What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a Franchise - Final Rosters and Team Commentary (1 Viewer)

ExaltedOne

Footballguy
This thread will be an off-shoot of the Build a Franchise Draft thread that has been going on for almost 2 months. The draft has finally completed 40 rounds. Here's a link to the draft spreadsheet.

For those of you not familiar with the format, we basically did a 32-team startup draft with fantasy football style serpentine order that includes a third-round reversal. Rookies were included and we did not allow trades. We drafted as if we were starting each franchise from the ground up, so the schemes that we drafted for may not be the same as the real life NFL teams.

The goal of this thread is for each owner to post their final roster and commentary about their draft strategy and results. We would love to hear the thoughts of the Shark Pool on which teams you like, which teams you hate, etc.

01.Saints Awesomeauger
02.Giants WuBanger
03.Eagles SkeletoreEh
04.Titans Fubar
05.Vikings 8ebok24
06.Bears RBM
07.Rams Instinctive
08.Steelers HellToupe
09.49ers Gandalas
10.Seahawks Duckboy
11.Cowboys Meecrob
12.Bengals ExaltedOne
13.Patriots Late225
14.Raiders Warrior/Nucker101/ExaltedOne
15.Cardinals Whicker
16.Redskins NateBlough
17.Packers Shakezula
18.Lions Fubar
19.Jets Duckboy
20.Bucs Bamac
21.Chargers WuBanger
22.Browns ExaltedOne
23.Falcons HellToupee
24.Dolphins Whoosah
25.Chiefs Awesomauger
26.Bills RBM
27.Colts Gandalas
28.Ravens NateBlough
29.Texans Meecrob
30.Panthers SkeletoreEh
31.Broncos Instinctive
32.Jaguars 8ebok24

Last edited by a moderator:
Cincinnati Bengals:

Offense - Zone Run
QB: Matt Ryan, Zach Dysert
HB: Arian Foster, Montee Ball
FB: Henry Hynoski
WR: Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, Robert Woods, Mark Harrison
TE: Greg Olsen, Jake Stoneburner
OT: Ryan Clady, Terron Armstead, Ryan Harris, Reid Fragel
OG: Andy Levitre, Zane Beadles, Matt Summers-Gavin
OC: Ryan Lilja, Khaled Holmes

Defense - Multiple
NT: Dan Williams, Montori Hughes
DT/DE: Corey Liuget, Carlos Dunlap, Mike Neal
DE/OLB: Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, John Simon
LB: Arthur Brown, Brad Jones, Bront Bird
CB: Vontae Davis, Robert McClain, B.W. Webb, Terence Newman
S: Stevie Brown, Major Wright, Corey Lynch

Special Teams
K: Stephen Gostkowski
P: Brett Kern
KR: B.W. Webb

Commentary:
Picking 12th overall I felt really lucky to get a stud QB in Matt Ryan, and I feel this set my team up for success. It allowed me to be more conservative and balanced in my approach to the rest of the draft. I put an early focus on the offensive and defensive lines and taking value where it fell elsewhere. Once I paired up Ryan Clady and Arian Foster, I knew that this needed to be a zone-blocking offense, and from that point I went with offensive linemen with experience in that scheme rather than the best o-linemen available.

I took some risks on defense, grabbing defensive ends who have worked in different styles of defense (Liuget, Dunlap). From that point I decided to go with a multiple defense, hoping to confuse opposing offenses. This led to me taking four rookie linebackers, which I know some won't like. However, 3 of them (Jordan, Mingo, Brown) are likely first-round picks and all of them have shown scheme versatility that I really like. If those 3 make impacts in the NFL, then this defense will look ridiculously good in a few years.

Minnesota Vikings

OFFENSE

QB-Tom Brady(Shaun Hill)

RB-Darren McFadden(Fred Jackson)

FB-Jacob Hester

WR-Danny Amendola(Mario Manningham)

WR-Wes Welker(David Nelson, Chad Johnson)

TE-Tony Moeaki(LaDarious Green)

LT-Andrew Whitworth

LG-Kraig Urbik

OC-Jonathan Goodwin

RG-Darryn Colledge(Rich Ohrnberger)

RT-Demar Dotson(Will Svitek)

Defense

DE-Demarcus Ware

DT-Kyle Williams

DT-Tommy Kelly(Peria Jerry)

DE-Anthony Spencer(Brett Keisel)

OLB-Chad Greenway

MLB-Alec Ogletree(Dan Connor)

OLB-Bruce Carter(Ernie Sims)

CB-Jason McCourty(Rashean Mathis)

CB-Alterraun Verner(Javier Arenas, Sanders Commings)

S-Ryan Clark

S-Jonathan Cyprien(MD Jennings)

Special Teams

K-Matt Bryant

P-Shane Lechler

My strategy was to get an elite QB and give him a very good defense. When I got Brady, I stuck to the strategy knowing he has taken less talent than I will be giving him here, to the Super Bowl. On offense, I'm pretty happy about the offense line I built to protect Brady. In this format, it would be impossible to re build the Pats offense, so I tinkered a bit. I like Welker and Amendola(obviously I think Brady does too) as possession type receivers Amendola showed the ability to be a deep threat too last year. Hopefully one of Manningham, Nelson, or OchoCinco will provide a quality 3rd WR. Everyone knows Darren McFadden has the talent. He has yet to show his full ability with the Raiders, but has always had poor teammates around him. Hopefully with Brady and better play makers around him, he will flourish in this offense. I really like Fred Jackson has a backup/insurance policy. Overall, I need to stay healthy and hope that I have given Brady enough talent around him.

I really like my defense. I think I drafted pretty well, getting a few steals here and there. Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer should provide some nice pressure on the outside, with Kyle Williams stuffing the middle. Chad Greenway is constantly among the league leaders in tackles from his OLB spot. Bruce Carter is emerging, and hopefully will blossom this year at his new position. MLB, I gambled on someone with a lot of talent in rookie Alec Ogletree, hoping he pays off. Love my Titan duo at corner in McCourtey and Verner, with Arenas and veteran Mathis backing them up. Ryan Clark is a very solid safety teamed with another rookie favorite of mine Jonathan Cyprien. I think its a very well balanced D, with the ability to go with a hybrid 4-3 and back to a 3-4 with Ware and Spencer standing up. Gambled on 2 rookie starters, but both should be 1st/high 2nd rounders

Cleveland Browns

Offense - West Coast
QB: Geno Smith, Chad Henne
HB: C.J. Spiller, Mike Goodson, Marcus Thigpen
FB: Marcel Reece
WR: A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, Stedman Bailey, Cobi Hamilton
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Gavin Escobar
OT: William Beatty, Gosder Cherilus, Oday Aboushi
OG: Rob Sims, Louis Vasquez
OC: John Sullivan, Brian Schwenke

Defense - Balanced 4-3
DT: Kevin Williams, Brodrick Bunkley, Karl Klug, Alex Carrington
DE: Brian Robison, Osi Umenyiora, Datone Jones, Wallace Gilberry
LB: Kevin Minter, Khaseem Greene, Nigel Bradham, Emmanuel Lamur
CB: Derek Cox, Captain Munnerlyn, Brandon Boykin, Tony Carter
S: Reshad Jones, Troy Polamalu, J.J. Wilcox

Special Teams
K: Kai Forbath
P: Matt Bosher
KR: Marcus Thigpen

Commentary:

Picking at 22 meant there were no 1st-round quality QBs available. Knowing that today's NFL is a passing league, I decided to take a risk and draft two wide receivers in the first two rounds. Green and Thomas are two of my favorite receivers in the league right now, and they've both proven that they can be the #1 guy on an offense. I followed them up with C.J. Spiller, who I think is the most explosive runner in the league. I felt comfortable at this point with taking my top rookie QB, Geno Smith, to lead the offense. I passed on Matt Schaub, knowing that he would probably be great with these weapons, and went with higher upside.

Once I had these key weapons, I loaded up on offensive linemen, finishing with the best pass-blocking line and top 3 run blocking o-line in the league (according to 2012 PFF stats). Later additions of Marcel Reece, Tony Gonzalez and rookies Gavin Escobar and Stedman Bailey finalized what I think is the best offense in the league. Obviously I'll be passing a lot.

Once I saw a dynamite offense being built, I started my defense with two safeties and a corner, knowing that I could get studs back there to prevent shoot-out games and find decent players for the other positions. Considering how late I started with defense (only 3 guys before round 15), I am really happy with how it turned out. I feel like I got a good mix of solid vets and young guys with upside, including four rookies.

Oakland Raiders Offense - Manning StyleQB: Peyton Manning, Blaine GabbertHB: Doug Martin, Joique BellFB: Greg JonesWR: Julio Jones, Denarius Moore, Andre Roberts, Brandon GibsonTE: Dustin Keller, Tony SchefflerOT: Jordan Gross, Donald Penn, Jeromy Clary, Vinston PainterOG: Chris Snee, Chris KuperOC: David Baas Defense - 4-3DT: Glenn Dorsey, Kawan Short, Kevin Vickerson, Jordan HillDE: Julius Peppers, Da'Quan Bowers, Daryll Tapp, Everett DawkinsLB: Ahmad Brooks, Thomas Howard, Barrett Ruud, A.J. Klein, Kevin ReddickCB: Aqib Talib, Prince Amukamura, Sheldon Brown, Dimitri PattersonS: Tavon Wilson, Kerry Rhodes, Shawn Williams Special TeamsK: Matt PraterP: Johnny HekkerKR: Andre Roberts

Commentary:

Considering this team had three different owners through this process, I think it turned out OK. Any team with a big 3 of Manning/Martin/Julio is going to be a threat on offense. Defensively they are probably a bit below average, despite spending early picks there.

DETROIT LIONS:
QB: Andy Dalton, Ryan Mallett
RB: Willis McGahee, Ronnie Hillman, Marcus Lattimore
WR: Mike Williams, Stephen Hill, Da'Rick Rogers
TE: Jason Witten, Michael Hoomanawanui
FB: Zach Line (should also earn his roster spot on special teams)
T: Cordy Glenn, Austin Howard (Barrett and Gilkey can also play T if needed)
G: Brandon Brooks, Clint Boling, Garrett Gilkey
C: Ben Jones, Barrett Jones

DT: Linval Joseph, Henry Melton, Steve McLendon
DE: Margus Hunt, Kroy Biermann, Tyrone Crawford, Adam Carriker
LB: Von Miller, Brandon Spikes, Jerrell Freeman, Takeo Spikes, Connor BarwinCB: Cary Williams, Josh Wilson, Bradley Fletcher, Logan Ryan
S: Earl Thomas, Isa Abdul-Quddus, Phillip Thomas

K: Dustin Hopkins
P: Drew Butler
RET: Joe McKnight

Titans

QB: Russell Wilson, Chase Daniel
RB: David Wilson, Stepfan Taylor
WR: Dez Bryant, Brian Hartline, Josh Morgan, Matt Slater (ST ace)
TE: Zach Miller, Steve Maneri
FB: James Casey
T: Eugene Monroe, Orlando Franklin, Charles Brown
G: Jahri Evans, John Jerry, Chris Faulk
C: Max Unger, J.D. Walton

DT: B.J. Raji, Akiem Hicks, Jerel Worthy
DE: Chandler Jones, Justin Babin, Sam Montgomery
LB: Philip Wheeler, Mason Foster, Darryl Smith, Martez Wilson, Jonathan Vilma
CB: Champ Bailey, Xavier Rhodes, Josh Norman
S: Kenny Vaccaro, Charles Woodson, James Ihedigbo, Bacarri Rambo

K: Justin Tucker
P: Dustin Colquitt
Ret: Dwayne Harris
While I really do like this team, I can't help but mentally replace Russell Wilson with Drew Brees, whom I almost took. Short term this team would likely be among the best with Brees; I'm curious how the masses view it with Wilson.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Offense

QB-Jay Cutler(Brady Quinn)

RB-Lesean McCoy(Toby Gerhart)

FB-John Kuhn

WR-Eric Decker(Jarius Wright)

WR-Vincent Brown(Cordarrelle Patterson)

TE-Kyle Rudolph(Scott Chandler)

OT-Duane Brown

OG-Dallas Thomas

OC-Dominic Railola

OG-Gabe Carimi(Dennis Kelly)

OT-Anthony Davis(Ben Ijalana)

Defense

DE-Antonio Smith

DT-Dontari Poe

DE-Tyson Alualu(Jarvis Jenkins)

OLB-Clay Matthews(Jelani Jenkins)

ILB-Perry Riley

ILB-Nick Barnett(Moise Fokou)

OLB-Jason Worlids(Lorenzo Alexander)

CB-Dre Kirkpatick(Nolan Carroll)

CB-DeAngelo Hall(Kyle Arrington)

S-Harrison Smith(Ronde Barber)

S-Taylor Mays(Craig Dahl)

Special Teams

K-Lawrence Tynes

P-Steve Weatherford

Having the last pick of the first round, I had to take some risks and hope they payed off. I wanted to build a offense that could compete with the elite ones in this league. I feel got the best set of bookend tackles in the draft, with I think is the best LT in Duane Brown and the best RT in Anthony Davis. I filled out the rest of the line with some solid veterans and probable high draft pick Dallas Thomas. The 3rd round reversal allowed me to nab Jay Cutler who I thought would be gone by the time the 65th pick came around. I gave him one of the best RBs in the game with Lesean McCoy either running or catching the ball. I gambled a bit at WR. I got a very solid Eric Decker, but two boom or bust WRs at 2 and 3 on the depth chart. Starting with Cordarelle Patterson and coming off injury Vincent Brown, hoping I could get one boom and one solid 3rd WR. Jarius Wright at WR4 should be ok as he'll see a big role coming to him this year with the Vikings. Very good TE combo with probowl MVP Kyle Rudolph and Scott Chandler. Cutler has never had protection like this, hopefully he can use his weapons correct without being too turnover prone.

I went with a 3-4 on defense. Led by Clay Mathews, I think I put a solid team around him. Three big guys in Poe, Alualu, and Antonio Smith up front. Hopefully Poe will improve on his very average rookie year. Beside Mathews at LB is veteran Nick Barnett and emerging Perry Riley on the inside. Opposite Clay, with be Jason Worilds who will finally get enough snaps to prove if he's another great Steeler LBer. I'm a huge Harrison Smith guy, so he will lead the defenisve backs. Dre Kirkpatick will need to stay healthy and prove his high draft pick status of last year. Deangelo Hall is a huge risk taker on the other side. Backing them up are Kyle Arrington and Nolan Carroll who I really like in their role. Beside Smith at saftey is hard hitting Taylor Mays who will play close to the line as possible, they are backed up by vets Craig Dahl and Ronde Barber.

Lots of risks, but drafting 32 was not easy.

Oakland Raiders Offense - Manning StyleQB: Peyton Manning, Blaine GabbertHB: Doug Martin, Joique BellFB: Greg JonesWR: Julio Jones, Denarius Moore, Andre Roberts, Brandon GibsonTE: Dustin Keller, Tony SchefflerOT: Jordan Gross, Donald Penn, Jeromy Clary, Vinston PainterOG: Chris Snee, Chris KuperOC: David Baas Defense - 4-3DT: Glenn Dorsey, Kawan Short, Kevin Vickerson, Jordan HillDE: Julius Peppers, Da'Quan Bowers, Daryll Tapp, Everett DawkinsLB: Ahmad Brooks, Thomas Howard, Barrett Ruud, A.J. Klein, Kevin ReddickCB: Aqib Talib, Prince Amukamura, Sheldon Brown, Dimitri PattersonS: Tavon Wilson, Kerry Rhodes, Shawn Williams Special TeamsK: Matt PraterP: Johnny HekkerKR: Andre Roberts

Commentary:

Considering this team had three different owners through this process, I think it turned out OK. Any team with a big 3 of Manning/Martin/Julio is going to be a threat on offense. Defensively they are probably a bit below average, despite spending early picks there.
"despite spending early picks there." - Almost all early picks were used on offense, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Being "Probably a bit below average" on defense despite focusing almost entirely on offense in the early rounds, this is an accomplishment.

This team is set to challenge for the SuperBowl from week 1 with Peyton Manning, a elite young WR/RB combo and very strong talent at Corner, which will give Peppers some time to pressure opposing QBs. Doug Martin will have a field-day shredding defenses focused on the Manning to Julio Jones combo. The Raiders will ride out the career of one of the best QBs in NFL history (and currently) and focus on the future of the position via the draft in a couple of seasons.

Commentary:

"despite spending early picks there." - Almost all early picks were used on offense, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Being "Probably a bit below average" on defense despite focusing almost entirely on offense in the early rounds, this is an accomplishment.

This team is set to challenge for the SuperBowl from week 1 with Peyton Manning, a elite young WR/RB combo and very strong talent at Corner, which will give Peppers some time to pressure opposing QBs. Doug Martin will have a field-day shredding defenses focused on the Manning to Julio Jones combo. The Raiders will ride out the career of one of the best QBs in NFL history (and currently) and focus on the future of the position via the draft in a couple of seasons.
Peppers, Talib, and Brooks were taken 4, 5, 6. Prince at 10. Those are early picks.

Miami Dolphins

Offense

QB: Nick Foles, Joe Webb

RB: Vick Ballard, Robert Turbin, Roy Helu
FB: Jerome Felton

WR: Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Brian Quick, Ramses Barden, Tommy Streeter

TE: Rob Housler, Virgil Green

OT: Russell Okung, Chris Hairston, Lamar Holmes

OG: Josh Sitton, John Greco, Johnnie Troutman

C: Stefen Wisniewski, Trevor Robinson

Defense (4-3/3-4 hybrid)

DE: Robert Ayers, Robert Quinn, Cam Thomas

DT: Sammie Lee Hill, Roy Miller, Ian Williams, Tony McDaniel

OLB: Colin McCarthy, Jabaal Sheard, Aaron Maybin

MLB: Navorro Bowman, Brian Banks

CB: Charles Tillman, Jimmy Smith, DJ Moore, Josh Bush

SS: Donte Whitner

FS: Morgan Burnett

Special Teams

PR/KR: Randall Cobb

P: Kevin Huber

K: Steven Hauschka

"Went for a couple of goals: 1) Guys who are capable of starting or are currently starters on teams, 2) go for a good line on both sides of the ball, 3) youth youth youth. I believe I was able to get starters (at least startable players) on this team as well as create decent guys at trenches. Most noticeable thing is that this team is very young. With a team average of 25.3 years of age, this team has a lot of time to gel and develop chemistry. Most glaring need is probably QB, but that does not mean Nick Foles can't get the job done. However, if this team were to acquire a franchise QB in upcoming trades, free agency or drafts, I think this team could be a playoff contender. The defense may lack some immediate depth, but should hold up against some of the more offensive powerhouses in this 'league'"

Final 49ers Roster:

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Trent Richardson

FB: Jed Collins

WR: Victor Cruz

WR: Marques Colston

WR: Travis Benjamin

TE: Delanie Walker

LT: Eric Fisher

LG: Travis Frederick

C: Robert Turner

RG: Brandon Moore

RT: Dave Stewart

DE: Jared Allen

DE: John Abraham

DT: Cullen Jenkins

DT: Letroy Guion

OLB: Mychal Kendricks

MLB: Pat Angerer

OLB: Manti Te'o

CB: Tim Jennings

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha

SS: Tyvon Branch

FS: Jamarca Sanford

PK: Greg Zuerlein

P: Donnie Jones

Returner: Travis Benjamin/Larod Stephens-Howling

Bench:

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB: Larod Stephens-Howling

WR: Robert Meachem

TE: Charles Clay

TE: Craig Stevens

OT: Nate Garner

OT: Derek Sherrod

C: Matt Birk

DE: Everson Griffin

DT: Pat Sims

DE: Lavar Edwards

LB: Akeem Jordan

LB: DJ Smith

CB: Desmond Trufant

S: Tashaun Gipson

Overall, this is a top team, IMO. The offense will be high octane, with Drew Brees running the show and Trent Richardson in the backfield. WRs are top notch, with Cruz and Colston providing one of the best 1-2 punches in the league, and Benjamin/Meachem doing quality work as the #3 and #4. Walker has not had a huge chance to shine as the backup in San Fran, but the Titans believed in him enough to sign him as their starter.

On defense, Jared Allen and John Abraham are older, but still producing at a very high level. They will help each other - who can the defense double team? Cullen Jenkins is a solid #1 DT, and those 3 will help to mask the youth at my DT2 position. Everson Griffin is a solid #3 DE, and can rotate in at either DE position. At LB, Kenricks and Te'o are 2 young LBs, and Angerer should come back healthy to be a tackling machine. Akeem Jordan and DJ Smith will fill in where needed in the LB line. The defensive backfield should be quite solid, with INT machine Tim Jennings manning one side and Asomugha filling the other, with young standout CB Desmond Trufant as a great Nickle back. Branch is a great coverage SS who can fly all over the field, and Sanford should be average at the FS position, with young guy Tashaun Gipson backing him up.

My special teams should be among the best in the game, with young star Greg Zuerline at the kicker position and solid vet Donnie Jones as my punter. Travis Benjamin showed last year enough to let the Browns part with Josh Cribbs in the return game, and Larod Stephens-Howling has shown well there in the past also.

All in all, this team should be a major contender for the championship as long as Brees is there.

Final Colts roster:

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Chris Johnson

FB: Stanley Havili

WR: Vincent Jackson

WR: Justin Hunter

WR: Jeremy Kerley

TE: Antonio Gates

LT: Jared Gaither/Jeff Otah

LG: Nate Livings

C: AQ Shipley

RG: Alvin Bailey

RT: Menelik Watson/Jeff Otah

DE: Cameron Wake

DE: Michael Johnson

DT: Dwan Edwards

DT: Johnathan Hankins

OLB: Sean Weatherspoon

MLB: Curtis Lofton

OLB: Deandre Levy

CB: Joe Haden

CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

FS: Chris Clemons

SS: George Wilson

PK: Connor Barth

P: Brian Anger

Returner: Jeremy Kerley

Bench:

QB: Drew Stanton

RB: MIkel Leshoure

WR: Nate Washington

WR: Michael Jenkins

TE: Matt Spaeth

OT: Jeff Otah

OG: Bruce Campbell

C: Jeff Faine

DT: Amobi Okoye

DE: Kyle Vanden Bosch

LB: Julian Sanford

LB: EJ Henderson

LB: Dhani Jones

CB: Josh Robinson

SS: Chris Prosinski

This team is an altogether different beast, but one that should also do well. I made my early focus defense on this team, and it definitely shows, as this should be one of the top defensive units in the league. Starting with the terrors at DE of Cameron Wake and Michael Johnson, mixed with the solid play of Dwan Edwards and Jonathan Hankins at DT, and my pass rush should be quite formidable. At LB, the two former teammates in ATL of Sean Weatherspoon and Curtis Lofton will be hard to handle in the run game. Levy is also a former tackle machine. My CB duo of Joe Haden and DRC will be able to handle any WRs that come at them, and Josh Robinson is a solid young nickel.

On offense, I should be able to do enough to put some points on the board. The skill positions of Tony Romo, Chris Johnson/Mikel Leshoure, Vincent Jackson, Justin Hunter, Kerley, Nate Washington, and Michael Jenkins combined with Antonio Gates will be just fine on offense. I am counting on some question marks on the line, however, with Gaither and Menelik Watson manning my tackle spots. Assuming he can come back healthy, Jeff Otah will be able to help out there for me. My guards are pretty good for how late I got them, with veteran Nate Livings mixing with rookie Alvin Bailey to hold up on the interior. Bruce Campbell should be a great backup option, who can fill in at either guard position or tackle in a pinch. At center youngster AQ Shipley and veteran Jeff Faine should be ok. The usage of great blocking TE Matt Spaeth as an extra blocker will help as well.

All in all, this team will need some of the young players on the line to step up, but the defense should be able to keep us in games and get us to the playoffs. Once there, it remains to be seen if Romo can step up, or choke it away as he has in the past.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Having the last pick of the first round, I had to take some risks and hope they payed off.

Lots of risks, but drafting 32 was not easy.
:cry: Quit 'cher whinin. You got 2 top 33 players and 3 top 65.

As I mentioned in the draft thread, I'm home helping with a newborn -- yes, Fubar, he's mine (and he has the butt chin to prove it) -- so I won't be able to add much commentary. Heavy on youth, especially in key positions (QB, WR, OT, DE, CB), but enough veteran leadership to make the team competitive. Hope to grow into a legitimate contender by 2014 or 2015.

Running a 4-3 defense with lots of man coverage. On offense, will probably run a WCO.

Quarterback: Sam Bradford (25) Christian Ponder (25)

Running Back: Pierre Thomas (28) Bryce Brown (22) Kerwynn Williams (Rook)

Wide Receiver: Josh Gordon (22) Kendall Wright (23) Jacoby Ford (26) Devon Wylie (24)

Tight End: Dennis Pitta (28) Nick Kasa (Rook)

Left Tackle: Branden Albert (28)

Left Guard: Chad Rinehart (28)

Center: Ryan Cook (30) Ted Larsen (26)

Right Guard: Lance Louis (28)

Right Tackle: Lane Johnson (24) Byron Bell (24)

Left End: Nick Perry (23) Tank Carradine (Rook/24)

Defensive Tackle: Fletcher Cox (22) Mike Martin (23) Vance Walker (26)

Right End: Charles Johnson (27) Larry English (27)

Outside Linebacker: Danny Trevathan (23) Leroy Hill (30) Russell Allen (27)

Inside Linebacker: Mark Herzlich (26) Tim Shaw (29)

Cornerback: Brandon Flowers (27) Trumaine Johnson (23) Adam Jones (29)

Strong Safety: Quentin Jammer (34) Brandon Taylor (23)

Free Safety: Kenny Phillips (26) Josh Evans (Rook)

Place Kicker: Havard Rugland (28?)

Punter: Andy Lee (31)

**age is as of September 1, 2013

Exalted, we should keep a list of links to each team's final roster in the original post. That way when we gather a panel of judges or have voting, it's easy to check out each team.

CHICAGO BEARS

QB: Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez

RB: Stevan Ridley, Jacquizz Rodgers, Christine Michael

WR: Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Jerome Simpson, Mo Massaquoi

TE: Brandon Myers, Orson Charles, Dante Rosario

LT: Trent Williams, Joseph Barksdale

LG: Willie Colon, Tony Bergstrom

C: Alex Mack

RG: Matt Slauson, Doug Legursky

RT: DJ Fluker, Jason Smith

DE: Chris Long, Quinton Coples, Shea McClellin

DT: Phil Taylor, Brandon Mebane, Marvin Austin

OLB: Jerrod Mayo, Michael Boley, Jerry Hughes

MLB: Stephen Tulloch

CB: Cortland Finnegan, Antoine Cason, Aaron Ross, Kelvin Hayden

SS: DJ Swearinger

FS: Daniel Manning, Reed Doughty

K: Robbie Gould

P: Tim Masthay

This team is ready to win now. Very well balanced. On offense we can throw it and pound it because of a very good line, led by a legit franchise LT and a top young center. High hopes for the mammoth RT rookie. Flacco has proven thru the last two postseasons he is as complete/clutch a qb as there is. No questions about his arm and making every throw and being able to lead a team to the promise land. We want a power running attack and should be able to achieve that with Ridley and the promising rookie Michael. Rodgers is a very nice change of pace and receiver. Outside Jennings is a reliable vet and Rice and Simpson should be able to stretch the field.

In true Bear form I tried to build the classic 4-3. A very big and physical d line is the key. The two monsters in the niddle will occupy blockers and stuff the run. Long is as complete a DE as there is and Coples has all kinds of potential with his Peppers like measurements. Mayo can play inside or outside and will captain the D. I like the depth at corner with the pesky Finnegan leading the way. Very excited at the potential of rookie Swearinger as a major disruptor.

I see no reason for this team to not consistently win 10-12 games a year and make deep playoff runs starting now.

New Orleans Saints

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Terrelle Pryor

RB: Frank Gore, Isaac Redman, Leon Washington

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Pierre Garcon, Reggie Wayne, Earl Bennett

TE: Travis Kelce, Joel Dreessen, Joseph Fauria

OT: Marcus Gilbert, Bryan Bulaga, David Bakhtiari

OG: Chris Chester, Kory Lichtensteiger, Josh Leribeus

C: Will Montgomery

DE: Michael Bennett, Dwight Freeney, Matt Shaughnessy, Lawrence Jackson

DT: Jason Hatcher, Kendall Reyes, C.J. Mosley

OLB: Nick Roach, Kaluka Maiava, James-Michael Johnson, Geno Hayes

MLB: Bobby Wagner

CB: Lardarius Webb, Chris Harris Jr., Chris Cook, Davon House

S: Eric Weddle, Mike Adams, Steve Gregory

K: Blair Walsh

P: Michael Koenen

KR/PR: Leon Washington

Commentary:

My overall strategy for the draft was to build around Aaron Rodgers, the best quarterback in the league. Rodgers will likely be the best quarterback in the league for the next 3-5 years and should be able to be a top-tier quarterback for 3-5 more years after that. Getting such an advantage over every other team, I wanted to pick players in their prime or players just about to enter their prime so that I can maximize the chances of winning now.

Offense:

Offensively, I will primarily be using 11 personnel as my base for two primary reasons. First, it fits my team's strengths the best. Rodgers is at his best and has been dominant running the spread offense in Green Bay. While they aren't truly elite players at their position, Bowe, Garcon, and Wayne are all legitimate WR1 caliber players. Wayne is getting up there in age, but last year he began to play more in the slot and looked as good as he has ever been. Wayne isn't an exceptional athlete but his elite technique and precision should allow him to dominate nickel corners across the league.

The second reason I like having 11 personnel as my base is that it forces other teams to play in nickel or dime. Most teams in the league picked their first 11 defensive players around a 4-3 or 3-4 base defense. That means by having their nickel or dime package on the field, the other team does not have their best 11 defensive players on the field. Most teams don't have 3 or more good corners simply because of supply and demand and I plan to exploit that fact.

My interior offensive line is an exact copy of the Redskins' interior line, who performed at a high level last year, particularly in pass protection. The group already has chemistry together and they should not face the early struggles other offensive lines will face regarding chemistry. I plan to have Gilbert at LT and Bulaga at RT. Bulaga is one year removed from a dominant 2011. I'm hoping he recovers from injury okay and regains that dominant form for 2013. Gilbert has been injured often, but while on the field he has been alright in pass protection. For as late as I picked him, I feel like I got away with an adequate LT.

Like Wayne, Gore is getting up there in age. While Gore isn't a home run threat every play, he is still a fine, no-nonsense runner between the tackles. Redman is a similar no-nonsense runner and both Gore and Redman are good in pass protection and are good receivers out of the backfield. Looking at the age of my RBs, it will definitely be an area to address in the draft, next offseason.

At tight end, I have a solid, balanced veteran in Joel Dreessen and two lottery tickets. I'm unsure how well the two rookies will transition to the pro game but I would be comfortable with Dreessen as my starter.

Defense:

I built my defense around the fact that I have a top offense centered around the best quarterback in the league. I am banking on the fact that teams will need to pass to keep up with my offense. I mentioned when discussing offense that most teams built their defense around being in 4-3 or 3-4 the most often. My defense is at its best in nickel and dime. Wagner is an elite MLB and had an incredible rookie year. He is my 3 down linebacker. Webb and Harris Jr. are two of the best slot corners in the league and make my dime defense pretty stout against the run. Cook and House are two high potential corners who have shown glimpses of high level play but have been hampered by injury and inconsistency. My defensive line is built around some pretty good pass rushers. Weddle is arguably the best safety in the game and can correct many mistakes that are made in front of him. Adams and Gregory will compete for the other safety spot and both are solid veterans.

My 4-3 base defense isn't as pretty on paper. When running base 4-3, the Saints will probably take out Reyes and Freeney and put in C.J. Mosely and Shaughnessy, who both play the run well. I am hoping two of my outside linebackers are adequate for my 4-3 base. Roach has been unspectacular but okay during his time in Chicago. Maiava had a pretty good season last year but is inexperienced. James-Michael Johnson was okay in his rookie year but got injured. Hayes has been wildly inconsistent and is a gamble. OLB is definitely the biggest weakness for the Saints.

Overall, I agree my defense will struggle against the run. However, I don't think opposing offenses will have the luxury of being able to run the ball the entire game and will need to try to pass to keep up with Rodgers.

Special Teams:

Walsh is the best, young kicker in the league. My punter is below average but adequate. Leon Washington is one of the better returners in the league.

I think my team as a whole is definitely in the top tier. My offense is one of the best in the league and my defense is somewhere in the middle of the league. Going into future offseasons, my needs are pretty clear, yet I feel like I don't have any gaping holes. OLB and RB will need to be addressed pretty immediately. At OLB I have barely adequate, short-term stop gaps. At RB, my current players should be above average for the next year or two, but they will likely have a steep decline. In two seasons, I may have a completely different backfield. Tackle may be a spot to address if my guys can't stay healthy but if they can, I feel pretty comfortable. Beyond those 2-3 spots, I feel like I have a good foundation for the next 3-5+ years.

Love the 49ers. Hate the Dolphins (just ugly)
Makes me sad to hear you dont like my Dolphins =(

JK - i know my team does not have any flashy or glamour elite offensive weapons, but I think my strength is in a solid O-line and D-line. Not to mention the O-line overall is really young. As long as that O-line establishes itself I think any skill player will do well. As I said in my commentary, my strength is in the lines and youth.

St. Louis Rams

QB: Jake Locker, Tyler Thigpen; WILDCAT - Brad Smith

RB: Ryan Mathews, Chris Thompson, Spencer Ware

FB: Ahmard Hall

WR: Danario Alexander, Santana Moss, Joshua Cribbs, Brad Smith, Marcus Davis

TE: Jordan Cameron, Daniel Fells

OT: King Dunlap, Kelechi Osemele; Backups - Don Barclay, Tyler Polombus

OG: David Quessenberry, Dan Connolly; Backups - Jake Scott

C: Ryan Wendell

DE: J.J. Watt, William Hayes; Backups - John Hughes

DT: Vince Wilfork, Nick Fairley; Backups - Stephen Paea

OLB: K.J. Wright, Derrick Johnson; Backups - Quincy Black

MLB: DeMeco Ryans; Backups - Nate Irving

CB: Devin McCourty, Sam Shields, Leonard Johnson

S: FS - Abram Elam, SS - T.J. Ward; Backup - Will Hill

K: Josh Scobee 

P: Thomas Moorstead

KR/PR: Joshua Cribbs (both)

Denver Broncos

QB: Matt Schaub

RB: Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush

FB: Rhett Ellison

WR: Brandon Marshall, Domenik Hixon, Doug Baldwin, Keshawn Martin

TE: Dwayne Allen, Luke Stocker

OT: LT - Joe Thomas, RT - Andre Smith, Backups - Jordan Tretter, Cameron Bradfield

OG: Harvey Dahl, Jon Asamoah; Backups - Chris Spencer, Earl Watford

C: Nick Mangold

DE: Chris Clemons, Rob Ninkovich; Juqua Parker

DT: Jurrell Casey, Desmond Bryant; Sen'derrick Marks

OLB: Kevin Burnett, Koa Misi

MLB: Rolando McClain (RETIRED WTF); Malcolm Smith, Bryan Scott

CB: Mike Jenkins, Cortez Allen; Blidi-Wreh Wilson

S: FS - Usama Young, SS - Jerron McMillian; Alan Ball

K: Dan Carpenter

P: Dave Zastudil

KR/PR: Keshawn Martin (both)

Arizona Cardinals

Offense (West Coast/Spread)

QB: Matt Flynn (Tyler Wilson)

RB: DeAngelo Williams (Isaiah Pead)

WR: Malcom Floyd, Cecil Shorts, Keenan Allen (Andrew Hawkins), (T.J. Graham)

TE: Heath Miller (Anthony McCoy) (Ryan Otten)

H-back: Garrett Graham

LT: Jason Peters (Rodger Saffold)

LG: T.J. Lang (Tyronne Green)

C: Brian de la Puente

RG: Larry Warford (Tyronne Green)

RT: Rodger Saffold (T.J. Lang)

Defense (Multiple)

D-line: Geno Atkins, Muhammad Wilkerson, Star Lotulelei (Mike DeVito), (Israel Idonije)

LEO: Junior Galette (Frank Alexander)

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan (Victor Butler)

ILB: Daryl Washington, Larry Foote (Albert McClellan)

CB: Brandon Carr, Jabari Greer (E.J. Biggers), (Jerraud Powers), (Leon McFadden)

FS: Thomas DeCoud

SS: Reggie Nelson

Special Teams

K: Josh Brown

P: Chris Kluwe

When I found out that I had the 15th overall pick, I decided that, since most if not all of the franchise QBs would be off the board, I would experiment a little and go heavy defense. This was mainly because I thought that taking a QB would only further subscribe to the theory that the strength of the QB = strength of franchise, and in that case I wouldn’t be able to compete with the teams that picked before me. Also, in the real NFL, teams such as the 49ers, especially with Alex Smith under center, have shown us that teams are capable of winning championships without elite QBs. In the end, I put together a team I really like. I have what I think is the best defense in the league and an offense that can move the ball and won’t be a complete liability.

Defense:

My defense is built around the second and third best defensive linemen in the NFL last season, Atkins and Wilkerson. I think that an elite D-line is the best thing a franchise can have other than an elite QB. I think even the top O-lines that have been assembled in this draft will struggle with these guys coming at them all game long. I have the depth to keep all my guys fresh throughout the game (I’d like to limit all my linemen to 80% of snaps at most) and the versatility to run multiple fronts to confuse quarterbacks and abuse opposing weaknesses.

Three-man front:

My starting 3-4 alignment will be Atkins, Lotulelei, and Wilkerson on the line with Galette/Butler, Foote, Washington, and Kerrigan at LB. Idonije will rotate in at DE and DeVito will rotate in at DE and NT. McClellan can rotate in at either ILB spot. This is a well-balanced alignment that will be difficult to run or pass against. My line can tie up all five O-linemen by themselves, and might even take a sixth. Washington, Kerrigan, and whoever starts between Galette and Butler are major threats to blitz on any play, and Foote will provide a reliable tackler to stop the run.

For nickel packages, the seldom-seen 3-3-5 is an option with this personnel group. This formation has found some success in the college ranks as a counter to spread formations. Since the spread is being used more and more on the NFL level, I believe that the 3-3-5 will soon have its place. Foote will be the one to hit the bench in this formation.

Four-man front:

I have many options for lineups with a four-man front. My “base” 4-3 package would be a 4-3 under look with Galette, Atkins, Star, and Wilkerson on the line. I could also use a lineup of Galette, Atkins, Wilkerson, and Idonije for more pass rushing or a line of Idonije, Atkins, Wilkerson, and DeVito for better run stopping. In short, almost all my defensive linemen are versatile enough to line up all over the 4-3 line, which allows me to tailor it to my opponent’s weaknesses. My linebackers for these formations would be Foote/McClellan, Washington, and Kerrigan.

In nickel packages my starting WLB (Foote/McClellan) will be taken off the field.

Five-man front:

The real Cardinals have experimented with a 5-2 look. I think it has some merits, especially with the rise of the read-option. A five-man line with DeVito, Atkins, Star, Wilkerson, and Idonije would be nearly impossible to run against. Washington and Kerrigan will play linebacker in this formation.

Two-man front:

The real Cardinals have also experimented with a 2-4-5 formation. It was the formation they used to confuse Brady and the Pats this past year in Foxboro. When I go to this look, Atkins, Wilkerson, and Star will rotate as the two down linemen. Galette/Butler/Alexander and Kerrigan will line up as the OLBs close to the line as pass rushers, and Foote and Washington will provide run stability and coverage in the middle.

In drafting corners, I stressed coverage ability over run stopping ability, since I will mostly trust my front seven against the run. I don’t have a stand-out player, but I can go four deep on CB without any major coverage liabilities, especially with the aid of my dominant front seven. I also have an excellent pair of safeties. DeCoud is a ballhawk who will take advantage of the mistakes that my pass rush will cause, and Nelson is an all-around safety who I can trust to help in coverage or run support. In terms of the total package of depth and talent, I believe I have one of the strongest secondaries in this league.

Offense:

Because of my defense, I don’t need a great offense. I just need one that will can capitalize on field position advantages and keep my defense adequately rested. I think I accomplished these goals. My offense will mainly consist of quick passes, draws, screens, etc to minimize mistakes and mask my weaknesses.

Many people will look at my QB’s name and immediately dismiss my offense. However, while I definitely won’t be saying that QB is a position of strength, I don’t think my QB represents a weakness. Flynn has shown good ability in every opportunity he’s been given. Many might dismiss him for riding the bench last year, but he got beat out by one of the most impressive rookies we’ve seen in a long time, and from everything I hear, the race was extremely close, and many of the Seattle players expected Flynn to be named the starter. I’m not trying to say that Flynn will be anywhere near as good as Wilson, but that his losing is not an indication that he’s unable to be an NFL QB. His biggest weakness as a QB seems to be his ability to throw downfield, but in my offense this won’t be a huge concern. I also have a very good lottery ticket in Tyler Wilson. I believe he has the highest ceiling of all the rookies this year, and with a couple years of tutelage he could become a true franchise QB.

I was very happy to get DeAngelo Williams pretty late as my RB, since I think he can be a true three-down back. Even at 30, he should have a couple more years of production left. Pead can spell Williams and might take over as the feature back when Williams is done. I still believe Pead is the one that will take over in St. Louis this year and that he has bellcow potential. If this draft had continued past 40 rounds, I would have definitely looked to grab an insurance starter and another project. Once I had Williams, RB wasn’t a position I worried too much about because of its replaceability.

Like my secondary, my receiving group doesn’t have any standout players, but it has consistent talent across the board. Floyd will likely play the Z and his primary role will be to take up the best opposing corner. He will also provide reliable hands and veteran route running. Shorts showed true WR1 ability last year with Gabbert and Henne throwing to him. Flynn is better than both Gabbert and Henne. Even if he doesn’t become a go-to guy, he still has dynamic homerun abilities. Allen will also receive a QB upgrade. He will play out of the slot and will hopefully become a great possession/third down receiver like Boldin or Colston. Hawkins is adept at finding space quickly and is shifty in open space. He’s perfect for creating a mismatch against a linebacker for an easy few yards. T.J. Graham has great development potential and will be my primary return man for the present.

My tight end position could be a strength if Heath Miller is able to come back successfully. He is one of the best all-around tight ends in the game and his ability to get open underneath and in the red zone is perfect for my offense. Anthony McCoy can both block and receive, and he showed some flashes in his opportunities this past year. I would feel comfortable giving him a full-time opportunity if necessary. Ryan Otten could develop into a good H-back type receiver. Garrett Graham will be moved around frequently to exploit mismatches.

My offensive line is a wildcard. If all goes well, then I have an above average line. Peters was the best LT in the game before his injury, and although I don’t expect him to return to that, I believe he will come back as a very good tackle. Saffold will be a good right tackle and will provide insurance for Peters. De la Puente is a top center, Warford is a very safe guard prospect, and Lang is a starting caliber guard who can slide over to RT if Saffold has to move back over to the left. If things turn for the worst, then my O-line becomes my biggest weakness. I will try to mask this weakness through a lot of three-step drops and quick reads. If this draft had gone beyond 40 rounds, O-line depth would have been the number one priority.

Special Teams:

Chris Kluwe is one of the best at pinning opponents deep. I think that starting deep against my defense will be a nightmare for any offense.

Josh Brown is a reliable kicker. Nothing much else to say.

T.J. Graham and Andrew Hawkins are the current returners on the roster. If the draft had continued, I likely would have taken another.

Overall, I think the evaluation of my team will depend on how people view the value of a great defense. If you’re of the camp that you cannot win in the NFL without a franchise QB, then there’s no way I can compete with the Saints, 49ers, etc. However, if you believe that a team can contend for a Super Bowl on the strength of their defense, then you must consider the Cardinals a strong contender.

Cuirious to see which team had the most 1st Round NFL draft picks selected.

Quick glance I saw the 49ers (Eric Fisher / Tavon Austin / Travis Fredrick ) and Chargers (Sheldon Richardson / DeAndre Hopkins / Kyle Long ) team have 3 each.

.....anyone else have more or similar ?

Bengals have just 2 (Jordan and Mingo) but they were taken 3rd and 6th overall. I think they'll have a bunch in the 2nd (Brown, Woods, Armstead, maybe Ball).

Quick glance I saw the 49ers (Eric Fisher / Tavon Austin / Travis Fredrick ) and Chargers (Sheldon Richardson / DeAndre Hopkins / Kyle Long ) team have 3 each.

My 49ers did have 3 first rounders, but Austin was not one of them:

Eric Fisher - #1 overall (taken in the 3rd round) :thumbup:

Desmond Trufant - #22 overall (taken in round 10!) :thumbup:

Travis Frederick - #31 overall (taken in round 22!!!) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

EDIT: Also have Manti Te'o, who should go in round 2 sometime, I would imagine?

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Offense
QB: Ben Roethlisbeger, Kevin Kolb
RB: Adrian Peterson, Andre Brown
FB: Darrel Young
WR: Miles Austin, Lance Moore, Joseph Morgan, Trindon Holliday (KR)
TE: Vernon Davis, Ben Watson
LT:Anthony Collins, Donald Stephenson
LG:Jeremy Zuttah
C: Chris Myers, Geoff Hangartner
RG: Leroy Harris, Kyle Kosier
RT: Tyson Clabo

4/3 Defense
LE: Will Smith, Jeremy Mincey

RE: Kamerion Wimbley, Ray Edwards

DT: Jay Ratliff, Chris Canty, Sione Pouha

LOLB: Wesley Woodyard, Joe Mays

MLB: Paul Posluszny, Kavell Connor

ROLB: Vontaze Burfict

CB: Janoris Jenkins, Carlos Rogers, Kyle Wilson, Terrell Thomas

SS: Mark Barron, Tom Zbikowski

FS: Malcolm Jenkins

Special Teams
K: Sebastian Janikowski

P: Sav Rocca

KR: Trindon Holliday

Analysis
Analysis to come

Skins look pretty decent, but not much at WR, and D-line looks a little shaky to me. Gotta be concerned that AP is getting older - Brown as your top backup is not a comforting sight if AP goes down.

I like the prospects of Austin and Lance Moore. If Austin is healthy hes a good combo of size and speed. If we drafted 55 rounds I would have grabbed some other vet WRs to round out the corp.

I disagree about Andre Brown, I think he has proven to be a good NFL RB when healthy. Hes not a pro bowl RB but hes at least a viable backup and good change of pace back.

Agree on D-Line. Wimbley would be the best DE and not sure how hed do in a 4-3.

My 49ers did have 3 first rounders, but Austin was not one of them:

Eric Fisher - #1 overall (taken in the 3rd round) :thumbup:

Desmond Trufant - #22 overall (taken in round 10!) :thumbup:

Travis Frederick - #31 overall (taken in round 22!!!) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

EDIT: Also have Manti Te'o, who should go in round 2 sometime, I would imagine?
Dallas Rookies

Luke Joeckel - #2 Overall

Tavon Austin - #8 Overall

Zach Ertz - #35 Overall

Giovanni Bernard - #37 Overall

Johnthan Banks - #43 Overall

Two top 10 picks and three early 2nd rounders... good way to start your franchise

Bengals Rookies

#3 - Dion Jordan, DE#6 - Barkevious Mingo, DE#41 - Robert Woods, WR#56 - Arthur Brown, LB#58 - Montee Ball, RB#75 - Terron Armstead, OT#114 - B.W. Webb, CB#122 - Khaled Holmes, OC#129 - John Simon, DE/OLB#139 - Montori Hughes, DT#240 - Reid Fragel, OTUndrafted (but signed) - Mark Harrison, WRUndrafted (but signed) - Jake Stoneburner, TE

Browns Rookies

#26 - Datone Jones, DE#39 - Geno Smith, QB#45 - Kevin Minter, LB#47 - Gavin Escobar, TE#80 - J.J. Wilcox, S#92 - Stedman Bailey, WR#107 - Brian Schwenke, OC#117 - Khaseem Greene, LB#141 - Oday Aboushi, OT#197 - Cobi Hamilton, WR

I've been really busy lately; I'll have the Chiefs roster and analysis soon.

I think the teams that drafted a rookie QB and are relying on them to be successful immediately are in trouble (including my Chiefs). Besides Manuel, teams didn't feel strongly about anybody and even Manuel is considered a project. I kind of am hoping my Chiefs are like the 2012 Chiefs. Good talent across the board but weak quarterback play leads to the first pick and Bridgewater.

Commentary:

Peppers, Talib, and Brooks were taken 4, 5, 6. Prince at 10. Those are early picks.
:rolleyes:

Both of these teams' cores were drafted by Skeletore Eh, who will hopefully provide analysis when he gets the chance. I took over for Skeletore when our draft switched to FCFS (around round 30).Eagles:Offense:QB: Robert Griffin III, Matt MooreRB: Lamar Miller, Le'Veon BellFB: Jeff CumberlandWR: Hakeem Nicks, Michael Floyd, LaVonn Brazill, Mohamed Sanu, Markus WheatonTE: Owen Daniels, Chris GraggT: Michael Roos, Eric Winston, Nate PotterG: Jonathan Cooper, Brian Winters, Danny WatkinsC: Evan Dietrich-SmithDefense:DE: Mario Williams, Trevor Scott, Austen LaneDT: Terrance Knighton, John Jenkins, Justin BannanOLB: Paul Kruger, Akeem AyersMLB: D.J. Williams, DeMorrio WilliamsCB: Kareem Jackson, Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Omar Bolden, Josh Johnson

FS: Jairus Byrd, Joe LefegedSS: Michael HuffSpecial Teams:K: Shaun SuishamP: Britton ColquittKR/PR: Ted Ginn Jr.

Panthers:Offense:QB: Ryan Tannehill, Colt McCoyRB: Ben Tate, Danny Woodhead, Zac StacyFB: Javorski LaneWR: Jordy Nelson, Kenny Britt, Chris Givens, Lestar Jean, Kenny StillsTE: Aaron HernandezT: Jonathan Martin, J'Marcus Webb, Levi BrownG: Justin Pugh, Todd Herremans, Manuel Ramirez, Mike JohnsonC: Jason Kelce Defense:DE: Derrick Morgan, Richard Seymour, Kyle MooreDT: Derrick Wolfe, Mike Patterson, Fred EvansOLB: Lavonte David, Jarvis Jones, Rob JacksonMLB: London Fletcher, Keenan RobinsonCB: Patrick Peterson, Antonio Cromartie, Marcus Trufant, Eric WrightFS: Chris Conte, Quintin DempsSS: Eric Reid Special Teams:K: Nick NovakP: Brandon Fields

Titans rookies

RB: Stepfan Taylor (140)
G: Chris Faulk (FA) :mellow:

DE: Sam Montgomery (95)
CB: Xavier Rhodes (25)
S: Kenny Vaccaro (15), Bacarri Rambo (191)
Guess I was wrong about Rambo, still think he'll be a good player.

DETROIT LIONS Rookies:
RB: Marcus Lattimore (131)
WR: Da'Rick Rogers (FA)
FB: Zach Line (FA)
G: Garrett Gilkey (227)
C: Barrett Jones (113)

DE: Margus Hunt (53)
CB: Logan Ryan (83)
S: Phillip Thomas (119)

K: Dustin Hopkins (177)
Apparently I'm not very good at drafting rookies. :mellow:

Titans rookies

RB: Stepfan Taylor (140)

G: Chris Faulk (FA) :mellow:

DE: Sam Montgomery (95)

CB: Xavier Rhodes (25)

S: Kenny Vaccaro (15), Bacarri Rambo (191)
Guess I was wrong about Rambo, still think he'll be a good player.
I don't think you're off about Rambo just yet ......he's slipped in the draft because of off field issues....talent is definitely still there.I wouldn't be to quick to judge anyones ability to draft rookies yet just because of where they went in the real NFL draft.

Lots of players in the NFL that haven't panned out as expected were passed over in our draft in favor of rookies who have potential.

I'm not sure the percentage of yearly 1st Rd busts but I'm sure this year will be similar as we will have some misses .

BUFFALO BILLS

QB Kirk Cousins, Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen

RB Mark Ingram, LaMichael James, Beanie Wells

FB Brian Leonard

WR Justin Blackmon, Donnie Avery, Rod Streater, Louis Murphy

TE Marcedes Lewis, Jordan Reed

LT Joe Staley

LG Mike Iupati, Will Rackley

C. Peter Konz

RG Marshall Yanda, James Brown

RT Bobby Massie, Khalif Barnes

DE Haloti Ngata, Red Bryant, Cam Heyward

NT Alan Branch

OLB Tamba Hali, Courtney Upshaw, Vinny Curry, Corey Lemonier

ILB Donta Hightower, Jasper Brinkley

CB Chris Houston, Dunta Robinson, Stanford Routt, Phillip Adams

SS Charles Godfrey, Haruki Nakamura

FS Patrick Chung

K Phil Dawson

P Zolton Mesko

I would be looking for a guy like Jeff Fisher to coach my Bills team. I think the o-line is the best in the league, and I'm a real believer in Mark Ingram being an effective workhorse rb. I fear he wound up in the offense that makes the least sense for his skill set. LaMichael James will bring explosiveness to the offense, and is a perfect compliment to Ingrams bruising style. The passing offense will not be lighting up any scoreboards. My hope is for Cousins to continue to improve upon what we saw from him in limited action this year. He impressed me. Blackmon, if he can control his stupidity off the field, would make for a nice intermediate target, a reliable go to guy for the young qb. In the instances we do need a bigger play downfield, Avery and Murphy will be called on. Streater showed some nice things as an undrafted rookie last year, and should contribute. I like Lewis for this offense. Big time run blocker, and a massive target when we get close to the end zone. It all starts up front imo, and with the lack of flashy players, I really wanted a line that could make things easier for the guys I did get, and I definitely feel like I accomplished that.

With the first pick of Ngata I was thinking 3-4 because of his versatility. Even midway thru this thing I still wasn't sure if he would play the nose or outside. Ultimately I think the 3 man front of Ngata and big, athletic Red Bryant outside with Branch inside is very stout and impressive. I wanted to load up on pass rushers and think I have a nice 4, led by Hali who has shown to be a 10-12 sack guy yearly. Have high hopes for Upshaw and Curry who will both get big opportunities in their 2nd year. Hightower will man the middle and captain the D. The secondary will be a place we will need to work on upgrading next offseason....I'll leave it at that. But I do love the front 7.

I think this can be an 8 win team if Cousins plays well. Low scoring, ugly affairs is where we will live. Then we can evaluate the passing offense and secondary.

I am going to post the rosters of the remaining teams (except for the Broncos, Rams, Chiefs, and Ravens because their owners have checked in to this thread) in the hopes that it will start to move things along. I hope that the owners of these teams will soon be able to provide analysis.

New York Giants:

drafted by Wu-banger

Offense:

QB: Andrew Luck, Landry Jones

RB: Steven Jackson, Knowshon Moreno, Andre Ellington

WR: Steve Smith, James Jones, Leonard Hankerson, Denard Robinson, Arrelious Benn

TE: Tyler Eifert, Anthony Fasano

T: Jake Long, Sebastian Vollmer, Zebire Sanders

G: Evan Mathis, David DeCastro

C: Samson Satele, Braden Hansen

Defense:

DE: Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Mathias Kiwanuka, Arthur Jones

DT: Sedrick Ellis, Kwame Geathers

OLB: Manny Lawson, Miles Burris, Chase Thomas

MLB: Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga, Nico Johnson

CB: Leon Hall, Brent Grimes, Jayron Hosley, Orlando Scandrick

S: Barry Church, Amari Spievey, T.J. McDonald

K: Dustin Hopkins