What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft (2 Viewers)

JMon348

Footballguy
DRAFT ORDER

1st Round

1.Saints Awesomeauger awesomeauger.fbg@gmail.com

2.Giants WuBanger

3.Eagles SkeletoreEh

4.Titans Fubar

5.Vikings 8ebok24

6.Bears RBM

7.Rams Instinctive

8.Steelers HellToupe

9.49ers Gandalas

10.Seahawks Duckboy

11.Cowboys Meecrob

12.Bengals ExaltedOne

13.Pats Late225

14.Raiders Nucker101

15.Cardinals Whicker

16.Skins NateBlough

17.Packers Shakezula

18.Lions Fubar

19.Jets Duckboy

20.Bucs Bamac

21.Chargers WuBanger

22.Browns ExaltedOne

23.Falcons HellToupee

24.Dolphins Whoosah

25.Chiefs Awesomauger awesomeauger.fbg@gmail.com

26.Bills RBM

27.Colts Gandalas

28.Ravens NateBlough

29.Texans Meecrob

30.Panthers SkeletoreEh

31.Broncos Instinctive

32.Jaguars 8ebok24

Google Spreadsheet with updated picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag68aKS2xJNodDZjc0dHaEhKMGZkclJ6R0QtNTluTWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds similar to what Matt Waldman is doing http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013-rsp-football-writers-project/writers-project-draft-room/

Last year, I managed a project where 15 writers built their own teams according to the guidelines of a strict salary cap and list of player values. They presented their picks and then answered questions about personnel talent and fit with scheme. If I had the time I would have presented a dozen more reader teams from those of you who wanted to share what they built.The 2013 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Writers Project will be under management from Footballguys co-owner Sigmund Bloom, who will be running a 32-team start-up draft with fantasy football style serpentine order that includes a third-round reversal. For the sake of time and this being our first go at this process, we are not allowing trades and the player pool will consist of veterans only.We’ll see how many rounds we can go with this crew. If we build an entire roster I’ll be shocked, but I think even as little as a few rounds will have fun analysis. Update: There’s strong sentiment to build at least a starting lineup. The draft will take place on Twitter and I will update the results every 24-36 hours with commentary from the team owners. Here is a list of the participating writers by their draft order (each name is linked to a page that will eventually have analysis of each of their picks):Dane Brugler, NFL Draft Scout, @dpbruglerSam Monson, Pro Football Focus, @PFF_SamJosh Katzowitz, CBS Sports, @joshkatzowitzMatt Miller, Bleacher Report/Former CFL Scout, @nfldraftscoutNFLosophy (Former NFL Ops Coordinator), @nflosophySigmund Bloom, Footballguys/Bleacher Report, @SigmundBloomLance Zierlein, Sideline View, @Lance ZierleinBen Muth, Football Outsiders/Former NFL Player, @FO_wordofmuthCian Fahey, Guardian, @cianafWill Brinson, CBS Sports, @willbrinsonChris Burke, Sports Illustrated, @chrisburke_SIMatt Williamson, ESPN/Former NFL Scout, @WilliamsonNFLRumford Johnny, 2MugsFF, @rumfordjohnnyAlex Miglio, Pro Football Focus/Bleacher Report/The Huddle, @alexmiglioRuss Lande, GM Jr./National Football Post/Former NFL Scout, @russlandeJoe Goodberry, Cincy Jungle, @joegoodberryJosh Norris, Rotoworld/NFL.com, @joshnorrisAaron Schatz, Football Outsiders, @FO_ASchatzMichael Schottey, Bleacher Report, @SchotteyJosh Liskiewitz, GM Jr./Football Standard, @joshliskiewitzJene Bramel, Footballguys/Second Opinion, @jenebramelField Yates, ESPN, @fieldyatesScott Kacsmar, Bleacher Report/Cold Hard Football Facts, @captaincomebackSimon Clancy, BBC Radio/Sports Illustrated, @siclancyIan Kenyon, Bleacher Report, @iankenyonNFLMarc Lillibridge, Bleacher Report/NFL Agent, @NFLBridgeMatt Waldman, Rookie Scouting Portfolio/Footballguys/Football Outsiders, @mattwaldmanRyan Riddle, Bleacher Report/Former NFL Player, @ryan_riddleMike Tanier, Sports on Earth, @MikeTanierDave Richard, CBS Sports, @daverichardDanny Kelly, Field Gulls, @fieldgullsChase Stuart, Footballperspective/Footballguys, @fbgchase

Sounds similar to what Matt Waldman is doing http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013-rsp-football-writers-project/writers-project-draft-room/

Last year, I managed a project where 15 writers built their own teams according to the guidelines of a strict salary cap and list of player values. They presented their picks and then answered questions about personnel talent and fit with scheme. If I had the time I would have presented a dozen more reader teams from those of you who wanted to share what they built.The 2013 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Writers Project will be under management from Footballguys co-owner Sigmund Bloom, who will be running a 32-team start-up draft with fantasy football style serpentine order that includes a third-round reversal. For the sake of time and this being our first go at this process, we are not allowing trades and the player pool will consist of veterans only.We’ll see how many rounds we can go with this crew. If we build an entire roster I’ll be shocked, but I think even as little as a few rounds will have fun analysis. Update: There’s strong sentiment to build at least a starting lineup. The draft will take place on Twitter and I will update the results every 24-36 hours with commentary from the team owners. Here is a list of the participating writers by their draft order (each name is linked to a page that will eventually have analysis of each of their picks):Dane Brugler, NFL Draft Scout, @dpbruglerSam Monson, Pro Football Focus, @PFF_SamJosh Katzowitz, CBS Sports, @joshkatzowitzMatt Miller, Bleacher Report/Former CFL Scout, @nfldraftscoutNFLosophy (Former NFL Ops Coordinator), @nflosophySigmund Bloom, Footballguys/Bleacher Report, @SigmundBloomLance Zierlein, Sideline View, @Lance ZierleinBen Muth, Football Outsiders/Former NFL Player, @FO_wordofmuthCian Fahey, Guardian, @cianafWill Brinson, CBS Sports, @willbrinsonChris Burke, Sports Illustrated, @chrisburke_SIMatt Williamson, ESPN/Former NFL Scout, @WilliamsonNFLRumford Johnny, 2MugsFF, @rumfordjohnnyAlex Miglio, Pro Football Focus/Bleacher Report/The Huddle, @alexmiglioRuss Lande, GM Jr./National Football Post/Former NFL Scout, @russlandeJoe Goodberry, Cincy Jungle, @joegoodberryJosh Norris, Rotoworld/NFL.com, @joshnorrisAaron Schatz, Football Outsiders, @FO_ASchatzMichael Schottey, Bleacher Report, @SchotteyJosh Liskiewitz, GM Jr./Football Standard, @joshliskiewitzJene Bramel, Footballguys/Second Opinion, @jenebramelField Yates, ESPN, @fieldyatesScott Kacsmar, Bleacher Report/Cold Hard Football Facts, @captaincomebackSimon Clancy, BBC Radio/Sports Illustrated, @siclancyIan Kenyon, Bleacher Report, @iankenyonNFLMarc Lillibridge, Bleacher Report/NFL Agent, @NFLBridgeMatt Waldman, Rookie Scouting Portfolio/Footballguys/Football Outsiders, @mattwaldmanRyan Riddle, Bleacher Report/Former NFL Player, @ryan_riddleMike Tanier, Sports on Earth, @MikeTanierDave Richard, CBS Sports, @daverichardDanny Kelly, Field Gulls, @fieldgullsChase Stuart, Footballperspective/Footballguys, @fbgchase
Seeing those tweets is what got me thinking about it.

Just a thought; is it possible to set this up on MFL? Would be a hell of a lot easier to track and such.

Just a thought; is it possible to set this up on MFL? Would be a hell of a lot easier to track and such.
I don't think MFL has offensive lineman.It wouldn't be that bad to track on here.The only worries I have are people quitting towards the end, or not being timely on their picks leading to skips.

I don't think MFL has offensive lineman.It wouldn't be that bad to track on here.The only worries I have are people quitting towards the end, or not being timely on their picks leading to skips.
Im not sure if they do or don't; even if they didn't you could just pick a a nobody and put in the text field the O-Line name. Like I said; just a thought, we could do it here as well.

Taking two players at a time at the end made it flow better. IN for the Titans. I was also in that draft, doesn't seem like 7 years has passed.

Very similar except I doubt Calais Campbell goes 9th overall

Team in:

8ebok24: Vikings and Jaguars

Meecrob: Cowboys and Texans

RBM: Bears and Bills

Nate Blough: Redskins and Ravens

HellToupee: Steelers and Falcons

Instinctive: Rams and Broncos

FUBAR: Titans and Lions

ExaltedOne: Bengals and Browns

Gandalas: 49ers and Colts

Skeletore eh: Eagles and Panthers

Duckboy: Seahawks and Jets

Warrior: Patriots and Raiders

Shake Zula: Packers and Dolphins

Wu Banger: Giants and Chargers

Longballlarry: Bucs and Cardinals

Still available:

Saints

Chiefs

I would love for everyone to have two franchises. One picking in the first 16 picks and one picking in the second half of the draft.

I'll take whatever team is leftover for my #2 . If we have enough drafters I'm fine sharing & only draft for the Steelers

I'll take NY Giants and San Diego Chargers ( I guess ) ....one big market team , one nice weather team , haha.

willing to give either up if needed to only have one team.

just browsed the original thread / draft /teams ....wow , how the NFL changes in 6-7 years.

guys like Charlie Frye as QB#1 's ..... Matt Jones as Mannings #1 WR ....lots of comedy.

seems they took "our" idea from a few years ago.

just browsed the original thread / draft /teams ....wow , how the NFL changes in 6-7 years.guys like Charlie Frye as QB#1 's ..... Matt Jones as Mannings #1 WR ....lots of comedy.
Miami looks pretty solid. 26.17 Miami Dolphins - Wes Welker, WR/KR (MIA)20.17: Miami Dolphins - Alex Smith, QB (SF)

I totally didn't see the Texans being taken, whoops. I'll take whoever is left to pair with the Rams, preferably an AFC team. Broncos appear to be still available?

just browsed the original thread / draft /teams ....wow , how the NFL changes in 6-7 years.guys like Charlie Frye as QB#1 's ..... Matt Jones as Mannings #1 WR ....lots of comedy.
Where are the teams? Love to see mine. All I remember is that I think I took Urlacher way too early and my rbs were Travis Henry and Ladell Betts.

Where are the teams? Love to see mine. All I remember is that I think I took Urlacher way too early and my rbs were Travis Henry and Ladell Betts.
Wrong draft I guess because Shaun Rodgers was my 1st pick in this one. Must have done two of these.

With an odd number of teams remaining, if any single-teamer is willing to take the Patriots off my hands, I would appreciate it. My buddy decided he didn't want to participate and I was holding the Pats for him. I'll still do them if no takers though.

I am in this is Bmore and Washington. I understand the time limitmand am really excited about doing it. I work a lot and it is sometimes hard for me to check in every 30min. With that said I am willing to post my cell number 814-329-1758 and guys feel free to text me throughout if i am on the clock.

With an odd number of teams remaining, if any single-teamer is willing to take the Patriots off my hands, I would appreciate it. My buddy decided he didn't want to participate and I was holding the Pats for him. I'll still do them if no takers though.
I'll take the pats.

I am in this is Bmore and Washington. I understand the time limitmand am really excited about doing it. I work a lot and it is sometimes hard for me to check in every 30min. With that said I am willing to post my cell number 814-329-1758 and guys feel free to text me throughout if i am on the clock.
I am going to pm everyone asking them for a cell number. I will text when you are up.If you guys can save me some time and PM me your number I'd appreciate it.

Honestly, if you guys wanna do it on MFL it would be super easy. All offensive and defensive guys are in there. We could spend a cuple days putting in offensive lineman. If we start now and split it up we can have it done qwik

Honestly, if you guys wanna do it on MFL it would be super easy. All offensive and defensive guys are in there. We could spend a cuple days putting in offensive lineman. If we start now and split it up we can have it done qwik
Or we could just skip o-linemen and just do 43 rounds. This would save a lot of work and then we wouldn't have to do all the research on which o-linemen are good (past the obvious ones anyways)

Users who are viewing this thread