What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bruschi (1 Viewer)

?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
This question will most likely be answered by Bruschi and the Pats in the next 2-3 weeks.I truly believe he'll give it a go. With Bruschi possibly out, rumors of Phifer retiring, and McGinest not getting any younger...I just cannot justify the Pats "only" signing Chad Brown and Monty Beisel in the offseason. It just doesn't sit well with me.I vote "YES".

Speak of the devil...

Patriots | Bruschi Decision Coming Soon

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:34:00 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports New England Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi (stroke, heart) will likely wait another two-and-a-half weeks to decide whether or not he will play during the 2005 season. While he could be cleared medically to resume playing, the decision will fall on Bruschi as he will have to determine if he wants to risk his health by returning too soon.

I think that NEP has made enough moves to pick up LB depth (Monty Biesel) and returning healthy players (Roosevelt Colvin) that they can afford to let Bruschi sit a yr to recover fully.I voted NO!

Boston Globe reported last week that Pfifer's locker is still intact. They did this for Troy Brown and look what happened with him (came back).I vote "no" with the possibility that he could be placed on the PUP and activated down the road. I just don't see him putting th pads on so soon.

I think that NEP has made enough moves to pick up LB depth (Monty Biesel) and returning healthy players (Roosevelt Colvin) that they can afford to let Bruschi sit a yr to recover fully.

I voted NO!
I don't think the Pats have any say in the matter to be honest. It is all on Bruschi. That being said, I still think the answer is no, just not for the same reasons.

With proper coaching maybe. He didn't impress me at all in KC.
Perhaps I was a little misled by his sterling fantasy production; whenever he started he always seemed to get a ton of tackles. That may have been more a function of the weakness of the KC D, however.

I think that NEP has made enough moves to pick up LB depth (Monty Biesel) and returning healthy players (Roosevelt Colvin) that they can afford to let Bruschi sit a yr to recover fully.

I voted NO!
Wishfull thinking..... :D I voted yes because I have the SOD in D-BOSS league when he does come back. :excited: :boxing:

With proper coaching maybe. He didn't impress me at all in KC.
Perhaps I was a little misled by his sterling fantasy production; whenever he started he always seemed to get a ton of tackles. That may have been more a function of the weakness of the KC D, however.
I hope he does well, and he had 3 or 4 nice games last year, but IMO that was more because nobody else could tackle. Figure, KC still could use a MLB, but didn't re-sign Beisel. Now they don't have the best track record, but that should tell us something.

Then again, the Patriots do well in player scouting and development, so maybe Biesel is a stud in the making. :unsure:

I acquired him in a league where I have Bruschi, so I hope he fills in well if Teddy can't play, but I am not counting on it.

Here's a ho-hum article on Bruschi. It really doesn't give guidance on Bruschi's pending decision. I attached three paragraphs below...these paragraphs essentially sum-up the article.

link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-brusch...=la-home-sports

Early retirement is an option, but so is returning to the game he loves. He has spent the last several months working with trainers at team headquarters and going through the same paces he would during a typical off-season. Although he didn't participate in a recent mini-camp, he hasn't ruled out a return to the Patriots, who open training camp July 29.

Normally at ease in the spotlight, Bruschi has made few public appearances since the stroke and has spoken publicly about it only twice, most recently last month during a Super Bowl ring ceremony at the home of Patriot owner Robert Kraft.

"My family and I are worried about my health, and we're just making sure I'm getting better," Bruschi told reporters. "Football is something I love and want to do, but I have to think about my wife and my sons to make sure everything is right."

Here's a ho-hum article on Bruschi. It really doesn't give guidance on Bruschi's pending decision. I attached three paragraphs below...these paragraphs essentially sum-up the article.

link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-brusch...=la-home-sports

Early retirement is an option, but so is returning to the game he loves. He has spent the last several months working with trainers at team headquarters and going through the same paces he would during a typical off-season. Although he didn't participate in a recent mini-camp, he hasn't ruled out a return to the Patriots, who open training camp July 29.

Normally at ease in the spotlight, Bruschi has made few public appearances since the stroke and has spoken publicly about it only twice, most recently last month during a Super Bowl ring ceremony at the home of Patriot owner Robert Kraft.

"My family and I are worried about my health, and we're just making sure I'm getting better," Bruschi told reporters. "Football is something I love and want to do, but I have to think about my wife and my sons to make sure everything is right."
In an interview with Ty Law yesterday on ESPN, Law admitted he hasn't spoken to him, but is sure that if he gets clearance from the doctors to play, he will.

Report: Bruschi to play in '05

Veteran's return set at 90 percent

By Jerome Solomon, Globe Staff | July 20, 2005

According to a report on New England Cable News last night, Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who suffered a stroke in February, plans to play this season.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasn't available for comment, but team spokesman Stacey James said Bruschi hasn't told the team whether he plans to play or sit out this season.

''Tedy Bruschi will make his intention known when he is ready," James said. ''As far as I know, he hasn't discussed it with the staff as yet."

Doctors cleared Bruschi for limited workout activities some time ago. He participated in team meetings at a June mini-camp, but did not take it to the practice field.

Bruschi's agent, Brad Blank, said yesterday he had spoken with Bruschi in the last couple of days but the linebacker hadn't indicated he had made any decision about playing in 2005.

The Patriots open training camp July 29 and will have to decide whether to put Bruschi on the active roster at that time.

In mid-June at the team's ring ceremony, Bruschi said he was in no rush to make a decision.

''I'm just taking my time making sure things are right," Bruschi said at the Patriots' Super Bowl ring ceremony in June. ''Just living one day at a time right now.

''The organization has been so supportive of me, I'm not pressured with any timetable. My family and I are worried about my health, and we're just making sure I'm getting better and that's the only thing we're focusing on right now."

If you voted "NO", you are smart.

Patriots | Bruschi Will Not Play in 2005

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:43:55 -0700

ESPNews reports New England Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi will not play in 2005. Bruschi is still recovering from an offseason stroke.

If you voted "NO", you are smart.

Patriots | Bruschi Will Not Play in 2005

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:43:55 -0700

ESPNews reports New England Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi will not play in 2005. Bruschi is still recovering from an offseason stroke.
Beat me to it! :-) Did post if in the Shark Forum though. (I voted no) I am partial though as I picked up Beisel bottom dollar off waiver wire a couple weeks ago. So it would appear to me that Beisel's value has risen but does he have enough talent to take Bruschi's spot? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
LINK
Tedy Bruschi has decided to sit out the 2005 season while he continues to recover from a mild stroke suffered in mid-February. The Patriots issued a statement through executive director of media relations Stacey James Wednesday afternoon. “Since suffering a mild stroke on Feb. 16, 2005, Tedy Bruschi has focused on the short-term goal of getting better every day. His health has improved steadily during the past five months and Tedy continues to make daily improvements with his on-going rehabilitation. It has been an offseason of many emotional highs and lows for Tedy and his family. With the Patriots’ training camp reporting date now just over a week away, Tedy has reached a decision on his playing status for the upcoming season and has declared his intentions to forgo the 2005 campaign. “The Bruschi family wanted to express their heartfelt appreciation for the tremendous outpouring of support they have received from fans throughout New England and others around the country. They also expressed their gratitude for the support and assistance provided by the entire Patriots organization. Tedy pledges to focus on his health and his family while continuing to offer on-going support to his teammates throughout the upcoming season.” The Patriots maintained throughout the process that they would wait for Bruschi to make a decision and all information regarding the situation would come from him. While Bruschi has now said he will not play in 2005, there was no word as to his plans beyond this season. The announcement also included a statement from Head Coach Bill Belichick. “All offseason, we have seen and felt Tedy’s strong and upbeat presence. As usual, we will keep the focus on the short term and address the future in due course. We are pleased Tedy continues to be part of the team and he has our complete support.” Bruschi has been regularly attending workouts for much of the offseason and there was speculation that he was planning to return. He was present at last month’s mini-camp and was an active participant in the meeting rooms, but did not take part in any on-field work. The Patriots were obviously planning for this possibility during the offseason when Belichick and Scott Pioli made several moves at the linebacker position to prepare for life without Bruschi. The team signed unrestricted free agents Chad Brown and Monty Beisel, and drafted Ryan Claridge in the fifth round in April. Even without the captain, the Patriots still have 16 linebackers currently on the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classy Guy! I hope he gets fully recovered and personally I feel he made the right decision. Wife, children hopefully a full and healthy life ahead of him, with all the stress that football brings to the body - I think if I were him no matter how much I loved football. I would retire and count my blessings that I was able to recover. Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread