way it's been going the last few weeks. However, I have read he is close to 100%, so that should help. Perhaps Barth gets all extra points tonight :) Good luck.

Up 6.7 with Peyton vs. Hill/AJ in standard.

:scared:
I'm assuming you have Manning. It will be close if Manning has a good game. Otherwise, you win easily. You need to hope for a clunker from Hill, which is a possibility since Denver has a good run defense and Cincy may be playing from behind. A good start for you would be a Denver 14-0 start.

It could be close. You may need one of Thomas or Hill to get 18+.
Was thinking this too... Demaryius has only gotten me less than 18 pts once (a dud two weeks ago) since week 3. Typically the Broncos D has gotten me about 10-15 or so for most matchups this year. If both of those things happen I think I have a good shot. It all comes down... To Monday night! Good luck everyone

I need 36.20 ppr points from Sanders + Orange Julius

Earlier in the year that would have been very doable but with Broncos riding Anderson and Peyton not throwing much/well it could be a stretch so likely need Bengals to score early and shut down the run game

I need 36.20 ppr points from Sanders + Orange Julius

Earlier in the year that would have been very doable but with Broncos riding Anderson and Peyton not throwing much/well it could be a stretch so likely need Bengals to score early and shut down the run game
Averaging 18.11 from each player isn't an impossibility if it's a PPR league, but not so much if it is not. Thomas has been a dud lately too. I hear he's 100% now and I have a sneaking feeling that he shows up tonight with a good game. Having said that, I'm not so sure Sanders is up to the task tonight because he may still be feeling the effects of whatever was ailing him. It's going to be tough, but not impossible by any means.

Need my CJ Anderson and DeMaryius Thomas combined to outscore his AJ Green. We're virtually deadlocked going in to tonight. I like my chances but I'm sure he liked his with Andrew Luck going yesterday. Anything can happen.

Need my CJ Anderson and DeMaryius Thomas combined to outscore his AJ Green. We're virtually deadlocked going in to tonight. I like my chances but I'm sure he liked his with Andrew Luck going yesterday. Anything can happen.
I'm pretty sure the Bengals will feed Green a lot tonight to keep pace with Denver. I think Anderson will be the difference for you, but like you said, anything can happen.

PPR. Down by 10. He has Barth, I have Jeremy Hill. 3 points bonuses at 100 yards and for long TDs.
I predict an 8 to 12 point game from Barth, worst case scenario that puts you down by 22. Hill could bust a long one, but getting a 100 yards on the ground will be tough against that run defense, but he could get 30 or 40 yards receiving, regardless of the presence of Gio Bernard. In summary, I predict about 35 yards receiving with 4 receptions and about 75 yards on the ground. That gives you the 3 point bonus for a total of 18 points. I believe you're going to need a TD from Hill and should get at least one inside the five yard line. It will be close, but you have a decent chance at winning.

I need a combined 43 points from D Thomas, CJ Anderson, and Barth. 1 pt PPR

It's possible.

Thank you Andrew Luck and Hilton for putting me in this position.

It's possible.

It probably will be close, but definitely doable. I see 20 points from D Thomas in PPR, 10 points from Barth, and Anderson anywhere from 10 to 15 points. You need to hope for a TD from Anderson, but you could win without it.

It's possible.

It probably will be close, but definitely doable. I see 20 points from D Thomas in PPR, 10 points from Barth, and Anderson anywhere from 10 to 15 points. You need to hope for a TD from Anderson, but you could win without it.
Agreed, I'm just scared that Julius Thomas will end up getting like 3 TD's, lol. I have no idea how many snaps he will be in tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread