What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft (1 Viewer)

FYI I think we'll continue to do the 1 round FCFS for the remainder of the draft. We will not pick on weekends. We won't be able to fiinish by the NFL draft but we'll have 42 rounds done before then. We can decide after that if we want to continue and whether we'll do 1 round per day (for 2 weeks) or 2 rounds (for 1 week).

Ok, I know this will be extremely hard for some of you to believe, but I had to share. I have fully entered the rosters into Madden up to the current round. Yes, they are not 100% complete, but the basic makeup of each team is. So I decided to do a quick one year sim just to see what happens...and the SB Champions were THE CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!! Yes, the Joe Flacco led Bears. They defeated the Jaguars. Overall best record was the Rams followed by the Raiders.

I can't embed photos for some reason but heres a link of the news center where it says they won.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mikhw7&s=6

Once the draft is done, I will do a complete five year sim and post results each year.
Thanks Nate. This is pretty exciting actually.Flacco is a winner.

Ok, I know this will be extremely hard for some of you to believe, but I had to share. I have fully entered the rosters into Madden up to the current round. Yes, they are not 100% complete, but the basic makeup of each team is. So I decided to do a quick one year sim just to see what happens...and the SB Champions were THE CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!! Yes, the Joe Flacco led Bears. They defeated the Jaguars. Overall best record was the Rams followed by the Raiders.

I can't embed photos for some reason but heres a link of the news center where it says they won.

Once the draft is done, I will do a complete five year sim and post results each year.
Thanks Nate. This is pretty exciting actually.Flacco is a winner.
Very cool, will you do this when the new Madden comes out, as it would be more representative of what we are doing?

Also; any way you can export the season stats? Or at least the Top Performers stats? Pro-bowl rosters?

First-Come, First-Served Drafting has begun with round 31 only today

31: Cincinnati Bengals select Brett Kern, P

Someone's gotta fill the position.

31: Oakland Raiders select Brandon Gibson, WR

He's been solid when starting, and adds yet another weapon for Manning.

31: Cleveland Browns select Mike Goodson, RB

An explosive backup for Spiller and also can help with the return game. Good enough to start if needed.

31 - Giants select - Denard Robinson , WR/KR/RB/QB

Shoelace is not a great QB or WR but a great football player and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.....

Guys like Brad SMith , Antwan Randle El and Dex McCluster have found a role in the NFl so I think he will as well.

Chiefs select Charlie Johnson, OL

Saints select Terrelle Pryor, QB

Editing in pick explanation:

Charlie Johnson has started extensively at LT and LG in the past and has been average-ish. His experience and versatility to play guard and tackle is ideal as my 6th OL.

For the Saints, I fully acknowledge if Rodgers misses a substantial amount time, I'll most likely struggle. My entire team is built around him. My offense takes advantage of his hyper-accuracy and ability to run the spread so well. My defense is built to play the pass and is best when the other team is playing catch-up. Therefore, I didn't want to draft a "system" qb who could be only okay when managed properly and is a game manager... I'm shooting for the stars. Pryor's athleticism and ability to run would provide a unique dimension to my offense and a change in offensive-style could help mitigate the effects of a short-term Rodgers injury. If Rodgers sustains a long-term injury, I'm hoping Pryor's plays to his potential... I'd be likely screwed regardless so I might as well shoot for the stars.

Starters:
Offense
QB Aaron Rodgers 1.1
HB Frank Gore 17.32
WR Dwayne Bowe 8.1
WR Pierre Garcon 10.1
WR Reggie Wayne 12.1
TE Travis Kelce 20.1
LT Marcus Gilbert 18.01
LG Kory Lichtensteiger 13.32
C Will Montgomery 9.32
RG Chris Chester 11.32
RT Bryan Bulaga 7.32
DefenseDE Michael Bennett 5.32
DT Jason Hatcher 14.1
DT Kendall Reyes 15.32
DE Dwight Freeney 16.1
SLB Nick Roach 21.32
MLB Bobby Wagner 4.1
WLB James-Michael Johnson 24.1
CB Lardarius Webb 2.32
CB Chris Harris Jr. 6.1
FS Eric Weddle 3.32
SS Mike Adams 25.32

Special Teams
K Blair Walsh 19.32

Bench:
QB Terrelle Pryor
LT David Bakhtiari 27.32
TE Joel Dreessen 23.32
DT C.J. Mosley 26.1
DE Matt Shaughnessy 28.1
LB Kaluka Maiava 29.32
CB Chris Cook 24.1
CB Davon House 30.1

Starters
Offense
QB Ryan Nassib 13.8
RB Marshawn Lynch 8.25
FB Bruce Miller 22.25
WR Torrey Smith 9.8

WR Emmanuel Sanders 18.25
TE Martellus Bennett 11.8
LT Jared Veldheer 5.8
LG Kevin Boothe 19.8
C Fernando Velasco 15.8
RG Uche Nwaneri 21.8
RT Phil Loadholt 7.8

Defense
DE Calais Campbell 2.8
NT Marcell Dareus 3.8
DE Sharrif Floyd 6.25
ILB Dannell Ellerbe 12.25
ILB Jameel McClain 20.25
OLB Brandon Graham 4.25
OLB Brooks Reed 15.8
CB Richard Sherman 1.25
CB Tarell Brown 10.25
FS Ed Reed 14.25
SS Glover Quin Jr. 16.25

Special Teams
K Dan Bailey 25.8
P Pat McAfee 26.25

Bench
QB Matt Hasselbeck 28.25
WR A.J. Jenkins 23.8
TE Vance McDonald 29.8
OL Charlie Johnson
DL Kendall Langford 30.25
DE/OLB Andre Branch 27.8
CB Corey Graham 24.25

Last edited by a moderator:
31 - Giants select - Denard Robinson , WR/KR/RB/QB

Shoelace is not a great QB or WR but a great football player and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.....

Guys like Brad SMith , Antwan Randle El and Dex McCluster have found a role in the NFl so I think he will as well.
:rant: thought he might fall another day with his injury.

31 - Chargers select -

Dion Sims - TE , Michigan State

Massive , young TE with soft hands .... very intriguing prospect....definetly a "First off the bus guy " .....hopefully it's not the short bus.

Yeah both of my teams are running different schemes both offensively and defensively than their real-life counterparts, and I have a lot of rookies which I have no idea how you could have rated accurately. Also depending on what starting rosters you used the young vets I drafted may not be that good, for example Demaryius Thomas and Spiller may have pretty low ratings.

The Madden thing is cool but I don't think it's accurate at all.
It's interesting but I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm not the most familiar with latest Madden but I know in years past during simulations the play calling was very vanilla and standard. My Saints run a spread offense. I would be in 11 personnel most of the game. I doubt the Madden simulations mirrored that.

Interesting, lots of high risk picks taken already this round.
Think you have to go and grab the guy you want....FCFS does'nt allow you to wait and see what other teams draft needs are.
:yes: Partially filling gaps and finding the right player for your team. Not too much unlike the real NFL draft in later rounds. It isn't just about taking BPA, but finding the best player for your team and only secondarily thinking whether he'll fall.

31 Dallas John Carlson TE

I think he was overlooked on the Min offense due to Rudolph being a great player. Carlson is young and a solid TE.

Bears - 84Rams - 81Raiders - 87Jags - 82 3 Teams had the highest: Vikings, Saints, Raiders at 873 Teams had the lowest: Browns, Jets, Panthers at 80 You also have to remember that as of now the majority of backups are in the 50s. So that plays a big part. Once I put the real drafted backups in the ratings will change.
I'm surprised the team ratings are this close. My Bucs are not built to win this year; would have expected them far lower than the top teams. Anyone know the high/low team ratings with actual rosters?

31 Houston Derek Newton OT

He was a starter last year at RT, still developing as a player, and still only 25, at this point in the draft thats about as good as it gets for tackles; he will serve as my backup in case of injury to Kalil or Strief.

Yeah both of my teams are running different schemes both offensively and defensively than their real-life counterparts, and I have a lot of rookies which I have no idea how you could have rated accurately. Also depending on what starting rosters you used the young vets I drafted may not be that good, for example Demaryius Thomas and Spiller may have pretty low ratings.

It's interesting but I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm not the most familiar with latest Madden but I know in years past during simulations the play calling was very vanilla and standard. My Saints run a spread offense. I would be in 11 personnel most of the game. I doubt the Madden simulations mirrored that.
In the current Madden you can choose what style of offense and defense each team runs. Even can adjust for tendencies such as run vs pass ratio and blitz percentages. Really allows you to control your team(s)

End of season rating ....

D. Thomas is rated as an 89 overall.

CJ Spiller is rated as an 91 overall

In the current Madden you can choose what style of offense and defense each team runs. Even can adjust for tendencies such as run vs pass ratio and blitz percentages. Really allows you to control your team(s)

I'm just curious as to how you are changing the settings. My first guess is that you have a created coach and that you switch to each team and make the changes, but you should know that when you leave to a new team, the old team gets a new coach and that coach brings their own offensive/defensive schemes.

I was in several XBL madden leagues this season so we experienced this first-hand. We had to create dummy IDs for abandoned teams during the draft/free agency just so they wouldn't end up with completely random players that didn't fit their teams.

The only way to get those schemes to stick would be to have 32 different User IDs.

A guy like Spiller may be a 91 in one scheme (speed, one-cut perhaps) but in a power scheme he could end up as a 70 something.

That's just one example. Zone blockers for example are garbage in pretty much every other scheme.

Has anybody been considering that you play division rivals twice per season? I just thought to consider it. I'm pleasantly surprised looking at my division rivals for the Saints and Chiefs. The Saints have the only elite QB in the NFC South. In the AFC West, the Raiders have the only elite QB... Peyton Manning but I don't expect him to have more than a couple years left while my Chiefs are a very young team. I think the Saints are the clear favorites in the NFC South and the Chiefs can compete for the AFC West. :football:

Bears - 84Rams - 81Raiders - 87Jags - 82 3 Teams had the highest: Vikings, Saints, Raiders at 873 Teams had the lowest: Browns, Jets, Panthers at 80 You also have to remember that as of now the majority of backups are in the 50s. So that plays a big part. Once I put the real drafted backups in the ratings will change.
I'm surprised the team ratings are this close. My Bucs are not built to win this year; would have expected them far lower than the top teams. Anyone know the high/low team ratings with actual rosters?
The spread is much higher for real NFL teams. For the preset rosters, the Vikings and Rams both have a 72 rating and the Packers and Patriots had the highest with 91. Which also reminds me... Nate, did you use the updated rosters/ratings for the players or the default ones?

ExaltedOne said:
Wu-banger said:
AwesomeAuger said:
ExaltedOne said:

I'm just curious as to how you are changing the settings. My first guess is that you have a created coach and that you switch to each team and make the changes, but you should know that when you leave to a new team, the old team gets a new coach and that coach brings their own offensive/defensive schemes.

I was in several XBL madden leagues this season so we experienced this first-hand. We had to create dummy IDs for abandoned teams during the draft/free agency just so they wouldn't end up with completely random players that didn't fit their teams.

The only way to get those schemes to stick would be to have 32 different User IDs.

A guy like Spiller may be a 91 in one scheme (speed, one-cut perhaps) but in a power scheme he could end up as a 70 something.

That's just one example. Zone blockers for example are garbage in pretty much every other scheme.
yes , multiple coaches.... I have not witnessed players taking a dramatic hit in ratings depending on scheme though. Makes sense but I can assume if one of us drafts a player for a scheme they would run it.

ExaltedOne said:
Wu-banger said:
AwesomeAuger said:
ExaltedOne said:

yes , multiple coaches.... I have not witnessed players taking a dramatic hit in ratings depending on scheme though. Makes sense but I can assume if one of us drafts a player for a scheme they would run it.
Not so much the generic scheme (i.e. west coast vs. spread) but each position has a preference that changes with a new coach as well. For example the Raiders by default have speed for their HB1 but in this scenario their HB1 is Doug Martin who would not be as highly rated for that style.

round 31:

Eagles select Britton Colquitt, P

Panthers select Levi Brown, T - I don't like either of his tackles and Levi has the potential to step in and take a starting job

Got a box score from the Super Bowl? Also love to see all 12 playoff teams.Yeah I'm pretty excited about this. Ran to call my wife when I saw this morning. She could not have been less interested.

As far as Madden, sorry I wasnt on to update but Ill try to touch on most stuff.

As far as ratings...yes I have the most current rosters.

Rookies...I used what I thought to be comparable stats to other rookies/players and read stuff from scouting reports....speed/throw power/hit power/tackle, etc.

Schemes... when editing the rosters, you can edit positions/player type etc. If I was moving a player to a team that wanted to run a 4-3 or a 3-4 I would adjust the player accordingly. For example one team had Anthony Spencer and Demarcus Ware(who are default LB's in Madden) and wanted to run a 4-3 so I moved them to DE. They're ratings jumped by the way.

Stats/Season Results/etc....once rosters are complete I will make a seperate thread detailing everything. Trust me I love doing this stuff so it will be in depth.

Understand that the new Madden has gameplay and an engine like no other previous version. I think that the stats and the sims are actually fairly accurate. The best teams had QBs of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. I mean if you really think your strong offensive line built or defensive team would win in the NFL than I would say you are sadly mistaken and have never watched the NFL. Teams with Matt Flynn, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Nassib, etc just arent gonna win no matter who's blocking for the guys or who's playing defense. Doesnt matter if its NFL or Madden, but that's the truth.

Also, the first sim was just for fun. I wouldn't take anything into account until the rosters are complete. Like I said most teams have backups in the 50s currently until the draft is done and I can plug in everyone else.

This is for fun, don't take it personal. If your RB is a power back on a normally speedy team, it's not the end of the world. Your player isnt gonna go from a 90 to a 65 overall. The most any difference in variation is a point or two.

As far as Madden, sorry I wasnt on to update but Ill try to touch on most stuff. As far as ratings...yes I have the most current rosters.Rookies...I used what I thought to be comparable stats to other rookies/players and read stuff from scouting reports....speed/throw power/hit power/tackle, etc. Schemes... when editing the rosters, you can edit positions/player type etc. If I was moving a player to a team that wanted to run a 4-3 or a 3-4 I would adjust the player accordingly. For example one team had Anthony Spencer and Demarcus Ware(who are default LB's in Madden) and wanted to run a 4-3 so I moved them to DE. They're ratings jumped by the way. Stats/Season Results/etc....once rosters are complete I will make a seperate thread detailing everything. Trust me I love doing this stuff so it will be in depth. Understand that the new Madden has gameplay and an engine like no other previous version. I think that the stats and the sims are actually fairly accurate. The best teams had QBs of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. I mean if you really think your strong offensive line built or defensive team would win in the NFL than I would say you are sadly mistaken and have never watched the NFL. Teams with Matt Flynn, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Nassib, etc just arent gonna win no matter who's blocking for the guys or who's playing defense. Doesnt matter if its NFL or Madden, but that's the truth. Also, the first sim was just for fun. I wouldn't take anything into account until the rosters are complete. Like I said most teams have backups in the 50s currently until the draft is done and I can plug in everyone else. This is for fun, don't take it personal. If your RB is a power back on a normally speedy team, it's not the end of the world. Your player isnt gonna go from a 90 to a 65 overall. The most any difference in variation is a point or two.
:thanks:

Understand that the new Madden has gameplay and an engine like no other previous version. I think that the stats and the sims are actually fairly accurate. The best teams had QBs of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. I mean if you really think your strong offensive line built or defensive team would win in the NFL than I would say you are sadly mistaken and have never watched the NFL. Teams with Matt Flynn, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Nassib, etc just arent gonna win no matter who's blocking for the guys or who's playing defense. Doesnt matter if its NFL or Madden, but that's the truth.
I somewhat disagree with this. The Rams had tied for the best record with Locker at QB and the Jags made the Super Bowl with Cutler. Recently in the real NFL we saw a 49ers team with Alex Smith almost make the Super Bowl. If your goal was to just win the 2013 season, then yeah it would be pretty hard to build a team without a super stud QB. However, many of us with lesser QBs chose a more developmental route than a win-now approach, so that likely had a huge impact on the single season. I'm more interested in seeing the results for the five year sim (although it would be impossible to accurately simulate offseasons) and much, much, much more interested in human evaluations, and even more interested in the discussion that will hopefully follow.

And since I haven't said it yet, Nate, I fully appreciate the time taken to transfer the rosters. I figured that a Madden sim would be a luxury that no one would ever get around to.

Yeah awesome job Nate. Even though I don't think it's going to be the most accurate evaluation, I know it was a ton of work to put those in and get the schemes right.

Got a box score from the Super Bowl? Also love to see all 12 playoff teams.Yeah I'm pretty excited about this. Ran to call my wife when I saw this morning. She could not have been less interested.
LOL This is me any time I try to talk sports or literally any of my interests with my wife....

LOL This is me any time I try to talk sports or literally any of my interests with my wife....
"HONEY GUESS WHAT!? IN THE FAKE FOOTBALL DRAFT I HAVE BEEN DOING WITH MY E-BUDDIES I WON THE MADDEN SIMULATION! AND THEY CRITICIZED MY FLACCO PICK! JOKES ON THEM, SUCKAS!"

"HONEY GUESS WHAT!? IN THE FAKE FOOTBALL DRAFT I HAVE BEEN DOING WITH MY E-BUDDIES I WON THE MADDEN SIMULATION! AND THEY CRITICIZED MY FLACCO PICK! JOKES ON THEM, SUCKAS!"
LolWhicker is right. If i wanted to just win in 2013, i would have taken Peyton or brees instead of Wilson.

Doesn't seem like a full month has passed since this thread started.

Ha ha pretty much

Users who are viewing this thread